Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Baltimore Conference - April 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Annual Conferences on Jack the Ripper » Baltimore Conference - April 2004 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 18, 2004Emily Robinson25 4-18-04  10:49 pm
Archive through April 21, 2004Suzi Hanney25 4-21-04  3:45 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kelly Robinson
Sergeant
Username: Kelly

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a great convention!
The combination of great speakers and fun social interaction blew me away. I only wish it could have lasted longer and look forward to seeing everyone at the next one. A suggestion: could we build in some nap breaks?

Emily Robinson
Police Constable
Username: Emily

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nap-time, like in first grade (everyone could bring their own mats and Judy could read from Rumbelow's Complete to lull us off) would be good. I only today caught up on my sleeping.

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Chief Inspector
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 613
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kelly and Emily

Your making those of us who couldn't make it depressed. (Just kidding) Glad you had a great time and welcome to the boards. Hope you enjoy it here as well.

All The Best
Gary

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 167
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kelly and Emily, good to see you two made it home unscathed. I had a riot meeting you. Good luck on your magazine "The Boy Jones". Yours, Brad

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3055
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right on, sister.

But I can think of a few authors who would lull me to sleep a helluva lot faster than Rumbelow... ;-)

Know what you mean about nap time... I crashed at around 4pm on Sunday and haven't had a regular sleep pattern since. Weekend was worth it, though.
Stephen P. Ryder, Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

Candy Morgan
Police Constable
Username: Candy

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I have just gotten over my sleep deprivation long enough to type something cohesive.

I can't hand out kudos - went to the kudo cupboard today and it's bare so I must do some shopping - but I'll hand out gold stars instead. I'm all out of those too but you'll have to pretend, ok?

Gold stars to event organizers, Stephen, Judy, Leroy and someone who's name I can't read on the booklet. Wow! What a great event you guys put on.

Stars to Mr. Michael Huie, who I am gonna kick down the stairs the next time he makes me cry like that.

Stars to the presenters who gave us all some interesting points to ponder and digest.

Stars to the pub staff who did not throw us out, even though it was TWO O'CLOCK IN THE $#%&%$ MORNING and all they wanted to do was go home and go to bed.

Stars to our table for winning the trivia contest! (Shameless self promotion at it's very finest.)

I met some wonderful wonderful people, and as I said in the chat room the other night, I didn't get the chance to talk to half the people I wanted to, half as long as I wanted to talk (or some other hobbit-plagurized nonsense, sleep deprivation and all, you know...)

Stars to Naomi for taking the crazy bunch of us to go look at Abe Lincoln's poo and other wonders of the pre-video age. I'm sure there were times she felt like she had been kidnapped by some strange aliens from another planet as she drove us around and we yelled out non-sequiters as fast as our mouths would work ("Look! A NUN!" and "Japanese tourists - with cameras!" being two classic examples).

And will the Boodles sistahs please e-mail me for the pics, as I can't find enough storage space to make a page of them just yet, and I know you had plans for them.

Making my trip complete was the fact that the train was delayed twice at sidings for an astonishing 9 and a half hours total lateness, and getting searched - in that special kind of way - at Washington Station.

But that's all secondary to the fun I had this weekend, and I agree with someone else (Stan maybe?) who said that the con certainly re-energized their outlook on things.

Stephen, can I register for the next one now? Oh, please please please?

Love and rockets to all!
~~Candy
"Look! A NUN!"

Kelly Robinson
Sergeant

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 8:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Candy,
Just wanted to add to your list {because I just now remembered} that we saw Tumblety at Union Station!

Emily Robinson
Police Constable

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 7:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With a moustache like that, it's gotta be Tumblety.

Candy, you got mail.

-Emily

Stan Russo
Sergeant
Username: Stan

Post Number: 44
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boodles Sisters,

Who's Tumblety?

STAN

Emily Robinson
Police Constable

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ha! Quit making me spew latte all over the monitor, Russo.

Stan Russo
Sergeant
Username: Stan

Post Number: 45
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Emily,

That's my one true job.

STAN

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 738
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Who's Russo? Whoops, sorry Stan. Still looking forward to your book. laugh

All the best

Chris

Kelly Robinson
Sergeant

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 8:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm also looking forward to your book, Stan. What was it again? The 10 most influential kinds of fudge in history?
Kelly

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 740
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Kelly

Yes Stan's book will demonstrate to everyone how the field of Ripperology continuously goes through various fudge-cycles.

All my best

Chris George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

P.S. For our non-North American viewers, a "fudgesicle" is the counterpart of a chocolate lolly ice.

(Message edited by ChrisG on April 27, 2004)

Candy Morgan
Police Constable
Username: Candy

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I finally got the pictures up from the Dime Museum visit. They're here:
http://www.geocities.com/a_company_of_wolves/baltimore2004.html

This is a very bandwidth limited site so hopefully this will work.
"Look! A NUN!"

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 168
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great stuff Candy! Im so glad you got it. The "Painted Ladies" were a joy to see. Baltimore has great buildings and its not easy to get good pics from a car weaving through those streets. Naiomi was an expert driver and I too thank her for her hospitality!
As far as the Dime Museum...geez, you'd need maybe a thousand pics to do it justice, but you caught the spirit of the place.
Like everything about RipCon '04, that day was one I shall remember. I want to thank you, Naiomi, Emily and Kelly for letting me share the adventure. Are we all on for '06? Brad.

Kelly Robinson
Sergeant

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great captions, Candy. In your very own words:
"rock the hell on!"
Kelly

Emily Robinson
Police Constable

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You bet your bottom dollar we're all on for 2006. I miss all you guys already.

-Emily

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 714
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

GREAT PICS GIRLS!!!!
Just off to re read Mr Dillingers Story again!
Cheers
Suzi x

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 744
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Candy et al

Candy, or anyone else who attended, I wonder if you have any photographs of the convention itself that you would be willing to share? I am looking for some additional photographs to illustrate the convention report I have written for Ripperologist. If you could help, perhaps you could e-mail them to me at editorctrip@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Chris George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
editorctrip@yahoo.com.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.