Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through May 26, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Annual Conferences on Jack the Ripper » US RIPPER CONFERENCE 2006 » Archive through May 26, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant
Username: Needler

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, March 17, 2005 - 10:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First, I must insist that much credit be given to Stephen Ryder and Ally Reinecke, who have and continue to work VERY hard for these US conferences. As a result of their help, and a little (or a LOT) pushing from me, we are now set to announce the US Ripper Conference 2006.

The venue will again be Baltimore, Maryland (for a number of reasons we won't explore right now); HOWEVER, the Comfort Inn BWI has offered us a wonderful rate....the same, in fact, as the rate we paid in 2004; you can't beat THAT one, guys! Dates are 21-23 April 2006.

Messrs Alan Sharp and Donald Rumbelow have graciously agreed to speak to us, but we don't plan to stop there....no, indeed! These two distinguished authors are not the only surprises we will have for you. All is not set just yet, but stay tuned to this Bat channel for further information.

Meanwhile, check out the site that Stephen has kindly established for us....you can get all the poop there! we will be updating frequently, and hope you consider a weekend with us in Baltimore next spring. If you have any questions, PLEASE write and ask!

http://www.casebook.org/2006

Judy & Leroy Stock
Ripper 2006

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 237
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 12:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YES! Alright! We get Rumby and Sharp already, more to come. Count me in Judy. You guys did a great job last time, and the venue (the Comfort Inn BMI) did a good job for us. Damn, I wish it was THIS April. Ok gang, lets get behind this and make it rock! For those of you who have gone to RipCons in the past, you know how much fun it is, for those who havent... dont miss it! Brad

Kelly Robinson
Detective Sergeant
Username: Kelly

Post Number: 137
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Count me in again as well! I'm already excited and its a year away. The hotel should have the renovations completed -I believe the check-in computer was sitting on a tree stump last year, and the lobby decor was early milk crate.
Looking forward,
-K
"The past isn't over. It isn't even past."
William Faulkner

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 4:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kelly and Brad,

THANKS!!! I've had several enquiries from newbies already, and with these two authors alone AND you two, we are off to a great start. Hotel says NO MORE TREE STUMPS, so we may be safe from critters who inhabit trees ....we can only hope!! But really, the milk crate decor was interesting, if nothing else!!

Thanks for your responses......it's only a year and some to go....don't start packing, but keep your suitcases ready, OK?

Judy

Howard Brown
Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 276
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 6:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Judy..

I'll be there like Ric Flair...plus I hope to have the Case solved by then, so we won't have to listen to Sharpy talk too much..

I agree Brad...I wish it was this year too.

Judy....er...by the way,are any ladies from England coming over?
How Brown
JTRForums
www.jtrforums.co.uk

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 11:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard, since we announced the thing just three days ago, I don't have any reservations from ANYONE yet, but your guess is as good as mine as to British ladies being in attendance! Claudia Aliffe will be there, well and truly accompanied by Andy! Molly Rumbelow will be there with Don....so YES, British ladies will be there, but if you are asking after any UNattended ladies????? THAT I cannot answer.............sorry, kiddo.

J

Alan Sharp
Chief Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 795
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 6:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look here Mr Brown, I'll buy you that cheesesteak I promised you, they you can just sit in the back chomping away and be happy as a pig in mud. I'm still reeling from being called "distinguished"!

(ps. I doubt whether that certain lady from England will be coming, but I'll drop some broad hints if you like!)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" - Hunter S. Thompson (1939-2005)
Visit my website - http://www.ashbooks.co.uk/

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 277
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 8:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alan.....You can drop broad hints..but be sure you drop those hints to broads ! [Kierkegaard]

Thanks in advance to you,my man !!
How Brown
JTRForums
www.jtrforums.co.uk

Dan L. Hollifield
Sergeant
Username: Vila

Post Number: 39
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm in. I missed out on the '04 Con because of lack of funds. Well, things look better this year. I just got my yearly bonus check yesterday and paid big chunks of cash to my credit card accounts. ( My oven shorted out recently, and its going to cost extra to replace it, but that's figured in. The challenge left is to allocate enough funds to get the T-Mag on the road. I don't know how much it'll cost, but I'm about to find out this afternoon when I call the shop. Wish me luck. I'm hoping to hire a friend of mine to trailer the T-Mag the 35 miles from my house to the shop. He's got a trailer the right size, buy him a case of beer and a tank of gas, and he'll be willing. Still less than the cost of a flatbed wrecker truck. Around here, they charge $40 just to show up. Anything else costs extra. LOL! I'm hoping to keep the costs down, so I won't get the "ultimate" bike for a replacement engine. The future is uncertain, but inviting. With any amount of good luck at all, the T-Mag will be roadworthy long before the '06 Con.) Once I get everything sorted out, I'll be able to make reservations. Gimme a week or so to get bills paid off and get the shop looking for a new engine from a wrecked motorcycle. Then I'll know what's going to be left.
I'm looking forward to finally meeting the faces that go with the chatroom chatter, as well as everyone that doesn't frequent the chat. All-in-all, the next Baltimore Con soungs like a good excuse to engage in good fellowship and avoid sobriety. Sounds like a good deal to me! LOL!
Vila

Kelly Robinson
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 140
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 4:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I get to meet Howard Brown in person?! This year I'm bringing TWO bottles of Boodles.
-K
William Faulkner

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 279
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 6:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kel...

I'm hoping the same over here...to meet you and all the ladi...people involved in Ripperology.

I can only suggest that the womenfolk leave their menfolk at home. No need to have them henpecking youse [ you know how they are...can't leave you alone..]. Husbands and boyfriends,especially big strong boyfriends and husbands, can be a pain in the backside,can't they ? So leave 'em at home...you're all big girls ! We've got serious things to discuss....those significant others are just in our....your way !

All power to Womenfolk! Right On Sisters !

How Brown
JTRForums
www.jtrforums.co.uk

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4272
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 3:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Women, beware! A night out with Howard will prove that there's only one thing on his mind - visiting various doorways and writing graffiti of varying sizes and at varying heights.

His chat-up line is "The Juwes are not the men that will be blamed for nothing," and if he asks you for a date he's looking to hear the answer "September 30th 1888."

But if you do go, remember : a nice girl doesn't carry chalk.

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2216
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still steeling myself for Brighton here!!!!.....

Suzix

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 5:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Guys, I'm absolutely thrilled that everyone is so excited about the 2006 Ripper Conference! We try to present interesting and current ideas, along with the best speakers available, AND we encourage TALK........before and after sessions. So thanks for the encouragement; we appreciate knowing that you're still interested in the conferences.

Come on down, folks! We can hardly wait.......time is fleeting, and the schedule is being roughed out..keep checking the website for updates. http://www.casebook.org/2006

Thanks and cheers to all,

Leroy & Judy Stock
Ripper 2006

Rodney Gillis
Sergeant
Username: Srod

Post Number: 37
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 9:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not going to miss it. Last event I had to take licensing exams, but I'll be free this time. Bawlmer is my home town hon! I live in Vermont but I'll be coming home. As the late great Chuck Thompson used to say, "Ain't the beer cold!"

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Rodney........talk about a VERY small world...my kid lives in Vermont; can't wait to meet you and by all means, I hope you passed the exam and now you're fully licensed for whatever it is you wanted to be licensed for........how's THAT for really crappy grammar???

On to Baltimore........

Judy

Dan L. Hollifield
Sergeant
Username: Vila

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 1:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"...for that which you were being tested." ought to work well enough for an essay test.
Dan H.
:D

Rodney Gillis
Sergeant

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 9:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Judy,
Vermont is a small state (as well as a very cold one) so I'm sure I don't live far away from your son/daughter. I was taking recertification exams for my teaching license. I am a history teacher. I look forward to meeting you and you'll have to excuse me should I slip back into my Baltimoreese when I arrive. We Baltimorians (or is it Baltimorons) have a language all our own.
All the best hon. Go OOOOOOOO's!
Rod

Andrew Spallek
Chief Inspector
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 754
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds terrific and a very good rate! I'm going to try to make it next year!

Andy S.

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 20
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 1:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rod, Springfield VT is the the place.....exit 7, I-91.

And Andy, glad to hear it..the more the merrier, literally!|

Now for some more good news: Don Rumbelow will be joining us again, and this time speaking on I SPY BLUE and THE TRIPLE TREE, histories of the London City police, the courts, the jails and the hanging tree. As you all know, Don is an extremely good storyteller and historian; he speaks knowledgeably, AND he's a great guy, to boot!

It just doesn't get any better than this, folks.....we will have Alan Sharp, Don Rumbelow, and Andy & Claudia Aliffe will be with us, as well. We hope we can urge Andy into doing his Indoor Ripper Walking Tour.

AND, there are a few more really nice surprises I'm working on; will let you know as soon as I do!

http://www.casebook.org.2006

Judy

Rodney Gillis
Sergeant

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 9:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Judy,
I know Springfield very well. Parts of it are a little sad, a lot of industry has closed there. I bought a 1951 Buick in Springfield last October and (believe it or not) my son-in-law works at the tiny airport in Springfield. Lindbergh actually landed there once. You are right, it is a very small world! I suggest we have the 2008 conference in Vermont. We could get Ben & Jerry's to make a flavor to commemorate the event.

Rod

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, March 23, 2005 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds great, Rod, but it would MIGHT pose a problem or two...international airport, easy access to the rest of North America, AND affordable prices...........mmmmmmmm

Judy

Kelly Robinson
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 141
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rod,
...and what flavor might that be? Jack the Ripple?
-K
William Faulkner

Rodney Gillis
Sergeant

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 10:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's good Kelly! I was thinking about Gooey Graffito or Whitechapelote.

Rod

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1584
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 6:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bucks Row Fizz

29 (Hanberry Sweet)

Cachou n Grape

Juweberry Pie

Sweet Nothing

Bloody Mary

Vanilla's Court

Shock Ice

I Scream

A selection from Caz and Little Caz

Happy Easter!

Brad McGinnis
Inspector

Post Number: 240
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 7:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Kelly, since its in Baltimore again how could you pass up Peanutbutter Poe or Pinapple Painted lady? Brad

Kelly Robinson
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 142
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 8:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brad,
I'm desperately trying to think up a name that evokes the Dime Museum, but no ice cream flavor sounds right with "Abe Lincoln's turd".
-K
William Faulkner

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 287
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 8:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ripe Peach..made in Liverpool...big with the scousers...

Grape a la Packer...two bites and you'll change your story about anything

Nookies and Cream [Neil ]...must I give the visual?

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2044
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 8:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi How,
please refrain from giving the visual if its all the same!
Jenni

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1589
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 9:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Knickerbocker Gory

Rum n Raisin' Hell

Assorted Nuts

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1391
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 9:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all

Looking forward to seeing you here in Baltimore once again. It should be a great time. Since the American Dime Museum on Maryland Avenue has been mentioned, here is a view of the exterior that you might enjoy, plus a website with more on this Baltimore institution. If you want to risk a peek at Abraham Lincoln's turd it can be viewed on the website. Eeeeuw....

Dime Museum

http://www.tackytreasures.com/tackyhtml/places-dime.html

(Message edited by ChrisG on March 25, 2005)
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 358
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 7:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CTG,

Thank you for that link.. went down well with my dinner, I must say!

Sadly, I won't be able to make it to Baltimore for the 2006 conference. Seems like every year something comes up - April is a bad time of year for me to take off, as it coincides with my kids' month-long visit with me. Still.. one kid is now married off - just two to go and I should be able to make a conference (work permitting).
The first conf was an absolute blast, and I can only imagine that they get better each year. Have fun, guys, and don't forget to post pics - lots of pics.

Bestest,

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 9:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, Lyn..now that it's been 4,000 years since we last talked, how are you and the kids and Socorro and everything else???? PLEASE e and let me know, OK?

Judy

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 362
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 7:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Judy,

Yes, it has been a while! Have PM'd you all my news, so check your in-box.

Hugs,

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2230
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 8:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Baby!!!!!!

Looks fun!!!! Am back now having been in Wales for 4 days!!!!!!
Suzxxxxxxx

Brad McGinnis
Inspector

Post Number: 241
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 9:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kelly...Lime Lincoln Log sherbert?? President poo preline?

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 6:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard......note received, and you are all set for 2006! Many thanks; it's about time, especially considering you live a stone's throw from Baltimore!

Thanks again,

Judy

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 291
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 6:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Judy...

Thanks for the acknowledgement. Rarin' to go over here.

How

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2240
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lyn!
gosh pix eh??????
Will be snappy and keep you up to speed!! Great news about the job baby!!
Suzxxxxxxx

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 6:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, Guys......yet ANOTHER bit of good new for the 2006 Ripper Conference: Professor James E Starrs, author of A VOICE FOR THE DEAD, will be our keynote speaker. Check out his book on Amazon through the Casebook, so that Stephen gets a bit of the action. It really is a good read.

So far, everything is coming up roses for April 2006, and the weekend is shaping up to be a real winner.

Judy
Ripper 2006

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

More news from the 2006 home front: Dr James J Badal, author of THE BUTCHER OF KINGSBURY RUN, and the just-released, TWILIGHT OF INNOCENCE, will be joining us in April of 2006, as will representatives of Kent State Press, who will be launching Robin Odell's new book RIPPEROLOGY at the conference!

Not bad, huh???

More to follow...........

Judy
Ripper 2006

Kelly Robinson
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 144
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 3:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeez, Judy, I don't know if our old tickers can take it! Really, though, you guys are outdoing yourselves. I wish I were there already.
-K
William Faulkner

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It IS pretty amazing, isn't it, Kelly???? AND, we have yet another one or two surprises yet to come.....

Judy

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't figure out how to edit my post, so I will simply send my profound apologies to Jim Badal. The name of his book is IN THE WAKE OF THE BUTCHER, NOT as I originally said....obviously I had a major brain malfunction. Sorry, Jim!!

Judy

Candy Morgan
Police Constable
Username: Candy

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 8:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, goodness, Jack AND the Mad Butcher? You know, those bodies in that boxcar WERE found on the same line and in the same freight yards that my dear old dad worked.
Barring another bike wreck, I plan to be there with bells on.
Looking forward to seeing everybody again!
Phear my 1337 HTML skillz!
(does anybody know how to do italics in sig files?)

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 28
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Candy, avoid bikes AT ALL COSTS....this one will be too good to miss. And I have no clue how to italicise anything but my e-mail ...sorry!

Judy

Brad McGinnis
Inspector

Post Number: 245
Posted on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Candy! Good to hear from you again! You guys dumped the Honda? Hope you and Will are OK. Luv ya Brad.

Kelly Robinson
Inspector

Post Number: 157
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Candy! I'm glad to know you're alive! "Secret" awards ceremony in my room. Boodles provided.
Send me an e-mail!
-K
William Faulkner

Judith A. Stock
Sergeant

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 6:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, guys, hang on to your hats for this one...............

We are extremely pleased to announce that Mr Robin Odell, distinguished author and long time Ripper researcher, will be joining our stellar lineup of speakers at the 2006 US Ripper Conference in Baltimore. Mr Odell will speak on a subject of his choosing, and will be there when Kent State Press launches his new book, RIPPEROLOGY. Our sincere thanks to KSP and Susan Cash for bringing this together with such ease and aplomb.

YOU DARE NOT MISS THIS CONFERENCE!! It just doesn't get any better than this!

Regards and cheers to all,

Stephen and Judy
http://www.casebook.org/2006

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1493
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 9:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Judy

Great to know that Robin Odell will be at the Baltimore conference. I enjoyed hearing him speak at the Liverpool conference. Bravo.

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
See "Jack--The Musical" by Chris George & Erik Sitbon
The Drama of Jack the Ripper Weekend
Charlotte, NC, September 16-18, 2005
http://www.actorssceneunseen.com/ripper.asp

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.