Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through October 01, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Annual Conferences on Jack the Ripper » UK Conference October 2005 » Archive through October 01, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2862
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 6:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BLIMEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And..... I was working on a seriously POSH frock this time!!!!! Bugger!!!!!

OK then.......nice pinny each and stripped to the waist we'll sort out the soap problem!!!!!

LOL

Suz xxx

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 2342
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 6:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi,
re Banquet Attire...
...how about something black and slinky and a bit obsceney?

Nats

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2863
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right about that Palmolive!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suz x

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2864
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 6:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seconds Out!!!!!

Suz x

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2865
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 6:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats!

Bugger!!! Just got three of those delivered c/o ebay already!!!!!!!

Suz x

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2343
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 6:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Splendid Suzi!
Now all we need is to get a third volunteer and the three of us can sing a little number as "The Three Kinky Slinkies"!
Nite ,Nite Suzi-you have made my day!
Love
Nats
xxx[ps the pics are superb!]

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 848
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It better be better than that when I land on Omaha Beach,ladies..

I wanna see the White Cliffs of Cleavage,not Eadweard Muybridge's family outing at Islington on Henry The VIII day in 1820.

..otherwise these ragin' waves aren't the only things I'm gonna paddle...

The Vulgar Boatman...

John Savage
Inspector
Username: Johnsavage

Post Number: 463
Posted on Monday, August 22, 2005 - 8:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Howard,

Good luck with the swimming.
I am sure that somewhere about your person you have managed to carry a railway season ticket and a bankers cheque, for this devotion to original research I salute you sir.

May I suggest that when you reach the english channel you keep a look out for a white flashing light ( 2 every 10 seconds). This is the Eddystone Lighthouse and will keep you well away from any french beaches. It also means that Plymouth is only a few miles away, and you will be able to call in there for Robert's clotted cream.

Rgds
John

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2872
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 2:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops think my pix may have been removed!!!!!! Oh well!
Suz x

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2873
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 2:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have a look on Useless!!! 'eh??
Suz x

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 851
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 5:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear John...

I could have brought a ticket and letter couldn't I ? Even though this water is cold,in all honesty,that other thing should be done in November...

I didn't have any pockets in my trunks [ they're goners,Johnny ] and that left only one possible storage area....which is my own Area 51. Thats not an option,sor...

I'm getting close to England,I guess...Funny thing though..a couple of fishing boats passed me and I saw a group of men,all with epithantic folds on the bow of the boat....they seem to have the legendary charm and goodnaturedness of the U.K. as they were all laughing in my direction..not sure at what though...hmm...

I saw a flag on the boat. It had a big red dot on a white field...sort of like the flag of Ja...p...an......gulp !

Uh oh.....

John Savage
Inspector

Post Number: 464
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh dear Howard!

Such a shame you forgot the railway ticket, but I am sure customs and immigration will take a look at your passport when you arrive in Brighton, perhaps that may give us some clues.

Beware of any ships with folds in the bow (epithantic or otherwise), it's always a sign of bad seamanship in my experience.

Did you adjust your compass before setting out? Otherwise it could be that you are actually passing Japan, and I am not sure if Robert likes sushi.

You could always try a short cut via Bering Sea and Davis Straits, I have a friend in Greenland who may have a spare pair of trunks.

John

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4850
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 6:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, I don't like sushi. If you knew sushi like I know sushi....

Howard, as you will be passing Greenland, could you take some core samples from the ice? There may be some interesting data concerning volcanic eruptions to be gleaned.

Many thanks.

Robert

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 853
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 6:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear John-san

It rooks rike I made a wrong turn at Bermuda....

...some of the clew on the ship roaned me a pair of trunks and ret me bollow a compass. Now I'm on the right course. Thankfully,they also had a sumo wrestler's outfit aboard...not trunks,but it will do.

With any ruck,I should be there by October. Thanks a rot for suggesting your friend in Gleenland.

Wrong Way Corrigan

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2877
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 8:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Left hand down a bit old chap!!!!!

Ooooh eh!!
Suz

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2054
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi How,

All that water, and nary a drop to drink! Hope you remembered your hip flask. When you reach Brighton, if your sumo outfit hasn't lasted the trip, you'd better come ashore on the Nudists' Beach. Suzi will be waiting for you with a pair of binoculars and a smile.

Love,

Caz
X

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2347
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 1:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi-
re Rudi in the Nudi
don"t forget
get those wet fish ready Suzi!

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 858
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 7:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,Suzi,Nats..

I ain't landin' nowhere near a nude beach..I'd rather share my shortcomings in the dark and away from people who laugh at the slightest little thing...

..Hey!..I'm approaching land. Its says Fire Island Welcomes You.....there's about 50 or so guys on this beach [ must be a beef and beer or maybe a reunion...they look happy...they're dancing with each other...]. Is Fire Island a community in England?

By golly, I think I'll stop over for a while...

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2880
Posted on Thursday, August 25, 2005 - 6:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard
Think you'll find its just off the coast of the Isle of Wight...keep going!!!!!

Caz....Bins????

Nats......Fish???

Suzi x

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 865
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 10:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Suzi...

Sorry to reply so late to your directions...I couldn't take 'em but I got to England just the same.

Don't ask about Fire Island...that lot was a bit too friendly,if you get my drift..

...and speaking of drift, after I made it off that island, I drifted at sea for a while,and in fact grew a beard down to my knees.

I woke up floating down the Thames, as the current carried me in from the North Sea.. Well,actually some inebriated footballers woke me up. Ever get hit in the head with a can of Fosters beer?

The river police took me [ naked except for this Santa-like beard and thats it...] to the nearest police station ,which by luck was in the East End.

The police wanted to know what a middle aged man with a full length beard...no clothes or identification ...was doing floating down a river in Europe's biggest city.

I quickly used my wits and said..."Youse don't know who I am,do yez ?" The cops looked at each other and one offered.."A nut?" I then jumped up on top of a detective's desk and waving my hand in the air proclaimed ..." I...er..I am William Grant Grainger...a contemporaneous suspect in the ongoing Whitechapel Murders ! I've been robbed,smacked around,and had my clothes taken by women whom I can identify...I'm going to Brighton to confess to the crimes and finger the three women who left me dazed,naked,and confused....I demand to be taken to Brighton !"

Well...they bought it [ heh heh..]. Bright cops. They said that they were going to take me to this Collie Hatch or Colony Hut or something like that so I can be looked after. Ah..that British hospitality...maybe if I spend a week there or so,I can even find something on the menu to eat { I've heard about your food ]...So tell Nats and Caz that after a shave and a square meal, they're gonna drive me to Brighton.

See ya..

P.S. Whats a straight jacket? Is that evening wear over here? I have to get "fitted" tomorrow...

John Savage
Inspector

Post Number: 467
Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 7:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah Howard!

Congratulations on your safe arrival in dear old Blighty, an epic swim that deserves our admiration.

Good to know that those football fans gave you such a warm welcome, but a shame we cannot say the same for the police. You must remember that immigration is a bit of a “hot potato” over here at the moment, so arriving without any identification and a long beard is bound to arouse their curiosity. I suggest you rest up over the weekend at Colney Hatch and when you are ready, go for a stroll in the grounds, (which should be exquisite at this time of year) and when no one is looking get over the wall.

Once you have made good your escape it is only a short pleasant walk to the village of London Colney, where you could while away a little time at the Green Dragon whilst Nats and Caz have a square meal and a shave before they come to pick you up.

On your way down to Brighton, why not pick up some jellied eels for Robert; I am sure he would be delighted.

John

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 872
Posted on Saturday, August 27, 2005 - 7:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey John !

I almost got introduced to some jellied eels on that Fire Island that I didn't wanna see..so I'll stick to picking up the clotted cream R.C. asked for....if its all the same to you,old bean.

Well...I made maritime history for sure..I made a three hour plane trip [ next time I'll fly...] turn into a 26,000 mile watery nightmare....in other words, I wasn't jellin' like Magellan on this adventure.

...tell ya what though,buddy...Plankton ain't so bad after you get used to it.

I'm draggin' my wagon to the Green Dragon. Beers all around !

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 266
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dam How, you Philly guys always do things the hard way. Next time DRIVE to GB. There are 2 ways to do this. The first one is under water but ya gotta hold your breath along time. Leave the port of Philly and bear left towards NJ. When you see the cables on the ocean floor, take a right and follow them to the British Iles. If youre a smoker like me this wont work, so you gotta use the surface method. Take your vehicle to the local Sheetz or 711 and inflate all your tires to 6000 PSI. Then drive off the shore at Ocean city and head Northeast. When you hit Greenland take a louie and you land on GB. To be safe make sure you take at least 4 cases of beer to drink. It makes the trip more enjoyable, and if you get lost we can find you from the trail of beer cans floating in the ocean.
Oh, about the beer...pee out the window. Its not wise to open the door in the middle of the Atlantic.
All these tips and more can be found in my new book, "Driving the Atlantic" comming soon to a book seller near you. Regards and cheese steaks...Brad

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 877
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 7:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo Steel City Mac !

I thought about doing what you kindly suggested,buddy....the smoking underwater is what turned me against the idea.

Nah...next time,I'm gonna go like D'onston would have gone. Teleporting.

Oh,that guy could do anything and apparently with ease. All it took was a quick read of his little known and seldom read article for Popular Freeloader, "How To Get Two Medical Degrees...Change Into A Spider God..and Teleport..In 5 Easy Minutes."

Who needs 21st century scientific techniques,Brad,when all you have to do is click your heels,put on some Goth music,close your eyes,and voila ! You're there where you wanna be.

The only reason I didn't try it last time,opting for the Thor Heyerdahl method instead,was that I had tried it out before and amazingly wound up in Madame Blavatsky's boudoir in 1882 [ Yes..I went back in time. More on that later. ]. Helena was in an amorous mood...all Tree Hundred pounds of her...and in a hurry to get busy with the teachings of Kama Sutra on me. Needless to say,a quick click of the heels and I was outta there. That was a little too close for comfort.

But thanks for the advice.

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 878
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 8:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Quick question for Adam Wood..

Do you have the itinerary for the Conference available for perusal,sir?

If you do, could you give us an idea whom is discussing what here on the thread?

Thanks Adam..

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2897
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howard!!!!
You dont get em till you get there!!!!!!! Then the plan is usually go and 'relax' and peruse
Suzi

Jane Coram
Chief Inspector
Username: Jcoram

Post Number: 583
Posted on Friday, September 16, 2005 - 10:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't even know what time we're supposed to get there yet........anyone got any idea of when we are supposed to arrive?

Got a lovely dress for the banquet though.......hee hee......Cinderella eat your heart out.

Hugs Jane

xxxxx

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 456
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 12:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Janie,

Just show up. Timing is afterall a woman's prerogative - and wow them with that dress.

Most of all, have fun!

Lyn

"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 4023
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 8:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lyn,

Usually hotels have a certain check-in time, and so far we haven't been given any such kind of information. I am traveling from Somerset, so I do need to know which time is the earliest or latest I am allowed to check in. Nor do we know at which time the actual events start on Friday. I think we need to email Claudia about it.

All the best
G. Andersson, writer/historian

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1634
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 3:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Glenn and Jane

To answer your questions, Adam Wood informs me that check-in for the hotel is from 3:00 pm onward, with conference registration open from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Official opening of the conference by the Mayor of Lewes, the Mayor of Brighton, and Chris Coopey of Wynne Baxter solicitors will be at 7:00 pm.

All my best

Chris

(Message edited by chrisg on September 17, 2005)
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2955
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 5:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Chris!

I was planning to get there about 2 ish but aaaaaaagh!

S'pose we should all be told!!!!!! Am taking a sickie here to get there by two so it'd be good to know!!!!

Jane- Dress???? Hmmmmmmmmmmm heeeeeheeeeeeeee

Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2956
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 5:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooooo hoooooooooooo
A girl needs time to decide what to wear after all!!!!!!!
He he

Suz x

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 739
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 5:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Am gutted I won't be there on the Friday as I have to do one of my Ghost Tours, but I will try to travel down to Brighton straight afterwards so I can be as alert as possible for the Saturday. I probably won't get there until about midnight though.

I understand from Claudia that Friday will just be openings and ceremonies and the like and all the actual speakers will be over the weekend.

I am trying to acquire a cabbage costume studded with bling (a la Tumblety) for the banquet on Saturday night.

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

AWood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 6:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Claudia is holding back, Philip... there's an exclusive event happening on the Friday evening.... more on that later!

Adam

Steve Swift
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 8:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*cries* Nobody tells me anything around here :-(

Is this still on & if so are there any places left cus I'd love to hobble down to Brighton for this?

AWood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear all

Claudia and I have a last visit to the conference hotel on Monday, when we'll tie down the last remaining issues. After that we'll send each delegate an information pack containing the full itinerary and joining instructions.

For those who can't wait until this pack arrives, hotel check in is from 3pm, with conference registration from 2-5pm. The event will be officially opened at 7pm by the Mayor of Brighton, the Mayor of Lewes and Chris Coopey of our sponsors, Wynne Baxter solicitors.

So get to the hotel, check in, grab a drink and let your hair down!

Looking forward to seeing you in 3 weeks' time.

Adam

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 4024
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 6:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Chris and Adam!

Steve,
Oh yes, the event is very much on, and last I heard there were a couple of places left. Check out the website www.ripperconference.com and mail Claudia or Adam.

All the best
G. Andersson, writer/historian

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 463
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 11:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just wishing Dan and I could be there. But we can't. The phone bill alone will be a month's worth of overtime, and his time off schedule is sorta iffy. Guess we'll see you in Baltimore, tho'!

Hey, have fun, y'all!

2 pieces,

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 464
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

.. After having read back through the posts on this thread. Howie, you perv! And Nats, I'm seriously wondering about you too.. Suz; already knew.

Hey, just have fun, okay! Dan and I would love to be there, but his work schedule and all that.. plus it coincides with our honeymoon.. Heck, just know we'd love to be there!

'nuff said, methinks,

2 pieces

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2959
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 9:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

2 pieces baby!!!!!!!!!!!! Will be there at 2 ish I reckon.IF I can raise myself from my bed of pain c/o the sickie!!!!!

Looking forward to it Adam....Mines a Vodka Tonic!!! he He

Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2960
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 9:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Philip-
Midnight!!!!??? for god's sake man thats starting time!!!!!!

You've got to be alert....Brighton needs Lerts!!!
Old one but still makes me :-)

Suz

Claudia Oliver
Sergeant
Username: Liverpool2003

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 8:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to let everyone know who is not booked up for this conference that we do still have just a few places left and there is still time to register for this conference.

So don't miss out, come and join us in Brighton for lots of fun, frolics and Ripper related events.

Yours,

Claudia Aliffe,
Conference Administrator

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2969
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blimey Claudia!!!!

DONT encourage em!!!!!!

Ok when we going to get the fun packs?? ? LOL

Suzi
x

Claudia Oliver
Sergeant
Username: Liverpool2003

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 5:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear all,

I have been notified by the hotel that the last date for alterations etc to current and new bookings is Monday 3rd October, so anyone who is still thinking of coming - you need to make up your minds quickly or you're going to miss out! The following people have had their Saturday night banquet menus chosen for them because the hotel cannot wait anymore!

John and Ann Leighton
Dave Froggatt
Sue Hanney

Sorry to post here, it's not a name and shame but I've tried every other method!

Thanks all! Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend!

Regards,

Claudia Aliffe

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5090
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 7:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi, you're getting the sardines on toast.

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2999
Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 7:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dids'll like that!!!!! Claudia- Have left a message on ya phone cant understand why I havent got the emails!!!!! Oh well live dangerously eh!!!! Give us a clue!!!!

Cheers
Suzi

Eddie Derrico
Sergeant
Username: Eddie

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 9:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Our Son wanted to go the Baltimore Convention last year, buy he had ice hockey games in Connecticut that weekend. This year, we will be close to home and only an hour from Baltimore. Is this Conference opened to the public? We would love to make it between games, just to see some of the Stuff that will be displayed.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Judith A. Stock
Detective Sergeant
Username: Needler

Post Number: 52
Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Eddie,

The conference in April 2006 in Baltimore is NOT open to the public; we try to limit public contact as the subject matter might be distressing to those who are unprepared or are expecting something quite different. In addition, the sessions take up most of the time we have, which is not a great deal. The only time we aren't in session is during the breaks, morning and afternoon, and after the Friday and Saturday night dinners. As there aren't really "exhibits" to be perused, you probably wouldn't find much of interest. The only thing you might want to look over would be the book room, but that's only open when the sessions aren't going on. The only suggestion I have is that you consider a "conference only" registration which would allow you to attend any or all the sessions, enter the book room, meet the authors and take part in discussions, but would NOT cover any meals or breaks. That fee is $100 and would cover the entire weekend. If you have any interest in that, please e-mail me and let me know. That way we can prepare identification for you which will allow you entry. Wish I could be of more help, but due to the subject matter, we really must limit attendance to those who have signed up to participate.

My e-mail address, in case you're interested, is needler@ntelos.net .

Thanks for your interest in the Baltimore conference, and by the way, there is another message board just for that one.

Regards,

Judith Stock
Ripper Conference 2006
http://www.casebook.org/2006

Eddie Derrico
Sergeant
Username: Eddie

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Judith,

I Thank You for the info. We'll have to try another time because we will be in a tournament , and sometimes have to play 2 games in one day, meaning a quick drive to the Convention for a half hour look and right back to the rink. One year, we'll get there though.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Judith A. Stock
Detective Sergeant
Username: Needler

Post Number: 53
Posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eddie,

You're more than welcome to join us any year, and we'd love to have you. Keep checking the Casebook, and you can find everything about us!

Thanks for your interest,

Judy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.