Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through September 23, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Surely a explanation » Archive through September 23, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 3:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Proberly there is a very simple explanation for this , however it is strange nevertheless.
Last evening whilst using the site about 930pm , all of a sudden two or three screams came out of my speakers, in a womans voice, completely out of the blue, they were a strange sound, but definately a womans crys.
My first reaction , and proberly the true meaning was that the site is now creating sound effects, if this is the case, and it was heard by others can you confirm this.
I am mentioning this also as a few nights ago i had a dream in which i was talking to mjk , and i asked her to tell me what happened to her, and she said i will soon.
I am not going mad, i do not make a habit of having dreams about the murders, this is only the second that i can remember in forty years, the other was 30 years ago, when i experienced similar what Mrs Prater did with Diddles[ walking across her neck] at exactly the same time of the morning.
But thats a different story. What i would like to know is 'why the ladies screams should come out of my speakers for absolutely no reason, unless someone out there in Casebook land can confirm a reason.
Regards Richard,

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 4:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,

I don't know whats going on there man, I'm sure you aren't cracking up.

Are you sure it wasn't someone in your street screaming or something??

Just trying to think of some kind of explanation!

Jenni
???????
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Simon Owen
Inspector
Username: Simonowen

Post Number: 164
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 6:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a dream about the Mary Kelly murder once , I was walking down Crispin Street and turned into Dorset Street from the west , then I went into a barn and the barn doors closed behind me , then I was told that Kelly had been murdered. The closed doors prevented me seeing who did it.

Dream analysis anyone ?

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 922
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 8:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard

Thanks for alerting us to this. I don't have an explanation for the screams you heard, apparently coming from this site about 9:30 pm last night, but a couple of thoughts occur to me. First, possibly a hacker or prankster might have been able to place such sounds on the site. Second, perhaps the screams were actually coming from a pop-up ad not the site itself. In any case, Stephen Ryder might be able to come up with an explanation. I would advise you to notify him about this if you have not already done so.

All my best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1061
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
People on this site no full well that i am a true enthusiast that would never claim false occurances, infact I am usually in the front rank to suspect possible hoaxers.
So to start with you have my word that such a occurence happened.
I was hopeing for a explanation, but i suspect there will not be one, for what i failed to mention, was that the first noise i heard, was a cats me-ow, followed by two possibly three distinctive short burst screams.
I should add that the cats cry, was distinctive, and while i was pondering on that, the female voíce started.
I Need not remind everbody that Mrs Prater claimed Diddles her cat awoke her by walking over her neck. and then she heard the cries of a woman close by.
This has put the jitters in me, because how can it be explained , i can understand that a hacker may be able to enter a site, and pop up adds may create sound , but a cats cries , followed by a womans screams surely not.
I mentioned that thirty years ago i had a experience involving a cat or some animal walking across my neck, this was when semi awake at 345-400am, this was strange because any research i had done at that period was not involving mrs praters account, and even stranger that the night before i privately asked Mjk, for a clue , proberly under the influence of beer.
So it is really strange as mentioned that a few nights ago i actually dreamed of talking to Mjk,who said she would tell me soon.
I Know i am of sound mind, and believe you me i am beginning to believe[ unless a explanation is given] that i experienced some pyschic message, which if so [ and a big if] would alter my whole attitude to this case, maxwells statement i would dismiss, Barnetts involvement i would dismiss.
I will save more to future postings, however i would now tend to believe that kelly went back out on the streets between 300am + and was then that she met her killer, and i would dismiss Mr Astracan and Hutchinson in any involvement, i believeShe was killed whilst in the process of nearly completing undressing around 4am.
A weird tale , strange but true..
Regards Richard.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 3037
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 4:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, Richard, I believe you're not pulling our legs.

I have an open mind re psychic phenomena etc.

So, if you are having "experiences" then I say : go for it. Try to make them happen. Keep thinking about Kelly et al.

If you do end up with some sort of message, that you believe is authentic, then you'll feel that you've learned something.

However, as I'm sure you'll understand, such personal communications cannot convince others of the truth of the messages.

Robert

Simon Owen
Inspector
Username: Simonowen

Post Number: 166
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 5:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard , I've also experienced strange phenomena - my microwave oven blew up and began billowing with smoke at the exact time that Princess Diana was killed in 1997 ! And I have a witness to this.

I didn't think much of Di when she was alive , so I'm surprised this happened to me !

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 6:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,I had an experience that was strange.It was the day of my paternal grandmothers funeral.I had just got in and when I went into the back room the cat was tearing around in a state of excitement.Suddenly she banged straight in an old china plant pot that contained my grandmothers Aspidistra.the pot broke into bits.It was really old and had been passed down to her.
There was nothing else happened and maybe the cat had picked up some distress from me or something but it was weird.
Natalie

Howard Brown
Detective Sergeant
Username: Howard

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 7:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mr.Nunweek...
What may have happened was an electrical anomaly. Your speakers may have picked up reception from some other source and the sound came out of your speakers....or,it could be one of those bizarre incidents that DO happen to people in our lives....
Once,my ex-wife was in the shower and I was ready to walk up the street to see my late Mom,who lived alone, not far from my house...Suddenly,my ex-wife flies out of the shower,eyes bulging,indifferent to the water she was leaving all over the floor,and in a panic told me I "had" to go at that moment to see my Mom,as she had this terrible flash go through her head that something was wrong with her...I told the wife that she was getting a little "carried away", and that I was just then going off to see her....When I got to my Mom's no more than 3 minutes later,I found her with her head facing the ceiling,sitting in her chair with a lit cigarette,as she had suffered a brain aneurysm probably while I was just leaving my house !!!Her cockatiel flying around like a maniac,soup on the stove that had just started to boil,and a telephone in her hand,most likely calling me up to see who would babysit my daughter the next day....she died 58 days later.
Perhaps your computer and stereo are plugged into the same wall outlet...Hey,who knows?
Spooky stuff,ain't it?

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 4:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,
thats all to strange for me. I hope there is a more earthly explanation for what you have experienced!

Spooky -

Cheers
Jenni
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 926
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 8:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Richard et al.

Certainly there are strange things that happen. I am about to lead a War of 1812 tour round the Baltimore area tomorrow morning, if the remnants of hurricane Ivan do not wash it out. The last one I gave, just over a year ago, I rode around the sites with an Englishman named Robert who was taking the tour for a class on the war and we used his car. I have not seen him for a year, but last evening as I was arriving home, he walked down the street nearby as I was parking my car -- he lives nearby. Wierd to suddenly see him after 14 months. I thought of asking him if he wanted to do the tour again using his automobile since I am going to hire a car (my wife and I only have one car) but I thought that was a bit cheeky and he might not want to do it again anyway. Hardly on a par with your MJK dream and the sounds you heard, but still, strange how coincidences occur.

All the best

Chris

(Message edited by chrisg on September 17, 2004)
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard and All,you are going to love this one Richard[and maybe Chris who harks from the same region.My Nan used to "dream" who the winner of the Grand National was.My Mum and Dad used to tell her it was coincidence.I think they changed their minds when she grew in confidence over her "dreams" and placed a huge bet on Red Rum[wasnt he a brilliant horse?]and won such a packet that she treated us all-bless her.
Natalie

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 930
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Natalie

Thanks for that Liverpool tale about your Nan dreaming that she knew the winner of the Grand National. laugh There must be something about Nan's. . . My grandfather went to Canada from Liverpool in 1912 and was gone several years. When he returned by steamer, his grandmother was on the landing stage at the Pier Head waiting for him . . . though he had not told anyone when he was coming back or which ship he would be on.

All the best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 4:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Everybody has these moments, but What happened a couple of nights ago is uncanny, it would appear unless a more credible explanation that i was hearing the moment of kellys death, complete with diddles involvement, but a rational person such as myself [ hopefully] find that hard to comprehend. But what can i believe.....
Richard.

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1154
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 4:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is astonishing Chris.Quite a romantic tale that too!
Well Richard we are all agog here.You had better get the board out and start listening for the taps!Hey don"t let that pass-you might make millions from it...WOW !!!

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3042
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 4:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard

If it's worrying you, email Glenn. He's no stranger to this sort of thing.

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1291
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 6:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard!
Fascinating!!! and certainly interesting!!! Keep us all informed though wont you? I as others on this thread have had some seriously 'weird' experiences but your one is most ceratinly weirder than most!

Watching (or listening !) to this space!!

Cheers
suzi

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 4:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,
I will not call the ghost busters out yet, the trouble is if i have weird happenings every thirty years i shall be 87 next time.
Richard.

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 4:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
At exactly 9.41PM, I heard the sound of a womans scream through my speakers, either someone is having a laugh at my expense, or something strange is occuring.
This was simply a very simple short burst, that sounded distant and very short lived, whilst i am posting this another scream has just occured identical to the first.
I must therfore concurr that somebody out there in computerland is having some fun, or at the very extreme this is a strong message from the unknown.
Creepy but surely a explanation.
Richard.

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 5:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard
I sincerely hope that this isn't some sort of 'joke'!!! I would be very sad if it was... because of course we're all capable of having a 'laugh' but.....not to date 'audibly!' Seriously though if someone out there is having what passes for a laugh...DON'T!!!
Ther's enough to deal with here (POST VAL!!!!!) as it is!!!!!!

Take care Richard!!!
Suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3049
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard, was this the same time that it happened a couple of nights ago? if so, tape it on a recorder if it happens again.

Robert

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1069
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 2:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,
I can not be certain of the time of the original, although it must have been a similar time,
Good point about a recording.
I am not a expert on hacking, but would it be possible to target just one person privately and for that person only to hear the relevant message.?.
Richard.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3050
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 6:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard

i know very little about all this technical stuff, but I've never heard of a hacker sending someone a message through his speakers.

If it was a ghost, then why on earth should a ghost only speak to someone through his computer speakers?

Maybe it's some kind of computer malfunction. The acid test would be if you still heard it with the speakers unplugged.

Robert

steve tavani
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2004 - 6:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No odd sounds on my puter, but I too had a MJK dream. In mine, I had an opportunity to peer through her window at what I presumed to be the time of her murder. Interestingly, though I would love to know who committed the series, when I had a chance to peer into her room, I was too frightened. I woke up in a cold sweat.

stevetavani
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 5:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,

I bet it is the result of some form of spy ware or data mining computer intrusion. Perhaps you could download a program that will remove such pests.

CB
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard,

Interesting story. Are you perhapes related to Mary Kelly in any way? I am opened minded to such events. Bonds between family can be strong.

Hi Chris,

Interesting web site about the war of 1812. Are you and Stephen running that site as well? I just saw an intereting documentary on the History channel [I believe.] about the war of 1812.

Take care,CB

Harry Mann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 4:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,
I can tell you now what Kelly will tell you on her next visitation.She will say that after Mr Astrakan left,she again went on the street and met her ex companion,Joe Barnett.That she takes him to her room,and realises too late that he is going to kill her.She tries to alert residents of the court of who is trying to kill her by shouting "Joe-murder",but those who hear her interpret the shouts as "Oh-Murder",they being half asleep.Now her spirit will not rest untill the truth is known.She is confiding in you as you believe already that Barnett was responsible.
Nice try Richard.We have had one story from beyond the grave,i.e.Maybrick with the diary and watch.That has it's believers.Now your visitations which no doubt will draw the converts.
Together with the people who can perform amazing feats of memory recall this is truly a site for magic and imagination.I love it.I believe that in the near future I must become a member.

Harry Mann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 4:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you experience the man with the astrakan collar,ask him to open his mouth.You may see the two fangs that Hutchinson was not able to see.Also ask him if he comes from Transylvania,it would explain the foreign look.

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 4:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Harry!
That was I feel all a tad unnecessary!
Richard has no doubt had some sort of experience...whether it be from some mindless hacker or from the other side......who knows but the effect's the same!
I think you'll find that however bizarre the circumstance that when push comes to shove that we will actually rally the ranks and stick by eachother(maybe sort it all out later) but will support eachother until 'proved' otherwise
Cheers

Suzi

Cheers

Suzi

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1157
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 4:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh I dont know Suzi.There are one or two threads that are mostly taken up with disputatious stuff.
I think that if someone decides you are talking complete b*ll*cks they"re entitled to say so without fearing the serried ranks closing in on them menacingly!
I have a lot of trouble myself believing in ghosts or other supernatural phenomina though I think there may be forms of telepathy, sixth sense[like animals have] or even premonitions that have something to do with our lack of knowledge
about how time works or is perceived and that science has not yet explained for us.
As far as Richards experience goes well it could be due to many things-most probably some computer virus.
Best Nats

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 5:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Harry,
Just two words will answer your post, B-ll S--T, if you decide to join our ranks, you may after years of posts be intitled to voice a opinion.
I have been researching 'jACK' for the best part of forty years, and i am a true enthusiast, and i would never repeat, ever make up any point to gain give myself credibility, that you have my sincere word on.
What i experienced is a true and sincere account.
Regards Richard.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3057
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2004 - 5:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard, I know if you put a battery-operated phone next to a speaker you can get a buzzing sound. Have you got anything electrical going on near the speakers?

Robert

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 2:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,
The only thing i have near my speakers is the computer a notepad and pens.
Richard.

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 2:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Harry.
After a nights sleep. i feel i may have been a bit heavy on your post, of course you have the right to form an opinion, the reason i responded sharply is i dont like my integriety being disputed, and your post was shall we say rather mickey-taking.
Richard.

Scott Suttar
Inspector
Username: Scotty

Post Number: 163
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 3:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all, Richard.

Richard I think for the first time I can conclusively say we are on the same wavelength. (Just re-read that, no pun intended.) Twenty odd years ago I heard a scream, a bloodcurdling woman's scream come from the speakers on my parents old stereo. As fate had it I was recording music off the radio at the time, the scream did not appear on my recording. I investigated all possibilities for where the scream might have come from other than the stereo, I could find no source for it. To this day I still believe that was where the scream came from, but I can't prove it.

Harry, a little careful analysis of Richard, his views regarding JtR, and his posts on this thread would show that far from his experiences backing up his theories regarding Barnett, he had at least moments where he is reconsidering his beliefs. Regular contributors would consider Richard among the most passionate proponants of the Barnett theory. For Richard to be reconsidering his whole theory which he has spent many years researching speaks volumes that this was a real experience. I'm the first one to question Richard on his theories, but the evidence suggests that on this occasion we should take him at his word.

Let us know if it continues Richard.
Scotty.

Nina Thomas
Sergeant
Username: Nina

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 4:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard,

Maybe this could help.

I found this posted on a web site:
The computers in the office seem to have developed a heart beat which lasts about 30 seconds and then a woman screams.
Does anyone know if there is a virus that does this, or is someone just having a laugh

This was the reply:
There are viruses and Trojan’s which can do all kinds of audio hijinks.
Have your computer scanned with an antivirus program first and see if it stops.
If that doesn't work, your best bet would be to go to our Hijack This Forum and post a log from one of the infected computers.
http://www.computercops.biz/forum67.html

Nina

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1074
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 4:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
A twofold post.
Firstly Scott, thanks for you trust, it is assuring as correctly stated unless i receive some kind of modern day explanation why i heard these sounds, especially as i had a dream that kelly would tell me soon, hopefully people on these boards would sway to the opinion that i told the situation as it happened.
You are absolutely correct in saying I have a open mind, my goal in the last 40 years or so has been to determine the truth, in the last few years i have swayed towards Barnett [ big time]
however that does not make me right..
This recent experience has put a different complex on things, it has altered my wavelength to a degree, however i should add that if this occurence was proven to be a electrical happening which is explanable through computer functioning, then my attitude would not have changed.
Nina,
Thanks for the enlightenment about computer viruses, i being in the middle to late 50s bracket find it a bit baffling, however that may offer a possible solution , however to hear a cats MEOW, followed by a womans scream two or three times , is one hell of a clever virus.
Best regards and thanks
Richard.

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1162
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard,Please dont think that I doubt your honesty and integrity.I have enjoyed so many of your posts and agree that your knowledge of the case is astonishing.All I meant was that its important for others to be able to feel they can challenge posts they find hard to relate to or accept and in this instance Harry was also having a go at me too and suggesting that I was pretending to have a magical memory when I said that I had a photographic memory which is true.I take a kind of "snapshot" when I see something I want to remember and am able to "resee" it for quite some time afterwards.So that was why I said I could accept Hutchinson"s detailed description.
My memory has always been like this--I havent "trained"it particularly-so why couldn"t he have had a similar type of memory and been capable of such recall four days later? But if Harry thinks I"m talking b*ll*cks----well tough
Its OK,he"s entitled to state his opinion in my view.
With regard to you believing you have had some sort of contact with Mary Kelly well I am sorry to have to admit to being a sceptic about the actual sounds you heard being likely to have been the ghostly utterings of Ms. Kelly and the cat upstairs on November 9th 1888.But then I do get moved by the old buildings of Whitechapel and think about the stories that say Christchurch, Spitalfields could tell or the London Hospital and the ancient passageway opposite[Woods Buildings] and there are lots of buildings in London like this that sort of "speak" to you----if you want to listen.
Cheers Natalie

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 188
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard, I suggest you go to SpyBot S&D and Adaware sites. Both are excellent free downloads that will rid your computer of data miners and other unwanted junk so you can eliminate that as the source of the sound. Good luck! Brad

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1301
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 8:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good luck Richard!
Anything else happened??
I have a dark eerie growl thats started coming from my monitor after I switch on and before I log on!!! NO HONEST!...God! whats happenning!!!! prob a load of B**L***s tho!

best
Suzi

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 1311
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've only just read this thread. Spooky stuff. I had a dream about Mary too, although this was before I took an interest in the case and so before I had heard of her. I know the dream was about her because in my dream I was in a small room and on a bed in front of me I saw a mutilated body. It scared me so much that it took me forever to get back to sleep that night. It stayed in my head but I eventually forgot about it until I took an interest in the case and saw the photo of Mary's mutilated body on her bed. It was exactly the same and it scared me so much. It doesn't really scare me now but i'm still a little confused by it.

Richard,

Both times the screams happened, were you on this site?

Sarah
Smile and the world will wonder what you've been up to
Smile too much and the world will guess

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi sarah,
Both times the screams happened I was on the site, at aprox the same time .
I am a level headed person, and to pinpoint a cats cry, followed by one or to screams was not my imagination.
This actually happened, it is worth remembering that both times i have had strange happenings in thirty years it has been kelly related, the first time was in 74 when after several months in Newspaper research, i privately asked for a sign[ not normal but i did] the very same night i experienced the very same experience that Mrs Prater felt at exactly the same time ie the animal [ a cat] walking across her neck.
I have had no experiences since that dream a week ago, when i encounted kelly[ no description was recalled] when in that dream i asked for a account what had happened to her , and she said 'I Will tell you soon'
Then two nights later , whilst visiting our famous site, a experience i cannot explain ocurred which i should point out confunded me, and I am still confunded exspecially as it occurred again, this time without the cats noise.
Richard.

Jack the Reaper
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,

That is a strange phenominon.
I once had an experience, a stranger one than yours. I was playing a card game that lets one talk to sperets. I, belived or not, happend to talk to dear jtr himself. The next day all the cards was riped in half.
More strang, the last question it asked jtr was will you hurt me? jtr's response, yes. I've been waking up with a new ingery certen days now. This morning there was some skin aperently scraped of of my arm and last week there was a half-circel shaped cut on my leg. And other nights I suddenly get bad cases of addrenelin and jump off of my loft.

I can only thin of two reasons for your experince.
1. your speekers are broken or
2. you and/or the casebook is is hunted by one of more ripper victom.

hope this helps.

Jack the Reaper

Harry Mann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 4:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,
Alright let's be serious.You are a Barnett fan,and you are entitled to your beliefs.You have done no worse than any other theorist,but you have not yet,by any stretch of the imagination ,made a good case against your suspect.You can not put him at the scene of a crime,and certainly not in Kelly's room at her time of death.Not ,that is,by the information to hand.
Dreams may be induced by the sub concious desire to succeed,in your case at least,and no harm there.However,you will certainly have difficulty in convincing a sceptic audience that the Kelly murder will be solved by the victim herself,no matter the means.
I have been posting for a number of years,and i accept any criticism that I should enrol,as fair.

CB
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 9:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard,

I am not sure did your dream occure befeor you heard the screams or after? If your dream happend after you head the screams then the dream is probably a direct result of the screams. You may of had Kelly and the screams on your mind when you went to sleep causing you to dream about her. If your dream happend before you heard the screams then that is a whole diffrent ball game because by your own admision you do not dream about the case a lot. I find it interesting that you have only had one prior dream about the case. I would think it would be common for someone who has studied the case as long as you have would of had more then one dream. I have only been looking into the case for a year and I have already had a few dreams about the case but I scare easy. Sometimes when I walk down to my mailboxes at night I get a earie feeling and I look over my shoulder. I have only had a computer for a little over a year so I am no expert about such matters but there is probably an expplanation for the screams. I always like to keep an open mind and I think we all would like to have an experience like yours no matter how spooky it may be. We all want to know what really happend and who the ripper was. We all would like to be visited by the spirit of one of the victims or one of the detectives.

Sarah,

Your dream is interesing since it took place before you took an interest in the case.

Take care,CB

Harry Mann
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 5:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard ,Natalie,
There is nothing personel in what I say about you.You post in a public place so sometimes expect that people will attack you for the things you claim.I expect to be derided if I claim exceptional powers.Doesn't worry me.I wouldn't post if it did.Natalie,I side you in your description of 1888 Victorian Whitechapel,and Richard I think you make a good point about the kittens behaviour.It says a lot.It has been overlooked.Think about it enough and one very important point emerges,but I'll leave that to the appropriate board.

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1078
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 3:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi CB,
I had the dream about talking to kelly a couple of nights before i experienced the sounds, so the sounds came after the dream.
I am now coming to the conclusion that there must be a more electronic explanation. last night whilst visiting the site, i heard a horses neigh, just a short burst, and a couple of minutes later a sound of a bird twittering , like one heards at dawn.
What in tarnation has that got to do with the case in question, apart from prater claiming she saw men harnesing horses in dorset street, and birds do sound off at around dawn.
so what has amassed to date.
A cats Me-ow.
Two or three womans cries.
Two more womans crys.
A horses neigh.
A twittering bird.
I dread answering the door incase there are two men in white coats standing there....
Regards Richard.

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 1457
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 3:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Rich,

It sounds like someone installed an incoming message alert on your computer. Either that or your next-door-neighbour bought a farm!

Next time you hear a noise, check to see if you get a brand new email.

LEANNE

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 1458
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 3:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

I used to get a male voice saying: "McFLY!!!!! YOU'VE GOT MAIL!" and my boyfriend has the sound of a bomb dropping from the sky.

His mother gets a little, barking puppy running across the screen with a letter in it's mouth.

LEANNE

(Message edited by Leanne on September 23, 2004)

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 3:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Leanne,
My computer is free from virus, also it is certainly not a new message notification.
What it is is a mystery...
Richard.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.