Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through May 17, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » New Evidence- A Must See » Archive through May 17, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

C.A.Waldron
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to set a challenge to any so called “Ripperologist” out there who doubts that Patricia Cornwell was correct in her opinion that Walter Richard Sickert was in fact Jack the Ripper. Why else would so many of the victims, murder scenes and Jack the Ripper himself appear in several of the artist’s most famous portraits. To give an example of this, let’s take a look at Ennui. Before doing so please arm yourself with a magnifying glass and a copy of Cornwell’s book- “Jack The Ripper- Portrait Of A Killer- Case Closed”.

Step 1- Turn to the page which presents a photographic picture of the painting 'Ennui'.

Step 2- Turn the book upside down.

Step 3- With your magnifying glass concentrate on the area within the man’s left sleeve/cuff. (Hide/mask the man’s fingers if you can). Behold! Jack the Ripper- complete with top hat. An arm is outstretched upwards from the hat and has what appears to be a knife in it’s hand. Immediately look to the right and a female face appears on the bed with pillows.

If you can’t obtain a copy of the book, I have attached a lesser detailed image.
Ripper and Bed

If you have managed to identify the above image and that of Jack the Ripper, then why not try to see this scene:

Step 1- Turn the book back to it’s original position.

Step 2- Mask off/hide the top half of the picture if possible.

Step 3- Look to the left and upwards of the glass. There is what appears to be the outline of a severed breast on a table (The corner of the table and it’s leg are parallel to the glass). The breast itself is seeping blood downwards. Could this image be connected to the death of Mary Kelly?

Breast on Table

The breast itself forms part of a bigger image which is hidden within the shading close-by and is without doubt related to the death of Catherine Eddows.

In conclusion, can I ask why so many murder scenes are incoporated within another portrait, by Sickert: “Putana a Casa” which is owned by the acclaimed author, Patricia Cornwell? Additionally, in loose Latin terms ‘Ennui’ not only means ‘boredom’ but it also means: ‘I hate, I dislike’. Sickert himself, hated and disliked women and his secrets have remained hidden within in his paintings for well over a century. Isn’t about time his darkest secret was revealed to the world and the case was finally closed?

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1108
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 2:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So this is called 'new evidence' ?

I call this work quisquiliae.

Monty
:-)

Viper...forgive them for they.....

CB
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi CA,

Be prepared. If you post it they will come. I will try and do what you suggest. I did buy Cornwells book.

All the best,CB

Dan Norder
Detective Sergeant
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 88
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know whether this person is pulling our legs or if he flunked his Rorschach inkblot test.

I haven't seen anything in any Sickert painting that looks like anything more than an accidental similarity to anything involving the Ripper case. If you squint really hard and try to convince yourself there's something there you can convince yourself of any similarities you want. The graphics above could just as easily (and as incorrectly) be interpreted as various flavors of ice cream, this predicting the success of Baskin and Robbins 32 flavors.

Mmmm, ice cream.

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

Sarah Long
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan,

The thing that gets me is that these people still continue to insist that Sickert drew Ripper victims, but none of his paintings actually show a mutilated victim of Jack's at all.

Also, even when someone suggests that a painting resembles that of a Ripper victim, it is always in the state they were in once the Ripper had finished and shows us nothing new.

I'm sorry C.A, but please try to understand that even if he did paint portraits of the victims, that shows that that he may have had an obsession with Jack, but does not prove anything. I still don't see any victims in his paintings at all anyway. Patricia Cornwall is just trying hardest to see things that aren't there.

Besides, Sickert was in France at the time.

Also, the thing above that you say looks like a breast, looks like a lamp shade to me. It's up to how the individual interprets it.

Sarah

(Message edited by sarah on May 13, 2004)
Smile and the world will wonder what you've been up to
Smile too much and the world will guess

jrients
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I call this work quisquiliae.

Well, if nothing else, this thread has expanded my vocabulary.

Looking at vague blobs in paintings does not seem like any sort of rational evidence to me. For an encore you might as well demonstrated that coded messages appear in Hamlet "proving" that Bacon wrote the play. Or you could identify vague blobs on the Zapruder film as clones of Lee Harvey Oswald, obviously grown in a vat by the CIA.

This sort of "evidence" is so obviously open to interpretation that it falls right into the same dustbin as Stephen Knight's claims that "Juwes" refers to Freemasonry.

Finally, what's this business about a top hat? I'm fairly new to the Ripper scene and am not familiar with every eyewitness description of possible suspects. For some reason I was under the impression that JtR possibly wore a bowler or a deerstalker or a peaked sailor's hat, but I don't recall a tophat coming up. Are there credible witnesses that saw a man in a top hat?

Alan Sharp
Chief Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 594
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The words "barrel", "bottom" and "scraping the" come to mind.

Kelly Robinson
Sergeant
Username: Kelly

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was confused myself about tophat= Jack. Where'd that come from?
Kelly
"The past isn't over. It isn't even past."
William Faulkner

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2432
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you stare really hard at CA's post, behold! Arfa Kidney!

Robert

Jennifer D. Pegg
Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 289
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know I can't really be bothered to go and fetch my copy of that book and go thru that elaborate procedure in order to discredit cornwell. reading that book took too much time and effort simply to come to that conclusion!
You know your probably alright and everything but this is a point for you to consider even if Walt or anyone else painted a picture of the victims of JTR does that make them the killer?
Jennifer

The Answer at Last
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have proof that says that Sickert wasn't the killer.... because Maybrick was.

In his own words: "I left it there for all to see"

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3095
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL... I had to let that one through... :-)

Good one, Arfa. ;-)
Stephen P. Ryder, Exec. Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

Kelly Robinson
Sergeant
Username: Kelly

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I now have arfa kidney myself, because I just burst it! Hilarity!
Kelly
"The past isn't over. It isn't even past."
William Faulkner

Paul Jackson
Inspector
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 224
Posted on Thursday, May 13, 2004 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ya know, its kinda sad that people dont have anything better to do than sit around flipping books upside down and trying to find Jack the Ripper in a painting. Think about it.
Paul

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 4:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mick,

Go seek help........go now !

We have been Kid'n'eyed

Son of a.....

Monty
:-)

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 185
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 7:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Mr Waldron,

What exactly is your challenge?

Why did Sickert paint so many of the victims - he didn't.

Next challenge please!

Bob

Lisa Turner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 7:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I studied this image in depth... I swear I saw a human likeness...I see Elvis...

Maria Giordano
Sergeant
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The breasts weren't on the table.
Mags

TomSlemen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cornwell was wrong and arrogantly wrong. Period.

Poppy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 6:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you know that Mrs. Cornwell bought several paintings of Sickert's? Maybe she is trying to inflate the value of her collection. Just imagine how much someone would pay for Ripper- art.

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 741
Posted on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mr Waldron.....peeeeeerrrrrrrleasssse!!A must see 'eh!!!??Well if someone has to 'see' these wondrous visions I'm so glad it's you...personally I take more water with it!Where do you get the remotest idea that WS knew let alone painted any of these unfortunates...Evidence please!! Theres not even Arfa grain of anything seriously worth looking at here....have you considered the tealeaves??
No offence.......but if you 'look' hard enough at anything you'll see something,ref the faces of Christ in the sky etc.
Best
Suzi

C.A.Waldron
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear so called Ripperologists. Let us rewind shall we. I myself am just passing through. However I have seen what I have seen, despite your cynical remarks.
e.g. You wanted a deerstalker hat. Please check out:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=49987&page=1#pid0

I myself have risen to the challenge of the deerstalker, can any of you with such high intelligence explain to me this enigma? No, it's not an inkblot.
Hypothetically, I am an artistic psychopath living in the City of London in the 1900's. I venture out and butcher so called prostitutes.
The City of London is a vast area and my surname happens to be Sickert. Strange isn't it the surnames happen to be the following:
Stride
I(Unfound...as yet)
Chapman
Kelly
Eddowes
R(Unfound...as yet)
Tabram
Can anybody out there find me the missing I and R victims? It would complete a life's masterpiece by way of signature.
P.S. Did Sickert have a problem with his manhood? Who knows, however, Mary Ann Nichols. Does this spell man? I'll let you clever monkeys work it out. You can lead a ***** to water but you cannot make it drink.

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 188
Posted on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone have the remotest idea what this man is burbling about?

He invites us to look at a website where he has posted exactly the same post!

So if you invent half a dozen more victims you can spell Sickerts name! Crass fools that we are - why didn't we spot that! You would have thought that anyone clever enough to have worked all that out would have at least made sure we found all the bodies, and killed them in the right order. As it is the initials of the victims names only spell NCSEK, or TNCSEK if you include Tabram. Wasn't that chap in 'My favourite Martian' called that? Case solved. No wonder we couldn't find him.

Does m-a-n spell man. Yes very good. And next week you can try and spell cat.

Mr Waldron I suggest before you attempt to ridicule the people posting on these boards you take down a dictionary ( even the 'Kiddies First Picture Dictionary' that you probably use will do) and look up the word 'fact'.

I'll give you a start. 'The City of London is a vast area'. No it isn't - in fact its one of the smallest geographical cities in the world being only one square mile. And here's another fact to add to your collection only one victim was murdered in the City of London.

I wonder if we are seeing a Freudian slip in the fact that the last word of your posting is 'drink'?

CB
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi C.A.,

I warned you they would come. I gave you the benefit of a doubt about the pictures because I thought you might be serious but you have to be joking about the last name signature theory.

Just in case you are not I applied the signature theory to my preferd suspect.

T- Tabram
u- Unknown as yet
m- Mackenzie
b- Brown
l- Unknown as yet
e- Eddowes
t- Unknown as yet
y- Unknown as yet

A few murderd women were never identified and some believe they may have been killed by the ripper. Perhapes they can fill in are blanks.

One note, I dont consider myself a Ripperologist. I believe the term Ripperologist should be reserved for the men and women who have worked very hard on the case.

All the best, CB

TomSlemen
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 16, 2004 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Talk about miles-off guesswork. Light years off, and oh so laughable. Well, I'll be publishing my findings later this year, and there will never be another book written about the Whitechapel Murders. Just wait and see.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.