Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through November 10, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Creative Writing and Expression » Artwork: Whitechapel and the Victims of JtR » Archive through November 10, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4504
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great stuff. The one at the bottom now looks restrained, compared with the full-on ones. The top one looks really evil, and the second one looks as if he's changing into a werewolf.

How much are silver bullets on ebay?

Hutch is hairy!

Robert

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 2015
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 2:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Among all these Mary is there somewhere......and the way any art tries to deal with her remains
varies.
I suppose you could agree with whoever it was who said that what art does or attempts to do is transform violence into Myth[echoes of "Jack the Myth" here?]and deals with death by beauty.
And though Mary herself isnt depicted here [by you, ]as a conventional beauty ,the drawing itself is certainly beautiful ....and perceptive!You can see her struggle with booze and her brazen ...perhaps even pretended....indifference to us,the viewer- she looks down on us from the gutter so to speak [and to Joe too no doubt].
Astounding work Suzi.
Nats
xxxx

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 4505
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 3:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi, was that Mary? I thought it was Hutch....

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2562
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First three are my ideas on Mary but the last one is my Hutch

Thanks and thanks Rob!
Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2563
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 3:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What can I say.....apart from THANK YOU THANK YOU Rob !!!!!!!!!!!

Looking back at 'em there is a dark 'likeness ' I guess between Mary and Hutch.......oddly my Hutch brings Glenn to mind!!!! He He !!(The devil told me to say that!!!)

Thanks you lot for encouraging me in my madness

Love

Suzixx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2564
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 5:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats.....As to Mary...

It is odd isn't it..... but I can't help but feel there's an element of someone who was alhough 'young', had a lot of shall we say 'age' about her .....OK,.. Have looked at this drawing again and again but think there's something that you and I have in common with our work on Mary ..The desperate look ...is that just me ?....love it but ...in your Mary's eyes I think we're sharing something.. and hope there's something in my Mary's 'wonky ones '"Hair and eyes" etc etc
Oh well............

Thanks again.. better get to bed.....work tomorrow :-(

Suzixxxx

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 4507
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi, I think that's what got me on that one - that she doesn't look young. And she looks sort of androgynous. Anyway, it doesn't matter, because I like it. And I likes what I likes.

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2565
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 5:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob L
Well there's a thought.....can see what you mean....ish

Never trust a laundress I say!!!!

Suzixx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2566
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 5:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob
Glad you likes..... cos I likes...... I dont understand...... but if it's liked............. I like!...What!!! ??? hehehehehe
Suzi

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2016
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 6:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well to answer that Suzi I would agree there is a sort of Get F**ked attitude there which is kind of saying "If I [Mary]tried to explain any of this -the dissolute life-the drink etc nobody
would understand.I am what I am-an Irish Princess I"ll do what I like and nobody will tell ME what to do - and anyway good old reliable Joe out there will come to the rescue if I need him to.
And then she sobers up and self revulsion starts to set in.You"ve got the lot in that face Suzi!
Only trouble maybe that you have aged her a bit soon .My mother had a friend who died of drink at 52.She had red hair,beautiful clear pale skin and the face of an angel-no kidding.But I am absolutely sure she was pickled in it!
As to the desperate look in the eyes -hmmm well yes!

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 4509
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, Suzi, and sorry about my boo-boo. I do try, but the truth is, several times I've walked past my next door neighbours in the street without recognizing them. They've only been there 20 years.

Robert

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 545
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 6:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi - I am now getting very confused!

Apparently I am now Glenn and an androgynous Hairy Mary.

This is what befalls he who becomes a namesake, as Sir Robert Anderson will be able to tell you.

PHILIP
x
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2567
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PHILIP -

You read all that wrong!!!!!! I said that Hutch (my Hutch ) looked like Glenn!!!!
LOL Suzi x

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 4513
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 3:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Philip, don't worry, you're not a werewolf.

Moonlight becomes you
It goes with your hai -

Well maybe not.

Robert

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 550
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 5:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Darling Crazy Suzi -

I know. I was pulling your leg.

Now you know how it feels to correspond with a gibbering maniac who makes no sense...

PHILIP GEORGE GLENN MARY HUTCHINSON
xxx
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 3494
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 7:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mad mad. Totally mad.

All the best
G. Andersson, author/crime historian
Sweden

The Swedes are the men That Will not be Blamed for Nothing

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2572
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 3:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got you all going tho 'eh!!!!

He he!!
Love
Suzi x

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2022
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 4:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your "inner child" is a delight Suzi Darling!
[from "very bonkers"!]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2574
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 6:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats-
I put it down to A.T.A.D.A.H.S..........Art Teachers Attention Deficiency and Hyperactivity Syndrome me!!!

Or maybe, I've developed an Inner Adolescent!!!!Eeeeek!

[from"Suzi aged 13 3/4"]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Robert W. House
Inspector
Username: Robhouse

Post Number: 260
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just thought I would post this.... this is a picture of Christchurch I did in photoshop. Kind of an atmospheric type thing.

Rob Hchristchurch

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2142
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for that Rob,
Extraordinary!Love it.Its surprising but the Christchurch skyline does look like this sometimes
I was there last year one Sunday morning in Summer just before a thunderstorm - I still have some photos of it-not as good as this because it had started to rain by the time I got going with the camera-but it did look very similar.
Natalie

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 3668
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 2:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very nice work, Rob. And very atmospheric indeed.

All the best
G. Andersson, author/crime historian
Sweden

The Swedes are the men That Will not be Blamed for Nothing

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2720
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 5:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob!!!!

Thats SUPERB!!!!!!!!!!!! God I love it!!
WISH I cou;d do this photoshop thing....God that makes me sound daft!!!
Anyway seriously love it!!!

Suzi x

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 4626
Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 3:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob, that's good. I can see in my mind's eye the Munsters living up there.

Robert

Jane Coram
Chief Inspector
Username: Jcoram

Post Number: 512
Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 5:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI Robert,

Just caught the Christchurch image...absolutely wonderful.I could stare at it for hours.....it is so atmospheric. Totally love it.

Jane

xxxx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2830
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dont know whether its the Picasso influence but heres my Kate well it would be but its toooooooooo BIG! AAAAAAGH!

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2834
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 5:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HELP Rob C!!!! have tried EVERYTHING to shrink this!
hehe
Suz

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2306
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 6:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi,
What is this mysterious item from Picasso"s fart world that you are so anxious to post?....too big/too small...the mind boggles...sounds a bit like somethings been buried and you dug it up again
Nats

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3067
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 4:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
This is the Picasso that I saw in Barcelona and was staggered to see such a powerful JTR image!!
Inspiring eh??

Suzi

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2538
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 6:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thought those on this thread who have tried to create images of language or visual art might appreciate this poem by the American writer Dorothy Parker that I was reading last night!

Fighting Words

Say my love is easy had
Say I"m bitten raw with pride
Say I am too often sad
Say I"m neither brave nor young
Say I woo and coddle care
Say the devil touched my tongue
Still you have my hear to wear.
But say my verses do not scan
And I get me another man!

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2539
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 6:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

errata:third line from last should read:
Still you have my heart to wear.

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3146
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 3:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice one Nats!!!

Good old Dorothy eh.......many's the time she's brought on a 'Why didn't I say that' moment!!!

Suzi

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2543
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 4:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi,
Thanks-I have always loved her wit but most of all I have enjoyed the light, throw away line that aptly exposes hypocrisy and the "double standards" that still happen in male dominated cultures.
Best
Nats
xxx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3161
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats-
....And not only in 'male dominated' ones too!

Suzi

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 397
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Natalie,

You seem to have a real problem with men. What happened did one step on your teddy bear when you were a child?

Bob

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3162
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now THAT would be truly heinous crime!!!

Suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 5206
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 6:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I used to beat my Teddy Bears up. Then slept with them in the bed.

Little Robert

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2545
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bob,
"Teddy"
is ready to leave his comfortable spot next to Roger the Rabbit and come with his gang and sort you mate!
Natalie

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3165
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I STILL sleep with mine I hate to say.and love those little scars!!!!!!

Roger the Rabbit??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LOL

Suzi x

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3166
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody good painting above eh?
Suzi x

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2548
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Suzi,
Teddy is always ready to spring into action on my behalf,like one of the gallant knights of old!
However this afternoon I decided to remove him from Roger the Rabbit [they sit together on a shelf where I cant always see what they are doing!]I became quite uncomfortable reading something on the Kosminski thread earlier today and decided it might be better to separate the pair.He has been in a bad mood ever since but he has to stay put for the time being!
Bobby BTW is usually a very sweet natured bear-not quite in the same league as his namesake, the one who lost one ear and an eye -the local shopkeeper gave me a replacement eye for him but he never looked quite the same afterwards!Then he got lost and I have missed him ever since
Little Nats

Yep-that painting is the works!
Nats
xxx

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2264
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 4:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Nats,

The first dolly I had, I called Spencer, because I thought Mark(s) & Spencer must be a boy and girl!

I now sleep with hubby and Mabel the cow.

(That'll get the gossips going )

Love,

Caz
X

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2556
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Funny that Caz-I used to think it was about Marx"s Suspenders!Now Groucho might have enjoyed that but I doubt Karl would have!
Anyway I sincerely hope Mabel isnt given too hard a time by you and your spouse-the bovine protection league might be after you otherwise!
Nats
x

Nats
x

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2277
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Nats,

I love the way small children see the world.

My daughter used to call chimneys 'smoke holes', although born in 1987 she couldn't have seen much smoke! And ankles were 'leg wrists'.

She thought chocolate eclairs were 'chocolatey Claires'; she loved Victoria Wood but it always came out 'Bacteria Wood'; and Ghostbusters were 'Ghostbastards'.

Love,

Caz
X

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1657
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Caz and Nats

You have probably heard this one before but I remember a little girl in England once who was fascinated at an ad that said that Smith's Crisps had "Christmas in the bag"

When I first came to the United States, age six, attending school here, I was befuddled about the bible story of the "Goods American."

When I was a student here in the U.S. I worked for a summer as a Good Humor ice cream salesman, driving round the neighborhoods in Baltimore, and I had one little boy come up to me to ask to buy a "Good Human."

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3177
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And of course everyone knows that 'HECKYTOCKETS' are those rotor flying machines dont they????

The world according to Suzi (probably until this very day!)

Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3239
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry about the late hour chaps but have just finished my new abberation..Kate

Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3240
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 8:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try again!

Suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 5273
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 6:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Super stuff as usual, Suzi.

The butterfly is weird!

Robert

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2583
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 4:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi-some lovely ideas here!Great use of colour and the weaving and shredding very apt too.
I like the butterfly image -a brief flutter
...and suddenly its over!
Nats
x

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.