Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through March 31, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Creative Writing and Expression » Artwork: Whitechapel and the Victims of JtR » Archive through March 31, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1684
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 5:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane
A stunning interpretation of Mary - very moving actually. So much personality there, awesome. I don't know how you do it, I just hope that you keep on and spoil us with more treats like this!
All the best
Chris

Jane
Inspector
Username: Jcoram

Post Number: 267
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 6:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for those comments.

I know that we can never really know what she looked like, unless someone has got a photograph tucked away in an attic somewhere.

I kept thinking that whoever killed Mary, wanted to erase her from history and to all intents and purposes they succeeded. At least now when I think about her, I'm not seeing that awful mutilated photograph in front of my eyes. I stared at it for so long I don't think I ever want to see it again. Now I can see her alive and that's great.

Once again, thanks for all your comments.

lots of love

Jane

xxxxx

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 3090
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 6:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane,

"At least now when I think about her, I'm not seeing that awful mutilated photograph in front of my eyes. I stared at it for so long I don't think I ever want to see it again. Now I can see her alive and that's great."

That is indeed a good point, and I think a point she would have appreciated.
I agree, whether she looked like this or not, now we at least have something else to picture her by, thanks to you.

All the best
G. Andersson, author
Sweden
The Swedes are the men That Will not be Blamed for Nothing

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1576
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 6:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane,
I love that last line-"Now I can see her alive and thats great"-indeed it is ----and you have most definitely suceeded in bringing her to life in a most amazing fashion! You can almost hear her breathing!
Natalie

Jane
Inspector

Post Number: 269
Posted on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 7:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

Just getting tired enough to go to bed. I've got a rotton day tomorrow, and I thought I'd catch up on some of the old threads. I just went over to the 'reconstructing Mary's face' thread and I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed there, because there was some great stuff. And thanks Nats for your lovely drawing of Mary, which showed her real vulnerability.

I think Mary would be quite touched if she knew how we all felt about her.

lots of love and big hugs to everyone,

Still as daft as ever,

Jane

xxxxxxxx

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1840
Posted on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it really is just amazing.

and quite touching.

Jenni

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2098
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 6:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane
Quite sensational!
Would love to see it with the red lyndsey shawl too!
Superb!
Suzix

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2102
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 9:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Right! Going to try to post again! whats happening here?? Or is it me???Nope failed again!!!
Oh well back to ther manual!
Suzi :-(

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2103
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 9:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

&#14915
a1 (37.9 k)
am losing the will to live here! has this worked? suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2104
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 9:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok why do you have to click on that thing to see it??? help!

Robert Clack
Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 495
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 9:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here you go Suzi

I think your problem was the file size was to large and it needs to be posted in jpeg format.

All the best

Rob

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2105
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert
Thanks for that!!!! My camera's telling me that its is!!!!!!!!!!!!!(in jpeg that is!)
Agh cant be doing with this!! Any suggestions!!!
Thanks again!

Suzix

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2106
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 10:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok going to have another go..agh..God what a way to spend Sunday afternoon eh!
Suzi :-(

Pamela Chandler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane- Thanks so much for this wonderful portrait. I really feel you've captured her and brought her back to life for us.

Jane Coram
Inspector

Post Number: 323
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 6:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,

I know I've been quiet for a while, but I have been busy behind the scenes, I have a few to put up here and there.

I'm not sure about this one, but I thought I would see what you all thought, it was just a different slant on the Mary portrait, but I'm not sure if I like it or not.......

Mary

Love Jane

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 542
Posted on Sunday, March 06, 2005 - 7:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm sure I do! You took that horrible carved up face and made a believable representation of what it must have looked like. What color was the shawl supposed to be?

Jane Coram
Inspector

Post Number: 324
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 4:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI Diana,

The one she was wearing on the day of the murder was maroon. Her skirt was dark and she had on a dark velvet top (possibly very dark green,) but wore no hat.........According to most witness testimonies. She didn't seemed to be wrapped up very well considering it was November and a cold rainy night...........

Glad you liked the picture though.......

lots of love

Jane

xxxxxx

Carolyn
Sergeant
Username: Carolyn

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 6:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane,

I love your work, I like the one you did with just her face better. It is such a moving rendition of her. Striking really. I feel the background takes away from the quality of the facial expression. Just my personal opinion for what it is worth.

Love,
Carolyn

Jane Coram
Inspector

Post Number: 325
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 6:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Carolyn,

You are the 3rd person that has said that and I actually agree, between you me and the gatepost it was not my idea, but I thought I would give it a go and see how it turned out.

I prefer the one of her on her own as well, so that's sorted that out!

Bug hug

Jane
xxxxxxx

George Hutchinson
Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 404
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 6:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jane et al

For what it's worth I thought I would post my opinion here.

I don't think this currently works for 2 reasons : firstly, you have the same brightness on Mary's face you had in the initial staggering portrait and Miller's Court is gloomy so it looks superimposed. Secondly, her placing on this seems rather arbitrary. I know there is something to do with artistic composition and aesthetically I feel she needs to be further up and to the right.

I love the idea of the victims being shown at locations, albeit a rather dark reality. I'm sure with what you've done you could do something along these lines, but making them fit in a bit more?

I'd love one of those other geniuses who have done the 3D pictures to get to work on some of yours!

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Jane Coram
Inspector

Post Number: 326
Posted on Monday, March 07, 2005 - 6:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Philip,

I am going to try what you have suggested as I think that would work well. This was actually designed to have text set over the space at the side of Mary, but I didn't like because it had lost the focus on her eyes. It really wasn't my idea, so I don' t feel too bad about it!!!!!

Glenn summed it up (and I'm sure he won't mind me repeating it here) when he said that

if you want to move or disturb an audience, you have to make things as simple as possible and not let the picture contain too much that disrupt the main element in the picture.

Considering the great psychology and the look in Mary Kellys eyes (where she is scanning and sort of almost judging us, at the same time as she is vulnerable, I'd say that is something to consider here, and therefore I think she should have as little space around her as possible.

My daughter put it a little more succintly and said it looked like 'a poster campaign for the homeless.........'

All in all, I think I'll keep Mary where she deserves to be, the centre of attention.......

All my love to everyone

Jane

xxxxx

Frank van Oploo
Chief Inspector
Username: Franko

Post Number: 532
Posted on Tuesday, March 08, 2005 - 3:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jane,

Like Jack may have said to himself: "Excellent job you did on Mary, simply fantastic!"

Frank
"Every disadvantage has its advantage."
Johan Cruijff

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1728
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

2005_0325Easter0003.JPG
2005_0325Easter0004.JPG
2005_0325Easter0008.JPG

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1729
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everybody,
I at last managed to get these on the thread.

---The first is of Catherine Eddowes with a stranger the week before her death.[from a reported sighting by one of her female friends]

----The second is of Annie Chapman and a man -as seen by Elizabeth long on the morning of her death in 29 Hanbury street

--- -The third is of the Jewish Memorial which is opposite The London Hospital.

Natalie

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1730
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For information- these paintings were done on canvass in oil medium.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4314
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Natalie, loved these particularly number one. She looks very uncomfortable as she goes through the motions.

Is that a cat by the doorstep in munber 2?

Robert

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1732
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 2:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Robert,
I think I was a bit uncomfortable too!I was having to prop up her mortuary pictures to use her trashed features as a guide-not a pleasant task...
funny you should mention the cat in the second picture,I had a cat sitting between no 27 and 29 Hanbury Street and then got rid of it-Oh well they say they have nine lives!

Natalie

Phil Hill
Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 261
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 2:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it me, or have you given Hanbury St a touch of French style?

Impressive work though, well done.

Phil

Jane Coram
Inspector

Post Number: 381
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 2:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI Nats,

Well worth the wait, they are absolutely smashing..........I like the first one particularly because I think it does gets across Kate's personality.............I think she was quite a character, she had a really good sense of humour too and it shows in the painting.......

The others I love too though, I really like your style of painting........any more in the pipeline......please? How about one of Mary, maybe from your drawing?

Love Jane

xxxxxx

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1734
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 3:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Hanbury Street and that entire area of Spitalfields is mostly still and was then entirely French after all.Built in the early 18th century by the French Huguenots.I have actually talked to the chap who owns Nicholas Hawsmore"s house and been inside the master builders house,a Frenchman whose house today is without electricity uses mainly gas,though the main dining room is a magnificent
tapestry hung period piece lit solely by candlelight!.Its gorgeous.
Also my mother was a painter who loved the French impressionists and this influenced me a little and my tutor from St Martin"s is a devotee of Manet"s[among a host of others]but this influenced me with the Ripper
stuff because Manet and the Impressionists painted at the same period as the murders took place [ Walter Sickert met him
and admired his work!]. So I thought that they represented the genre of that period.[ if you look back to the previous threads you"ll see more].I dont usually paint in this style these days-just the Ripper stuff!

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1735
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jane,
Thankyou so much!After your wonderfully realistic recreations of the period and the characters, which are not only alive with immediacy ,but able to evoke the drama and atmosphere of the Autumn of terror as if we were looking through a peephole at it ,your words are indeed music to my ears!
I cant do this and wouldnt know how to begin
but offer my paintings ,as I think you do too, to futher our recognition of the tragedy of these women.
Mary? Come Jane-you have said it all!

A Big Hug

Nats xxx

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 1911
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 4:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Natalie
I was pulled straight away by the image of 29 Hanbury Street.
This is your style supreme.
There are those little Victorian ‘love hearts’ in the lower windows, and then the eyeless shutters - like slr camera lenses - above them that sort of get wider and wider as the eye travels up the image, until the shutter is open and the picture is taken.
Just like that.
And in the open shutter you see the light, right at the top, a little narrow box of light that takes the picture but beneath it the huge black coffin of darkness that hangs suspended ready to drop on the ill-matched humans beneath it.
Then the door next door, a lovely comforting warm front door, where if Annie had gone she would have got a cup of tea and a hot water bottle, but instead she went into the electric blue of 29, and the three hearts trumped the black pair who hang in weird dance by the door step.
Like she’s almost saying ‘get off my foot, you weirdo!’
A sparkling image, Natalie, you can be proud

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1738
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 5:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can understand your love of Blake AP,both here and in the others.Your words have the same ring of mysticism which I only ever half understand.You write like an angel--- he would have agreed I am sure.
Thankyou-I shall treasure this.
Natalie

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 363
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 9:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats,

Wonderful paintings! I'm particularly drawn to the last one, of the Jewish Memorial - the colours are spectacular.

Great job!

Love,

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2241
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great ones Nats!!!!!
Defi(nat)ly a cat in Hanbury St!!!! ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youve shamed me into doing some more girl!!!!!! I REALLY must!!!

Love
Suzix

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1912
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Natalie.

Also just to say that last year's winner of the 'Creative Writing & Expression' thread will be announced at the Brighton Conference later this year; and the prize will be presented to the winner by Philip Hutchinson at the conference.
My thanks to everyone.

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1741
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 5:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Lyn and Suzi,
I did have a cat in,then deleted it in case it
irritated Diddles-who lashes his tail from time to time imperiously if a rival cat ripper appears on the scene!
Anyway Whitechapel cats are the coolest cats around and know exactly how to slip into any Whitechapel act!
Natsxxx

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1744
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will you too be at the Brighton Conference AP?

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1917
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 1:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was hoping to be, Natalie, and I still might.
It just depends on whether I can get down the stairs without being pushed first.
If I can navigate the stairs then the world is my oyster.

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 3343
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 3:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do hope you get there, AP.
It would be great to meet you at last.

As for the stairs, a touch of brandy will do it, won't it? :-)

All the best
G. Andersson, author/crime historian
Sweden

The Swedes are the men That Will not be Blamed for Nothing

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4325
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

since AP must come by canoe, there is a grave risk of Uncle Charles's service revolver becoming waterlogged. Even worse, the same might happen to the brandy.

Robert

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1918
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert
If I know me like I think I know me, I would drink the brandy, shoot myself in the foot with uncle Charles' service pistol and then blow a hole in the bottom of the canoe with my next shot, and consequently drown somewhere just of the Needles.

Glenn
I use the brandy to get up the stairs, somehow I have always managed to float down.
It must have something to do with gravity.

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1749
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 6:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You WILL navigate those stairs AP-you MUST!
Now Robert-you cant continue to "hide away"---
so looking forward to seeing you there too OK!!!
Natalie

George Hutchinson
Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 436
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know it's the fact that I will be there that is keeping some of you away.

PHILIP (seriously off-thread)

PS : Nats - nice work!
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 521
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 2:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Natalie,

Beautiful paintings, as always. My first thoughts were that they were done using Pastels.
I have to agree with Phill and that there is a Parisian quality about Hanbury Street and also the Whitechapel Road painting.

All the best

Rob

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2247
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 8:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all!!!
Trying to post some new stuff here BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wont play for me!!!
Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2248
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 8:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob-
Have been seriously cheeky and asked you to help me out here!! In case they do materialise...

The first ones Kate

Next a rather silly if jolly Annie

Then two on what PC Watkins may just have caught a glimpse of in the light of his lantern

Thanks to all and apologies for my daftness!!!!

Suzixx

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 523
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 2:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All

Suzi has asked me to post some of her paintings. Which has given me the privilege of seeing them first.

The first one is Kate

This one is Annie

And these last two are what P. C. Watkins may have caught a glimpse of from the light of his lantern.

Rob

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2249
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 2:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rob!!!

What can I say!!!!
Thanks sooooooooooooo much
Am working on a huge thing of Hutchinsons man at the mo and would love to employ you again tomorrow when the gold leaf bits gone off enough to pic it!!!!!
God that sounds presumptious....
take a hug Suzi x

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2250
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 2:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OMG have just noticed when you look at the close up of the Watkins one theres an EYE looking back straight at you !!! I swear I didnt paint that!!!!!

eek Suzix

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.