Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through June 24, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Creative Writing and Expression » Artwork: Whitechapel and the Victims of JtR » Archive through June 24, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 592
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Nats,Robert,Leanne et al
Have been thinking about this book idea.....as you do! Love the idea of a small 'precious' sort of book a bit like the 'Lyra's Oxford'by Phillip Pullman If you havent seen it its a small sort of cloth bound thing about6" x 4" absolutely lovely and has a really nice feel about it!
Love the idea of putting together all of our artwork ,and AP.....will you write some suitably AP linking passages....please!!!! I just think that this is a great idea....all we need is to find someone to publish it!!!!!Hmmmmmmmm let me know your thoughts!!!
Cheers
Suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2212
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 1:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi

Maybe it's just my eyes, but wouldn't a bigger book show off the pictures better?

Of course, posters is another possibility.

PS Will email you about your kind offer.

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 593
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert
Sounds fascinating!!! I dont know.....I like the idea of a rather small, sort of secret thing with the pics!!!!....perhaps with an optional magnifying glass!!!!!! Know what you mean though......
ok e mail me and we'll have a think about it
Thanks for your help
Suzi

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 941
Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 6:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think publication of such works to be valid, and I do enjoy doing the linkage between art and word.
With the helpful cooperation of all involved I would be willing to begin publishing such ventures in this year, but would have to inform you right at the start that the publication of such colour images is almost prohibitive and would involve charity on behalf of the contributors of those colour images until such a time as an even-break was achieved.
Black and white, no problem. Words, no problem. And I was sort of planning to publish the collective response on the poetry thread anyway, that is with the blessing of the contributors and a velvet bag full of Queen Victoria gold sovereigns for their trouble.
But colour?
That’s a big problem.

Natalie Severn
Inspector
Username: Severn

Post Number: 430
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 5:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi,AP,Robert and Leanne

I would be happy to offer some help with illustration work-of short stories and poems
but am more of a painter than an illustrator
and the paintings are mostly oil though I do some water colour.Another interest is photography.
If any of this is of help let me know.

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 594
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 3:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all
Thought I'd posted this!!!!
Thanks AP....I think the b/w idea is great!!!! could take in photographs,lino cuts ,engravings etc...also some b/w paintings Nat!!!!Love the idea of a small sort of private thing tho and balck and white of course would be very good for this. Just remembered where I sent this!!!
Let me know what you all think....Leanne???
All best Cheers
Suzi x

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 595
Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 3:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BALCK and WHITE has promise of course!!!!!! sorry about that!!!!....just a bit of over enthusiastic typing there!!!! Lets plan on this one eh??!!!
Thanks for your patience!!!
All best
Cheers
Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 597
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 3:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,AP ,Leanne and Nats and any other interested parties!!!
Gone a bit quiet here chaps....I just think iots a runner....lets all get together on this one eh! If we pool our ideas....I reckon this could be good!!!!Feel like all joining hands and contacting eachother.... might be quicker!!!!
Cheers Suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2222
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 4:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi

Black and white pictures...my mind goes to Dore. I'd love to see one of those amorphous mass blobs - people all toppling into one another - done with a modern setting - say, a bunch of drunken City types?

Robert

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 451
Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 4:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi Robert AP Leanne and any others interested,Yes Suzi thats fine but I dont know what else to say.If I know what you would like I will try to do something that fits in-just acting off the top of my head I dont know if I am on the right track.
Nats

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 600
Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 5:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Nats et al...
right track ...who knows....am just trying to put some b/w things together.....photos wouls be breat....i have soo many b/w collages...lets go for it!!!! cheers suzi

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 601
Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 5:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all....or GREAT EVEN!!!!!! SORRY ABOUT THAT!!!!LETS CHAT....LOOK OUT FOR THE POST rOBERT!!!
CHEERS sUZI

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 602
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 4:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI all....seriously gone quiet on this one!!!!! Robert.....sorry about the delay is being sent toimorrow...ANY NEW IDEAS HERE CHUMS???
CHEERS SUZI

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2232
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 5:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi

Well, there's the one I already suggested - scenes we have no picture of e.g. Kate's post mortem etc.

Also, how about spoofs on the 1888 artists' styles e.g. there's one that shows McCarthy at the window looking quite the country gentleman, with a cane etc. Also some of the representations of the policemen discovering the bodies - is there one with a mouth bubble with the words "Oh dear!"? And the way the victims always seem to have garments covering all the sensitive areas.

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 604
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 2:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert, you should have got or get the pics soon!!!!! Love the Mc Carthy idea and the ooooooooh dear thing really made me laugh!!!!!am going to work on a series of Barnett 'studies'!!!! dont you just hate that ratty little face!!!
Cheers suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2237
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 6:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi

Thanks for that. Barnett studies, eh? Why not do him ripping Kelly up with a kipper? On the bedside table is an open wallet of the sort that contains doctors' implements - only this one has a herring, and a cod....You know, just for jolly wouldn't you.

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 607
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 3:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert!
Just kippering old chap!!!!!...seriously funny thought....may put my mind to it!... you should get the pics tomorrow (monday).Love the ratty face of Barnett not the bowler hatted one! ....are they the same person.....I think not.....Oh God!!! this will start everyone off again!!! I like (!) to think of Joe as looking like the ratty faced one!.....that's the way the drawings are going!any thoughts on this girls....or you Robert!
Cheers
Suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2240
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 5:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh no! Poor old Joe's being picked on again. Well I suppose if we're going to have Barnett as ratty then John Kelly can be Mole and Kidney can be Toad.

Seriously though it will be interesting to see what you make of Barnett.

Robert

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 499
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 5:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi and Robert,sounds good!
I suppose Abberline could be Badger!
Well if it has to be poor Joe being posthumously charged I guess he would be pretty ratty!
Good Luck Suzi!

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2244
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about some drawings in the style of Victorian melodrama? I have this vision of Joe clapping his hand over his eyes, while the other arm points to Kelly on the bed. She is being fanned by Phillips, because she's swooned at her own murder.

Robert

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 504
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 6:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think the thought police shall shortly be visiting you Asst.Comm Linford!!!

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 608
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
Sent the pics to Lettsbe Avenue Robert......that was the right address wasnt it!!!
All best Suzi
Thanks Nat!

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 643
Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,Nats etc
Just got back onto this thread on Sunday afternoon....as you do for a quick trawl through the boards!
Loved the idea of Roberts about articles covering the 'sensitive' areas....perhaps a barge coat could be used for Mary!!!! while Joe looks on with his shifty little eyes.....back to work I think!!
Cheers Suzi

James Jeffrey Paul
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 11:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi--

Where can we see samples of your artwork? Do you have a webpage?

Jeff

Ken Proctor
Police Constable
Username: Gizmo

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 6:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hey jeff maybe you could catch suzi easier on fancy a pint in "pub talk". shes a cracker at jtr artwork not to mention her other stuff. tell her "gizmo" sent you !

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 859
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jeff E mail me on suzihanney@hotmail.com and will try to make some sense of this!!!!
gizmo's the best tho!!
Suzi
It's absurd to divide people into good or bad.People are either charming or tedious.

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 860
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 5:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff
There's some stuff on the second archive of this thread tho may give you some idea!!
Thanks Ken
Suzi
It's absurd to divide people into good or bad.People are either charming or tedious.

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 907
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Car Park - Whites Row/Millers Court
"Car Park - Whites Row/Millers Court"
(Unfinished work) - 1889 Dockers Strike, Whitechapel High St
"(Unfinished work) - 1889 Dockers Strike, Whitechapel High Street
London Hospital, Whitechapel - seen from nearby Bucks Row
"London Hospital, Whitechapel - seen from nearby Bucks Row"

Robert Clack
Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 262
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Natalie

Great stuff, even better then the last lot.

I loved the use of colour for "Woods buildings". There is almost an antique look to the painting.

All the best

Rob

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2594
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 1:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Marvellous, Natalie! I so wish I could magnify them, to get a better look. I loved the sky over the Dockers Strike, and I feel I could actually step into that Woods Buildings alley. But they were all terrific. Thanks for posting them.

Robert

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 908
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 2:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert C Thanks for your words again,you may be interested to know Robert that I was in Whitechapel collecting data for the Woods alley and London Hospital paintings and when I came home I noticed you had posted something to someone on "The Ten Bells" and had been there in Whitechapel the same time!
All the Best Natalie

Hi Robert C.L.Thanks to you too Robert,I am glad you like them-I was wondering whether you would as they were being posted!Robert-cant you zoom in
with your edit stuff?That will enlarge sections.
Best Natalie

Robert Clack
Inspector

Post Number: 263
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Natalie

I was in Durward Street that day as well (about midday) I wanted to take some photos of Woods Buildings, but both ends were closed off with iron doors. spookily I took this photo about 15 years ago from almost the same spot as your London Hospital painting

Rob

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1162
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 5:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Natalie
I always enjoy your work, and these I enjoy especially.
But hey, I’m a weirdo.
I always look at background, and the blinds attract me - they are some kind of blinds aren’t they? - but there isn’t a window is there? Like false blinds with a light behind them… and what looks like the flex of an electric light hangs down in each photo, but each time the flex is in a different position, sometimes an inch away from the painting, sometimes five inches, and other times right underneath the painting.
I always look at little stuff like that and then try and make my own painting of what is going on.
I get the impression that the blinds are being open and closed to give different light impressions to the setting, or that just might be the varying angle of the camera being used to take the shots.
Doesn’t matter, just me.
‘Berner’s Street Club’ is an absolute gem of a painting, and I would buy that from you right now. Lovely concept, design and execution which I will lovingly explore.
But for now I was drawn into the acid trip which you call ‘Christchurch, Spitalfields’. Did you ever take acid, Natalie?
I did, in my misspent youth, well to be accurate I took mescaline, it was New York and early 70’s, taking mescaline was like taking aspirin, same effect as acid though.
Everything becomes animalistic and nature ridden, buildings tilt and swoon, as if van Gogh is tickling your brain with a absinthe-charged paint brush; things melt; things take form; like the blasted almost fossilized trees that form the essential framing to your building eventually loose their essentiality when they actually become part of the building, which they do through dint of your stroke, and I think understanding of the frame and framing that motivated Jack.
At the entrance I see an inferno, even if you didn’t paint an inferno, I see an inferno, and I think Jack as he tried to climb those impossible steps which have been greased with the blood of Catholic whores would have gladly held his hands to warm them awhile.
They go through those doors don’t they?
They go to die, so that we might live.
And the dark night sky pounds down on man’s heaven and rams the stars down their parched throats… and long dead trees hold their withered branches up to the sky in supplication whilst a fire rages within.
And blood is boiled in such a place of worship.
Fine painting, Natalie.

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 911
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 6:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AP---Thankyou for the beautiful words you use to describe the Christchurch painting.You seem to understand the painting better than I do.
No I never did take acid....not acid...too scary!
But you kind of "trip" when you paint if you know what I mean---when it works ---not when its driving you to the point you abandon it in frustration.
You have made my day AP.Thanks and I"m so glad you enjoyed them.
Natalie.

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 912
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 6:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rob,we must have been there at the same time-well give or take half an hour.I think your photo is fantastic and thanks for posting it.They must have done it up a lot since then the Board School.
Do you have a photo of Wood"s buildings?Strangely that was the image that prevailed in my mind even though I hadnt seen any picture like that before it still seemed to reek of decay and dereliction.
Cheers for that
Natalie

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 914
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 6:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi [again]AP,just remembered your questions about the blinds-quite ordinary but our flat has a wall of 4ft long windows facing South so theyRe blackout blinds.Then there is a sloping roof of glass too thats providing the light.
Regarding Christchurch.I also remember thinking it seems to have been no kind of refuge for the victims of JtR.Indeed Jtr seems to have taken it over in some senses1
Natalie

Robert Clack
Inspector

Post Number: 264
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 9:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Natalie

Durward Street looks so much better now then when I first when there in the mid eighties. My only regret is "Essex Wharf" was demolished about 1990. I am sure you would have drawn a lot of inspiration from that building.
As for "Woods Buildings" I took this about 1990. I tried to get some more up to date pictures last time I visited. I also tried to time it so that I could get some sunlight on the building so I could get a decent picture. I had the same problem with Pinchin Street and Chamber Street as the sun was shining on the opposite side, and the buildings I wanted were in shadow.

All the best

Rob

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 2:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Natalie
Thanks for your kind words.

‘Woods Buildings’.
I see a victim of Jack here not a structure or building.
The immortal portal looks like a burnt and savaged vagina leading to a bright white light that is obscuring the blinding and almighty power of the womb deep within.
Who dares, wins.
The victim’s guts are a necklace of bloodied pearls dripping through the frame, with the last bright drop captured in the dangling lure of the gas lamp; and the curious blue and red of Technicolor intestinal matter forms the brickwork of a beautiful mess.
You saw a victim in this structure, Natalie, and quite rightly too.
The going and coming via the portal do reflect directly on the crimes; the day-to day usage of such vehicles becomes influential when we realise the secrets they see but never tell, but I believe the structures have much to reveal. As your painting tells us.
Finally the frame supporting the painting looks like you could crank it down and shatter the painting.
Jack would have enjoyed that.

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 915
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 3:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AP I enjoyed your reading of this very much and you may well be right.There can be a sort of alchemy of ideas and paint happens and I do wait until I am moved to paint what I do and go looking until I find the right image in the buildings that existed then or the site that remains.Thankyou for this AP.I have great regard for your imaginative understanding and appreciation of what has often begun as a shot in the dark.
Best Natalie

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 916
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 3:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob,your photo of Wood"s Buildings is just amazing.I am going to try to print off both on an apple computer.Reminds me of the work of Francois Villon,the poet-thief of fifteenth century Paris.
Absolutely fantastic-thanks Robert.
Natalie

Robert Clack
Inspector

Post Number: 265
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 5:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Natalie

Thanks for the kind words. If you like I can e-mail you better resolution copies.
Just let me know.

Rob

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

Joseph Barnett:

Richard Brian Nunweek
Chief Inspector
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 911
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 3:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Leanne,
Nice one.
I am sure people can figure out what Joe is thinking.
'Blimey pulling this thing is hard work, its making me hungry, I fancy Liver for my tea tonight, or mayby a bit of heart'
Richard.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2605
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 7:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very nice sketch, Leanne.

Richard, Joe's thinking : "My head's on fire."

Robert

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 917
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 8:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Leanne very nice work!How about "Anyway at least I"ve got a new job.No need to go on the march for the unemployed or start shouting about "spectres haunting Europe".Whatho! they"d soon Know about spectres if they took a look inside my barrow.It would haunt more than Europe I can tell you!
Natalie

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 918
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 8:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert C.Many thanks for that.I havent been able to download them yet .Hope to tonight.Looking forward to that.
Natalie

Robert Clack
Inspector

Post Number: 266
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 9:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Natalie

My pleasure.

Hi Leanne

Nice drawing. If he kept the Kidney next to the produce, no wonder he couldn't hold down a job.

Rob

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 920
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 4:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,Rob,I downloaded the photos tonight-terrific,full of atmosphere.getting them printed tomorrow.Once again Many Thanks
Natalie

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1274
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 7:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rob
Great pic of Wood's Buildings. I have taken the liberty of adjusting the colour balance a bit to lighten it. Hope this helps
Chris

woods

Robert Clack
Inspector

Post Number: 267
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 6:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheers Chris

Thank makes quite a bit of difference. The photo software I have isn't that great at adjusting images.

All the best

Rob

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.