Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through March 12, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Creative Writing and Expression » Artwork: Whitechapel and the Victims of JtR » Archive through March 12, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Natalie Severn
Inspector
Username: Severn

Post Number: 382
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 6:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there Robert-yes wouldnt it be just great if Leanne put hers on here too![and there are others who are keeping very quiet].But it does you good to share experiences of Whitechapel with all the
kind people on this site.I mean we all do it in different ways -and sometimes the same ways!
Dont think so Robert-the Whitechapel Gallery is given over mostly to the real big time currently its Gerhart Richter reputedly the richest painter in the world![I ask you!!!]
Still I"ll look into other places in Whitechapel where possibly we could all of us who paint put on an exhibition and those who write could have Book/Crime Fair at the same time possibly?
Natalie.

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 6:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

Ok, Ok, You talked me into it! I've got a digital camera and I'll go through all my renderings, find the best, and try to display them here....don't hold your breath!

LEANNE

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1213
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 8:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey I never said that I've done any Jack the Ripper paintings! I've studied the elements and principles of art through history! Can't find any Ripper-related ones.

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1214
Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 9:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

picture

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 383
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 3:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Leanne! Wow I like those and can see you gift for the cartoon.Its brilliant!
Its the second though that interests me most.
Terrific.I love the nearly abstract presentation of the coastline and the way light is falling on the different textures of water defining the shapes and contours.Lovely.
Thanks for those Leanne are there any more?Best
Natalie

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1217
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 5:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Natalie,

'Coastline'? & 'Waters'?....stand back a bit and you will see it's a face, with a black hat!

That's my fault because the whole picture was too large to post here, so I had to crop out a close-up of the face...too close! I can't see a coastline!

It was used on the cover of the last issue of Ripperoo, if you want to see it clearer.

LEANNE

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1218
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 5:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

picture

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1219
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 5:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

That'll do Nat, because they aren't Ripper related and most of them are too big to post here.

My boyfriend paints alot, so I'll no doubt do some of those one day! and seeing your work has encouraged me heaps!

Good on ya,
LEANNE

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2189
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 9:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Leanne, I loved your drawings - particularly the first one, while the second reminded me a bit of "A Clockwork Orange".

Natalie and Leanne, in my capacity of egger-on (believe me, I'd do this if I could), I think it would be great if someone did "Jack the Ripper's Gravestone". Just a gravestone, the grave all overgrown, the lettering on the stone illegible through mildew and weathering...the whole thing as bleak as possible.

Robert

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 385
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI Leanne,yes I can see it more clearly anyway now on my computer.First thing this morning the image didnt look so clear but it had got the curves and pools of light seen in the man in the hat and reminded me of what I wrote.And in fact its a super image.I have now seen it in the periodical section on this site and was very impressed.Great stuff Leanne.The "eye" too a very striking image,startling.
Glad you feel encouraged by all this.Look forward to the next pictures !Best Nats.

Hi Robert---will have a think about your suggestion.
Best Natalie

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 917
Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 1:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Artillery Lane

I love this image. It is the mind picture I always carry around in my head of the Whitechapel I see, whether it be a true image I can’t say because I haven’t been to the East End of London since I was ten years old - which is surprising as that is where my family comes from - but for me it is a true image.
I love the pooling and brooding menace of the shades and colours, but it is also peaceful somehow; the buildings look like they got scabs on and are living breathing units of life observing the gentle and sometimes violent pestilence that goes on below them in the realm of the colony.
Beneath a lamp post you might see three men standing, but I don’t, I see one dark man with two light shadows, and the shadows seem to pull him this way and then that way, as if the determination of the dark man has been split and divided by his two light shadows… shall he follow the disappearing figure - if it is a figure for my eyesight fails me here when dealing with such a small image on the screen - up the ever-slanting tube of an alleyway? Or shall he stand a bit more and chew the fat with his alter-egos?
The dark man obviously stands under the lamp post so that he can see himself. For he disappears into the dark and brooding shadows of the image as soon as he leaves the lamp post, and no longer exists. Much like the entire image really, switch those comforting little points of light off and we are left in the dark.
Much like the Jack the Ripper story then.

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 386
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 1:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP I"m really glad you liked this one-it wasnt easy.I wanted it to look as it does now-which is why there is just discernible scaffolding on the right of the picture.This currently surrounds the shell of the convent/refuge that has been gutted to make way for flats[expensive ones I think].
And you are so right about the figures-they can be one or several-as you like.And so can time be
ambiguous-you can see it as today or then.
Thankyou for your posts AP.
Best Wishes Natalie.

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 919
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 4:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Corner of Wentworth

Again this image works perfectly for me.
The modern lamp post rears like a Martian from HG’s War of the Worlds, its single electronic eye seeking out humans to blast to oblivion, casting about in the deserted streets below for some sign of life.
Opposite in the old shops - that probably once sold packaged tripe, patented false teeth and wooden legs, but now sell imported face masks from Bali, curry and chips and process films in an hour - up there on the floors sticking out of the window there appears to be a dark red sun canopy or something like that, but I prefer to see it as an explosion of viscera and guts as Jack violently expels his latest victim right out of the window in cloud of blood.
And there below in the shadows of the street I’m sure I can see some gallows being thrown together to test the neck of a murderer, or some poor kid who spun top on majesty’s highway, at her majesty’s pleasure that is.
There is a vague shadow in the window downstairs, could it be Jack? Nah, it’s Sadaam Hussein checking the security locks on his chip shop.
There’s a big window in the red building and I like to imagine that people sit in there and take tea, and as they pass the cake one says to another:
‘Did you read in the Times, dear? Another horrible murder in Whitechapel?’
And high above them the 747’s split the sky with their screaming turbines as they wind down their engines to land at Heathrow.

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 390
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 5:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love the reading AP.Its reputed to be the route he took as he left Mitre Square and crossed through Wentworth Street to Goulston Street.

I dont think The one of the taxi has come through properly.Some of the lower part is missing which is the part where I painted the taxi the colour I saw it-a lovely bright magenta.Also the taxi drivers face which was distorted by the reflected glass but which in the image on the thread is lost.Another time when we know better how to present them on the thread I"ll repost it.Then you"ll see the colours which make a big difference.
Thankyou again for the time you have given to these paintings.You make a brilliant art critic.
Best Wishes Natalie.

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 392
Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 5:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To AP---realise you may wonder what I"m on about.I
was referring above to the last painting featuring a Taxi and called "modern view of King"s Bench Walk" -a third is missing from it
unfortunately.Natalie

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 579
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi eveyone.
am having a blue fit here but am going to have another go!!!! bear with me Cheers SuziA:\jtr2lets see what happens eh!!

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3019
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi - great stuff! Particularly like the one on the left... could you provide a larger photo of it?

Do you sell your work or is it just for personal entertainment? Its quite good.

Stephen P. Ryder, Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 580
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok ish so far am going to try and out the rest of them on....

suzi

(Message edited by admin on March 09, 2004)

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 406
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi-Splendid stuff!Glad you have managed to get on.
I had a lot of difficulty too and some are still only half on.
Cheers Natalie.

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 581
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats....and me am still reeling from the shock at managing to do it!!!!!
Stephen....Thanks so much for that....did it as a job as an art teacher for 23 years....now just do it as a rather joyous 'hobby'!!! Thanks again ! wILL TRY TO POST SOME MORE AND WRITE SOME SENSE ABOUT THEM...IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED TOMORROW!!!! Thanks! xx Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 582
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 3:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Spryder!!!! would love to send you a larger version (Oh Eh!!) but dont know how to do it....its a full screen thing and it doesnt seem to want to be sent.....or recieved!!!! any advice??? could mail you a colour p/copy tho give me your address!!!
Cheers
suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2201
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 5:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi, (or if you prefer), Suzi!!!!!

I liked this a lot. But I'd really appreciate an enlargement. Some of the discussion of Natalie's stuff was lost on me, because I couldn't make out the detail.

Yours in Braille

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 583
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 5:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all
Ok enlargements!!!!!its taken me weeks to get to post these!!! at the proper size.... email me and will send you a colour p/copy of the brutes!!!!
Cant cope with any more resizing.... thanks for your comments....willl try to post some more v soon!!!
Thanks again
Cheers
Suzi

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 407
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 5:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,well like Suzi I havent posted any myself on the web before and had no idea how they would come out.They too need enlarging really and colour as well as form [several of mine have chunks missing]has been lost.But hopefully I"ll know better another time.
Some of the discussion on the previous thread especially was really enjoyable and I"m indebted to AP for the lovely reviews that were done on each of them but I dont think I"ll have the skill to enlarge them any further for the time being,Robert-though I wish I could because Suzi"s have such great impact for being enlarged.
Anyway its getting really good here now with these
tinight of Suzi"s and Leanne"s the other day as well!
Best Natalie

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2203
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 5:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Natalie and Suzi

This wasn't meant as a complaint - I myself haven't a clue how to go about posting a picture - I just thought it was a shame that such smashing pictures couldn't be seen close-up.

Robert (Shapist school of art)

Question : who founded the Shapist school of art?

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 584
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 6:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
Go on then Robert....who founded it!!!!! Have to catch some zzzzzzs soon!!!
Nats
Thanks for that....will try to catch up on some techno stuff tomorrow.....need to find a wandering 10 yr old to help me out here!!!!!
Loved your Mary tho....so different to mine and yet.....will get back tomorrow night...will try to borrow camera and do some more stuff/
!!
Love Suzi x

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2205
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 6:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi, it was Tony Hancock in "The Rebel".

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 585
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 6:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert!!!!
Of course!!! Have tried to send you a larger version......am going to get some zzzzzzzz now and try again tomorrow....let me know if it worked ...in some way!!!!
Cheers
Suzi

Michael Raney
Inspector
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 6:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Natalie,

I was in such awe of your work, I forgot to tell you how wonderful I thought they were.

Mikey

Leanne Perry
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1229
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 5:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

Montague James Druitt:

Picture

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2206
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 9:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good one, Leanne. Now could we have Montague John?

Robert

Julia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi,

These are really nice. I like the collage effect you achieved in the ones with the faces--creepy yet still beautiful. Is the one with the archway Miller's Court? I love the colors you use.

Are these oil on canvas, or something else?

Sincerely,
Julia

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 408
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 1:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the Druitt caricature Leanne.Its a terrific creation and has brought out the discomfort you sometimes get when studying his photos and searching for clues.Here we have him at his favourite sport looking very very obsessed
and agressive[and a bit bonkers too though that isnt apparent in his photos-but now you have highlighted something in his expression its really rather obvious].
Seriously Leanne if you were to do the same thing with the other suspects you might lead us to JtR!
I"d love to see one of Barnett[is that possible from the court room sketch?]
Also of Thomas Cutbush,but I dont think we have a photo or even a sketch of him.
But with the Druitt above its clear that something isnt quite right but ofcourse that doesnt make him the ripper!
Great stuff!
Natalie

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 409
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 1:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mikey,many thanks for that.Glad you liked them
Best Natalie

Natalie Severn
Inspector

Post Number: 410
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 1:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi ---and your Mary! now those are images that tear at you!Beautiful colours too.
Best Nats

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 586
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 3:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats and Julia...

So glad....as you wouldnt believe ,that you like them!!!!Ok they're watercolour and coloured pencil,with lots of collage, on top!!!,then a layer of pva and more collage and then more watercolour....thats how they sort of creep up on me!!!! Am sending a copy to Stephen to take orders at Baltimore!!!! Go Nats do it too!!! (Thanks Stephen!!!!)have tried to post some more b/w images but have had a memory transplant overnight.....am pouring a wine now to see if it comes back!!!!!
Thanks all!
Suzi x

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 930
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 4:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi, hope you don't mind, but I had a look at your first image and here's my thoughts:

I see faces, faces and faces, then I see a face that slowly ruptures into a torso, and the breasts and stomach explode in a series of vicious cuts and thrusts; so the breasts are the eyes and the stomach is the mouth… of course they are, that’s why he stabbed them there.
He is feeding on the images, he takes his nourishment there, poor baby, suckles on the breast through his mouth, mother bends and kisses him with her mouth, the nourishment comes from the belly to the breasts and then into his mouth. The torso is a face, the face is a torso.
The banner headlines are like those headbands the Jihad killers strap to their foreheads before they go and blow up innocents, people who have nothing to do with their special project, just plain old people who just get killed because they are there. They occupy space which is required for the bigger picture. The artist needs some red paint.
The whole is like a zebra skin, you peer and see stripes, cleverly assembled to dismantle the whole, so that predators do not see that whole only the stripes which hide the true image, but then you peer closer and you see the fleas, lice and other vermin that itch at that skin.
An enjoyable image that provokes much thought.

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 587
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 3:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everybody
AP - Wow I'm seriously flattered!! I'm so excited by your interpretation of my humble efforts to sum up the horror and chaos of the thing,so much so that I'm starting on a new one later this am!!!Have got a series of black and white collages which I'm struggling to post,will carry on trying!!!
Thanks again
Cheers
Suzi

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 932
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 1:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is something very iconographic in the second image, I think quite similar to the coffin and mummy art of the Ptolemaic Pharaohs where the classic Egyptian art form was bastardised and corrupted by the European invaders… not to say that this image is either bastardised or corrupted, though considering the subject matter that would be no criticism, in fact it would probably be accolade. Perhaps I feel this because the image is linking two quite different time arenas, that of the Late Victorian Period and that of today, hence just as the Ptolemaic art reflected the passing of one age into another, so perhaps does this image.
There is also something coffin-like about the structure and design of the image, as if we are staring at the tail-end of a coffin as it disappears into the ground - get prepared to spit, Joe! - and why when I haven’t even seen a title or anything like that do I think it is Mary Kelly in that coffin?
Iconographic art is all to do with gates, arches and buildings, the image always being framed by a structure and almost always associated with death, the house of death so to speak… personally I like to see the frame of an icon as the frame of a mirror so when I peer inside I am always shocked to see someone else reflected there. I guess the man who did the killing would have been the same.
It’s probably my wild and vivid imagination but I do see bats in the image, crawling with their little bright eyes aglow in the pleasure of death and darkness, surely that is one I see just above the arch, peering greedily down at the tortured face?
I must stop drinking this over-proof white rum.

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3022
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 1:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From Suzi:

Stephen P. Ryder, Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 588
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 2:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

THANKS STEPHEN YOU'RE A STAR!!!!!
hope they're ok....the real things are A3 in size and quite odd.... No 1 is a sort of Millers court yesterday and today....conglomeration of the court and the car park...strangely cos I'm such a nebie...this also appears as no 5!!! Right No 2....is such an odd thing...just tore out a 'knife shape' from a photo I had of a side alley in Whitechapel....and there it was.... the phantom of Whitechapel!!!
No 3...Welll this one is of Mitre Sq. and the Double event....of course with the letters...isnt it odd that it looks like the statue of liberty!!! totally unintentional....but it worries me....its sort of very 9/11
No 4 Is of course dear old Liz!!! look carefully to see Liz's face in the alley
Sorry if this all sounds a bit presumptious.....its not honest!!!!! just how they happened!!!!
Looking forward to your thoughts!!!!
Stephen
have emailed you re painting at Baltimore!!!....Thanks again for this !
Cheers
Suzi

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2208
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 4:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi

I'll have to digest these latest ones. Just to say that I too liked the door (though I can't make out any bats).

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 589
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 4:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert and AP

Lets get that white rum out eh!!!!!
Have spent the day toiling over the colour copier that is my life!!! and you wont believe the stuff that's come out of it!!!! David Hockney eat you heart out!!!! Anyway have sent the paintings to Stephen on snail mail for the Baltimore Con.....shame we couldn't all be there!!!!ah well next year......destination as yet in the ether!!!!!!..Nats ....what do you think??!!!!
Thanks for all your support chaps!!! well needed and well used!!!
Cheers
Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 590
Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Leanne!!!!
Loved the drawing!!!!! take Nats advice and do the Joe one!!!!! looking forward to it!!!! will do one too and we'll see what comes up !!!!!
This is great....keep it going chaps!!!! it cheers me up!!!
Cheers
Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 591
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 3:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

come on chaps.....
What about putting a book together (talk to Robert C Linford!!) I think its a brilliant idea....a small. little 'pocket' book of images,come on AP what do you think ??? are we all up for it!!!Cheers Suzi

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.