Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Andrei Chikatilo Russia's Citizen X Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Shades of Whitechapel » Serial Killers » Andrei Chikatilo Russia's Citizen X « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

M.Mc.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 4:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Andrei Chikatilo Russia's Citizen X. In 8 years he killed 52 victims. They had been raped and mutilated. The young victims who took the train. While the case was caught up in Russian red tape, the slaught went on. All because Russia did not want to have the world know it had a problem found mostly in the USA. If by chance you find the HBO movie staring Donald Sutherland. My advice is to get it. Here are some links to check out...

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/notorious/chikatilo/coat_1.html

http://www.geocities.com/woodenspoon.geo/horror52.html

http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/streiber/273/chikatilo_mo.htm

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 859
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 3:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Watch out for Chikatilo - he sounds like a chewing gum doesn't he? - as he was one of those killers who did the magical transfer bit, much like Chase and Pitchfork, and I for one do not believe that 'rape' ever took place.
I also do strongly feel that the Russian police took every unsolved murder they had on their books and threw it in the path of the deeply insane and slow moving Chikatilo.
I've watched his trial many times and I think towards the end he was confessing to the extinction of the dinosaurs and the murder of JFK.
Chikatilo was a homicide detective's dream come true.

M.Mc.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 4:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I believe you make a good point about the Russian police. No I think you make a GREAT point about the Russian police. I believe he killed many but like you said, they may have tacked a few onto his file he didn't kill just to close cold cases. They put the guy into a cage in the court room. Like what did they think he was going to kill someone in the court room?

Aw, the Russian's don't do things without drama do they? Usually just to make a point to others. Thanks for the post I wasn't sure anyone would notice I put it up here.

Dan Norder
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 1:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, I don't think Chikatilo was insane at all. A lot of psychopaths decide to play crazy after they were caught to try to gain sympathy, play the system, get more attention and so forth. Strange how he was perfectly sane and rational in his family life and when caught and leading the police to the crime scenes but went all ranting and raving later. So very convenient.

I'm not sure why AP thinks no rape happened, as sexual satsfaction was clearly his primary goal. But then AP pretty much doesn't believe most examples of killings caused by drastic deviant sexual feelings.

Chikatilo is a nice example of an organized killer who defies most of the modern myths about serial killers. He was older than the standard profile would suggest, married, carried on for decades, killed males and females, etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Rostov Ripper is one of the cases to study if you want to wrap your mind around the potential of what Jack the Ripper may have been like. After all, he tricked casual prostitutes (and others) into leaving with him and then killed and mutilated them, often taking parts... which he ate.

M.Mc.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2004 - 6:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan,
I'm sort of confused by some of your post. Most the "insain" remarks. I think you might have misunderstood that I was picking on the Russain court for putting Chikatilo in a cage in the court room. I agree with you that the word "insain" is too harsh for this man as well as JTR. More like they let their anger, sexual problems and/or other problems take over. There are people who cut themselfs for what they call "release" I'm not sure what the heck they mean by that. However a muti-killer gets their "release" by taking others lives. Most of the time killings such as these are sexual. Other killers such as the "Zodiac" I believe killed the couples and the tax driver out of more hate than anything else. After reading his letters he seem to hate everything in the world around him. Part of the Zodiac's problem seems to be sexual but there is more to it than that. Unlike Jack the Ripper who just killed hookers. The Zodiac killed lovers and a taxi driver. The lovers had to do with his sexual problems and problems with women period. While killing the taxi driver it's clear was more of his other problems. Also threating the school kids on the bus pretty much tells us this man hates any type of love. He knew people who didn't even have kids would be upset by these threats. Everyone was afraid they would be his next targets. He put fear in everyone and that's what he wanted. I think Chikatilo was a bit like the Zodiac in the fact his targets rode the trains. I do however have to agree that the law in Russian likely added some cold cases on to his tally just so they could wrap everything up in one big package. Makes since to me since that's been Russia's MO for a long time. They have become better in the human rights camp but they still have a long way to go.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.