Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through March 02, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Shades of Whitechapel » Harold Shipman » Archive through March 02, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

LOUISE BROWN
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 6:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah,

Well, you certainly all seem to have opinions on why Fred Shipman did what he did, but you're not too keen on mine for some reason...........

What I find really ASTONISHING is the way some of you seem to be 'puzzled' as to what I mean when I say Dr Shipman was not violent, as if you think that were you to admit to the fact, you would be exonorating him in some way.

No one is making excuses for what he did, but he definitely deserved understanding and compassion based on the circumstances of his life and character; and he should have got it from those people who are supposed to be above the attitude of some of the comments I have read on here.

Dr Shipman was more to be pitied. He was a clever doctor who studied and worked hard for his position in life, and the tragic outcome of his emotional trauma has been a waste of a good doctor.

Louise

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 639
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Louise,

For the second time, YOU are the only one guessing why he committed his crimes, not us. I certainly don't care to be honest why, I just glad he's gone.

He DIDN'T deserve anything more than he got and certainly not any compassion. He didn't care about killing innocent people so why should anyone care about him.

You still have no proof that his mother's death was the cause of him killing people. Loads of people witness loved ones dying and yet they don't go off killing others.

He also certainly wasn't overcome with emotional trauma, as you put it, when he was killing his patients and he 'doctored' his files which shows that he had complete control over what he was doing.

Sarah

Monty
Chief Inspector
Username: Monty

Post Number: 733
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Louise,

Do me a favour. Go show the words you posted today to the 300 or so victims families of Dr Shipman.

Then talk to them about compassion.....about pity.

Let me know how you get on.

The excuses you give (and you are giving excuses) for this man killing are poor and, well inexcuseable.

Of course, you are free to air your views.

As am I to mine.

And the still living victims of Dr Death are free to theirs.

Whos really matters ?

Monty

Michael Raney
Detective Sergeant
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 83
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,

Bravo!!!! What can I add to that? Well, you know me, I'm gonna try.

Louise,

There are events in all of our lives that are unpleasant at best and absolutely horrible at the worst. Yes, these events shape us. In the majority of people, good people, these events make us stronger and better people. I truly believe that we are not given more than we can bear. If the events in our lives make us become murderers, than we are responsible for letting it happen. We should not need the pity or compassion of others. We should except the consequences of our actions. Fate and Karma have a strange way of taking care of things.

Respectfully,
Mikey

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 739
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 6:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Heard on the news today that he was cremated and there were only a handful of mourners present including his wife of course. If I'd found out what monster I had married I think I'd want to go just to make sure he was dead. I don't know how his wife felt about him though so I'm just giving my opinion.

Sarah

Louise Brown
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 8:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seeing as he wasen't a 'monster', his wife loved him.........

Louise

Ally
Inspector
Username: Ally

Post Number: 303
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lots of women are stupid. Lots of women love men who are monsters. Women love men who beat them, women love men who get their jollies slaughtering women and children. The fact that his wife loved him, doesn't prove that he wasn't a monster.

And yes, he was.

Monty
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 788
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Ashes to ashes,
Dust to dust,
If the good Lord dont get ya,
Then the Devil must !"

Was a Monster, wasnt a monster,

Ahh, dont matter....WAS a murderer.

Monty

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 744
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 12:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Louise,

What part of the fact he murdered many, many people don't you understand? It doesn't matter how he did it or why, all that matters is that he did. Do you think that if we ever found out who Jack was and he turned out to have had some sort of emotional stress or something that we'll all go "there, there". I don't think so.

Monty,

Good poem!!

Sarah

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2156
Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 1:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Louise, how did you manage to post a message less than 25 words long?

What happened to Shipman at 17 is no excuse for a lifetime of murder.

He wasn't so screwed up that he couldn't manage the long years of study required to become a doctor.

Robert

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 751
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 5:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert, 25 word rule has been dropped.

Michael Raney
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 131
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Louise,

I think you might need to get some counseling. Or is it possible that you are his Missus or another family member? In which case, you absolutely must have some counseling.

Respectfully,
Michael Raney

Rosa
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 4:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay folks;
I would have thought this horse had been flogged to death by now!
Frankly speaking, shirley something else is going on? I suspect Louise is only yanking chains.
Rosa.

Caroline Anne Morris
Chief Inspector
Username: Caz

Post Number: 793
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rosa,

Well it had crossed my mind.

But like Mikey said, perhaps Louise might benefit from a spot of counselling. Posting (anonymously or otherwise) on a ripper website when you have no obvious interest in the subject, and with the sole purpose of yanking the chains of total strangers, would be as much a case for treatment IMHO as expressing sympathy for the devil.

Love,

Caz

(Message edited by Caz on February 27, 2004)

LOUISE BROWN
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 8:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caroline Anne Morris & Co,

You are absolutely right! I have no interest whatsoever in 'long gone' Jack the Ripper.

I suggest you do not post about Dr Shipman if you do not wish people to contribute to the discussion.....

This thread was started by yourself, so you can hardly complain if someone comes along and points a few things out to you that may not have previously occured to you regarding him.

And no, he wasn't a 'monster'. Unlike 'your' Jack.........

Louise

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 783
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Louise,

If you think the purpose of this board is to justify Jack's actions then you are very much mistaken. Yes he was a monster just like Harold Shipman and any other murderers.

You are entitled to your own opinion but you also have to let others have their opinion too. Personally I cannot see what why you think Harold Shipman's murders can be justified in any way.

I was also curious as to how you found your way onto this site in the first place if you have no interest in Jack the Ripper?

Sarah

Michael Raney
Inspector

Post Number: 152
Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 1:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah,

Don't bother. She obviously has some issues to deal with and she doesn't seem to want our advice. I would suggest that we ignore her from now on.

Mikey

Caroline Anne Morris
Chief Inspector
Username: Caz

Post Number: 808
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 3:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Louise,

No complaints from me. You are obviously entitled to post whatever you like with Stephen’s approval.

Along with the counselling, you might also benefit from reading what people have actually written. It would save you a bit of time and energy.

But that’s entirely your choice.

Mikey, your advice is sound and I will now be taking it.

Love,

Caz

(Message edited by Caz on March 02, 2004)

Monty
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 820
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 5:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You guys may ignore...but...

Louise,

Jack wasnt a monster. His mother died a violent death when he was young. That coupled with the beatings he received from his father made him a victim of circumstance.

His fathers use of prostitutes in front of him was bound to have an effect. The situation was created by others you see...not Jacks fault at all.

Ok he used a knife, slightly different MO from Dr Shipman. This isnt on is it? I mean, the syringe is a far more Gentlemanly piece of kit...more paletable. But hey, the victims were almost the same. Easy, defenceless targets.

So tell me again, whats the difference between Shipman and Jack ?

Monty

LOUISE BROWN
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 9:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sarah Long,

Just to satisfy your curiosity as to how I found this site, in case you think I am ignoring you.........I was surfing for up to date info on the very sad suicide of Dr Shipman, and your site was on a list. Actually, I find it quite sad that you should put Dr Shipman and Jack (or any other serial killer) you have in mind, together on the same board, which brings me to the comment of Monty at the end of his post.

Monty,

If you can't see the difference between Dr Fred Shipman and Jack the Ripper, then it is very much YOU who needs the COUNSELLING!

And incidentally, I always thought no one really knew the true identity of J the R.......So I would be careful of spreading 'false information' on here in case someone reads it and takes it as truth.

Everything I have said about Dr Fred Shipman and the death of his mother from cancer when he was 17 years old, and having to see her have regular injections of morphine, plus his devastation at her death, is FACT.

You may not feel sympathy for him, but there are some who are sensitive enough to see through what all this was about and realise how sad and tragic it was, and also see how it was a waste of a good doctor who (at heart) really desired to do good.

Louise

Monty
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 827
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Louise,

After reading your latest offer, Yeah I need counselling.

No, no one does know the true identity of Jack. You missed my point and Im too tired to go through it again. OK, another tact, what if Jack turns out to be formed from the same set of circumstances Shipman experienced ?

Seeing as you are reluctant to answer my question regarding the differences between the two murderers I can only conclude cannot answer my question.

Your last paragraph sums it up for me.

Monty
:-)

PS So I would be careful of spreading 'false information' on here in case someone reads it and takes it as truth. That a threat ? I dont take kindly to being threatend.....and if you state that what Ive put on my post is false information then I would like you to prove it. Put up or...

See, you dont read Patsy's book without picking up a thing or 2 !

(Message edited by monty on March 02, 2004)

Sarah Long
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 797
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Louise,

what all this was about and realise how sad and tragic it was

Yes I agree. It was terribly sad and tragic but only for the victim's families.

You seem not to care about the victim's families and that is the most terrible thing. If you want to feel sorry for anyone I suggest these people, not the monster who killed their loved ones.

In order to take a person's life a person must have no soul. Thats is how I see it. Harold Shipman had no soul and no heart. If he did, he wouldn't have killed those innocent people.

Sarah

Chris Michetti
Sergeant
Username: Pl4tinum

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 4:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Louise,

If Shipman had never been caught and his mom-dies-teenage-grief-beyond-belief 'story' never exposed, would you feel sorry for him?
Chris

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2185
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 5:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I once heard of a guy who lost his mother when he was about 14. Grief-stricken, he was.

Name of Adolf.

Robert

Tiddley boyar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 2:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No matter what the circumstances of a persons upbringing, it does not give them the right to play God and murder innocent people.
One would expect their disposition if anything to perhaps be more caring towards humanity, so it just goes to show what a heartless, arrogant, murdering little sh1t, Shipman was.
The only decent thing he did was to kill himself and save some taxpayers money as well. Good riddance!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.