Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through November 19, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Maybrick, James » The Diary Controversy » Universal Maybrick thread » Archive through November 19, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3206
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 7:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes that's right I meant it!

Lets try very, very hard to keep to just one thread. As we go off topic so often anyway, well that shouldn't matter.

lets be honest we dont need more than one thread do we?

Jenni
"You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet
Cause my mamma taught me better than that."

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant
Username: Eddie

Post Number: 84
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 8:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni

Thanks. This is Great ! I think this will be the best thread for people who want to know the truth about the Ripper and the Diary. I apologize if my message on the Suspect Thread got off the subject.
My kids want me to post the evidence. But I'm not going to do it. Someone on the Boards advised me to hold it back, and I'm taking his/her advise. But I am going to give a few hints about what has been found.
I'm sure, by now, some of the authors that have the evidence are checking this out very closely. I hope they are working together on this.
My son is an ice hockey goaltender. And he's good. His coach said he has the shapest eye he ever saw. I know exactly what he's talking about, because he has picked stuff out of photos that is just amazing. He can look at certain parts of the photos and read exactly what is says. It is readable if you use a magnifyer, but some is very hard to make out. This past week, he found 3 more messages.
I explained to the kids, I think it would be better for the authors to write another book on this, so I'm not going to spoil anything for them. But a few clues about what will be coming out won't hurt.
They want me to play a little game with the people on the Boards. So here goes.

The first person to find a message that says "MAYS M" will receive a Free 2000 United States Mint Proof Set. Whoever posts exactly where this can be found will be the winner. I don't think anyone's going to find it. It is really hidden in a remote area. But it's there. Plain as day when you know where to look. Good Luck.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Omlor

Post Number: 1893
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 8:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eddie,

Why hold it back? Honestly. Diary World already has too many people talking about stuff without just simply bringing it forward and without ever producing results and without doing whatever is necessary to learn the truth, but just promising that someday....

For most of them I understand that it's just a cheap and easy way to keep the game going and to write and sell more silly books. They don't really believe the thing is real. They are just trying to get a bit of meaningless attention or to salvage what's left of the reputations they had before associating their name with this stuff. They're not even after real money, since there's no way this thing is going to make anyone any real money anymore. Those people have to act mysterious and hint manipulatively at things and play cynical games and not tell the truth about what they know and make claims here and then run away to the pompous and ridiculous world of "confidentiality" and secret squirrel agreements and infinite deferment.

But you believe. You are honest and open and say just what you feel. So put it on the line. I know you want to. You really don't want to fall into the ugly world of secret whispers and paranoia and holding back info and refusing to share openly and honestly whatever you know and all the rest of the pathetic Nixonian behavior that has already claimed so many otherwise decent people who have been contaminated by this whole affair.

Come right out and show the world proudly what you have. You believe in it, be worthy of that belief. Be true to it. Let the readers here judge for themselves. It's the upright thing to do.

I think you're different than the people who play the hint and hide games around here.

I think you're honestly trying to convince the world of a genuinely held position (unlike them).

So do so right here, with your best stuff, and let's see what happens.

Looking forward to the new information,

--John

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 86
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 9:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John

Yes, you may be right. But right now, I know there are people who should get a better look at the photos because they can scan the Originals. This should give them a clearer picture. Whatever we put up here on the Boards will be shot down like a lame duck. Only the people who want to know the truth will see the messages. Others will call it Gravitational Pull of blood spatter etc etc.

Please be patient a while longer and I promise you I'll put 4 or 5 of the clear messages on the Boards. Give it a Little bit of time yet. I want to give the Authors and Publishers a chance first.
I know that it would be a big waste of money for anyone to spend a lot more for testing Ink and paying handwriting experts and scientists to re-examine this thing. I will Definitely put the messages on Before this can happen.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1896
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 9:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Eddie,

Remember, the "authors and publishers" might not be interested in the same things you are.

And, as you prepare this stuff for the boards, avoid at all costs falling into the sad and bitter language of secrecy and lawyers and similar paranoid nonsense. Many respectable people have touched the diary and become infected and it truly is contagious.

I'm sure you will eventually come here first and show the world what you have and let them judge for themselves. And at least some of us will respect you for that.

Thanks,

--John

Phil Hill
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Phil

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 9:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All this hidden messages in photographs stuff is absolute nonsense - and demonstrably so.

If whatever is claimed to be there was present at the crimescene, those who actually went to that physical place would have seen it. had they wished to cover up whatever it was - they certainly would not have photographed it!! if they did, they would have removed the "supposed evidence" or shot from an angle that left it out.

Even if someone had left messages at the scene - they could not have guaranteed they would be photographed.

Only SOME of the photos taken at the scenes have survived so what we have is relatively random (anyone who claims otherwise better prove it by provenence) and the chances that a clue that will solve the case is among them is so astonomically unlikely as to be laughable.

These - I have seen the universe in a pic - posts are so adolescently immature as almost to be funny. It is like authors who assume 9why I can never fathom) that the information which remains is all there was and try to find a solution by joining up the dots between all the pieces.

Don't they realise that what we have left is like a 1,000 piece jigsaw with only 100 pieces left and no picture to guide as as how and where they fit (or even if the belong to the right puzzle); or a palimpsest of material, the original "clues" long over-written by conjecture and hindsight?

This relevalation will go the same way as the pictures in mary kelly's leg of 3 weeks ago, I can assure you it will, magnifiers handy or not!!

Phil

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3211
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil,

spoil sport!!

Jenni

ps five word rule!

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 89
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 9:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John

I understand exactly what you're saying. No, I'm not holding back for any kind of payment or anything like that. Although, I did explain that the kids would like to have their names in the acknowlegements of any book. I don't blame them. They think it would be cool. I don't want my name in there. I'm past that kind of stuff. The main reason, and I don't want to be repetitive here, is that I don't see why anyone should waste money on testing. This evidence is proof about James Maybrick. But I know anyone who has access to the Original Photos can scan these things and get a much clearer picture of what's there. I contacted some people and now they know exactly where to look. If I post the photos, like I said before, it's going to be called all kinds of nonesense. The people who scan the Originals can prove this beyond any doubt.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

p.s. John....I don't have time right now...But maybe this weekend, I'll put 3 scans on the Boards and watch what the people say about it. They'll tear it apart.

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1897
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 9:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eddie,

I'm afraid you have me a bit confused about this "scanning" stuff.

What's the difference between the work produced by "the people who can scan the originals" and the scans that you would put here on the boards?

I honestly don't understand.

Thanks,

--John

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 9:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK I have a little time. Watch them tear this apart. Gravity automatically causes blood to run and form F's and M's and JIMMY's. But nothing else

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 9:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John

The scans I have here are from photos taken out of books. If somebody is writing a book about Jack the Ripper, they can go to the Black Museum , put the photo onto a better scanner(we can only go to 600dpi), and make the messages much clearer.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1898
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Eddie,

Oh, I get it. You are saying that if you scan the original Kelly photo itself (which is at this museum), the scan will be better. OK. I understand now. So you need access to the original photo itself for this purpose, right? Well, I hope you get it.

Anyway, before anyone tears anything apart, you probably want to explain exactly what you are showing us here and where in the photo it is, etc.

Thanks,

--John

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 92
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Phil

100 years ago(and I did post this before, but I can't remember which thread), Police knew nothing about Serial Killers and the way they acted. James Maybrick was way way ahead of the times. He posted the clues everywhere. The Police came into that room and saw one of the most shocking murders ever commited. Blood was everywhere. They didn't have scanners to enlarge the photos. They didn't have forensic experts looking for messages written backwards and upside down. Today, we can do that. And I have to give my kids a lot of credit. They did some great forensic work. The messages we have are mostly mixed in blood spatter. Written upside down and backwards. This man was an animal, but a very smart one. He fooled the Police and many many experts for over 100 years. But now it's over. James Maybrick was Jack the Ripper.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1900
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

On another thread, Caroline Morris has just complained about me and written:

"I've been told I am a bad girl for reminding people of the reason why I won't be bullied into stating my 'position' or expressing an opinion these days, and now I don't have to remind anyone; John does it for me."

But of course, this is not true. In this instance, Caroline herself set her own ethical bar. And then she promptly crawled beneath it.

It was Caroline herself who wrote:

""it would be quite wrong of me to express views, put forward arguments or make claims, directly related to information I am not yet at liberty to reveal."

And yet that's exactly what she did. She came here and made just such a claim. She claimed that some dramatic new twist to the diary investigation took place in late 2003 and changed the case for authenticity. Then she told us that claim was based directly on material she was "not yet at liberty to reveal."

So she clearly and demonstrably did precisely what she said it would be "quite wrong" of her to do. And now she has to dance around this little bit of hypocrisy by suggesting that my pointing it out is somehow "eccentric."

Well, sure, if an expectation of honesty and living by one's own words is "eccentric," then by all means color me odd.

--John

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 93
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi John

Yes, the scan will be better from the Original. I'm sure there are some authors checking it out right now. They have my scans. As for the ones I have on the Board above. The FM is on the table to the right of Mary's Face. The other M is upside down on the wall. Upper Right. JIMMY is aritten above Mary's knee, on the wall. Go up and then to the left. Maybrick's Wedding Date is to the left of JIMMY. He wrote it from bottom to top. When you look at it normally, it looks like a bunch of scribbling. You must turn the photo to the right 90 degrees. Here's the Wedding Date Message. This will be torn apart. I guarantee it.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3213
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

not odd John,eccentric!
get it right!!

Jenni

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1901
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

Either one is fine with me.

-- John

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2344
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

Why did you call Phil a 'spoil sport'?

At least he gave Eddie a genuine taste of what I warned him would happen.

Better than the venus fly-trap treatment any day.

Hi Eddie,

Watch out - Jenni considers it a sport to watch and wait for the trap to spring.

I see a million posts in our immediate future, to keep a certain very bored person fully occupied and thoroughly entertained.

Be warned or be prey - with an eager audience of at least one.

Love,

Caz
X

(Message edited by caz on November 18, 2005)

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1903
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"A see a million posts in our immediate future, to keep a certain very bored person fully occupied and thoroughly entertained."

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1901

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2344

Someday I might catch up.

With envy,

--John

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3214
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,

don't you start!!

YOU know that's not what i meant!

In fact I am being nice here, not one comment about eddies photos.

See

Jenni

Baron von Zipper
Inspector
Username: Baron

Post Number: 253
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do see some writing there. It might's be Jimmy. Then again, it looks like "Eat at Joe's" as well.

Cheers
Mike

"La madre degli idioti è sempre incinta"

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 94
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz

Like I said. I got my helmet on !! Here Goes !!

Yours Truly,

Eddie

p.s. The good stuff will be held back a short while. This is enough to get them buzzing. Sorry Folks.

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3215
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://casebook.org/images/kelly_trad_HUGE.jpg

someone just pointed out to me that this exists on the casebook, which maybe Eddie would like to look at

Jenni
ps i am clearly the most bored

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2345
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok a million words then.

I bet no one could catch up with Mr Very-Bored if we went by number of words typed.

Sorry Jenni, I thought you were suggesting this was 'sport' and that Phil was spoiling it for you. I must have misunderstood what you meant.

It's hard to concentrate with Mr Very-Bored waiting to pounce at every turn.

And yes, he has managed to mention the unmentionable again. Wind him up and off he goes.

Love,

Caz
X

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3216
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,
agreed bad choice of phrase, apologies.

Jenni

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1904
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

More silliness, but still no explanation for why she contradicted her very own rules. And, of course, no admission of her own hypocrisy after deliberately making a claim based on material she herself says she cannot discuss.

Ah, well. When you have no defense concerning the substance of the matter, I guess caricature is all that's left.

Meanwhile, at least Eddie has the guts to put his information here for us all to see.

Good for him,

--John

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3217
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,

this was a good idea huh?

Jenni

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1905
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

Absolutely.

Thanks,

--John

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 95
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni

Yes. I saw that one on another thread. It's too blown up to show any detail. I'm not the one that can bring the detail out. My daughter knows how to do it. Plus, my son's "supernatural eyesight" helps alot. Tony finds the messages, then Lara scans them somehow. The thing that gets me is this. Tony knows about the Ripper and James Maybrick, but Lara doesn't. She's the one that scans where Tony sees the writing. I let Her tell me what it says. And it always has something to do with James Maybrick. If these are some kind of mirages, why doesn't she tell me it says something like George Washington or Casper the Ghost or Marilyn Monroe. It's always something with James Maybrick.
Here's an example. The message that I'm giving a proof set away to the first person that finds it. I showed the photo to Tony yesterday. I said, "Does this look like writing?" He looked at it and said, almost immediately Mays M. I was shocked! I thought he was kidding. Lara scanned that part of the photo. She blew it up, but only a little bit. The damn thing says MAYS M !! It sounds crazy, but it's true. They also found BUNNY 3 times and , I know you won't believe this, but part of Maybrick's signature. The K looks like the one on the watch and wedding license. It can't be scanned. Too faint. But even I can see it when Tony points out where it is. Anyone that does some extra homework is going to find these clues. If 2 teenagers can do it, I'm sure alot of experts can find this stuff easily.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni

Here's the scan of the Maybrick Wedding Message. I told Lara to write over what she scanned. She knows nothing about Maybrick or his July 27 Wedding Date. This is her scan and her writing over what she saw.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 97
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whoops !! The picture didn't load. Hang on a minute.

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 98
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, Caz

Yes, they are going to tear me apart here. But I don't care because it's all in fun. I know who Jack the Ripper is. I'm not going to argue with anyone about it.
Does anyone remember Tidley? He seemed like a nice fellow, but maybe he was a little bit too misunderstanding. He got p==ed off and doesn't post anymore. Some people take the ribbing too seriously. Me.....If I'm not getting screamed at by my wife, then it's the kids that are doing it. Calling me senile and old fashioned. But, they do it for fun. And that's why I'm here. I have a lot of fun reading what people have to say about this subject. I've been interested in the Ripper for many years. And I'm still very interested in this guy. He scared the crap outta me since I was a kid. Knowing who he really is will just keep me more interested by reading up on him as much as possible.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Phil Hill
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The other M is upside down on the wall.

How can you tell that? Why cannot it be a "W" right way up?

Phil

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 99
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil

Look at it. Maybrick has a way of curving the right side of the M. There's a message above it that is also written upside down, but it's too small to be scanned. It says MAYS F . He was a Serial Killer. He loved his little games. He made a fool out of the Police. At this point, he was writing everything upside down. I'm sure he was laughing about this all the way back to his Diary.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 100
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil

Here's one that he wrote right side up. It's on the Table next to Mary's Face. Compare the right side of the M. He rounds it off at the top. Not all the time. But compare the 2 photos and you'll see what I mean.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 101
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil

This is it for today. I gotta get moving here. This M is under the 27, which is another wedding date he posted. Look at the M again. It has a certain style to it. This one isn't as rounded as the others though.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1908
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 2:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bravo, Eddie.

Already I can honestly say that your evidence is as persuasive as any I've ever seen when it comes to the diary being something other than a cheap modern hoax.

In fact, at least you've come here and actually offered some evidence in favor of your position, which is more than I can say for those involved in the famously non-productive secret squirrel diary investigation.

They've had more than ten years and offered us nothing but rumors.

Already you're one up on them.

Keep posting those scans.

--John

Baron von Zipper
Inspector
Username: Baron

Post Number: 254
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 3:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's say these letters are the real deal. It could say M2 is greater than JulyR. Without the diary it means nothing. With the diary it means... nothing.

Thank goodness the authorities didn't see the fresh, bloody message, or we'd have another thread out here regarding the translation of Jack's messages... Did I speak too soon?

Cheers
Mike

"La madre degli idioti è sempre incinta"

Phil Hill
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 4:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's difficult to have a conversation with the delusional.

You have to PROVE maybrick was the writer, BEFORE you can allege he wrote in a certain way.

Moreover, I have still not had an answere to my question, why complicate things by saying a "W" is an "M" upside down, when it could just be a "W" - and the only justification for the more complex explanation is your pre-existing theory.

This is all logical nonsense. Wake up (and that is NOT a way of saying Make up) and apply commonsense, please.

A totally unconvinced

Phil

Phil

Phil Hill
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 4:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I missed this.

James Maybrick was way way ahead of the times. He posted the clues everywhere.

A statement without a shred of evidence to back it up.

The Police came into that room and saw one of the most shocking murders ever commited. Blood was everywhere. They didn't have scanners to enlarge the photos.

They didn't need scanners. THEY were in the room and could get as close to the walls etc as they wished. Why do you suggest they missed anything?

They didn't have forensic experts looking for messages written backwards and upside down.

But they were relatively intelligent men, who if they saw writing upside down were likely to have tried to decypher, read and interpret it.

And I have to give my kids a lot of credit. They did some great forensic work.

No they didn't. They claim to have seen something in a bad copy of an old photo - nothing knew in that.

The messages we have are mostly mixed in blood spatter.

Prove that from a black and white print of a photo. You cannot know as a fact what it might have been written in, assuming anything was.

He fooled the Police and many many experts for over 100 years.

Well someone is certainly fooling you.

James Maybrick was Jack the Ripper.

Not on any evidence you or anyone else has advanced to date. That is simply an unsubstantiated statement of belief, not a fact. I can equally say, and with more evidential backing: James Maybrick was NOT Jack the Ripper.

Phil

Edited for clarity.

(Message edited by Phil on November 18, 2005)

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1575
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 4:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eddie,
I would love to know the real identity of 'Jack the Ripper' I can speculate till doomsday about my suspect but till definate proof comes long it is just my instinct and forty years experience of intrest.
if you and your familys sightings on photographs can be positively identified as not illusions in the mind of the beholder, and it is a definate fact that the words Bunny, wedding dates etc , etc, are clearly visable on these exhibits, then sir you will be named as part of a team that will go down in history that has finally laid this mystery to rest.
However yours truely will have to have absolute proof and if so six months converlescence in the Bahammas to get over the shock.
Regard Richard.

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 102
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 5:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard

Thank You. From my kids too!! Best thing for you to do is get the photo from Shirley Harrison's book. Read the posts I have where to find the writing. It is better when you look in person and not at a scan on the computer. You'll find them. They are right in front.

Phil

I said before. I'm not going to argue. I know who Jack the Ripper was. And I understand that there are plenty of people who don't want to know. It's like the Loch Ness Monster. I'm not trying to make people believe me. I'm just showing people what we found and let them decide for them selves. Me......I'm going to do more research on James Maybrick. And also, the Diary. It may have been written by someone who knew James was the Ripper.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 103
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 5:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John

I thank you, also. This evidence will only help people who want to learn who Jack the Ripper really was.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 104
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 5:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Before I leave to watch the kid jump in front of hockey pucks, here's another one that we are working with.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Phil Hill
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 2:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I said before. I'm not going to argue. I know who Jack the Ripper was.

Such a modest, unassuming, scholarly approach. I like people who show doubt.

Quite honestly pride comes before a fall - and we've seen many such claims before. At least a couple on this site.

In any case, even if the alleged scrawls do prove "real" (which I doubt - since you are working from a print not the original plate "proof" that is widely acceptable may turn out to be more difficult to obtain than you seem to think) would that demonstrate that Maybrick
had killed more than MJK?

I'm just showing people what we found and let them decide for them selves.

You sound like those old-time circus owners who had bearded ladies (that weren't) and "mermaids" made up from scraps etc.

Me......I'm going to do more research on James Maybrick.

Why do you need to?

And also, the Diary. It may have been written by someone who knew James was the Ripper.

So you don't think that the Diary is genuine?? Interesting!!

Can I ask - just how well have you researched the JtR case, let alone Mr M? Are your foundations solid?

I know of no field of endeavour where someone has entered without some previous expertise, who has revolutionised that subject. I seriously doubt that you will be the first.

Phil

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 105
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 8:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good Morning, Phil

The latest. I now know the Diary is real. Three of the "B"'s where Maybrick wrote BUNNY are identical to the "B"'s in the Diary. I'm sure a few of the authors that have the scans are checking it right now. Also, Maybrick has a very distinct "Y". For example, where we found 2 of the BUNNY and PIGGY messages, the "Y"s look very much like some of the "Y"s in the Diary. This Diary can definitely be proven to be written by Maybrick without any more expensive Ink tests. We will have to wait. I think Shirley will have a new book about this soon. She has access to the Original photos. All she has to do is match up the scans I sent her and this thing is over.

Yours Truly

Eddie

p.s. I'm going to re-scan some of the evidence. But I'm not going to do any adjusting like my daughter did. No Brightness or Contrast. Exactly as they look in the books. I'll re-post them maybe sometime this weekend. Here's one now. Tell me if you think this is blood flow or spatter.

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 107
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 9:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard and John

What I'm going to do for you people is re-post some of these messages. Then I'm going to tell you Exactly where they are on the photos. You must have the "Diary of Jack the Ripper". Hard Cover for the first few photos. The other photos are in the Philip Sudgen book.(My previous post with the FM is from the Sudgen book). If you don't have that one, I'll post the part of the photo where the Initials are very clear. The ones I'm posting can be seen with the naked eye. I'll have to tell you which way to turn the book to find them. Most are written normally.(left to right). The scans will not be enhanced or modified in any way. They will be exactly as on the photos. Except for some enlargement. This may take a little while. I'll try to get one or 2 up this weekend.
Next week, I'm going to try to scan BUNNY and PIGGY from the wall. Mostly to compare the Y's and B's which are very similar to those in the Diary. I'm very busy weekends, so please be patient.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 108
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 9:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phil

Yousaid, "Quite Honestly, Pride comes before a fall".

I'm not proud about confirming Shirley's book. But, I am proud of my kids coming up with this great evidence.

I changed my mind about the arguing. I will gladly jump in there and Do It !!

Yours Truly,

Eddie}}

Mr Poster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 8:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ho Eddie Derrico

I genuinely dont mean to be rude but you're making a stick for own back if you try and go down the route of what people can or cannot see in MJK photos (strangely enough, no body ever seems to see anything in any of the other photos).

Are you quite sure you can see something without any digital enhancement, eye squinting, grimacing or any perception altering chemicals?

Mr P

Mr Poster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 8:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ho Eddie Derrico

I genuinely dont mean to be rude but you're making a stick for own back if you try and go down the route of what people can or cannot see in MJK photos (strangely enough, no body ever seems to see anything in any of the other photos).

Are you quite sure you can see something without any digital enhancement, eye squinting, grimacing or any perception altering chemicals?

Mr P

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.