Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Universal Maybrick thread Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Maybrick, James » The Diary Controversy » Universal Maybrick thread « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 19, 2005Eddie Derrico50 11-19-05  9:36 am
Archive through November 24, 2005John V. Omlor50 11-24-05  6:36 pm
Archive through November 28, 2005Eddie Derrico50 11-28-05  7:09 am
Archive through December 12, 2005Donald Souden50 12-12-05  10:25 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Omlor

Post Number: 1950
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Don,

You've learned a valuable lesson.

It's sad but true,

--John

PS: And it's not over -- you're going to get a clarification of that clarification in the form of self-defense soon enough.

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant
Username: Eddie

Post Number: 142
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 6:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi People

I just want to thank Jenni for her hard work. Especially because she's in the middle of some serious college stuff.
But if the tests come out inconclusive again, I'm going back to the Walter Sickert Threads.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2409
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 4:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Don,

I'm sorry if I offended you, but your own words cried out for attention.

You wrote:

No question that Jenni has demonstrated outstanding negotiating skills in getting acceptance for a second series of Diary tests...

That patently implied that Robert Smith had been resisting further tests and only succumbed because of Jenni's exceptional powers of persuasion. (From Robert's point of view that must have been about as 'lighthearted' as raging toothache. )

If you didn't mean that, what did you mean?

The opposite is in fact true. Jenni offered to help last year after Robert Smith stated publicly that he would release the diary with no strings attached for any tests that could be arranged. Jenni was the catalyst for Dr. Platt's work, and will be the catalyst for further testing.

John tried to make monkeys out of his readers with his grudge-fuelled propaganda machine. But I thought it had choked on the truth and its own spleen long ago. No wonder he wants me to shut up, now he's seen a glimmer of that propaganda still having its way with an esteemed poster such as yourself. He must be rubbing his hands in delight.

If you have any doubts at all, don't take it from me (and certainly not from John), but ask Jenni via email if she needed any negotiating skill whatsoever to get 'acceptance' for further tests.

Love,

Caz
X

(Message edited by caz on December 13, 2005)

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3305
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 7:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Before you kill each other,
no - no arm twisting required
"Does a 'ton up' on his sleigh? Do the fairies keep him sober for a day?"

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 7:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's fun being psychic.

--John

Jeff Leahy
Inspector
Username: Jeffl

Post Number: 341
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 9:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seasonal greetings, good cheer to all men and women, etc etc.

Jenni, I'm hoping you received Trevor Hobley's phone number. I think he may have some contacts that may be useful to you..cant do any harm to give him a buzz over yoel tide.

Good tidings we bring....

Xmas psychic cheer Jeff

Simon Owen
Inspector
Username: Simonowen

Post Number: 273
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 9:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey - its the 14th tomorrow ! And we know what that means !

Another year over , same old Diaryworld !

Donald Souden
Chief Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 895
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 9:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,

Whatever. Word. Word.

Don.
"He was so bad at foreign languages he needed subtitles to watch Marcel Marceau."

Tiddley boyar
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 6:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not sure how to start a new thread and been off the site a while now (over a year! and nothings changed on here!), but does anyone know if Colin Wilson frequents this site? or what he is up to at the moment?
I tried via snail mail thru' his agent to contact him, but have no way of knowing if he received the letters.

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3366
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tiddley Boyar!!!!
Xmas has come early.

To answer your question, i am sorry no idea!
"I won’t die, of deception"

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3518
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 2:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,

now my essays are both finally finished after much dilly dallying around i thought i should make a comment as i said i would and thus far have been rather a little pre - occupied (my apologies for that)

Anyway - the sum of money that we have to work with (being around £500) would appear to be too little to substantiated any commercial tests.

that is not to say i will not continue to look into the matter of what can be done, particularly bearing in mind the free nature of the previous tests I sort.

Naturally it would be foolish to make any sort of promise in relation to this matter at this stage

again sorry for the delay but I did have to get the old essays done and it was Xmas etc!

Jenni
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1956
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 7:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks, Jenni.

Well, that certainly tells me all I need to know.

And I guess your report about says it all concerning the diary and what people really think, too.

So it looks like the future will probably look much like the past.

Still nothing new, still nothing real.

I wish you good luck in searching for other possibilities and in making any further arrangements.

I'm ever hopeful, but never surprised,

--John

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.