Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through November 07, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Maybrick, James » The Diary Controversy » A discrediting ploy? » Archive through November 07, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Omlor

Post Number: 1837
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

I love it too.

Caroline,

I truly admire your talent for flame-fanning. Honest. But, despite the fact that you haven't quite got the order of things, I don't think I'll play with you.

The record of what has and has not been done with this book during the last decade remains clear for all to see.

I'm quite happy with my position on that record as it has been stated.

Thanks for visiting,

--John

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1838
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 1:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey all,

Well, I'm bored and it's raining, so I might as well correct another of Caroline's little trolls while I'm here.

She says about me, "Without even contacting Robert privately, to ask what progress, if any, Paul Begg had made with McCrone, John suddenly took it upon himself to libel Robert publicly..."

Putting aside the question of whether or not what I wrote in a PS to a post about tennis on the Pub Talk thread was really libellous, let me just clarify something. Caroline is technically correct when she says I wrote that PS without contacting Robert privately. Of course, Robert wasn't making the arrangements (or trying to) -- Paul Begg was. And I did contact him.

In fact, the time line goes something like this: Paul takes over at the beginning of August, 2002 -- I wait and finally decide to find out for myself what progress is being made a full seven months later. So I write to Paul and ask. I then exchange four long e-mails with him on the 12th and 13th of February, 2003 discussing this matter. I still have all those e-mails. It was only after that -- in fact over four months later, in July, that I wrote what I did on the boards and was promptly threatened with legal action, along with the Casebook.

Here's a question. Does anyone really care about this? Or am I just rising to Caroline's bait in order to entertain the masses? I mean, I don't mind being a dancing chimp for the crowd, but I'd at least like to know someone out there is getting a chuckle out of all this.

Enjoying a rainy and quiet Tuesday having finished all my work early,

--John (happy to oblige)

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3066
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo John,

no I'm pretty confident that no one really cares

yo
Jenni
ps sorry to be negative
"Don't you know it's true what they say, Things happened for a reason,"

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1839
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 2:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

Yeah, me too.

But I'm always willing to do the dance.

No need to apologize,

--John

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3069
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 3:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo John,

what dance? why?
yo yo

Jenni
"Don't you know it's true what they say, Things happened for a reason,"

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1840
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 3:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

Very good questions.

All the best,

--John

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3073
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo John,

no, no

the best questions have answers lol
Jenni
"Don't you know it's true what they say,That life it ain't easy"

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1841
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

Yes. I agree.

-John

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2266
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 7:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Of course, Robert wasn't making the arrangements (or trying to) -- Paul Begg was.

Nice admission.

In other words, Paul tried to do the job John resigned from, ie making all the arrangements for testing - and John knew it and was cool with it.

And still John called Robert what he called him in public, knowing that Robert's role was simply to release the diary as and when Paul (or Jenni or whoever) had successfully negotiated and commissioned suitable new tests.

I always suspected that with so much rope, John would inevitably hang himself one day. I didn't think he would make quite such a precise and efficient - and finally quick and to the point - job of it though.

And only me and Jenni bothered to watch the spectacle, it seems.

Love,

Caz
X

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1847
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 8:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, if you go back and read what I wrote in the post that Robert freaked out about, I didn't call him anything. I attacked the process, specifically as I found it when I wrote and exchanged words about it with Paul. And in those exchanges, Paul was quite clear about Robert's and his position, which I also criticized.

So there's not even a rope in sight.

And still no one (except Caroline) really cares.

That's sort of the state things around here, I guess.

--John

Eddie Derrico
Sergeant
Username: Eddie

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 9:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, John

Yes, there's always trouble in Denmark. And at home . I caught the kids on the Casebook Chat last night using my name. I think they were on because of a photo they wanted to put on the Boards. If anyone was talking to Eddie, Ed, Edward, or the Werewolf last night, please tell me. I want to know what they said. They promised me they didn't say much, but I would like to know if they are holding back on me. Thank You for any help here.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1850
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Eddie,

That's one place I never go, so I can't help you much.

I hope they were saying only kind things.

All the best,

--John

Eddie Derrico
Sergeant

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks ,John. I don't use them either. It's mostly my daughter. She's a little mischievous at times. I don't think any harm was done, so I'm getting back on the Diary Threads. Take Care.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

John Hacker
Inspector
Username: Jhacker

Post Number: 350
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Eddie,

I caught the tail end of the conversation with what must have been your daughter. If I recall correctly she was talking about finding more stuff hidden in the MJK crime scene pic. More FMs and something about a "wedding" I believe.

Best regards,

John

Eddie Derrico
Sergeant

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 1:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, John

Thanks a Million ! That was definitely her. She's in big trouble !! No Dance this weekend.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Sir Robert Anderson
Chief Inspector
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 590
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 2:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"And only me and Jenni bothered to watch the spectacle, it seems. "

Let me put it this way, Caz - on my way to the grocery, I have to pass a guy that lives in a cardboard box under an awning. He smells to high heavens of urine and seems to always be scribbling into a notebook that he holds out to anyone passing in front of his box.

I see that spectacle from the corner of my eye but I don't read those scribbles.
Sir Robert

'Tempus Omnia Revelat'
SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1853
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 3:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And that's precisely the sort of post I love here, because it demonstrates its own truth.

Many thanks Robert,

--John

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2273
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 5:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Sir Robert,

For once I agree with John - I loved your post too.

I think we'll have to leave John to his old delusions that made him want to (as someone else put it more succinctly than I could) grasp the wrong end of the stick so he could beat Robert with it from that day to this.

If John had had the common decency to email Robert and ask for clarification of Robert's position, instead of libelling him on the boards (I'm not going to repeat the libel but I find it breathtaking that John is in denial over what he called Robert - and the offending posts were removed, so no one can go back and see the filth he wrote), he wouldn't still be whining now. But that simple courteous act would have spoiled his funny little attention-seeking game ever since.

Bottom line is that the McCrone tests would probably have gone ahead if only Joseph Barabe had responded to Paul Begg's emailed attempts to establish a dialogue - always assuming that John would have been able to raise the necessary funds of course.

Love,

Caz
X

(Message edited by caz on November 03, 2005)

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1854
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 7:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And still she goes on...

Well, I'm happy to keep talking about all this as if it mattered. I have the written record.

Paul Begg explained Robert's position about McCrone and testing to me at the time in some detail in consecutive e-mails on Thursday, February 13, 2003 12:49 AM and Thursday, February 13, 2003 7:32 AM and he had also explained Robert's official position to me a month before that on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 1:19 PM. So I was fully informed well before I wrote anything about what was and was not happening and what Robert's position at the time was.

Incidentally, every lawyer I consulted provided me with the exact same answer at the time, which was that nothing I wrote was in any way libellous or actionable. And, as I have already said, it was the process and the position that I was criticizing.

And not only am I not "whining" now, I wouldn't even be talking about any of this (I was happy not to yesterday afternoon and evening), except that Caroline has returned to bring it all up again (for reasons that are themselves psychologically fascinating).

And if we want to talk about bottom lines -- I simply repeat the same questions. What is the current date? What date did Robert buy the diary? What has happened and was has not happened to resolve the conflicts that currently exist in the data between that time and this? For what purpose is the diary currently being used in print?

That's the bottom line. That's still where we are after all these many years.

Now here's what's going to happen. Someone is eventually going to come along here (if anyone is still reading) and ask us to please take this to private e-mail as we've both said the same things over and over and we're not going to convince each other of anything. And then Stephen is going to agree and tell us to go to private e-mail with this or to some other site, because this is not the place for this discussion and because he's asked us before not to do this. Caroline is going to beg to be allowed one more post before the thread closes (in the interests of fairness) and say that if she's not allowed a final say "that will speak volumes." She'll then write the same thing all over again, thinking she's making some sort of point, and then the thread will be closed with no one feeling sorry about that at all.

Yes, I've been here before. And it never changes.

Just waiting for the inevitable.

--John

PS: Oh, and then in e-mail Caroline will refuse to discuss it privately, because the point of this is not to discuss it at all, it's to perform in public and receive the appropriate attention.

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant
Username: Maria

Post Number: 101
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 4:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John, Caroline, especially Mr. Poster:

I have posted your analysis to AFI today about all of your graphs and everything you said on these boards. Maybe the scientists the husband and wife you mentioned, will be able to better explain what they did and how they came to the conclusion they have, regarding chloroacetimide in the diary's ink.

As there is NO MORE INK TO SPARE, no more tests are possible, I wonder if there was more ink to spare 3 years ago.

--Maria

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3087
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 4:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YO MARIA,

THANK GOD YOUR BACK I'VE MISSED YOU.

WHAT IS THIS YOU KEEP SAYING ABOUT NO MORE INK TO SPARE? WHAT PURPOSE DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE WITH SPARE INK ANYWAY.

DO LET US KNOW WHAT AFI SAY

YO
Jenni
"Don't you know it's true what they say,That life it ain't easy"

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2283
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 4:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maria,

No one but you is saying - sorry, shouting - that there is NO MORE INK TO SPARE.

If that were true, there would now be 63 blank pages where the writing used to be. Talk sense woman.

Do you deliberately get the wrong end of the stick? If so, it does you no favours because people will just think you're thick.

Love,

Caz
X

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 104
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 8:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caroline:

It was you, who said "There was no more ink to spare" rememember??? or do you have the the leaking memory of a sieve ????

It was you who was taunting me that I hadn't seen the diary and I proved it to you by looking at Shirley's book that indeed there are pages and pages of spare ink that can be taken from, without disturbing the text.

Just exactly like Melvin said there would.

No, I think people like Steve and Chris and the others can see what is going on here...
You were caught up in a lie and now you are trying to get out of it. Not very successfully I may add.

--Maria

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 105
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 8:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caroline:

For your information, words, don't shout or scream. Capital letters is the way I choose to highlight what I wish to say. If you think that is shouting... that is your problem.

Maria

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1863
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 8:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there,

http://casebook.org/cgi-bin/forum/show.cgi?tpc=4922&post=146629#POST146629

Thanks,

--John

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3119
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 9:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

YO!

Hi everyone,

yo John,
I don't get what your pointing too. Give us a clue would you?

yo Caz,

there is more ink to spare ?(though what it needs sparing from, i'm not sure)

YO MARIA,

I THINK THE POINT IS THIS. CAPITAL LETTERS ON THE INTERNET USED TO WRITE WHOLE SENTENCES, INDICATES SHOUTING. IT'S JUST A FACT. NOW IF WE WERE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION IN REAL LIFE I'D HAVE BEEN SHOUTING THIS WHOLE TIME. And Caz is quite right to piont out that you Maria would HAVE BEEN SHOUTING RANDOM WORDS, hence.I mean empahis can be given in several other ways

but its not important.

Perhaps you could be a dear and cite the post where Caroline said there was no ink to spare, for those of us who are brainless, thanks dear

Jenni
"Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry, This could be a case for Mulder and Scully"

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1864
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jenni,

Just an explanation about available ink in the diary.

--John

Mr Poster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 3:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howdy Maria

very good. But as far as my chemistry register reads, there would seem to have been a change of staff at AFI in recent years. Not to say they are not still in contact.

Be interesting to see the opinions.

Mr P

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 108
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 2:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni:

So the headlines news in capital letters in the newspapers are shouting at you then? Ridiculous.

In textbooks... you will see that subjects are highlighted in capital letters to diferenciate them from the rest of a text.

My payment slip, is in capital letters and also enphasised as well. Does this mean that someone is trying to shout at me ? I don't think so...

Why I can't have my own way of expression if I wish, why are you patronizing me as to how I should express myself ?

-Maria

Ally
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Ally

Post Number: 1114
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 2:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maria,

I realize that your intellect is borderline at best, so I will help explain it to you one more time:

On the internet words written in all text is considered shouting.

You have have your own way of expressing yourself if you wish, but you have no one to blame but yourself if the way you choose to express yourself is considered offensive by those viewing it. I am sure that men in trench coats flashing children might use that very same argument: hey why can't I express myself how I choose.

All Caps is shouting on a message board. Tough sh*t if you don't happen to agree with it.

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 109
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 3:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ally:

The analogy you are using, is offensive and vulgar and it has nothing to do with using capital letters at all.

As I said before, I have never considered using capital letters as shouting, merely to highlight and differenciate what I'm trying to say.

So I suppose, I should write to all the newspapers in the world to please write their headlines in small print, because my ears are splitting with their screams! Everyone from now on should write I without a capital letter like Jenni does, just not to give yourself too much importance.

Great intellectual stuff from you Ally.

--Maria

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3132
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 3:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo John,

thanks sorry where is my brain...oh umm...
"Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry, This could be a case for Mulder and Scully"

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3133
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 4:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

.. oh look here it is.

Yo Maria,

I said it once (but deja vu) it appears that wasn't enough times. WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS ON MESSAGE BOARDS ON THE INTERNET IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING. Now i've explained it twice, and Ally's explained it once, do you think you can just accept that and understand why we might get a little offended you WERE SHOUTING?

it's not like there aren't other ways that arent offensive you could have chosen is it?

You have got some nerve to talk to me about being patronising havent you?

i will show you the same courtesy you show me.

Oh and enough about my grammar and spelling already, you sound like Caroline (no offense Caz)

and whilst yo can hardly talk about such things, well neither can I but i guess it hasn't stopped me, so

So I suppose, I should write to all the newspapers in the world to please write their headlines in small print, because my ears are splitting with their screams! Everyone from now on should write I without a capital letter like Jenni does, just not to give yourself too much importance.

Excuse me? what do you mean?

Jennifer

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 111
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 4:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni:

Find your brain...or get a transplant!!!

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3135
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 4:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've found it darling, just answer the question.

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3137
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 5:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo Maria,

what is your problem anyway. You've given me nothing but grief and you know what - I certainly didn't do anything to provoke it. You patronise me and now you chose to insult me. Your blatant disregard for any kind of decency towards me is quite amazing. You spend your time shouting at us, accusing us of lying. generally acting as though i am a child etc. Now you tell me I need a brain transplant.

Is this just because you cannot answer simple questions, or is there some other reason.

Do tell me the vile thing I have done to offend you. Or maybe there's a list, im happy to hear it.

You know what, i haven't had an apology from you yet have i? Maybe now would be a good time to ask for one.

Are you going to apologise?

Jenni

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 112
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 5:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni:

Don't leave home without it....The Brain I mean.

Are you sure you have it stuck on now ? Here it goes... Maybe they should remove all the bill-boards from the highway... Just in case people like you find the gigantic letters extra offensive my dear

so... if someone tells you that letters shout you automatically believe them do you ? No questions asked, you just take for granted.

I see... So if someone tells you that the diary might be genuine, you just fall for it. Are you sure you have your brain on ?

-Maria

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3138
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 5:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maria,

our posts crossed how fun.

yes I beleive 110% that the diary is genuine. I even see the words FM and May on mary kellys crime scne photo. i belive 1190% that james maybrick would have known about the empty tin match box and the sphere guide, he probably had a copy,

could i get any more sarcastic here?
i refer you to my post above.

i'll get back to my essay huh? until you answer

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3139
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 5:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll ask again. What exactly is your problem Birchwood?

And where's my apology?

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 113
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 5:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni:

So if someone tells you that capital letters are offensive, you believe that as gospel truth do you ?

Use your brain dear... I'm not convinced that using capital letters in between a text is shouting. Anymore than yellow is considered a Royal colour in China, or the favourite colour for loonies. Letters do not shout, if you have become conviced of that...you are ripe material for brain-washing!

-Maria

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 114
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 5:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni:

And where is MY appology for provoking me ?

-Maria

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 115
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 6:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni:

Oh ! One more thing Jenni dear.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit in the English language.

-Maria

Maria Birchwood
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 116
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 6:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jenni:

You are coming across as witless.. and brainless.

Just a helpful thought.

-Maria

Ally
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Ally

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 6:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maria,

You are a flaming idiot. Why don't you go somewhere else. Go here:

Read number 1.
http://www.learnthenet.com/english/html/09netiqt.htm

Go here, read the whole thing:

http://email.about.com/cs/netiquettetips/qt/et020801.htm

Go here:

http://randomnetstuff.com/netiquette.html

And now that you have read all that, shut the hell up.

You know, I have put up with a lot of absolute moronic dipshits over the last few years, but you quite frankly rule as king of the dipshits.

To sit there and attack people without even bothering to do the basic research to tell you you are flat out wrong, is so many steps beyond retarded that I am amazed you can manage to dress yourself in the morning.

Here's a thought. In the future, before you shoot your stupid mouth off and make an even bigger idiot of yourself, do a basic search on google to find out just how wrong you are.

Eddie Derrico
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 51
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 7:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Big letters help me with my bicyclefocals. But the real small ones are hard to see.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Steve Swift
Detective Sergeant
Username: Swift

Post Number: 80
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 8:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's the bottom line. That's still where we are after all these many years.

Nope - this is the bottom line: Nobody cares anymore about Ink,degrees or graphs and do you know why?

Because you cannot conduct yourselves in the manner of adults and should be ashamed of the way you are behaving here.

AND just fyi caps on the internet is used both for emphasis AND shouting,although I have to say it is only usually shouting in a chatroom or in a game - on message boards it is usually emphasis.

NOW, do you think we can all return to being adults?
Bill Shankly to a Liverpool fan:
"Where are you from?"
"I'm a Liverpool fan from London."
"Well laddie . . . . What's it like to be in heaven?"

Sir Robert Anderson
Chief Inspector
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 602
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 10:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Mr Norder,Phillips,Radka et al - seriously,you folks need to sort out your personal differences elsewhere instead of peppering the pages of these boards time and again with this nonesense. I mean HOW old are you? "

"Because you cannot conduct yourselves in the manner of adults and should be ashamed of the way you are behaving here. "

"If you detect inflections in the written word then may I suggest it is,in fact,all in your mind."

Lemme see...you've been on the boards a month, and follow posters around, trolling with insults.
You've insulted AP, Glenn, Dan, Phillips, Radka, Julie, Omlor and myself all in the space of 80 posts.

Nice work. That might be a new record.
Sir Robert

'Tempus Omnia Revelat'
SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3140
Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 5:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyway, a discrediting ploy eh?

Jenni

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2286
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 7:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Maria,

It was you, who said "There was no more ink to spare" rememember??? or do you have the the leaking memory of a sieve ????

Could you do as Jenni asked and find your readers the post in which I said there was no more ink to spare? No you couldn't - because I never said it.

It was you who was taunting me that I hadn't seen the diary and I proved it to you by looking at Shirley's book that indeed there are pages and pages of spare ink that can be taken from, without disturbing the text.

Once again, the facsimile in Shirley's books was made before all the 'enormous' blotches of ink had been used for testing.

No, I think people like Steve and Chris and the others can see what is going on here...
You were caught up in a lie and now you are trying to get out of it. Not very successfully I may add.

I can't get out of something I was never in. The lie was (and still is because you don't read what is actually written) wholly in your imagination.

You claimed that 'enormous' blotches of ink were still available in the diary, and I say there aren't any blotches left, enormous or otherwise.

That's all.

Love,

Caz
X

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1869
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2005 - 8:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What Caroline actually said was "that samples would have to come from the text ie the diarists's actual work, as opposed to the accidental smudges and blotches."

Of course, she has no way of knowing which of the smudges and blotches were "accidental" and which the forgers put there on purpose. So the distinction was sort of pointless.

And, because the forgers were also kind enough to include over thirty separate dividing lines in the text, including some very long ones, there's plenty of ink available for testing without touching any of the written text.

Once again, you can see a complete list of these places in the post I've have linked in my message from Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 8:23 am above.

Hope that's clear,

--John

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.