Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Jack the Ripper: theories on his iden... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Jack the Ripper: theories on his identity « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Kugler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder if I'm posting in the right board, because it is not really creative writing.

Hi everyone,
As you can see, I'm a not registered in this board. I am some kind of silent watcher, because I don't have the time to post here very much. My English is probably pretty bad, but I hope you understand what I want to say.

First of all, you guys are really great, it's really interesting to read your postings.
Secondly, I'm a pupil from Germany, and I'm writing my "Abitur" this year. This is the highest level you can reach in normal schools, except universities. In Germany, we have to write a text called "Facharbeit". My topic, chosen by myself, is "Jack the Ripper: theories on his identity". At first, I thougt, this topic is great and interesting, but now that I have finished my "Facharbeit", I think, it's still interesting, but not great. It's rather emotionally disturbing and pretty sad
But with you help, I managed to write my text. Now I wonder, whether you could do me a last favour.
Could anyone of you read through my "Facharbeit", and contact me (damocles85@gmx.de or ICQ# 98349268), if you want to comment on the text, if you found some mistakes, or etc.
The text is completely in English, except of the first and the last page, but these are only for my teacher and formal reasons, so they won't be very interesting for you.

I would be very pleased if you could do this :-)
You'll find the Zip-File here:
http://mitglied.lycos.de/DamoclesThW/fajtr.zip

Have a nice day,
David

Frank van Oploo
Inspector
Username: Franko

Post Number: 170
Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 5:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi David,

I have clicked and tried to find 'deine Facharbeit', but I haven't managed to reach it, there's 'eine Weiterleitung' troubling me quite a bit .

So, perhaps you can manage to offer your 'paper' in some other way or explain how I can avoid 'die Weiterleitung'.

All the best,
Frank

Christian Jaud
Detective Sergeant
Username: Chrisjd

Post Number: 74
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Servus David,

wenn Du willst kannst Du's mir per e-mail schicken und ich seh's mir hinsichtlich des Inhalts durch. Für Fehler, die die Sprache betreffen sind aber die native speakers hier besser geeignet.
Viel Erfolg beim Abi
Christian

David Kugler
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 7:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,
it works, if you click with your right mouse button on the link and "Ziel speichern unter..." (maybe "save target" or something).

Oh wow, noch ein deutscher hier :-)
Versuchs am besten mal mit "Ziel speichern unter", das sollte eigentlich gehen.

John Savage
Detective Sergeant
Username: Johnsavage

Post Number: 142
Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi David,

I have just read your precis on "Jack The Ripper", which appears to me very well written, and a balanced view from the books you have chosen to read. I am sure you have your facts as nearly correct as is possible in this difficult case.

I presume you are still at school, so do be aware that this subject can become addictive; I have been facinated by it for some forty years and am still none the wiser.

Best Regards
John Savage

Busy Beaver
Detective Sergeant
Username: Busy

Post Number: 66
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder, if we all took the time to sit down and study all the named JTR suspects with every single clue and piece of information available- Would we eventually arrive at the true killer just by using the good old process of elimination???....

Busy Beaver

Holger Haase
Sergeant
Username: Holger

Post Number: 37
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I wonder, if we all took the time to sit down and study all the named JTR suspects with every single clue and piece of information available- Would we eventually arrive at the true killer just by using the good old process of elimination???...."

Probably not - I still think it's noone that was ever suspected - but it sure would be a worthy exercise.

Holger

Holger Haase
Sergeant
Username: Holger

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Oh wow, noch ein deutscher hier"

Und noch einer. ;-)

Holger

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.