Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Chat Room Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Casebook Issues » Chat Room « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Julian Rosenthal
Sergeant
Username: Jules

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 8:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is anyone else having problems getting into the chat room? I've ben trying for the past week and I keep getting the reply that it can't find the server.

Email me with an update please
Jules

Jeff leahy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone

Trying to get a few things clear in my head and didn't kinow where to post them, so hear goes.

With reference to the Canonical five. Do I have this correct?

1. Martha Tabram. Stabbed 39 times. Shallow cut to throat. Possibly by two different knives. A long knife (or baonett) and a smaller knife. This therefore suggests. Two assailants or that half way through the Ripper changed knives or that the corronor got it wrong about the knives. Not thought Ripper victim by all but Abberline.

2. Poly Nichols. Cut by long knife. Very deep cut to throat. Almost certainly Ripper victim.

3. Annie Chapman. Cut by long knife. Very deep cut to throat. Mutilation to abdoman. Suggested that person who inflicted wounds had some surgical or anotomical skill.

4. Liz Stride. Throat cut by short knife (as second knife in Tabram murder) Depth (unknown by me) may or may not be Ripper Victim.

5. Cathrine Eddows. Cut by long knife. Throat cut deep. Person who inflicted wounds not thought to have medical knowledge. Differs from other victims, may or may not have been prostitute.

6. Mary Jane Kelly. Cut with long knife. Differs from other victims except Tabram in that murdered indoors. Thought to be younger and more attractive. Attacker thought to have some medical knowledge due to way heart removed.

Is this line of thought correct?

I'm trying to estiblish who was a Ripper victim and who may not have been. Only relivant if their was more than one Jack involved with 5.

Digging over the 5 is probably something you've all done lots before. But I'd like some help with this.

Is the above statement correct?

Many thanks to anyone willing to give me some help.

Jeff

Jennifer D. Pegg
Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 2:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi jeff
please email me.
usually martha is not include try the victims opage on this site for more details
jennifer

Frank van Oploo
Detective Sergeant
Username: Franko

Post Number: 142
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 6:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jeff,

Also try http://casebook.org/dissertations/dst-victimwounds.html for the wounds on the various victims.

The canonical five are Mary Ann Nichols through to Mary Jane Kelly. Martha Tabram is not included, but is reconsidered as a Ripper victim by numerous people. I would say that 38-year old Annie Millwood also might have been a Ripper victim, although she didn't die of the knife wounds inflicted by her assailant.

On the evening of 25 Februari 1888 at 5 pm in the evening, she was admitted to the Whitechapel Workhouse Infirmary, suffering from a number of knife wounds in the legs and lower torso. She was attacked in White's Row, which run parallel to Dorset Street and was very close to it.

All the best,
Frank

Monty
Chief Inspector
Username: Monty

Post Number: 628
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff,

Just something to think on. Positioning of the victims body is something I look at along with wounds/mutilations.

Monty
:-)

Nicholas Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 4:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Am having trouble getting into the chat room. Do I have to be a member or something?
Nick

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.