Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Life after Baltimore! Where in U.K in... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Annual Conferences on Jack the Ripper » Life after Baltimore! Where in U.K in 2005? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 27, 2003Robert Charles Linfo25 12-27-03  5:28 pm
Archive through January 13, 2004Glenn L Andersson25 1-13-04  6:56 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suzi Hanney
Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 268
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Adam..Sorry.wood not west..must get that batman off of my mind!!
Cheers
Suzi

Skip Hardin
Police Constable
Username: Shardin

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 3:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am still undecided on the 2004 in Baltimore, but, I must say that the prospect fo a 2005 in London would be irresistable to me. What makes more sense that a meeting at the place where it all happened? I have been on more that one of Donald's JTR London Walks, and a wonderful as they are, I can really sense the excitement of 20 or 30 serious JTR efficiandos strolling down Commercial Street, Brick Lane and Hanbury Street.

Alan Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 6:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about Glasgow for 05. Not many Ripper connections but a tour could be arranged which would be of great interest to criminoligists who have read of Oscar Slater, Madeline Smith, Peter Manuel or Bible John. And less than an hour away is the home of Burke and Hare, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the best historical walks outside of Old London Town.

Direct flights from all over N. America, and a £30 return on easy jet or Ryanair from the South.

Alan

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 513
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo not Glasgow it's toooooooooooooof far up for us Southern softies!!! Come on.. somewhere we can get to by train(!) boat(!!!!!!) or plane (mmm nice) would be great chaps..Is Brighton such a bad idea Adam?
Love Suzi

Alan Smith
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 4:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi
Somewhere you can get to by train. Well Glasgow has a great steam network, I'm a stoker myself. And guess what we're getting electricity in some of our homes soon. It'll be great not having to go out to chop the wood for heating the porridge in the mornings, with the wind blowing up our kilts.
But Brighton sounds fine. It's nice to see you consider everyones travelling distance. My wee shetland pony will love the 500 mile walk.

Your sarcastically

Alan

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 531
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alan!!
As an owner of said wee beastie..she'll do it 'nae sweat!',sarcasm...lowest form of wit and all that!!..come on we can be cleverer than that!! Must go and check the Aga thing!!
You mean that we're the only ones left who chop wood??
Cheers
Suzi

Paul Williams
Sergeant
Username: Wehrwulf

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brighton would be an ideal choice. I used to live in Clarendon Villas so could show anyone the location of the former seaside home.

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 613
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Paul!!!!!
Looks like its Brighton then!!!!!!how good is that!!!!! I used to live in Saltdean in 1967!!!(Age!) and know my way round too....Clarendon Villas....god! (good ) memories.....this will be soooo good.....Metropole I guess????Claudia/Adam....good luck chaps and if its half as good as Liverpool..........wow!
x suzi

Emily Robinson
Police Constable
Username: Emily

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, let's dispense with all this Ripper rubbish and just have a quiet week in Cornwall.

(Kidding. My vote, if there is such a thing, goes to Brighton.)

Richard Brian Nunweek
Chief Inspector
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 822
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Emily,
I Sincerly hope its Brighton, it is just a short journey from where I reside, and I am dying[ apt word] to meet a good majority of all fellow posters on this site, who read all of my hopefully passionate threads, although a lot of them , taken with a pinch of salt.
Brighton, its a date....
Regards Richard.

Adam Wood
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 4:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys

We announced about a month ago that the 2005 UK conference would be held in Brighton! Take a look at www.ripperconference.com for more info (such as it is at the moment).

Adam
Organiser
2005 Ripper Conference

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 693
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard et al
Having just spent the weekend trawling 'the sites ' again have just coppered up the £60 deposit!!!! see ya!!!!....bring the racing post eh!
Suzi

Richard Brian Nunweek
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 830
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

H suzi,
I shall carry a parcel about eight inches long, containing a racing post, we have a shop in Brighton, so mayby we can frequent it, although you you will have to place my wagers, as i am forebidden to bet in one of my companys outlets.
Really looking foreward to Brighton, my company own hove stadium, but I for one will put aside my gambling vices, and be riverted to yours truely, and all the familiar faceless names, that contribute to this fantastic site.
I shall be there , and I shall enjoy every second of the atmosphere.
Richard.

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 694
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard!!
Youre on!!! 50-1 in the first eh!!!!! Bit worried about the 8" parcel tho!! f'nar f'nar!
Suzi

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2004 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very good that site has been settled - and from a purely selfish point of view Brighton suits very nicely, thank you!
I'm looking forward to my first conference and will keep an eye on the website
Chris

Richard Brian Nunweek
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 838
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris,
I must agree with you, I am selfish also, living in Horley, what could be easier, its just like popping to Hove dogs[ which i do frequently] perk of my company.
Look foreward to meeting a Surrey lad, who used the same playground as myself to go scatty in, albeit a few years earlier.[ on my part]
I am confident this south of England convention , will be a huge success, a lot of our posters hopefully will attend, and i certainly look forward to discussing issues face to face, which is a lot easier , then sending posts.
Best regards,
Richard.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.