Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Researching New TV series Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Help Requests » Researching New TV series « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Leahy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stephen

I tried posting a couple of weeks ago but haven't as yet seen my message. Thought I'd try again in case the original got lost in the web either. And also say a little more about the program I am reseaching.

My name is Jeff. I am researching an idea for UK Livings new series Psychic Detectives. The first program was successful in identifying an unknown body following the Kings Cross Fire.

I am looking for the Following information.

1. We are looking for a Ripperologist willing to act as an expert on the case who would look into any information our 'mediums' come up with and verify or dismiss based on their knowledge of the case. It is not necessary for the Ripperologist to beleive in the ability of our mediums, infact we'd prefer someone with a healthy scepticism on the subject. We do however require someone with an open mind on the Ripper Case itself and preferably located in London.

2. We have already traced a numder of Living Relatives of the victims through an expert on this site. However we are interested in talking to anybody with a family link by blood or marrage who my be willing to have a reading. We can guarantee anonymity if this is required given the sensitive nature of the case.

3. We are interested in any artifacts or family descentants linked to possible Ripper suspects. In particular contacts for the Maybrick Diary, Druit, Tumbledee, Walter Sicert, and Gull. But any help or information from anyone most appriciated. We are completely open to explore any theory. In my experience on the Antiques Ghost show our mediums have been highly successful in determining if paintings or artifacts are genuine or fake, their conclusions often verified by antiques experts.

4. We are also interested in any information Reguarding Psychic's originally connected to the case from a historic point of veiw. In particular Robert James Lee's. Is there any further information besides the Chicargo news story linking him to the case?

This project is currently in the research stage but we have an agreement of help from some of the worlds top mediums. As a producer I feel it will be an interesting way to explore the Whitchappel murders and hopfully concider the facts behind the case with an open mind.

Whether you beleive in the ability of Mediums or not, is not necessary. We hope that the program will be of interest not only to our existing audiance but also a wider Ripper audiance. We are particularly interested telling the human stories behind the victims which often seems to get over looked and is of interest to our remit.

Where as many programs in the past have concintrated on the suspects with a veiw of proving they were the murderer (sometimes knocking round pegs into square holes) we are completely open to explore any theory people may have as long as we have artifacts beleived connected to the case. We will obviously be exploring letters and photographs on public Record, the murder sites and cemetery's.

This program is a complete experiment and we never have any guarantee's that our "mediums' will come up with anything but the nature of the factual research should prove of interest in its own right. Any help you can offer to the project is most welcome.

Yours Jeff Leahy

Producer IPM

Sarah Long
Police Constable
Username: Sarah

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I get this straight? You expect a medium to what? Come up with the identity of JTR? Well I just hope you get a proper expert, there are many on here. I find it a bit laughable that you want people with contacts for Walter Sickert. He is just someone Patricia Cornwall decided she would pin it on.

I hope it does work out though and I hope it is a good program.

Andrew Spallek
Inspector
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 263
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff,

I would suggest contacting Martin Fido or Paul Begg or Don Rumbelow. I believe I heard that Stewart Evans is having health problems right now.

Andy S.

Jennifer D. Pegg
Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 152
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi
may i be as bold as to call myself an expert on robert lees
please email me, if i can't help i know a few people who may be able to and would happily forward your info to them
pleas ask me anything you can think of!
i know a good article on a certain website about that bloke!!!!!
look forward to hearing from you soon!!!!!!!!!!!
jennifer

Mark Andrew Pardoe
Detective Sergeant
Username: Picapica

Post Number: 139
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds a interesting programme. When will the one about the Kings Cross fire be broadcast?

Cheers, Mark

Brad McGinnis
Detective Sergeant
Username: Brad

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 6:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff.
Why have you omitted Mohatmas Ghandi, Alfred E Neuman and the Tooth Fairy from your list? They are all as viable as the five you have chosen.
Brad

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Inspector
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 401
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jeff

I don't know what you consider a Ripper expert. I have been studying the case for 30 years.

I would be happy to look at your material with an open mind.

All The Best
Gary

Leanne Perry
Chief Inspector
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 897
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day,

Paul Begg!

LEANNE

Richard Brian Nunweek
Inspector
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 413
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 3:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jeff,
Sounds like a great idea for a programme, lets face it we need all the help we can, on this subject, we can only go so far whilst we are all in this world, so who knows a peice of inspiration may emerge from , the other.
Regards Richard.

Chris Phillips
Detective Sergeant
Username: Cgp100

Post Number: 136
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 3:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff

Could you post a URL or something, so that we can see a bit more information about the series you're working on? I can't see any mention of it on the "UK Living" website.

Chris Phillips

Jeff Leahy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all and thanks for the many reply's

Would just like to point out that this idea is in the research stage and follows the second in a new series. I have know pre-concieved theories on the Whitechappel murders, the examples I gave were just five of the main theories I have read about. As I understand there are 22 suspects implicated on this site and others that I have come across. I am willing to explore any theories, I choose five examples at random (although the Maybrick diary would be very interesting given the abilities of some off the Mediums I have been working with)

I guess it might seem rather crazy to hardened detectives of fact, but the idea does give me an opportunity as a producer to explore facts surroundijng the case which I am particularly interested in. I would love to speak to Martin, Paul or Don, if anyone has contacts for them, about the subject?

As i explained I do not require someone who beleives in "psychics" just someone willing to expore information with an open mind. If we hit on nothing. which sometimes happens, then that is the conclusion, this is an experiment. I'm not certain weather I beleive myself or not, but having worked on a number of shows, I have been surprised at the number of facts some 'mediums' have come up with. It also seems a great way to put together a program about the facts surrounding the case.

Although in Britain police do not like admiting they contact mediums they are used in America and it is also noted that they were used by the KGB.

I am open to any ideas but I require tangible artifacts for mediums to work with or better still living desendants of suspects or victims. Mediums claim that they get better reading's from the living rather than the dead.

Ok it sounds mad but I have been intreiged by what I have witnessed over the past few month's. Open Minded if not convinced.

Please email me with any suggestions.
My appologies for my dyslexic spellings.

Yours Jeff Leahy

PS thanks Stephen have found my posting .

Jim DiPalma
Sergeant
Username: Jimd

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

Andrew, Jeff, Martin Fido now resides in the US. If the preference is for the expert to be located in London, then I'd suggest Paul Begg or Donald Rumbelow. (though I think Paul lives in Yorkshire).

Hope this helps,
Jim

Jeff Leahy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 12:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks to everyone for your kind help. I have spoken to Paul Begg today following your advise and he has agreed to a meeting on Friday. I have also contacted a couple of other Ripperologists who might help in researching any information we turn up.

The most inportant thing at this stage is to find desendants of the victims who might agree to readings. It looks pritty certain that I can film at the murder locations and PRO's.

While going through some postings I came across some people called 'Palour' who claimed to be descentants of one of the victims by marriage. Does anybody know any further information about them? Would like to speak or contact them.

Thanks in particular for people who sent me info abour Robert Lee's. I shall be looking into these in more detail tonight.

Many thanks for your support and incouragement. If anyone has any idea's on suspects and artifacts that could be used for a reading please let me know. My main interest is descendants of the vicims.

Thanks again

Jeff

Leanne Perry
Chief Inspector
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 904
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Jeff,

Here's the email address of Andy & Sue Parlour:
asptenbells@aol.com Andy is a desendent of Mary Ann Nichols. Happy to assist.

LEANNE

Jim DiPalma
Sergeant
Username: Jimd

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jeff,

You might want to try and contact Neal Shelden, whose email address can be found on these boards.

Neal has recently published his research on the victims, and has been in contact with the descendants of Chapman and Eddowes.

Jim

Jeff Leahy
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello again everyone

i know its getting late and that I have to be at PRO kew early in the morning but I have received some interesting information which I need some help with.

Firstly I would like to contact Donald Rumbelow about a dager, that may be related to the case, said to be in his possesion. I have tried various searches but have been unsuccessful in making contact, I would very much like to talk to him if anyone has a contact address.

Alex also suggested that there may be a peice of clothe relating to the murders. Does anyone know anything about this and wether I could contact the owner?

Any informtion or contacts welcome.

Thank you for your help. Sweet Dreams.

Jeff leahy

Suzi Hanney
Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 313
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jeff
Just picked up on your thread.. Despite all the stuff above.. i think it's a wonderful idea!! Try and get hold of Don Rumbelow and Martin Fido for a good over-view(IMHO)..If this comes off (!) let me know by email.. I want to be in that audience!!!! Could contact Colin Fry as a medium (not joking...he's verrry good!!)
Keep in touch and reactivate this thread chaps!!
Cheers and Good Luck!!
Suzi
(p.s. REGISTER!!!!)

thomas schachner
Sergeant
Username: Thomas

Post Number: 26
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 7:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello there,

the alleged ripper knife in donald rumbelows possession gets mentioned a lot, so here's a picture of it.

greetings from germany.
thomas.

(Message edited by thomas on January 17, 2004)

Suzi Hanney
Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 348
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 10:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Thomas
What's the history behind that photo!!!? did you give it back???
Suzi

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.