Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Roslyn Donston Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Roslyn Donston « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Charles Linford
Inspector
Username: Robert

Post Number: 318
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty

Glad that everything's OK. I've just had a health problem arise here, and it's a bloody worry.

Tell you what, we're both better off than poor old Joe Barnett - there's no escape on the Boards for him!

Robert

Martin Fido
Sergeant
Username: Fido

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 7:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very sorry to hear about Millie poppy, Monty.
All the best,
Martin F

Amy Sanchez
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay...all of you think you are so smart! Don't you know the VV when pushed together makes a W as in Walter as in Sickert? Ooops! Just saw, when looking at it from the top the VV makes an M as in Montague as in Druitt. Hey wait a minute...when looking from the side it makes a E as in Eddie as in Prince Albert Eddie! Yikes! I guess we can read just about anything we want to into the evidence! Facetiously Your, Amy
P.S. Occult murders are almost exclusively ritualistic and not 5 minute slice and dice...Mary Kelly maybe, the others, nope!

Monty
Detective Sergeant
Username: Monty

Post Number: 127
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert & Martin,

Many thanks for your wishes Gents. Im grateful.

Millie is indeed fine now....apart from 2 injections a day off the nasty Mum & Dad (boo, hiss !!)

But its a life saver.

Hope your health scare works well Robert.

Back to the wonderful world of Mad Doctor D !!!

Monty
:-)

Chris Scott
Inspector
Username: Chris

Post Number: 272
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chuck
Whilst I don't consider myself a paid up Donstonite (or paid up anything else as I don't support any candidate for Jack's dubious mantle) I don't think all the invoking of geometry and occultism can ever be used to prove or disprove an answerable case against him. The problem with tracing shapes in the location of significant sites is that this (like anagrams, for example) can be used to prove or disprove almost anything.
I think there are certain other points in the case of Donstone which are far more useful from the point of view of building a reasonable picture of his as a suspect. To quote two, location and involvement. We know where Donston was at the period of the murders and, unlike many considered at one time or another to be major suspects - Sickert, Clarence, Druitt etc. - we can not only tie Donston's whereabouts at the time of the murders to the East End but very specifically to Whitechapel and very close to the site of the first "canonical" murder, Nicholls. We can also see from the surving documentation of the affair of Donston accusing Morgan Davies of being the Whitechapel killer, that Donston not only took a close interest in the case but tried to actively involve himself in the case and inject himself into the investigation.
I must repeat that this does not make me a supporter of Donston as a suspect. For what it's worth I see Donston in much the same light as I see Tumblety, a vain, eccentric self-publicist only too willing to use a high profile case to boost their own self importance.
regards
Chris

Jerry Maynard
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do very much favor Donston as a suspect because
A. He was in the area at the time.
B. Medical experience
C. Bragged that he killed his own wife and another woman. That sounds like an evil/sick mind
even if it was meant to be a joke.
D. Two women who were associated with Donston belived him to be the Ripper and one was his girlfriend

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.