Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Basic info. need soon.... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Help Requests » Basic info. need soon.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrius Bobbit
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 12:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know somewhat about Jack the Ripper and he has always been a favorite historical person of mine, and I don't mean this in a way like I would want to be just like him but it amazes me how he was able to do all this stuff and never get caught(even though the police back then stunk). Anyways, I have decided to write a piece with him as a main character in school, it will be about a detective, Frederick E. Underwood, who will fallow the Jack the Ripper case. So what I am basically asking is, what is the information I will basically need to make a good story on something like this. Like clues that lead to him and all those things detectives need to follow, otherwise I am stuck writing some stupid myth.

Brian W. Schoeneman
Detective Sergeant
Username: Deltaxi65

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Andruis,

I would start by providing your Detective Underwood with all of the things that we've all wanted in the case over the past few years namely:

1.) A murder weapon at one of the scenes
2.) An actual confirmed letter from the killer
3.) An actual, confirmed eye-witness or description of the killer
4.) (My personal choice) Bloodhounds to track the killer.

Add those in, using what you already know and the information provided on this site and you'll write a good story.

B

Pettifogger
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Andruis,

Please wait for Mr. John Omlor to refute everything that Mr. Schoeneman has stated. It should be interesting.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.