Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Boy am I Glad to be Back! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Casebook Issues » Boy am I Glad to be Back! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Diana
Police Constable
Username: Diana

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have noticed a change in the boards since we have all had to reregister. I don't see the insults, vituperation and egotism I used to. We seem to have become more dispassionate. Maybe that will get us farther on toward discovering the truth. It is much nicer this way, less negative. Do I miss all the visual yelling, snapping and gouging? Not very much I guess. Except every once in a while just a little. There was one poster in particular who shall go nameless. Whenever I saw his posts I always read them because I wondered what outrageous thing he would say next. All in all I still love the casebook. I'm excited to find out whether the new no-nastiness format will clear the cobwebs out of the way and help us along in our quest.

Mark Andrew Pardoe
Sergeant
Username: Picapica

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whatho Diana,

Yes the World is much nicer now. I think it is because the egotists have boggered off. Although there are some big names I would like to see back. One gentleman (who is certainly not an egotist) emailed me privately recently with interesting information and explained why he hadn't rejoined. Still I think we are worse off without that chap.

Cheers, Mark

Tom_Wescott
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2003 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all,

Christ on a cracker, I'm gone for nine months, and when I come back, everything's gone! My comp shot craps on me and, joke-broke as I am, it's taken me a very long time to get another one. I still don't have a printer, so my re-registration will have to wait.
In the interim I've read some good Ripper books. I've also read Patricia Cornwell's book - the most expensive roll of toilet paper I've ever purchased.
The Casebook on CD-Rom? Great, now for only $19.99 the entire free world can see a dozen people explain to me in graphic detail what an azz I am. A bargain at twice the price!
Seriously, though, it's a killer idea.
I'm glad to be back on the internet again, and back on this site. The Casebook was the primary reason I got the internet back in 1998. I guess that makes me an old school Casebookworm.
I see that A.P. Wolf is posting here now. I thought he hated us? Well, I suppose we're all entitled to change our minds. He writes like a chick, though. :-)
Now, onto reading the new posts!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Zkot
Sergeant
Username: Humanvulture

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Tom,

"He writes like a chick, though"??
Wow, you old charmer, you. Much like Ralph Malph, you still got it.

Any chance you'll be attending the Liverpool conference in August, perhaps as the Unknown Comic?

Cheers,
Scott (with a Z)

Stan Russo
Police Constable
Username: Stan

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2003 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ALL,

BOY AM I GLAD TO BE BACK.

What the hell does vituperation mean?

STAN RUSSO

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.