Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through November 02, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » An Exclusive Revelation In Ripperology » Archive through November 02, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 488
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, Hutch, don't let them get you down! I have faith in you.

Unfortunately, I have a very important meeting at 3 but I'm SO looking forward to logging in as soon as possible.

Gives me something to live for.
Mags

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 847
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So it will be about 2:00 PM in the central United States?

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3061
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo Diana,
from my clock and the time of your post we are about five hours ahead of whatever time the casebook is set to.

yo
Jenni
"Don't you know it's true what they say, Things happened for a reason,"

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Should be 3:00 pm Eastern U.S. time. We are depending on you, Philip. . .

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 841
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi folks. I don't know what times you call them, but the East Coast of the US will be at 3pm, the next time zone along (sort-of central Eastern) is 2pm, the next one (West-ish) is 2pm and the West Coast is 1pm.

If you're in Australia you've already seen it!

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 844
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And now the time has come to disclose the new information. It will show some to be remarkably insightful and others to be mistaken or just frauds.

Earlier this year I was e-mailed by a poster on Casebook with whom I correspond off-boards. I was asked, as I was one of the speakers at Brighton, if I would make a presentation to a certain other poster for their contribution to Ripperology. I had no trouble agreeing to do so. I was sent a speech to read and was given full information of what the prize itself would be. I was very surprised but honoured not only to be asked to do this, but also at what part of that prize would reveal (the presentation will now be made at the December meeting of the WS1888).

The parcel was sent to me at the Brighton hotel several days before the Conference, but it didn’t arrive until the day after it was over. Claudia Aliffe kindly took it with her when she left and posted it on to me.

As the new information could not be shared at Brighton, the source thought it would be a nice idea if it was given to the good, bad and ugly people who use Casebook and that a ‘countdown’ as a teaser would be fun.

The source has told me that they have found the years of mystery greatly amusing, but that they are now happy for the mystery to end – though, as you will see, it is by degrees.

This is not a joke. This is not a fraud. This is something many people have been waiting for for a long time. Its authenticity may be debated, but it is genuine.

Ladies and Gentlemen, although somewhat shy, I give you…

A P Wolf

APWOLF1CASEBOOK.jpg

The photo was taken in September 2000.

Jane – my suggestion is you do what you did to MJK and by mirroring part of his face, removing dog and pillow, show us a reconstruction of The Legend.

I have scanned and rotated the image at a far higher resolution. I think we can now safely say he is not a woman.

APWOLF2.jpg

I hope this was worth the wait. And my (our?) congratulations to the couple of you who guessed correctly.

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1655
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 3:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howl! Howl! She/He is after all a man of stone!

Nice revelation, Philip.

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

Christopher J Morley
Sergeant
Username: Cjmorley

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 3:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I thought AP was a lady.

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3068
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 3:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

umm...

four more words needed!
"Don't you know it's true what they say, Things happened for a reason,"

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3308
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 3:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil -

Nice post - but where's the obligatory bottle of Spanish brandy? :-)

Out of curiosity, who does this prove to be a "fraud"?

- Stephen
Stephen P. Ryder, Exec. Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 848
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 3:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AP said once that (s)he was a lady. That was after I referred to him/her in one of my posts using the masculine pronoun. I apologized and thought of this very naughty person as a member of my gender from then on.

'Course I realize why he did it. It certainly is great to be a member of the superior gender.

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3164
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 3:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PHILLIP!!!!!
Thbats the biggest fraud EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Poor dogs!

Suzi

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3071
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yo Suzi,

whatever do you mean?

Yo
Jenni

ps this yo stuff is getting kinda old huh?
"Don't you know it's true what they say,That life it ain't easy"

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3167
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Philip!!!!! HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!!!!!! LATEST.........grrrrrrrrrrrr cant post it!

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3168
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well there we are!!!! Case solved!!!!!! LOL!

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3169
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well there we are!!!! Case solved!!!!!! LOL!

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 999
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't see why this matters in the slightest - but (in any case)where is the proof that this is a picture of AP?

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3170
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOoooooops sorry Just enthusiasm I guess!!!! failing that incompetence!!!!

Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 3171
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil
The Wolf is top right
LOL Suzi

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 494
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice try, Philip..

However, to go back to a couple of points that Helge made earlier:

a) No matter what evidence you have, there is no guarantee it will convince anyone other than those who wish to be convinced

b) If it is something new, we will debate it for at least ten years until it all peters out, and we will end up with only one more "possibility"

I still remain unconvinced and somewhat confused.
But that's not unusual.

Lyn

(Message edited by lindsey on November 01, 2005)
Never leave home without a paperback.

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 845
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I'm sure that's just the way AP wants it, Lyn.

Phil - I did make very clear it was not going to change anyone's life and wasn't directly connected to the Ripper, so I am not guilty of proclaiming an announcement that is ultimately anti-climatic. The proof is that AP and I have been conversing on this issue for some time and he offered the information of his own volition and has confirmed several times it is actually him. If anyone chooses to disregard it and maintain their own interpretations, that is ultimately their own decision.

PHILIP

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 2549
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 4:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well AP,you have cultivated anonymity right up to the point of making yourself a sort of rival myth
to Jack!
Now we get a new portrait,emerging in colourful bits and pieces of the "real" AP---and accompanied by your wolves!!!
I guess you"ve had a laugh-leading us all on,[ so much so that I for one couldnt even get through for the site being loaded with subscribers!]
Well it was a bit of fun I suppose-and a very good pic.

Natalie

Thanks Philip for agreeing to go along with all this tantalising titilation!

Ally
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Ally

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey AP,

Pretty puppies. What are their names?

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1510
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now come on Philip,
AP is a mystery to us all but whatever gender there is no need to take [ for want of a better word] the mickey.
The person who we have respected for many years is a true enthusiast, no mean author and it is of no consequence that this person depicts themselves in whatever way they wish.
You may have sussed out the true identity Of our Wolfe, but that will be of no importance to the majority of us hidden idividuals [ at least the people reluctant to attend the conference at dear old Brighton] mayby we all hide a character which is shall we say far from the truth.
Disapointed but not surprised .
Richard.

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 2755
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ally
the wolf pups are called Paris-Texas.
If you know the film you know why.

Phil Hill
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Phil

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, if it is AP who personally confirms this, who can argue.

But my respect for AP's work and contribution to the subject remains unchanged and undiminshed. For myself, I don't care what sex anyone is.

Are we to assume that the Spanish brandy is also invented though?

Phil

Ally
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Ally

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BTW AP,

You're very pretty too. Didn't mean to leave you out but I am quite the canine fancier, in all their various forms.

Congratulations on finally coming out.

Sir Robert Anderson
Chief Inspector
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 583
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In my mind's eye, AP will forever be a Borgata Babe.

Sir Robert

'Tempus Omnia Revelat'
SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2552
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know the film and the wolves are everybit as beautiful as the film was!
[but I prefer the darker,nastier Fassbinder!]

Helge Samuelsen
Inspector
Username: Helge

Post Number: 438
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So! How does this make anyone look stupid?

It's just coincidence.

Hahah.....

AP, you are still my foxy fox, but don't get any ideas...

Helge

"If Spock were here, he'd say that I was an irrational, illlogical human being for going on a mission like this... Sounds like fun!" -- (Kirk - Generations)

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 2757
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Natalie, the film is like a lovely rolling oil painting that drips into your soul, but I always found it his darkest film.
Eats away at the quest of finding something that justifies the search.

Phil
I never invented cheap Spanish brandy, I just drink the wonderful muck.

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 846
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 5:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you not - and here's a coincidence - seen THE TENDERNESS OF WOLVES by Fassbinder then, AP? Seeing as it is a largely fictionalised account of Fritz Haarmann and doesn't really hold back on a lot, I would say that is pretty dark!

PHILIP

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 489
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 6:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Damn, AP! You look just like my brother in law.

You know, I always thought that I'd really want to know the identity of the murderer if it could somehow be absolutely confirmed, but given my reaction to the reveal about AP's gender I'm not so sure anymore.

Guess I'm just an old romantic at heart.
Mags

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2553
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 6:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree Ap
and Wim Wenders can be very strangely haunting, the way that the film unfolded in sequences of lovely painful memories as he was leaving the desert was quite hypnotic.

Philip,
Fassbinder happens to be my favourite of all directors!Its wonderful to come across someone who has heard of him these days!

Natalie

Baron von Zipper
Inspector
Username: Baron

Post Number: 211
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 6:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's it? I feel used and humiliated by this. I have to leave the casebook, never to return.

Farewell and Bon Voyage,

Mike

PS This is the part where you all beg me to stay.
Mike

"La madre degli idioti č sempre incinta"

Scooter Libby
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 9:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After all of this hype I had better feel really stupid! If I feel merely ignorant, or just dumb, I shall be very irate.

belindafromHenmans
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 7:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I... think that Philip would like to expose a claim as false, so my bet's going on the diary. But I predict the diarists will carry on and that it's an overstatement- the new evidence may be as false as anything else, and just as much a matter for dispute.

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Howard

Post Number: 1092
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 7:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well...I can't date ya,A.P....but I still love ya,even though you...

...have dogs !?! The utter gall of it all !!!

Just kidding my great friend...Thanks for allowing Mr.Shortpants Hutchinson to re-direct the current board "tone' to one of lightheartedness....much needed and much appreciated ! You go guy !

I'm glad that I didn't bet Mr.Begg on this a while back......I'd have lost my ass.

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 847
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 8:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil - I don't think you've noticed yet, but congratulations on becoming Assistant Commisioner.

Mike - see ya then. Close the door on your way out (or should that be 'Please pull the door to'?)

PHILIP

Dan Norder
Chief Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 981
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 8:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And the punchline is:

I guess Philip is now officially the boy who cried Wolf.
Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 849
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 9:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan - That one is deserving of an award in its own right.

Have a word with AP... I'm sure he'll send you his original manuscript to JACK THE MYTH...

By the way, Dan's posting does raise a point - in case anyone hasn't understood all this (and it's clear that some haven't), AP is the contact I was referring to when I posted the photos. I have not discovered who he is and 'outed' him against his will. He approached me and this was his decision.

PHILIP

Erin
Detective Sergeant
Username: Rapunzel676

Post Number: 53
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For once, I am virtually at a loss for words. "Flummoxed" is really the only one that comes to mind.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5211
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 3:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Only Schrodinger's cat to go now!

Robert

Spiro
Sergeant
Username: Auspirograph

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 4:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AP,
Congrats on being recognised for your outstanding contribution to Ripperology and the "art of farting". (For anyone thinking I'm being rude, it's an expression by Salvidor Dali who actually wrote a book on etiquette and good manners using it as a title).Thanks for the interesting journey!

I might as well take this chance to say a big hello to everyone and introduce myself to this message board. (Mike, this is were everyone rushes to welcome me with open arms and makes a fuss over my lurking in Australia). Yes...I'm male and loving it but happy to adjust into tartan skirts if that's what's required to get any respect around here...hmmmmm but I draw the line at becoming a pin-up for Mr Radka's pubescent curiosity!

Seriously though, thanks also to Philip and anon for being brave enough to get this going and not only show some appreciation to a distinguished criminologist but, to also provide some much needed light relief,ice-breaking hints and in putting a face to the words behind the posters here.

Thanks all and especially to the people behind Casebook who have provided, as we say in Oz, a "waterhole" for meeting and discussing the period with some remarkable people around the world.

Carry On

Spiro

(Message edited by auspirograph on November 02, 2005)

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2261
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 4:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blimey, I told you all he was a wolf in she's clothing ages ago!

If anyone doubts that you can tell gender by simply reading the day-to-day utterings of a poster, doubt no more.

I bet that misery guts ADD (or is it AAD or ADA?) is male too.

BTW, there was no chance of any diary revelation that Keith Skinner wouldn't have known about already. Sorry folks.

Love,

Caz
X

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1511
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 4:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phil,
Message received and understood it is now been clarified .
Richard.

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 852
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 5:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Spiro - thanks matey.

Just to clarify one final time, there is no 'anon' involved here. It is just AP and myself. All the 'anon's in the actual posting where I attached the photo of AP were referring to AP himself, as a build-up to the actual following photo.

AP contacted me to ask if I would make a presentation. Part of that prize was the photo. He told me I could post this on Casebook to end the mystery when the time was right. It seems that the timing and manner was spot-on judging from the nice e-mails I've been getting!

Thanks to all of you who have given your support through this and played the game. Though he hasn't said so on the boards, AP is chuffed.

PHILIP

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 398
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 7:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,

How fascinating! Since we are posting photographs I wonder if anyone can identify the person shown here?

Lets just hope I can get the damn thing to load!

Bobphoto

BelindafromHenmans
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 3:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The site crashed!
Amazing.
Do you think people are genuinely interested in Jack the Ripper, then?

And who believes the diary anyway. But next time, I'd really love to see a letter signed by Maybrick placing him in Europe on the night of the double murders.

Wolf is quite sexy girls.

slong
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 - 3:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are their any pictures of the crime scenes of jack the ripper floating on the net

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.