Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Resizing pictures Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Casebook Issues » Resizing pictures « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2299
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 7:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As some of you realise I appear to have a genetic inability to resize my pics to post.Any helpful..or any other suggestions would be gratefully recieved!

Cheers
Suzi

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2089
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 7:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i would think it depends on the software you use???

Listen to me almost sound like i know what i am talking about!
"All you need is positivity"

George Hutchinson
Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 461
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 1:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi.

Jenni is absolutely right. It depends on which software you are using. You need to find something in your grey toolbar at the top of the screen that speaks about IMAGE SIZE. It might be in the IMAGE section (it is on mine) or your software might say something else.

It needs to be no more than 600x600 pixels (I usually down-grade the quality to 72 resolution, which is perfectly clear but saves space on the site). You also need to make sure that when you save it altered, you save it as a jpeg.

Or you can continue to send them to Rob and myself - I am happy to carry on making adjustments. It is no problem. I suppose it would be an idea if I sent the altered images (80s bands coming in here...) back to you so you could post them yourself?

PHILIP
x
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2313
Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 5:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ooooooh god am looking for this here nothing grey here!! Bugger it oh well back to work tomorrow allegedly dont feel up to it but will and keep looking! Thanks chaps!

Suzixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

George Hutchinson
Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 462
Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 8:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi.

I'm talking about the grey toolbar strip every PC has across the top of the screen (but you need to open it in your image software first of course).

PHILIP
x
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Kane Friday
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, April 08, 2005 - 9:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, Jennifer you should know what your talking about,after all you are J.PEGG............no?

Oh well please yourselves!

Kane

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2104
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

there's one i haven't heard before!
"All you need is positivity"

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.