Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Art request Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Help Requests » Art request « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dan Norder
Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 291
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I'm working on putting the October issue of Ripper Notes together and am looking for a specific piece of art to accompany one of the articles.

The Illustrated Police News had a lot of great drawings about the Ripper case. There's a specific part of one of their montages that shows Mrs. Malcolm having a dream, the one where she thought her sister was kissing her, which is why she said that she thought Liz Stride was her sister. I've only seen it extremely small as a section header (with the rest of the montage, which includes two facial sketches of alleged Ripper suspects as seen by witnesses) in Rumbelow's book.

I was wondering if anyone had a larger copy of this, preferably at print sizes (600 dpi for solid black and white bitmap, 300 dpi for grayscale) that they could scan and send to me. I know that replica editions of some of these publications were made, so somebody might have a copy around.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dan Norder
Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 292
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, that was quick. Rob Clack sent me a copy already, so it's already covered.

Thanks, Rob!

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.