Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Casebook Editorial Board Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Casebook Issues » Casebook Editorial Board « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3070
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A quick update on a pretty substantial change regarding the Casebook...

After eight years of running the Casebook more or less as a one-man show, its finally time to expand the editorial duties of the web site to a proper 'Editorial Board'. I've given a great deal of thought to the matter, particularly to the type of person best suited for the role of "Editor". After careful consideration I've invited two people to join the site as full-time editors. Both have not only a thorough knowledge and understanding of the case, but even more importantly, they both share the same high levels of objectivity and integrity which are crucial for the task. I'm happy to announce today that both Alex Chisholm and Chris Scott have graciously accepted my invitation, and are now both full-time Editors of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.

The new editorial board, with members on both sides of the Atlantic, should be much better suited to handle the rapid growth of the web site. We're already working on several projects that will significantly enhance the content-value of the Casebook proper, so watch this space for future updates!

Thanks as always for your support, and please give a warm welcome to your new Editors, Alex and Chris!

Stephen

Stephen P. Ryder, Exec. Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2407
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stephen

You couldn't have chosen two better people. Congratulations Alex and Chris.

Robert

David O'Flaherty
Inspector
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 283
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yup--great choices, Stephen. Alex and Chris will make terrific editors.

Cheers,
Dave

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm in complete and utter agreement with Robert's post, but couldn't you see your way to making my old sparring and supporting partner, Robert, an editor responsible for the radical and wayward department on the boards.
He is such a treasure.
Robert, I hereby appoint you the Emperor of the Other Side.
Set fire to your shirt and abandon all hope.
Seriously folks, Alex and Chris are the finest, and I can see the future with them.
Robert, we should have never have listened to them goon shows, but we did... thank god.
Wise decision Stephen, and I wish Alex and Chris all the best.

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 1673
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations, Alex and Scott.
I completely concur with Robert; excellent choice of editors. Best of luck.

All the best
Glenn Gustaf Lauritz Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Dan Norder
Sergeant
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations, Alex and Chris... and congrats to Stephen too for getting them! I look forward to seeing how the Casebook develops with the extra talent.

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

Jeffrey Bloomfied
Inspector
Username: Mayerling

Post Number: 341
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congradulations Chris and Alex on your new editorial assignment, and Stephen on your decision to share editorial work on the Casebook.

All the best to you three and the website.

Jeff

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 3:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats and best wishes, Alex and Chris. I feel safe in the extra hands already, and I'm sure Stephen and the Casebook do too.

Lots of love,

Caz
XXX

Richard Brian Nunweek
Chief Inspector
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 839
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 4:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I have noticed a growth to our members list over the last couple of months, and I can see this trend continuing.
So to share editorial duties, is a positive decision. and I offer my best wishes to Stephen, Alex, and Chris,[who are great choices for these positions].
Regards Richard.

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 4:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stephen,

Excellent choice.

Alex & Chris,

This has made Monty a Happy Bunny. You both hold my respect at the hard work you do and my amazement at the results you both produce. Im sure this decision will not only prove to be beneficial to this site but also to us that use it in terms of accuracy and relevance......

....so no pressure there then !

Monty
:-)

Our little group has always been and always will until the end...

Alan Sharp
Chief Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 569
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 4:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My congratulations also to Chris and Alex, who have always been two of the most generous members of the board with both their time and their information. Excellent choices both, I'm sure the site will go from strength to strength with their involvement.

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector
Username: Severn

Post Number: 738
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congratulations Chris and Alex.Brilliant---you couldn"t have chosen better!
Best Natalie

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 12:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks to everyone for the messages and the mails I have received
I will do my best to live up to your high expectations!
All the best
Chris

Jennifer D. Pegg
Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 274
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats to you alex and chris. If a little deykaed (sorry).
Chris - i'm sure you won't have a problem living up to expectations.
Alex - good luck to you too.
stephen - yuo couldn't have picked better.
i guess this means there will be a lot going on round these parts now!!!(not that there wasn't already!!!)
Jennifer

Kelly Robinson
Sergeant
Username: Kelly

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What an exciting time to be involved in a site that is evolving upwards and outwards!
Kelly

Alex Chisholm
Detective Sergeant
Username: Alex

Post Number: 94
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you all for the generous comments and good wishes.

I count myself privileged to have this opportunity to work with Stephen and Chris, and hopefully build upon Stephen’s already great achievements.

As a great philosopher recently observed, “...so no pressure there then !”

Best Wishes
alex

John Ruffels
Inspector
Username: Johnr

Post Number: 218
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

May I add my congratulations from far-off Australia?
Since registering on Casebook's Message Boards, I have been amazed at my learning curve about the manifold and magnificent uses to which the Internet can be put.
Casebook is a great prototype;
a template for other potential information hordes.
With Stephen P Ryder as my guide, I have been dragged kicking and screaming into the 1880's!!
Thanks for being so generous with your time Stephen.
And well done in picking such great Editorial
confreres Chris and Alex. They both deserve your choice as worthy like-mindeds. Their unselfishness, like yours, deserves our eternal gratitude.
Doubtless in years to come others may be chosen
and let's just hope no-body goes and spoils it all by SOLVING the Nineteenth Centuries greatest connundrum!
Viva Casebook and its Editors!

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1071
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2004 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alex,

A great philosopher indeed !

Its a good job I turned Spry down. Otherwise you wouldnt have a job now. Trawling through newspapers aint a proper job. What you have now is a proper job.

Seriously all the best to Chris and yourself...not that you need it !

Monty
:-)

(Message edited by monty on April 30, 2004)
Our little group has always been and always will until the end...

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 741
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2004 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Stephen, Alex, and Chris

I think this is a good development for Casebook. Both Alex and Chris bring varied research skills and backgrounds to "Casebook: JtR" and will be helpful in the further development for what is a most valuable and essential site on the case. I look forward to seeing "Casebook" go on to even better things in future years. Onward and upward!

All the best

Chris

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.