Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through February 03, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Creative Writing and Expression » Cat The Ripper : The Mr Diddles Thread » Archive through February 03, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2027
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard
My main concern is to see Diddles looking so innocent here........unjustly accused I say...

suzixx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2028
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If a tad blurry..........Oh well at least we know where he is tonight..............for the time being anyway!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Suzixx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2029
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert
You SHOULD read the LWW BUT as far as Im concerned (for what thats worth....) 'Out of the Silent Planet','Voyage to Venus' and 'That Hideous Strength' are Lewis's best they are sensational!!.....well I think so.................
No cats in em tho!!!!

Love

Suzi xx

Robert Clack
Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 466
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi

I was uploading some of my old photos onto the computer and this one caught my eye. Call me quackers but it must prove Diddles innocent.

Rob

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4006
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi, is that a bonnet burning in that fire?????

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2030
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Out of the Silent Puuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlanet" has a certain ring tho I feel!

Suzix

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2031
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Duck me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we've got it all wrong!!!!

No sign of the kettle tho eh......that duck went up a treat!!!!!!

Heeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeee welcome quack chaps!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzi xxxxxx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2032
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

C O M E O N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even the most serious of us must be Q U A C K I N G a smile here!!! Personally have had to head for the litter tray!!!!!!!:-) :-)

Thanks chaps!! Dont stop!

Suzi xx

George Hutchinson
Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 285
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rob.

I have reason to believe your contribution here is a fake to deflect attention from the real guilty party of the master criminal Diddles.

I know it is very difficult to spot, but if you look very carefully you might be able to see that someone has manipulated this image of the Board School to try to fool the viewer into seeing something that isn't real, and quite frankly I'm appalled that anyone could stoop so low as to pass the buck (s Row) and reassign responsibility for the atrocities.

Exactly - it's the wrong type of knife.

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2033
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Inspector Clack!!!!!

There is enclosed Sir ............Vital CCTV images taken as I type...............

Lawks!!!!!!
Suzixxxx

Robert Clack
Inspector

Post Number: 467
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now Philip, you know a duck fits the bill! and considering Bucks Row use to be called Ducking Pond Row, well Case Closed (now where have I heard that before).
Suzi, thank you for proving Diddles was fitted up. C.C.T.V in 1888? wasn't one of Philips videos was it?

Rob

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1548
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Quite honestly I have been wondering about Donald
since my sixth birthday[154 years ago!].
I suspected him then of that plot to kill off poor Dumbo"s mother.Now I am convinced of it.He even has the angelic countenance that is often seen to belong to a certain type of delusional killer.
Thankyou Robert for providing the proof we have all been waiting for.
Very Touched
Natsx

Robert Clack
Inspector

Post Number: 468
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now Natalie, you don't look a day over 25.

There was a Jack the Ripper character in an episode of 'Duck Tales'. No he didn't mutilate Minnie Mouse(although the ghoul in me would like to see that) because it's a children's show. He was called 'Jack the Tripper'.

Just going to lie down, getting a Disney spell

Rob

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2034
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NO No NO It was Bambi's!!!! That was what has scarred me to this day! The CAD (T!)

These guys'll try anything tho....

Suzi x

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4007
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob, it may interest you to know that Donald the Ripper is technically still alive.

He's in a state of suspended animation.

Robert

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 287
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Isn't it time Disney did a Ripper-themed animation cartoon? Oh God, I'm not even going to go there. Let's gloss over that one...

Suzi - the CCTV shots are completely inspired! Even down to the location! They outdo Bagpuss at Miller's Court. I personally think, though, it was Diddles humiliating the poor hamster by dressing it in a minature version of his own clothes. I wish we could work some way of getting images like this high enough quality for the book.

You know cats have 9 lives? That is going to make it very difficult for me to include them in my lecture if they can't be killed. Has anyone ever seen a ghost cat (actually, a friend of mine has!)?

Rob - What do you know about my videos?!

Nats - I am seeing a theme evolving here. Donald... Hmm... Donald 'Rumbelow' Duck!

PHILIP

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 288
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just had the most wonderful thought.

Think of this and laugh...

The sound of Donald Duck saying "Will you?"

PHILIP

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2035
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Youre Nicked my son!!!
Spooky eh!! caught in the full glare of a gaslight!!!

OMG come back Disney!!!!!

Suzi x

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1549
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have had difficulty stopping laughing over that last one Hutch!Just imagine it!

Robert Clack
Inspector

Post Number: 469
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Philip,

Disney did, well sort of.
Suzi told me about your videos, one drink and a red hanky and she'll tell you everything.

Robert, that was awful, even by your standards.

Seriously to all Disney fans, I never meant to implicate 'Donald'. The drawing just looks like him.

Rob (getting ready to duck).

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 289
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just posted an e-mail to Suzi. Donald angrily shouting 'Lipski!' is another possibility.

Suzi - your cat above is James Maybrick. It is so similar to that face-on shot of him in the top hat. And I think I can see a watch chain.

Hey - I think I can do Sir Charles Warren with Barnaby and Burgho here...

PHILIP

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2036
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Philip....I have (seen a ghost cat)...there was one which used to cross yr path as you walked through a particular doorway in a house I once lived in ....sad,,,,a tad boring but true...........any way where were we???

Suzixx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2037
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NO NO NO NOT Tom Kitten please!!!!!! No more Beer Tricks Potter!!!!

There MUST be a limit!!!

Nah!! carry on!!
Suzi xx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2038
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 6:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Philip!
I Love the Warren and B and B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Inspired I say!!!!! hang on let me browse the emoticons!!!!............God the flags go on forever!!!!!!.......... cant be doing with it! Hats off to Phil there!!!!!
Suzi

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 290
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 7:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi - you have made me think of something else here (yes, you are right about the flags - and what's happened to some of the others they used to have, like the brilliant vomiting emoticon?).

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Thomas Bowyer!

PHILIP

PS : Suzi - as in the song - No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no there's no limits! Any cat is fair game now.

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2040
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 7:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

JUST when I thought it was safe to go to bed this arrived on my desk........it appears that after intense interrogation the suspect agreed to pose for this 'mog' shot

Case closed!!

Suzixx

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 266
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 8:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do declare that you've all gone completely mad!
Seriously, if none of you can be serious for even a minute.. then carry on chaps! My cats have never been so studious... I have caught them reading my Ripper books on more than one occasion now. And I have seen Monty paws over the Diddles references. I suspect that he now wants to know why I named him after Druitt and not Diddles...

Bestest,

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2041
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 5:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!!!!
First thing Sunday morning.......a rattle of the cat flap........and...........

GOTCHA!!!!!

Suzi xx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2042
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 6:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And then.......

Mind you........anyone remember this chap??

Suzi xx

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1556
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone done a bit of a whoopsie here Suzi???????

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2050
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What???????????????????? Something I missed????????????
Whats the prob?? No dafter than usual!!!!

Suzi xxx ???

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 267
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suz,

I absolutely love the cat pics! No whoopsie that I can see!

Love ya!

Lyn
"When a man grows tired of London, he grows tired of life" (or summat like that)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2056
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Lyn!

Thats the cat next door by the way a WICKHAM cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Watch out for them I say!!!!!!!

Suzi xx

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 268
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 5:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suz,

A Wickham cat, eh! Not so far from London - just up the A1!

Seems that ALL cats are suspect now!

Love ya,

Lyn

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 5:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

especially ones that do whoopsies!

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 - 6:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was only playing Suzi,! love Natsxxx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2057
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 1:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He he I know! Right chaps! lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzi xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2060
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 4:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blimey! seriously quiet here chaps!

'Spot the Mog' competition coming on here

X marks the spot eh??'or........ * ............!! he he!..depends which way it's going I guess!
He He! Thanks to whoever this great pic is from....Robert! ? xx

Suzi xx

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 293
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 7:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi.

That shot was taken by me last year - it's when I found out that Abel's Buildings, thought by every Ripper author to be Swallows Gardens, actually wasn't! Quite gutted.

Folkies, my troubles are over. My PC was entirely reformatted today and I am back without any of the nasties I had before.

I would suggest Mr Diddles is over the patch of water in the middle. He has done a Diddles widdle in all probability.

Anyone got any suggestions of a Diddles they want to see? I can always spend 20 seconds drawing one.

PHILIP

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 269
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 8:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Suz,

I always was good at spot the ball, so... (won 100 pounds once!) Diddles is most definitely in that dark spot, with his face turned away so you can't see the whites of his eyes. (Philip, you're way off, mate!)

I see that the dastardly cat also managed to paint some graffito on the wall. Hmm... 2502... possibly, "2 victims down so far, 5 lives left, 0 witness reports, shall keep on ripping 2 pieces".

Well, it's as good a guess as any!

Philip,

Anyone got any suggestions of a Diddles they want to see? I can always spend 20 seconds drawing one.

My cat, Montague, would very much like to see one of his namesake. Many thanks in advance!

Bestest,

Lyn

Bob Wall
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 4:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you suggesting a kitty did it?

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2063
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 1:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yep! reckon youre right......it was after the kitty-chat all this started!!!!!!
Suzix

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 297
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 5:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am no whizz with my software, but I do have a new one to contribute (Your request is noted, Lyn). Meet the new kid on the block.

kittenkiller

PHILIP

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2065
Posted on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 6:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Now Youre talkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
feel a masonic puss and that brute coming on .......or a Mr Knight!
Suzi xxxxx

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 303
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 9:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan Norder! I hereby pronounce you guilty of harboring a serial killer on your shoulder (with apologies to Emma).

Y'know, you really shouldn't post these shots on JTR Forums if you don't want people to do this sort of thing...

PHILIP

Emma

(Message edited by Philip on February 02, 2005)

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 3062
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hahaha... :-)
This thread is cracking me up... some of the weirdest stuff I have ever seen.
What a community.

By the way, all cute fluffy animals aside, what happened to all those charming line sketches? Have you two stopped producing those?

All the best
G. Andersson, author
Sweden
The Swedes are the men That Will not be Blamed for Nothing

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2069
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 5:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A CHALLENGE PHIL!!!!!!!!!
Feel one coming on............................. (then will get the pen out!! He He!
Suzix

Robert Clack
Inspector

Post Number: 476
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 5:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi

I took that photo of Philips, sent it to the Forensic Dept, at Scotland Yard. It went through some thorough scientific testing (it was the morally correct and proper thing to do). And they sent back this.

DUCK PRINTS.

Apparently, there was a white powder substance close by which looks like quack cocaine.
So the little sh*t was a drug user as well.

Rob

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 304
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 7:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob - so it's just as well that was Abel's Buildings then, and has nothing to do with Jack - isn't it?! HA!!!

I think those particular prints are left from the Tower Scandal of 1904, when the Yeoman Warders were permitted (unofficially) to keep 'Duck Whores' in the Tower of London (bear in mind how close this is to it). I suspect the powder that was discovered was arsenic. I think they found an old watch key and a bottle of Quink nearby too.

I met with a mate of mine last night and can tell you you can walk a route to cover pretty much all the sites - in 3 hours I took him to about 25 different Ripper sites. We walked through this alley at about 9:15pm, through Durward Street and Winthrop Street at about 9:45 - these places I didn't find at all spooky (though I may be anaethetised to them now).

Difficult to recall which arch it was meant to be in Swallows Gardens - there are loads of them in different styles - BUT we found one of them was open and fully lit (sadly, I don't think it was our one) and we got a photo.

I also found that Miller's Court is still standing (now in Batty Street) and had my photo taken outside Mary's room. More evidence of that soon. It was quite uncanny.

God, what an evening it was!

It's been suggested to me that I make some audio guide so you can walk a FULL Ripper route by yourself which would take in all these sites and not just the canonical 5 plus a couple of others. But then again, another project was put forward to me at the same time which is more exciting (but that one's under wraps - I seem to be involved in a lot of those at the moment)!

Glenn - Diddles is far from dead in my 2D world. I've just been too busy. I know Lyn wants an MJD one and I have an idea for that.

PHILIP

Robert Clack
Inspector

Post Number: 477
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 8:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Philip,

You got a mate? when did this happen? Oh well one more than me.

Abel Buildings was his escape route.

I look forward to seeing your Millers Court photo, Although I thing the street name it is in says it all.

The audio tapes a good idea, didn't Martin Fido do one a few years back, I'm sure someone did.

Rob

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.