Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Jack the Ripper Conspiracies - NEW DV... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Documentaries » Jack the Ripper Conspiracies - NEW DVD! ntsc or Pal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Liam Dale
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 10, 2003 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Excellent website! Hopefully Stephen won't mind me plugging my new humble efforts into the world of Ripper with the release of JACK THE RIPPER CONSPIRACIES on DVD. Either as Pal format or ntsc for USA/CANADA. Available from http://www.ldtv.co.uk Thanks for reading!

Christopher DiGrazia
Police Constable
Username: Cmd

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the link, Liam. I've placed my order, and am looking forward to reviewing this in the next issue of Ripper Notes.

Christopher DiGrazia
Editor, Ripper Notes

Andy and Sue Parlour
Sergeant
Username: Tenbells

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 3:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello All,
Re Liam Dale and his DVD 'The Jack the Ripper Conspiracies'. Whether you go along with this theory or not, Liam has put together a well made documentary. It will be a valuable addition to any collection. Highly recommended.

Andy.

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2735
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jack the Ripper Conspiracies
DVD/VHS
Liam Dale TV, 2003

As documentaries go, this one definitely runs toward the sensational. That's not to say its a bad production, by any means. You'll see great shots of modern Whitechapel and excellent coverage of each canonical Ripper victim and many of the major suspects. But its certainly not for the squeamish. The very first scene opens with shots of each victim, and the sound of a man hyperventilating heard in the background. Suddenly the camera cuts to a man squeezing a liver, or some ghastly organ, between his fingers, then drawing blood and gore across a woman's bare torso.

Like I said, its not for everyone. But as long as you're not turned off by occasional bits of gore, the rest of the show is quite enjoyable. Shots of modern Whitechapel are peppered throughout, providing interesting views of the murder scenes and general area as they are today.

Available for purchase at: http://www.ldtv.co.uk/acatalog/Index_Horror_Crime_39.html

Stephen P. Ryder, Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper

Faye
Police Constable
Username: Faye

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I received the documentary by mail yesterday and watched it with my boyfriend, who is not the historical buff and not patient enough to read my books or known with the case other than hearing my occasional ramblings about my theories. :-) He was very much fascinated by it and thought it was very good.

I personally thought it was a great overall view of the case and a good introduction. I think it was very well researched and it certainly was much better than I expected when ordering it since most of the movies and documentaries on the case seem to be filled with inacuracies. My compliments to mr Liam Dale!

There was only one small thing that I wonder about.In the documentary it is mentioned that it was believed Annie Chapman might have been killed elsewhere because of the timeframe. This is a theory that I can't recall hearing about. Perhaps someone can clarify this?

Many thanks
Faye

Andrew Spallek
Detective Sergeant
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 57
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just watched the documentary last night. Extremely good overview for the novice to the case (my wife) with enough atmospheric photography to hold the interest of the buff. I did find the narration the be -- forgive me -- a bit amaturish sounding.

At around $10 US from buy.com I'm glad I purchased it. But I'm also glad I didn't pay any more for it.

All in all, well done.

Andy

Markus v. Ahlften
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just wondering : why is it called : conspiracies ?

From what the others say here, it sounds like the usual JtR documentary.

But then again - "Conspiracies" sounds as it it either goes deeper into the royal conspiracy
or has some new conspiracy to unfold.

But it looks it hasn't, has it ?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.