Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Looking for a specific letter Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Letters and Communications » Other Letters » Looking for a specific letter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dan Norder
Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 216
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm starting to wonder if my mind was playing tricks on me here.

Before I bought Stewart Evans and Keith Skinner's [i]Jack the Ripper: Letters from Hell[/i], I browsed through it at the local Barnes and Noble. I distinctly remember coming across some letter or telegram or something, that had the name "Thomas Tittot" as either an addressee, or on a return address, or something like that. Possibly crossed out, but something that wouldn't necessarily jump out at you at any rate, so not like a signature at the bottom or anything.

Of course the problem is after I bought the book and got it home, I can't for the life of me find mention of that name anywhere. I've read the book, looked through the texts of the letters in the back and examined all the photos like three or four times. I've looked for things that I might have somehow confused myself into seeing that name instead of what was actually there. I emailed Stewart about it, and he said it didn't sound familiar. I'm running out of ideas here.

At this point the only things that I can think of are that I'm somehow missing it this time through or that maybe I somehow get my memory really confused and it was really in some other Ripper book I browsed through that day (the new Diary book and some others I can't recall). Or maybe I'm hallucinating or something.

I know it's kind of obscure and not much to go on, but does anyone know of some Ripper-related letter or communication like this?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 744
Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 5:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan,
its not in Cornwall is it?
Jennifer
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Peter Sipka
Detective Sergeant
Username: Peter

Post Number: 59
Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 6:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Dan,

Perhaps this was some sort of vision you had. Could "Thomas Tittot" be the Ripper? If you can't find it in the other books, than that's pretty weird. I Googled it, like I'm sure you've done, but nothing came up.
Strange.

P.S.-not to get off subject, but since you are here, did you by any chance write this article?

http://www.mythology.com/bloodymary.html

(Message edited by Peter on August 15, 2004)

Dan Norder
Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 220
Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I distinctly remember thinking "I wanted it before, but I definitely need to buy this book" when I saw it, so I don't know how I could be thinking of another book. I don't know.

Thomas (or Tom) Tittot definitely isn't the killer, but (if it really existed as something more than a hallucination on my part) it shows a link between some ot the other Ripper commnications, by theme at least if not by author.

And, yup, as a matter of fact, that Bloody Mary article you linked to is mine (along with the whole mythology.com site), and I've researched lots more information since I wrote that. I'm working (slowly) on making it into a full book. If I can't get this Tittot thing figured out I might do a short bit for the October issue of Ripper Notes on the alleged links between the Bloody Mary game and the Ripper case.

Dan Norder, editor, Ripper Notes

Jennifer D. Pegg
Chief Inspector
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 745
Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan,
I had a look it doesn't appear to be in Cornwall so cross that one off the list!
Jennifer
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.