Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Jack the ripper Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Jack the ripper « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jackie oozageer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello All those who check out this page I've been reading Patrica Cornwells book about her findings on the ripper case good reading let me know if anyone has read this book and there opinions as to the contents there was a television documentary also anyone watch it

Alan Sharp
Detective Sergeant
Username: Ash

Post Number: 121
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie

Take a look under Non-Fiction Books on the Media part of the board, or under Walter Sickert on the Suspects part of the board if you want to find people's opinions on the book. But to give you a rough idea, opinions vary, mainly between it's a little bit lousy to it's the most dishonest piece of rubbish ever written on the subject!

Jennifer D. Pegg
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 130
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

jackie
i think you'll find there is a general lack of credit given to the cornwell book.
check out the threrads under ripper media
jennifer

Severn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jackie, the reason I got interested in JtR was because I was so affronted by her decision to be judge and jury regarding Walter Sickert.Now I happen to paint myself and consider old Walter to be a brilliant painter one of the very few in my view to make it from Britain into the top ranks of impressionist painting and to cap it all she has been busy making holes in this heritage work to find DNA evidence.I have honestly never read such unsubstatiantiated.It wouldnt be so bad if shed half proved her theory but to present it as a fait accompli is ridiculous.There are a number of far better books out there to provide information-Donald Rumbelows is really good and heis updating it apparently at the present time.Paul Begg too and numbers of others .And for more in depth current discussion-well come on these boards are second to none!Natalie

CB
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 7:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI Jackie I have read cornwells book an unlike most people who post I found it interesting. However cornwell takes many liberties with the facts and her book is full of speculation. She did convince me that sickert had an obsesion with the JTR Case and he may have written jack letters the doodles on some ripper letters do seem to match sickert doodles and his painting of jack the ripper bedroom is odd. I often thought that another odd thing was that he seems to pop up in many different theorys such as the lodger the royal conspiracey and now cornwell. It is important when studing jack that you dont get so cought up in your own theory that you turn a blind eye twards other possibilities I feel Cornwell did put blinders on and there are alot of other more viable suspects that she never brought up I would have liked to heard her oppinions on tumblety Barnett or even the boogey man vassily. Along with the books that Natalie brought up i would recomend Stuart Evans Books First American serial killer and the ultimate companion. Take care CB

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.