Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Ripper Walk Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Whitechapel » Ripper Walk « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

tired_of_jack_the_ripper
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first monday back at skool im going on jack the ripper walk but i dunno where, does any1 know where?

Jennifer Mohney
Police Constable
Username: Bootsoffire

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 5:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.jack-the-ripper-walk.co.uk/walk.htm

I have not been on this tour, but I have read a book by one of the guides "Walking Haunted London." If the tour is anything like the book, it should be very interesting!

Let us know how it is!

tired_of_jack_the_ripper
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! i went on it last nite. It gave me no more info that i had for my project. i think its good to go on if u know little about jack the ripper. ht guide didnt know where he was going and he's most funny saying is "this is where catherine eddowes died, no its not! ITS WHERE THE DRUNK MAN THATS SHOUTING US IS AT!" whitechapel is horrible

Bob Hinton
Sergeant
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 49
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Am I the only person who thinks this is another JTR letter hoax?

Here we have someone who writes:

" i went on it last nite"

and then manages to spell the following quite correctly:

"this is where catherine eddowes died, no its not! ITS WHERE THE DRUNK MAN THATS SHOUTING US IS AT!" whitechapel is horrible"

If this isn't a hoax I'm afraid it shows the shocking state of education in 2003!

Bob Hinton

Robert Clack
Detective Sergeant
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 72
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All

I've been on two "Jack the Ripper walks". One (I won't mention his name) went round all the murder sites, but I knew more about the case then he did.

The other one I went on was given by Donald Rumbelow and was brilliant, of all the murder sites, he only went to George Yard and Mitre Square, (we did walk down Commercial Street and pass Dorset Street.) Although I didn't learn anything particularly new about Jack the Ripper, I did learn a great deal about the area and the social conditions at the time, and that gave me a whole new perspective of the case and helped me understand my interest in Jack the Ripper.

tired_cos_of_jack_the_ripper
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Bob!
It's my slang, teens usually have it these days! im going to speak probably on here. But the drunk man was very scary!! i mean it! i was a rubbish tour and i did not learn anything new!!!! the guide got mary kelly's age wrong!!! what type of a guide is that?! Whitechapel was worse than i thought though! We lost our driver and didnt leave until 9:45 at night! 45 minutes late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy

Zach
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Am brand new to this discussion board and am a recent convert to the whole Ripper Case. From the experts on this boards, is it worh the time to go on the "Jack The Ripper" walking tour?

Thanks,
Zach

tired_cos_of_jack_the_ripper
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To Zach
Yes it is worth it if you dont know much about the subject!
From amy

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.