Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through August 15, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Whitechapel Society 1888 » Archive through August 15, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2277
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 4:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Philip
Didnt see that Lyns just alerted me to it but obviously after the 'removal'.

Oh well will keep everything crossed here
Suzixx

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1761
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi,
It all sounds very painful!Still you"ve the right approach-don"t let the b*gg**rs get you down!Hope you feel a lot better soon.I"m away for a few days and when I get back I hope you are much improved!
Natsxxx----and yes lets go to the Saatchi next time you are up in London.

Philip,
you too ---dont let it get to you-you dont HAVE to take offence-ignore it!
Natalie

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1762
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 5:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Frogg,Lisa,
The whole thing was great.I hope to make the June meeting -not sure yet but probably will.
Sorry not to have met Andy and Sue Parlour-thats the trouble-unless people introduce themselves or you go round introducing yourself you dont really know who is or isnt there !

Howard!sounds like the grass is always greener
elsewhere!Most nights here its TV, a film,the casebook,a video,books,sometimes trashy pop stuff---nobody goes out that much here except "celebrities"[apparently just to be photographed in the right places] and tourists
in fact a term has been coined about it -staying in is the new going out!!!I ask you!
Natalie

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2281
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 5:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OMG have posted a pic of the potential assassin on the Dids thread but here he is!!!!
heheheheh off to curl up on the sofa!!!!! safre there!
Suzix

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2282
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 6:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

S A F E R TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way too many painkillers he he thanks for a lot of (Ouch) laughs tonight chaps!!
Suzixx

Alan Sharp
Chief Inspector
Username: Ash

Post Number: 811
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 8:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil

Just out of interest after our chat on Saturday, I had a look at that ebay profile and it is beyond any doubt the same person who invaded my website. Several things she says about the "crank author" are very obvious references to my site. Seems we have made ourselves a mutual enemy, though I am still at a loss to know how!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me" - Hunter S. Thompson (1939-2005)
Visit my website - http://www.ashbooks.co.uk/

George Hutchinson
Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 451
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 5:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think, Alan, this is a clear warning for all of us. There is a very nasty and seriously unhinged piece of work out there. We all need to be on our guard. I know at least one other contributor to this site and two high-ranking Ripperologists she has done a similar thing to. I just happen to be Satan #1 as I blew the whistle on her.

I have sent Spry the full information about this individual and the info she nicely put about us on her ABOUT ME page (have you seen it? It is deranged!). Her postings on this site have been removed.

I have no doubt she will read this and go into another frenetic maelstrom of malignancy but thanks for the back-up. When accusations are as strong as mine, one needs clarification.

I would just like to reiterate that should anyone see a posting on this site slating some of us from Unregistered Guests which seem to be unwarranted, please let Spry or myself know. This individual has a very recognisable writing habit in content and wording.

Oh that they were MJD and this were early December...

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Howard Brown
Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 307
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil....I can see why she doesn't get along with Alan, but why did she single you out?

Wudja do? Stiff her on a tour ? If all she is is crazy, send her to me. I'm her huckleberry.

Just kidding,Alan.

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 454
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 7:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Howard.

She tried to rip me off on my Spitalfields Nippers book I posted images from here. She then started succeeding in ripping people off on eBay - rude e-mails, not paying, withdrawing bids, threatening other members, stopping payment after the goods were sent, leaving nasty negatives all over the place and libelling me.

I got singled out because I took the stand of everyone else (4 of the 'victims' were people I had bought from and was very pleased with) and posted a warning about her on here and on my own ABOUT ME page. This was when I started getting mad ridiculous e-mails about calling the police and the nastiness started on her own ABOUT ME page - utter and complete lies from beginning to end; the old method of doing something negative and then saying the other person actually was the one who did it.

She won't give up, in spite of the fact every door is being slammed in her face. She's from another planet.

I can't sit around and watch someone shafting people. I spearheaded the campaign to do something about it, so that made me the main enemy. Ironic, really, as I was the only one she never succeeded in doing over. Maybe that's why I'm so detested. The Devil wants my soul!!!

PHILIP

adrian morris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 1:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All those who complained about the sound level and the microphone system at the last WS1888 meeting. Frogg has outlined the situation with the speaker. This 'profile' Alan Price approach- as was described by a inputter, was so you could actually hear something.And I believe you did!
We didn't have a second microphone on the night as we rely on a speaker system to be brought along by hand and by me!
Don't worry though, we will try to have a second microphone ready by the next meeting.

We do do our best. And we can only get better, but, please be patient.

ADRIAN. (Editor: Whitechapel Journal 1888)

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 569
Posted on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 8:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

It's that time again. This Saturday is the next meeting of the Whitechapel Society 1888. Tonight's guest speaker will be Professor Ifan Shepherd, who will discuss "Charles Booth's Maps of the East End"
This is what the Whitechapel Journal has to say:

Professor Shepherd will reveal the extraordinary nature of Booth's investigation, and what it can reveal about the poor - as well as the rich - who lived in the streets of late-Victorian London. His talk will end with a virtual recreation of the East End, drawn from the data collected by Booth's pioneering research project.

Since I have an interest in Victorian London and especially Victorian maps of London I am quite looking forward to this, and the virtual recreation looks fascinating.

If you wish to become a member, please go to www.whitechapelsociety.com

Rob

Frogg Moody
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 3:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheers Robert,
Charles Booth's maps of the East End is the talk I've really been looking forward to.
We are looking forward to a good turn-out for this one and even the East End newspapers have been interested!
The next WS1888 Journal is available again soon with articles on Polly Nichols, Patricia Cornwell, W.T.Stead, Frederick Deeming plus all the WS1888 regular articles & news.

'The Whitechapel Society, a Society unique in the world of Ripperology.'

Frogg.

Frogg Moody
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 2:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheer Robert,
This is the talk I've really been looking forward to!

The WS1888 Journal will be available soon as well with articles on Polly Nichols, W.T.Stead, Patricia Cornwell, Frederick Deeming plus all the WS1888 regular articles and news.

Join the Whitechapel Society, a society unique in the world of Ripperology.
Frogg.

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 542
Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a fun meeting tonight. Everyone in fine form and slightly less smokey than last time!

Ifan's presentation was very enjoyable and the premiere of his outstanding 3D map of the Wentworth Street area twice drew spontaneous applause - and deservedly so! What a piece of kit!

I'd like to add my personal thanks to Caz for the birthday card (bless you, me dear!) and to Andy A for not nicking my original Tom Robinson when I showed it to him!

Alan - here's looking at your one! (erm... that isn't quite what I meant...)

PHILIP

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2013
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 4:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everybody,
yes Phil,it was great fun and an excellent presentation with that brilliant 3D map of the Wentworth Street area rounding it off in such an exciting way.Wish I could have stayed a bit longer
but I enjoyed it very much nevertheless.Oh and I never knew you had an original Tom Robinson Phil,How fantastic!
I too found the room a bit less smokey however thought we could maybe get a few more of those foldaway metal chairs [ eg those you can get for under a tenner each from Habitat and very strong].If the Whitechapel Society all chipped in I"m sure we could get half a dozen or so between us?
Anyway-a brilliant night
Nats
xxxx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2554
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 6:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Going to try 200000000000000000000% to get there next time
Love Suzi xx

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 573
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 9:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

Yes another great evening. Ifan was a very good and entertaining speaker. The sound was good and when Ifan had to speak without the mike he had a good clear speaking voice.
The turnout wasn't the best I have seen, but there were some new faces amongst the regulars, but those who did turn up were the fortunate ones as both Phil and Natalie have mentioned, the 3D map was superb and took everybody by surprise and Ifan deservedly got a round of applause.

Roll on August and Alan's talk.

Rob

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 506
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 9:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Umm...this is good news,this latest meeting.

How about them what are too far away to attend and yet,carry the banner, valiantly may I add, of the Whitechapel Society on furrin' soil ?

Throw me a bone...a photo perhaps..is that too much to ask? I'm a lone voice, nay ! the lone voice, on a continent of 290,000,000 people...all I have is my imagination...and the flickering hope that Good Captain Clack can provide the antidote to my isolation in a largely indifferent and hostile land..

HowBrown

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 543
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 1:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi How!

You'll be compensated for your distance when you get the latest newslettery journal thingy. It has a 3-page detailed write-up on the previous meeting, so I wouldn't be surprised if Ifan's gets the same next time.

I would also like to add, whilst we are on the subject, that Bill Beadle's item on the trashy aspects of Ripper literature (I'm sure we all know of the books in question; painters and surgeons beware!) was one of the best and most accessible I have ever read. It really summed them up brilliantly.

Nats - corking idea about the seats. I have had to stand each time as I come straight from work and get there just before it begins. Yesterday I had on a brand new pair of baseball boots and my feet were killing me!!!

PHILIP

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 510
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 2:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Compensated? I demand satisfaction,sir !

Where's my photo of Caz ? Who cares about a bunch of hardankles jawing about JTR ?

Appeal to my prurient interests and I am yours ,sor.

But I do look forward to what I miss in absentia and exile...in the newsletters.

Thanks Phil and thanks for helping out in that other matter that I asked you about yesterday.

Capt. Dreyfuss
Hut 4
Devils Island...
HowBrown

Tee@jtrforums
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

Caz it was nice to get to kiss you once again (rubbin it in ;) ) And as stated above it was a good night, but tipsy Tee & partner got there a little late, but was lucky enough to see the very shweet Interactive 3Dimensional Maps. But above all to see all the familiar faces once again. Great to meet Alan Sharp. And equally nice to of seen all my old friends from Liverpool again. And not forgeting Liza of course.

And for those going to the next one I`ll see you there.

Tee.

Frogg Moody
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 4:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all,
Last night was one of the best at The City Darts. Ifan's 'East End Maps' was simply fantastic! Thanks for all the feedback on chairs and sound etc at the City Darts venue - we will address this at our next committee meeting.
Frogg.

Adrian Morris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 4:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone,

Frogg is right. These meetings are great, take it from me. The next one, in August (first saturday of), will feature Alan Sharp discussing the Irish dimension to the Ripper crimes.
Thanks all for your kind comments, especially about the sound quality that we make sure is perfect all the time, Alan Price included!!!!

As for chairs, your bums are in the hands of the landlord, oh, er!!!

ADRIAN MORRIS. (Editor: The Whitechapel Society 1888 Journal)

frogg moody
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 1:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
The next WS1888 interim meeting is this Saturday, July 2nd at 'The City Darts' public house Commercial St. London. 7.30pm.

This meeting is open to members & non-members and is a great introduction to those thinking of joining the WS1888.

Frogg.

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 605
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 9:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

Doesn't time fly, this Saturday is the August meeting of the Whitechapel Society 1888. And it's another one of those talks I have been looking forward to. Tonight's guest speaker will be Alan Sharp (author of "London Correspondence: Jack the Ripper and the Irish Press")

Alan will be discussing "FROM DUBLIN CASTLE TO SCOTLAND YARD: ROBERT ANDERSON AND THE SECRET IRISH DEPARTMENT".

Alan will trace Robert Anderson's dealings with the Anti-Fenian movement, starting from his early appointment at Dublin Castle, his arrival in London to work in the Irish Office and his dealings with the Fenian double agent, Major Henri Le Caron.
Along the way we will meet several familiar characters including James Monro, Melville MacNaghten & George Littlechild. Alan also intends to look at the possibilities of Francis Tumblety's involvement in the Fenian movement.

(from 'The Whitechapel 1888 Journal')

Sir Robert Anderson is one of those you either love him or hate him characters and I am looking forward to hearing Alan's take on this fascinating person.
Alan has a loud clear speaking voice, so sound issues wont be a problem. And Alan's talk will give us a foretaste of his forthcoming biography on Sir Robert Anderson.

For membership details please go to www.whitechapelsociety.com

For details of Alan's book and ordering details please go to http://www.ashbooks.co.uk/).

Rob

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2261
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rob,
I am hoping to be back in London that weekend.
Looking forward immensely to Alan"s talk as I thought his book was brilliant!
Nats
x

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 606
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Natalie

Hope to see you there.

Rob x

Frogg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, July 31, 2005 - 6:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert,
We are all looking forward to Alan's talk. We also hope to see some new faces at the meeting.

Best wishes,
Frogg.

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 611
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 9:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,

Another great. Alan's talk was fascinating, I am really looking forward to his book on Sir Robert Anderson, which hopefully will be out next year.
There was a very good turn out this evening, one of the best that I have seen. According to Coral there was a total of 43 people (I hope I remembered that right).
The best news of the night was that 'The City Darts' has reverted back to 'The Princess Alice' and is in the process of being renovated.

Alan in full flow

October's meeting will be the annual AGM AT 7 p.m. followed by Stephen Butt's talk on "Robert Lees and the psychic hunt for Jack the Ripper"

Rob

Adrian Morris
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 1:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well children, thanks for turning up - those who turned up.
As Philip said, it was a great talk, and considering recent events, it was one of the best attended ever! Hence two lovely barmaids and,I hope you will agree, more seating (although not enough for everyone).
Sorry about the heat.

Hope to see you all at the next meeting in October just prior to the conference.

Oh, by the way. Great talk Alan.

ADRIAN.

Matt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 4:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This seems as good a place as any to post my gratitude to everyone at the Whitechapel Society for making Gary and myself feel so very welcome.

From the second we came through the door we were greeted by people who were instant new friends. Frogg, Liza, Phil, the vastly sexy Caz, everyone else ( I am awful with names but I’ll get there) thanks for taking the time to chat and say hello.

To anyone who is thinking of becoming a member Stop thinking about it and do it, Alan’s talk on Saturday was worth the membership fee alone, the journal is an excellent read

Thanks again and all being well I will see you in all October.

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1999
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 9:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Matt,

Great to meet you and Gary on Saturday. You sure picked a good talk for your first visit! I know it might be a tad cooler in October, but Liza and I would be grateful if you could wear your shorts again.

I think there may be some confusion over the time of the AGM in October. I saw it down as 7pm somewhere, but I'm fairly sure it's actually going to be 6pm. Adrian? Don't want anyone to miss it.

Wonderful news about the name change back to Princess Alice. Carrotty Nell tells me she approves.

Love,

Caz
X

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 620
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Caz,

The agenda for the AGM meeting does say 6 pm but the society constitution says 7 pm so it needs to be clarified.

And you never ask me to wear shorts

All the best

Rob x

Liza
Sergeant
Username: Liza

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 3:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK folks
Yes, it was a WONDERFUL meeting!
My highlights include (OK this was my highlight!) Gary's shorts (actually his legs - well fit!)
Mr.Clack - did I, or did I not, say you'd get a great pic of Alan from his profile? (point proved?)
After the meeting Caz and myself got Alan on the dance floor - and yes, he moves as well as he researches!
See you all in October
Love
Liza
X}}

Liza
Sergeant

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 3:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is for MATT
It was great to see your tattoos
But, aren't I a little, wee, tad, miniscule bit S**y?

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 623
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 4:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Liza,

Hate to say it but you were spot on. It was the best I took that evening.

Big Kisses

Rob xx

Liza
Sergeant

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 3:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob
Yes, the best pic!
I've mailed it to Alan
Wow! he looks so fit
Lovely weekend
Thanks
Liza
X

Liza
Sergeant

Post Number: 14
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 3:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob
Yes, the best pic!
I've mailed it to Alan
Wow! he looks so fit
Lovely weekend
Thanks
Liza
X

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2268
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 5:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes,great evening.Alan did us proud-a really fascinating talk.
Terrific pic too Rob!
Nats
x

Matt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Caz, Two pieces of good news and one bad, Firstly I am definitely coming in October (train and hotel all booked up today) and secondly, I always wear shorts rain or shine!!

The bad news is the lovely Gary will be neither attending or I imagine wearing shorts.

Think I will be there for 6pm, but then having only been a member now for 60 odd hours I don’t think I would have much to add to an AGM anyway.

frogg moody
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 1:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE AGM WILL BE AT 6.00pm.
Frogg.

frogg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 5:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I said on my last posting that we hope to see some new faces at our meetings!

Things are certainly looking up and I would like to thank Matt for his comments.

Well done also to Alan Sharp for his talk!!
Frogg.

Matt
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 6:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Liza I wouldnt like to say, your Gary's girl now, I would never make a move on a mates woman!

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2010
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Matt,

Well as long as no one bans shorts from the AGM, I think you ought to be there to represent this year's new legs - I mean faces.

Actually, they should make shorts compulsory. Rob Clack's legs have been under wraps for far too long.

Love,

Caz
X

Liza
Sergeant

Post Number: 16
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 1:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Caz, Matt et al
I think that shorts should be compulsory for ALL male members (club members I mean!)
If ten of you boys guarantee that you would wear shorts to the next meeting - then I would!!!!
On a serious note I'm off to Hay-on-Wye (Book heaven!) next Saturday, if anyone needs anything - tell me what and give me your mobile number - and you never know I might find a gem (Though if I find a Walter Dew - it's MINE!!!)
Love
Liza

Liza
Sergeant

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 1:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Caz, Matt et al
I think that shorts should be compulsory for ALL male members (club members I mean!)
If ten of you boys guarantee that you would wear shorts to the next meeting - then I would!!!!
On a serious note I'm off to Hay-on-Wye (Book heaven!) next Saturday, if anyone needs anything - tell me what and give me your mobile number - and you never know I might find a gem (Though if I find a Walter Dew - it's MINE!!!)
Love
Liza

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4780
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2005 - 4:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rob Clack, beware! They will have you as a Chippendale.

Robert

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 627
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 5:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thats okay Robert, I have the body for it.

Modest Rob

Howard Brown
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 803
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 5:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very good issue of WS1888...I open the book...and there's Caz. Thats the way to start off with a magazine !

Interesting story by Bernard Brown on the attempted murder of Ada Wilson,just 5 months before the first C5 victim was murdered in Bucks Row.

I didn't know that Mr.Fido had once considered Ms. Wilson as a possible Ripper victim at one time. Big thanks for writing the article,Mr. Brown...

A friend at work [ as well as myself ] enjoyed the Cable Street Riots article by Andy and Sue Parlour. Its hard to imagine that Mosley would continue soapboxing British fascism in a city that was devastated to the degree that it did into the early 1960's...but he did.

Good picture of Rob Clack and four other dudes tossing 'em back on page 22. From the looks of that photo,Rob was halfway through that third sixpack. "Sixpack Clack"...you heard it here first. Looks like you guys have a lot of fun.

By the way...Matt...are you the legendary Horseflesh by any chance?

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 628
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 6:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Howard,

Thats not me on page 22. Mind you with the young lady at the top of the page providing the entertainment that day, I wish I was there.

Rob

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.