Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through April 05, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » General Discussion » Whitechapel Society 1888 » Archive through April 05, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Clack
Inspector
Username: Rclack

Post Number: 496
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all

This thread is for all the latest news and updates to the newly named "Whitechapel Society 1888" club, formally the Cloak & Dagger.

Club information and how to join can be found at
http://www.whitechapelsociety.com

Rob

frogg moody
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2005 - 3:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheers Robert!

Frogg & the Whitechapel committee.

Dan Norder
Chief Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 541
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2005 - 1:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got a copy of their new publication, The Whitechapel Society Journal, in the mail a little while back, and I have to say I'm quite impressed with their debut issue. My only complaint is that April is a long time to wait to get to see the second part of Andy's article.

I'm looking forward to seeing that and what else they come up with, which means I need to figure out who to bribe to keep future issues coming.

I'll have more of a review in the April issue of Ripper Notes but thought I'd make a mention here.
Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 516
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 10:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All

Just a reminder that the next meeting of The Whitechapel Society 1888 is this coming Saturday.

The Guest Speaker this evening will be Peter Higginbotham, and he will be giving a talk on the Workhouses of Whitechapel.
Anyone familiar with Peters work on workhouses, will know that Peter really knows his stuff regarding the history of these places, so this should be a fascinating talk and one I am personally looking forward to.

For information on The Whitechapel Society 1888, and how to join, please go to http://www.whitechapelsociety.com

Rob

Howard Brown
Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 289
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Robert...

Since I may be the only American other than Dan in the WS1888....can I make a special request?

More pictures of...well...you know.

Nice debut,by the way...

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 517
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Howard

Anything to oblige

Rob

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 290
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert...

Me love you long time for that one !!

Thanks buddy !

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 1733
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 2:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the reminder Rob,
hope to be there
Natalie

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 2236
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 4:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

&#65535
Readers wives!!! (131.7 k)
damn it lets go GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suzix

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2237
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 4:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaagh as ever am incapable of posting these!!! help!!!!!!!Robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzix

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 518
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 4:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hope to finally meet you Natalie.

Rob

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 519
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 4:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi, I nearly went blind!

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 4319
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 5:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This beats Diddles any day of the week.

Robert

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What on earth were you doing Robert?

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 292
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 7:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi.

Lemme take a guess where the rest of that shark is....
Very nice...photo.
Do you have any udder ones ?

All in fun...
How

(Message edited by howard on March 28, 2005)

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 294
Posted on Monday, March 28, 2005 - 7:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Whitechapel Society brethren and sisteren...

Is I crazy or is I correct....but didn't the WS1888 make a video or film a while back?

If you did, is it available for purchase ?

Thanks...

HB...Member with Portfolio-US

Andy and Sue Parlour
Detective Sergeant
Username: Tenbells

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 3:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello Howard,

Yes we did make a video. It was finished in rather a rush to get it ready for the Xmas meeting 2002 of the C&D meeting. It was not the finished article. We have since filmed some more and the original still needs a bit of work. It is not for the 'too' serious but is actually filmed in all the relevant locations and the plot is easy to follow for those who are in the 'know' .
I am intent on getting a final edition out but alas it has got to be with one or two others has they have the technical know how etc.

Please watch this space!!!

Andy Parlour

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 296
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 4:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Andy and Sue...

Sounds good...Thank you for the response.

George Hutchinson
Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 433
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert - "This beats Diddles any day of the week"? What? Suzi beats Diddles? What kind of sick fantasies do you have, man?!

Rob - I'll be along this Saturday. I'm amazed it came around so quickly. Looking forward to meeting a lot of folks for the first time. I'll be there as Philip, not George. George would start a fight in the pub.

Suzi - Is it mere coincidence that in the background of your 'assets' photo are a pair of boxes with the word ECLIPSE written on them?

Best wishes tae ye all
PHILIP

Get stuffed!
GEORGE

Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1742
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 5:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sounds as though this is going to be fun!
This thread is getting to look like it may soon need to have a logo rating-yes-Titter Ye Not![thanks Frankie!]

frogg
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 5:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheers Dan,
The April edition of 'The Whitechapel Journal' will be even better. We look forward to your review.
Frogg.

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 297
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 6:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Natalie

If my mammary serves me correctly, I don't think there is another thread with a "ratings". It would be a first.

I chest wanted to share that with you.

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1745
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 6:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And I really appreciate that Howard!Anyway there is always a first time and for those that dont agree we can simply say , "Tough Tittie!

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1746
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2005 - 6:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry Folks,its been a long day and its now past my bedtime and a bout of silliness has set in!
Nats
x

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2242
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 5:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeee Oh God what have we started here!!!!!!

Nats- Can't beat it I say!(the silliness I mean!!)

Howard- The rest of that shark is long seen to by Dids!!!.he had it with some potaoes I recall as a last meal!

George- Dids sends his best and says he's back to his basket to re -read some of his old Fat Freddie's Cat comics to get some ideas!!!!!

Titter ye N O T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol!

Suzixx

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2243
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 5:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Andy and Sue-
Come on want to see this piece of cinematic history............
God I feel a newly up dated Dids one coming on????George??????? or failing that Philip!!!!!
Cheers....Lights,Camera...Action!!!!!

Suzix

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 520
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 5:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Philip,

Looking forward to meeting you, in any incarnation.

Hi Natalie,

When I first opened Suzi's picture, it was quite a large file and was to big for the window which opened for it. And the only portion of Suzi's photo I could see was the lower portion.

Rob

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 298
Posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2005 - 7:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Boob...I mean,Bob:

I hear you man...I hear you.
I still don't know what color her hair is...

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 522
Posted on Thursday, March 31, 2005 - 2:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Howard

Natural Blonde, my friend.

Rob

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 441
Posted on Saturday, April 02, 2005 - 6:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a smashing introduction I had to the WS1888 tonight. Super time, though my hoodie had to be liberally sprayed with Febreze when I got in due to the stench of some people's foul sticks of death...

Rob, Nats, Alan, Robert, Caz - a joy to finally meet you all. What a lovely bunch you are.

And what a little creep I am.

PHILIP

PS : Anyone for a game of dominoes?

Robert Clack
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 527
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 5:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Philip,

Yes it was a good night. Nice to have met you finally and it was even nicer to meet Natalie.

The place was packed to the rafters and if attendances like this continue bigger premises will need to be found, which can only be a good thing.

The speaker Peter Higginbotham gave a fine talk on the history of the Workhouse, and went into a bit more detail on the Whitechapel Workhouses. I was a bit disappointed Mile End got little mention as Catherine Eddowes was known to go there and George Lusk had done some work there (not as an inmate but by profession). Still it was a fascination talk and my only quibble would be that the Q&A session at the end was barely audible as no one went around with the mike to the people asking the questions.

An enjoyable evening and it bodes well for the future.

Rob

P.S Philip, I don't play dominos but I'd offer to play snap Joseph Barnett.

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2264
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 6:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gosh wish I could have been there!!!!! On Friday.......following a somewhat bizarre riding accident Ive buggered a lot of ribs here and am typing verrrrrrrrrrrrrry carefully! from a standing position!!!!
Come on gimme the goss!! (Ouch!)
Plan to make it tho......on a stretcher if needs be!!!
Love
Suzixx

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 4347
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 7:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi

Hope you recover soon from your riding accident.
I never knew you were a horsewoman.

Robert (once rode a beach donkey)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2265
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Robert
Was one of the most bizarre ever not as one would imagine flying hell pell across country but when the brute known as Walter who's a darling thought it may be fun to cross his front legs during me mounting and promptly fall down!!!! Managed to avoid being fallen on by Walter but at present its Mounting block 50 -Suzi 0 ,cant bloody well move here so am restricted to the old pc, fags ,and the odd glass...god life's cruel! Come on I want all the goss from sat!

Suzixx

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 4352
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"thought it may be fun to cross his front legs during me mounting and promptly fall down!!!!"

Suzi, ever considered a diet?

I'm afraid I have no goss, as I wasn't there.

Robert

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2266
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Suzi(if I lose any more will disappear!!)x

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1755
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 1:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Really had a great time last night thanks to all you brilliant people!.So lovely to meet you Rob and Philip for the first time!
Enjoyed the talk -very well researched,good visuals etc but I agree Rob ,just a few references
to Kate"s Whitechapel workhouse stay say, would have been even better-still there was the mention of Martha Tabram and her two children which was useful.

Looking forward to more evenings like this in the future!

Natalie

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 443
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 1:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I certainly agree on the audio front. It seemed a mistake to put Peter's microphone in profile to us all. I felt that any minute he was about to do an Alan Price and belt out a song on the piano... which wasn't there...

He clearly wanted to face us and as a result he kept having to turn his head away from the mic. The mic should have been in front of him. Likewise, some of the old folks at the front who were asking questions - I couldn't hear a word of them! But then I was standing by the open door and had the noise from the pub downstairs to contend with as well.

I thought his talk was very interesting. It could have been overly academic, but it was quite accessible and he had some good images. If only history had been like that at school!

Nats - he mentioned Martha TABRAN remember. A completely different person. Not.

PHILIP

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1757
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 2:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Philip,
You make some good points there Philip.
I think they said such spelling errors were fairly common and that the two Tabran/m children"s names meant it was likely to be the Martha Tabram we are interested in.

Natalie

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 444
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 7:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah Nats, I know.

I was being ironic!

PHILIP

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1623
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 3:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,

What a great night on Saturday! Lovely to meet you, Philip (who's as far from a little creep as it's possible to get, he can come again, we liked him), and to see Nats, Rob and Alan again, along with a host of regulars and irregulars.

As has happened a few times in the past, I predicted which of my raffle tickets was going to win, and was also able to pick up the prize I had my beady eyes on. At the Christmas bash it was a year's subscription to Ripper Notes; this time it was a video of the trial of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Coral Kelly usually wins something too, but her luck finally deserted her for Robert Smith, who whinges that he never wins raffles but won three prizes with five tickets! I think he should bring the diary in for the next raffle. After all, he only paid a pound for it and that's the price of a raffle ticket.

Love to all,

Caz
XXX

Andy and Sue Parlour
Detective Sergeant
Username: Tenbells

Post Number: 124
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 2:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,

Did you mean that, a pound! That much. Sue picked up a genuine 2005 diary at Woollies last week for just 50p.

Yes it was a good 'un Saturday.

AWP.

Howard Brown
Inspector

Post Number: 305
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 6:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ENOUGH OF THIS BANTER !!! TALK TALK TALK !!!!

I want more photos !!! And I wanna see 'em now! I ain't leading the league in reading and the bestest way for me to absorb this whole WS1888 atmosphere is through visual methodology....

....after all I am a card carryin' member and should see some perky ...I mean,recieve some perks. I'm all alone over here and its like watching the radio...no good.

Newest and bestest friend Bob Clack: Start shootin photos and not the shi......Get that camera clicking and shut the clucking...You're my only hope. Sharp is good for one photo every year...tell him that too.

Lonely on the other side of the world...in exile.

East Coast Chapter WS1888 Member # 1 H.B.

P.S....No pix of any hardankles...just the ladies. Especially none of Phil...My wall is filled already.

Seriously...When I see all the fun you folks are having,its at times like this I wish London was closer....sure looks like a good time.

(Message edited by howard on April 04, 2005)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2272
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 3:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all
Right whens the next one!!!! I want to come and bore you all silly!!!
Off to the damned specialist this am they think Ive done summat to mi kidneys!!!!!!!!!!(AAgh cant bear it!! WHY the KIDNE?????????????) Its divine retribution I say!!!

Love and stuff
Suzixx

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 446
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 4:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi - not your left kidney, is it?

Thinking of you!

PHILIP
x

PS : If he wants to pull your intestines over your right shoulder, RUN!

Liza
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 3:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello people!
Yes Saturday was WONDERFUL!
Caz, Robert, Robert (yes, that's two) et al were great
What a super speaker Peter HigginbotHam was!
The speakers who are booked in the next few months all sound excellent!
Suzi (yes, thats you Ms. Hanny) why don't you join us? Other people travel further!
See you all in June!
Liza

Frogg Moody
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 04, 2005 - 1:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

Glad you all enjoyed the last meeting - our speaker,Peter Higginbotham, was very pleased with the audience and the way the evening went. As for the sound level, Peter was offered a mic at the start of the evening but said he prefered not to use one. We set one up anyway and he then decided it might be better to use it after all.

See you at the next meeting!
Frogg.

Frogg Moody
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 2:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
Glad you all enjoyed last night! Sorry I could not meet some of you but Ifan Shepperd (he's giving the next talk - on Booth's maps)was there and asking about the history of the WS1888.

If you think the workhouse talk was good, you wait till June! As for the sound, right from the start, Peter did not want to use a mic - I managed to talk him into it but he seemed a little uneasy with it. Hope it did not spoil your enjoyment too much.

Regards,
Frogg

George Hutchinson
Inspector

Post Number: 448
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 2:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear All

There was a nasty attack on me on this thread earlier today. Steve has, thankfully, removed it. It was almost certainly from the nutcase who has been saying nasty things about me and all of us on eBay (she has now been banned).

If you see anything like it again, could you let Spry or myself know? We have her e-mail address, but she is trying to post under pseudonyms.

Thanks
PHILIP

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2276
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 4:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH Yes it bloody!!!!!! well is the L E F T one but its just bleeding and stuff (allegedly) but whoooo hoooooooooo am still here........will bring it along next time!!!!

Hi Liza!!!!!!! Got that crossword?!

Suzix

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.