Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Greetings and Holiday Tidings Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Greetings and Holiday Tidings « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ethan Evans-Hilton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 25, 2005 - 1:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and say hello. I’m new to the site and forums here but have been fascinated by Saucy Jack and the investigations for decades.

First off let me say that the site is wonderful! A very useful tool in helping to straighten things out and separate facts (what very few there are) from fanciful speculation and desperately romantic flights of fancy. So, thanks much for the obvious attention and hard work!

Next a bit about myself. I’m a 30 year old corporate instructional designer/e-learning developer. Lucky enough to attain a degree in Education from King’s College across the pond there. Very happily married to a wonderful fellow crime historian (though her fascination leans toward Lizzie Borden) with three young ones. Interests include Scottish history, Victorian history (in both sides of the pond), art, cartooning, costuming, F/X make-up, historical reenactments, and other general geekiness. And of course a very long standing interest in The Ripper and the desire to someday learn just what the hell did happen!

Lastly I’ve just posted my account application off to Mr. Ryder and look forward to becoming a regular poster here. In honor of the upcoming holiday I’ve included the following greeting snap. This was my wife and I two Halloween’s ago. Cheers!

- Ethan Evans-Hilton
Denver, Colorado
USA
Jack and Lizzy

Howard Brown
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Howard

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 8:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear Ethan:

Welcome to Casebook, sor !

If you come to my house in that rig, you will get candy...I'd be too scared to say no to you.

Howard

David Radka
Sergeant
Username: Dradka

Post Number: 43
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 9:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jack and Lizzie,
Casebook protocol requires the display of a nude photograph on the part of all new posters. Please try again.

David M. Radka
Author: "Alternative Ripperology: Questioning the Whitechapel Murders"
Casebook Dissertations Section

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3014
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 4:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

David,

you really are a top bloke aren't you?

Jenni
"it is hard not to feel a twinge of guilt. Guilt for the fact that this man's name would always be coupled with something other than the great works of book-collecting and abdominal operations with which he is now associated."

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2243
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 5:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Ethan,

Great photos - you'd fit right in with our Christmas meetings of the Whitechapel 1888 Society, where we dress up in Victorian gear.

(You were dressed up, weren't you?)

Love,

Caz
X

Dan Norder
Chief Inspector
Username: Dannorder

Post Number: 976
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 7:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ethan,

Welcome to the boards. I guess the rumors about there being an irreconcilable philosophical chasm between Ripperphiles and Bordenites were untrue. It's always good to see couples that can break the favorite murder barrier successfully.
Dan Norder, Editor
Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
 Profile    Email    Dissertations    Website

Ally
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Ally

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 7:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ethan,

Welcome to the boards. A word of advice: Ignore David Radka. We all do.

David,

Grow up.

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 824
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 6:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ethan. Welcome already to the childish in-house fighting that goes on!

A sense of humour is necessary to get through it and with that in mind I would like to know why you and your good lady do not have a certain black cat in that photo by the name of Mr Diddles. It's hardly a Ripper photo without the actual killer.

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3121
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 5:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ethan- The above may be sorted out with a careful bit of photomagic here's the dastardly fiend!...Go patch him in !!!!

Suzi

George Hutchinson
Chief Inspector
Username: Philip

Post Number: 828
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi - those eyes! He's using the hypnotism! For God's sake run!!!

PHILIP
Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd!

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 4197
Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ethans,

Welcome to the Boards indeed and good luck with the forthcoming registration. It'll be interesting to have you with us.

And of course... who needs Halloween when we have Radka?

All the best
G. Andersson, writer/historian

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 491
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 2:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome, Ethan,

Please do come back.

Lyn
Never leave home without a paperback.

Maria Giordano
Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 485
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome, Ethans.

Lizzie done it.

Mags

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3138
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 11:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ethan!!!!!

Now youve got the level 'eh?????

Welcome HOME!

Or Momma will want a word!!!!!!

LOL

Suzi

Dan L. Hollifield
Detective Sergeant
Username: Vila

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, October 30, 2005 - 2:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome, Ethan. Since you've already sent in your Boards membership, I suppose that it's too late to point out the rather casual approach some of us adopt towards sanity.
Welcome to the madness. Just wade in and make youself at home. The water's fine.

Vila

"Extremely difficult. Virtually impossible... However, it should only take me ten minutes or so."

Ethan Evans-Hilton
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 2:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks much folks! Yes my wife and I are proof that ripperphiles and bordenites can indeed co-exist quite happily! We caused quite the stir that year though people did tend to keep their distance. I’m sure I have no idea why. I mean I found Annie quite fetching!

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 3090
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 6:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vila

what casual appraoch towards sanity?

Bordenites i think thats a new one on me.

Jenni
"Don't you know it's true what they say,That life it ain't easy"

Maria Giordano
Chief Inspector
Username: Mariag

Post Number: 502
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey, why don't you start a thread about Lizzie? I'd love to hear what you have to say.
Mags

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 3037
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 1:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As someone mentioned Lizzie Borden I just wanted to say that I came across some original photgraphs of the house, plus floor plans... so if you would like to see them just let me know.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.