Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

LATEST BALI BOMBINGS Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » LATEST BALI BOMBINGS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob Hinton
Inspector
Username: Bobhinton

Post Number: 368
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 9:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I’m beginning to get a bit paranoid here. In 2002 I had just left Bali when they bombed the Sari club.

This year I was in Bali until last week and then this happens. Both restaurants bombed were ones I was eating in only a few days ago.

My heart goes out to the Balinese people, they are the friendliest people you could meet.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5099
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 9:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't understand why they're bombing Bali, other than that it's a soft target.

Robert

David O'Flaherty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2005 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A friend of mine happened to be near Kuta and saw the police and ambulances responding. I'm glad that she's all right.

Hi Robert, if you're part of some local group that sympathizes with Al Qaeda and you want to do something locally like kill some Western tourists, Bali's a place to attack. Maximum publicity for a minimum effort. Of course, most of the dead and injured are Indonesians but for Al Qaeda and the groups who subscribe to their philosophy, a successful attack is the thing.

Dave

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 2155
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2005 - 6:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bob,

I'm with you there.

I was in Bali (Nusa Dua?) in 1996 and I've never come across more gentle, smiling and genuine people than the Balinese.

I hope to God this mindless act of selfishness doesn't wreck their tourist trade. If I could, I'd go back there tomorrow - a paradise on earth.

Love,

Caz
X

David Radka
Sergeant
Username: Dradka

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2005 - 9:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do you folks feel about this little hypothetical:

Al Qaeda terrorists smuggle an atomic bomb into the United States and detonate it in Los Angeles. 250,000 Americans are killed. Study of the radioactive residue identifies the explosive's point of origin as a centrifuge in Iran. The U.S. Congress votes in favor of a declaration of war on Iran. The U.N. Security Council votes in favor of a resolution against Iran.

You are President of the United States. What do you do?

David M. Radka
Author: "Alternative Ripperology: Questioning the Whitechapel Murders"
Casebook Dissertations Section

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1920
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 4:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

David,

Mmmmm, a hard one......Play Golf?

Monty
:-)
Four candles.....you know, handles for forks ! - The Guv'nor

John Savage
Chief Inspector
Username: Johnsavage

Post Number: 507
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 7:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As President, you are responsible for the gross lack of security that allowed this bomb to enter the country in the first place.

If you were a President with any decency, you would therefore resign.

Rgds
John

Nicholas Smith
Detective Sergeant
Username: Diddles

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 8:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day everyone,

Unfortunately we are now living in a world which shows no tolerance to other people's race, beliefs or religions. It truly is sad, but even sadder for the kids who lose their lives for no reason whatsoever.

It's even bloody sad that we have to have a thread to talk about this stuff.

For Gods sake (which ever one you believe in) please keep yourselves safe.

Jules

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3015
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well thank God despite this madness the world goes on ! Lets try for a little bit of sanity (!) and relaxation this w/e eh?

All the best though

Suzi xx

Jennifer Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2950
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

John,
spot on!

Jenni

ps five words
"You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet
Cause my momma taught me better than that."

Lindsey Millar
Inspector
Username: Lindsey

Post Number: 481
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 5:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jules,

Thanks, mate. Just thanks for speaking out as Jules.

Lyn
Never leave home without a paperback..

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 482
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 5:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dave O,

I think that you might have misunderstood Robert. He's not at all Al Qaeda affiliated. He just has an English sense of humour - which shouldn't be forgiven either, granted.. but Robert's special gift is trying to make people smile through difficult times.

I know for a fact that Robert finds distaste in terrorism of any kind, and wishes it would stop.

And when are people going to stop bombing people? Cultures bombing alternative cutures? Wish to hell I knew the answer.

As Jules rightly said, it's sad that we even have a thread on the matter.

Lyn

David O'Flaherty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 1044
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 6:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Lindsey,

Goodness, I certainly hope Robert isn't a member of Al Qaeda since I've been corresponding pretty regularly with him since January! When I wrote "you" I meant a hypothetical person and certainly not Robert--my bad wording, sorry. :-)

Cheers,
Dave

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5126
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 6:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh dear, I do hope I'm not a member of Al Qaeda.
It's bad enough with all the junk mail I get now, without receiving unsolicited atomic bombs.

Robert

Lindsey Millar
Inspector

Post Number: 483
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 7:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, good. Now we've sorted that one out..

Lyn

Eddie Derrico
Sergeant
Username: Eddie

Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got turned around in the U.S. I was on my way to pick some books up for my son at Towson University. The Baltimore Tunnel is closed because of a terror threat.

Yours Truly,

Eddie

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.