Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through November 23, 2003 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Creative Writing and Expression » Shortest Ever JTR Story » Archive through November 23, 2003 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 8:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi folks

"Ripperologist" magazine is looking for the shortest ever JTR story (must be under 55 words).
This thread is so you can all have a go.

I'll start the ball rolling.

The old man gasped out his story :

"Now that I'm dying I want to unburden my soul. You've heard of Jack the Ripper? Well....the knife I used was stolen."

Then with a placid face, he died.

----------------------------------------

I'll tell you the shortest JTR story. The murderer was a dwarf. JTRs don't come shorter than that.

----------------------------------------------

Interrupted, Jack left Buck's Row, muttering :

("Continued next week")

I only hope the standard improves after this!

Robert

Christopher T George
Inspector
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 436
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Surveying the Ripper books in the bookstore, Jack sighed, "I am not the man to be blamed for nothing." laugh

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 1:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Clever and funny, Chris!

Robert

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 1:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Elementary, Watson. Kelly wasn't murdered - Fisher was."

"Amazing, Holmes! And Eddowes?"

"Was Stride."

"Chapman?"

"Was Nichols."

"And I - "

"Am he."

"As you - "

"Are he."

"And Jack?"

"Obviously, Watson, Jack was the walrus."

I gazed at my friend in astonishment and thought, 'It's amazing what cocaine can do.'

Robert

Brad McGinnis
Detective Sergeant
Username: Brad

Post Number: 56
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 3:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It was the day of the big horse race. Sir James and Bunny watched the proceedings from next to the Royal booth. Weakened by arsenic and the weight of his awful crimes, James stumbled and fell into the Royal paddock.
"Pardon me, Your Majesty." He cryed.
"We forgive you, but arent amused". said Victoria.
With that Maybrick died with a clean soul.

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 559
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 4:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jack and Jill went up the hill
And Jack came down without her.
All the king’s horses and all the king’s men
Couldn’t put Jill back together again.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1320
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 4:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very nice, Brad and AP - even if you did go over 55 words, Brad.

Robert

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 564
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 1:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jack the Ripper was Blind!

The eminent forensic psychologist and criminal profiler Dr. Groucho Freud-Marx-Jung has announced that after fifty years research he has concluded that Jack the Ripper must have been blind.
‘The massive mutilations explain everything,’ he explained. ‘He couldn’t find what he was looking for.’

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1330
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very funny! Well done, AP.

Robert

Brad McGinnis
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 57
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eddy was depressed. He had no money for a new gown for the Transvestites Ball. His lover James said, "Hey, I met this Yank Dr. on Cleveland St who's paying cash for hooker guts!".

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1333
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 5:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Brad

And he killed Kelly for her crossover shawl.

Robert

Brad McGinnis
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 58
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 7:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As was his custom, Walter Sickert arose in the evening. Donning top hat and cape, he checked his image in the mirror. Grinning wickedly at his reflection, Sickert said, "I am a bad man."
He then left his White Chappel studio to prove it.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1335
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Poor old Sickert! Now he's going to get another bashing from AP.

I have just received an extremely short and cryptic JTR story from the next world, which I am posting using automatic spirit typing. Some people may feel that the author hasn't really put all that much effort into the story, but anyway, here it is :

"I know who did it."

The author is one Sir Robert Anderson.

Robert

Donald Souden
Sergeant
Username: Supe

Post Number: 42
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 9:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Folks,

Try this. It's a little crude, but certainly short and sadly right on the money.

It's 115 years and we still don't know Jack-sh*t!

Don.

Frank van Oploo
Sergeant
Username: Franko

Post Number: 22
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 9:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I couldn't keep it any shorter thant this, I'm afraid:

Over a century ago in London some Jack of all Trades killed unhappy hookers with a kingsized knife. He had been a doctor, painter, bricklayer and a cotton merchant. The culprit preserved the organs he took from his victims in a nice Chianti. During the whole investigation the police didn’t see the writing on the wall. They only found out for sure that an apron beloning to one of Jack’s victims was of bad quality – it tore too easily - and that some Jews were to blame for that. All the murders took place in some tiny, white chapel.

All the best,
Frank

Brad McGinnis
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 59
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

An intense brooding man hunched over the newspaper. Slowly a smile gave way to ribald laughter. "First bloodhounds, now profilers. They'll never catch me! Ha, ha!." With that he filled his pockets with rocks and jumped into the Thames.

Brad McGinnis
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 60
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 10:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The embodiment of All Evil looked at his handiwork on the bed at Millers Court. "I shall do this forever!" he thought.
Little did he know he had an appointment with James T. Kirk on Argelia.

Frank van Oploo
Sergeant
Username: Franko

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 9:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shadowy figure closed the door, taking off the astracan trimmed coat. ‘Who shall I be next time?’ it mumbled, removing the wig and eye lashes. ‘Not a soldier, nor a sailor or a clerk… I must find a new disguise...' Smiling at the mirror the figure said: ‘They won’t fix you, Jill.’

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1340
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great stuff, gentlemen.

Hutchinson walked along the line, while Abberline waited anxiously. Finally he stopped before a posh-looking man.

"Sane age. Same height. Same face. Same moustache. Same coat, same hat, same spats, gold chain and tie pin."

Abberline gasped with relief.

"But it's no good. The eyelashes are all wrong."

Abberline slumped to the floor.

Robert

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 566
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Superintendent Cutbush - in charge of lodging houses - is called into a meeting with Sir Charles Warren at Scotland Yard.
‘Now then, Cutbush, we need to clean up these lodging houses of yours, full of whores, got anyone in mind for the job?’
‘Oh yes, sir,’ replies Cutbush. ‘I’ve got the very man for the job.’

Brad McGinnis
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 62
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Old man Sickert stood unsteadily. With his penis pointed north he urinated into a pot to his southeast. "Fistula, Smistula", he thought. He pitched forward and a snowdome fell from his hand.As he lay on the floor he spoke his final words...."A?R, A?R..."

Jeffrey Bloomfied
Inspector
Username: Mayerling

Post Number: 163
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Doctor had cleaned himself thoroughly, that
November 9th, and thought, "Well, that's that!".
He opened his son's last diary for the first time,
and out fell a small note addressed to him: "Dear
father, I am dying of syphilis I caught from that
woman patient you were treating who died in January 1887. I was foolish but in love. Nobody
else is to blame." Dr. Stanley thought, "Now he
tells me?"

[Too long, perhaps, but I couldn't resist it.]

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1343
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AP, Brad, Jeff : very nice. Keep them coming.

(Contd from AP's)

Cutbush added, reassuringly :

"Sir Charles, my brains will be at your disposal."

"Oh dear," groaned Warren. "You will keep out of the doss house kitchens, won't you, Cutbush?"

Robert

AP Wolf
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 568
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2003 - 1:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brad's was a riot, sort of got into every department at once. I must come up with something similar.

Severn
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 4:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had a really good laugh over that one A.P. Natalie.[especially the Groucho bit]

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.