Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through September 23, 2003 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Creative Writing and Expression » JtR Poetry » Archive through September 23, 2003 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector
Username: Robert

Post Number: 718
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 4:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bravo, AP. I enjoyed that. I think I see what you're saying here.

Sitting in a pub can be dangerous if the darts start getting wayward.

I was working on a poem a few weeks back. I'll try to remember/find it.

Robert

AP Wolf
Inspector
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 356
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 5:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Quite right Robert

many dart players aim for the bull and hit the bar.
As conference does show.

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 357
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 2:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Colony Renewed

(impoverished poet in grotty garret bravely attempts to sell his poem yet again).

Thus can highly important criteria be established concerning the roles of certain individuals within the colony who are basing their violent behaviour on the subtle signals being generated by the colony as a collective.
It is more than obvious that the examples I have given were entirely generated by and then approved of by the colony as a whole, there may well have been individual dissent but that individual dissent was no match for the individual actions of killers such as Jack. We talk of the difference in media coverage between an individual’s actions when that individual is a serial killer of the ilk of Peter Sutcliffe, and then an individual who might protest at the cutting down of a tree. No match.
So, the influence of a violent and murderous individual within the colony is far more profound than that of a peace loving individual, or a law enforcement officer who upholds the law… that is unless the law enforcement officer writes a book about the violent individual he has caught and thus by magical means steals some of the killer’s associated power within the colony.
It is also obvious that the colony does actually shift its moral view over periods of time to distinct patterns of social behaviour, and that what might be acceptable at one given time span within the colony is totally unacceptable at another time span, and hence certain individuals within the colony who may be out of that time zone will be quickly judged by their behaviour and promptly killed by soldiers.
Hence rough justice is served at the behest of the colony without official recourse to the law or the armies of the colony being involved.
The examples are too blatant to ignore. It happens.
Therefore I would vaguely suggest that for the first time in the entire 100 year fiasco of Jack the Ripper we may just well have a motive, and that would be ’whore bashing’, and that at the secret request of the established colony masters of the time.
The signals that were available to Jack at the time, and the colony’s attitude to women in general and whores in particular would appear to dictate that this is exactly what happened in 1888.

(any reader who might want to read the missing sections is more than welcome to contact me and I will provide them).

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 730
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 4:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fascinating as ever, AP.

There is one group who were subjected to the signals, that I can't remember whether or not you've covered : the victims themselves.

I'm not denying that it must have taken a certain courage for them just to keep going at all - Chapman's "I mustn't give way" and Eddowes's resourcefulness. In their shoes I'd have been tempted to anticipate Druitt in the river, or Cutbush and Cohen in the asylum! Nevertheless, maybe it's my imagination, but there does seem to have been present in the poor prostitutes of the time a certain fatalism and acceptance of their condition.

We British have always liked people to know their place.

Robert

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 358
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes Robert

you have fired a good shot there, for I had not considered the victims at all, which may be an indication of my own preconceptions and prejudices regarding varying cultural and social groupings within the colony.
I suppose the colony has always alienated certain groupings at certain times in its development, for instance the Whitechapel whores would have been at the very lowest level of consideration during the late Victorian period, however if one was to set them down in the 1960's and 70's of Hollywood then they would have sparkled right at the top of the colony's elite.
Merry Kelly would have been Marilyn Monroe.
And I do believe they had a lot in common.

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 359
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 2:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Colony Renewed Too

We are now able to see how the entire colony may sometimes be massively influenced by an individual within that colony - the reader will need to obtain the missing sections for confirmation - and are then able to wallow in a fit of carnage and killing that has no logical explanation and eventually becomes so intense that the slaughter becomes the accepted daily norm.
Brutality and killing become the order of the day.
It is almost as if a weird form of mass hypnosis has taken place; and a few years down the line the entire colony stumbles around in the ruins - which they have created - with vacant eyes and minds, not really sure exactly what has taken place.
These destructive urges within the colony structure - directed against certain elements of the colony itself - appear to be the same whether they are carried out by an individual or a specific grouping of the colony, and this rule seems to apply to the targets of the aggression as well. They might be individuals but we can recognise that they also represent a grouping within the colony… and that is an important point, as I feel a true individual would never become either an aggressor or a victim, only individuals that have sacrificed their individuality to a group would fall into this category.
Having said this though, it may well be that we are able to see a distinct difference between group attacks on other groups within the colony which are usually racially motivated and then individual attacks on the colony which are usually sexually motivated… this speaks volumes and presses for more urgent research.
Could it be then that an individual who has experienced the short bursts of violent activity inspired by discrete signals from the colony would also awake to find himself in some kind of winter land of despair so covered in snow that he would no longer recognise that landscape?
And could it be that these subtle messages from the colony do inspire in certain individuals a hypnotic or trance like state where they may not realize the intent or import of their physical actions as their ’common sense’ has been sacrificed to the deep rooted biological and evolutionary urges of the colony?
So we could have Jack as a messenger boy.

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 733
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 4:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP

Re Jack's despair, if he did feel this it could be because of a number of reasons, among them maybe :

He realises the enormity of what he's done, i.e. he wakes up from his trancelike state. But I don't think he'd wake up with a start, rather it would be a slow process and he'd still hanker after that old feeling, trying to reassure himself that he was in fact right by killing two or three more whores. But his heart just isn't in it any more.

Or he realises the enormity of what he still has to do! He kills a whore on Friday, and another one's taken over her pitch by Saturday.

Robert

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 360
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 5:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Keen observation Robert.

In other words the answer to despair is to go shopping again.
We all do it.
In for a penny, in for a pound.
Though I do have a problem with our usual view of a killer's mentality after the event, for it is my contention that there was no event.
I still believe in my naive little soul that if a killer recognised what they did they wouldn't do it.
That is why I am convinced that forces we do not yet understand are at work here, even if those forces are only at work in an individual's mind.
My point being that they are at work, whether that be on the scale of the colony or the individual is of no import.
It is the impact we study and not the power that caused the impact.
And of course we should be examining the power.
For there is the answer.
Not the question.

Caroline Anne Morris
Inspector
Username: Caz

Post Number: 338
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 5:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP,

I've often wondered about the murdering medic, Harold Shipman, and what finally stopped him going out 'shopping' yet again. It seems he pushed the self-destruct button when he stupidly forged a victim's will on his easily-identifiable typewriter and made himself the beneficiary! It seems beyond belief that he suddenly discovered a new hobby - stealing from his victims. So what was he thinking of? It's as if he was exasperated that every previous murder had been too easy to get away with. Was he testing the colony's ability to recognise who he had become and what he had been doing, and perhaps its willingness or otherwise to do something about it? His attitude after his arrest doesn't fit at all with a cry for help or a wish to be forced into 'retirement' - more like he was disgusted with his treatment and thought he deserved respect and a gold medal for so many services rendered!

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Love,

Caz

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 361
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2003 - 1:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz

I'll dwell on that as I'm out tonight and will probably consume far too much SSB.
Back soon.

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 362
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 4:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz

Regarding Shipman.
I think I would be ill-advised to launch into a tirade concerning the medical ethics and behaviour of GP's in the UK.
GP's are a funny old bunch, and many of them do - over a long period of time - build up a large degree of contempt for the people they are supposedly helping.
It is not often that this contempt becomes murderous, however Shipman - and a number of other famous cases - shows that it does indeed happen.
Personally I am unable to rate a killer like Shipman on the Colony level. Firstly his crimes are obviously motivated by greed and contempt, but more important than that his age at the time of the crimes would seem to exclude him from the subtle messaging systems of which I speak.
As you will later see, it is my earnest contention that these signals are directed at, and received by very selective age groupings within the Colony - and that younger or older groupings within the Colony would be unaware of such signals as the 'creative' channel of the mind has either not opened or has shut down forever, and here Shipman was patently operating at the shut-down phase of a being's creative development.
I hope my forthcoming explanation to this will eventually prove to be a reliable indicator of the age of Jack the Ripper in 1888.
Thank you for your interest.

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 751
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 5:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP

Just a quick one. I'm still trying to find/remember the long one I had going. Still, it's not nearly as bad as losing the manuscript of "For Whom The Ten Bells Toll"!

DILAPIDATION

So long ago, I can't recall -
Was it really me at all?
One in yard and one in room,
Here a heart and there a womb.
So long ago, I can't recall.
Kill one whore, you've killed them all.

But I remember the crack, quite small
Down in the cellar's grubby wall
That could not bear the weight of years.
Crack gaped wider
And venomous spider
Strung his web of woes and fears.
To dreams that quiver
On silken sliver
Comes in the night
The poison bite.
With hollow rumble
Whole house do tumble.

Robert

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 365
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 2:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hair became split and split became crack
And down that hole did fall Jack.
Legs akimbo
And held in limbo
To end up on dusty shelf
Source of many a wealth.

Well executed Robert.
Jack would have been proud.
I’m aworking on next section of colony, but it is vexatious and difficult,
As I must ensure that powdered noses are not put in dust.
Find that poem!
The ‘Ten Bells’ is a pub!
Hemingway only lost one.
And it still tolls.

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 758
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2003 - 3:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks AP. I think I'll have to base myself on what I can remember and start again from there.

Robert

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 370
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Colony Colonized

It might be worth stepping back a bit just to see if this Colony model can teach us something about Jack the Ripper.
I believe this biological and evolutionary portrait of a killer tells us much.
For a start, there is no doubt in my mind now that Jack was a local young man, drawn from a Soldier class family but with solid ties to an underworld of workers. This may have come about due to the impoverished circumstances of his immediate family - but not his entire family who would have had their origins and living in the Soldier classes, or better said ‘castes’ - or alternatively this may have been due to the strange behaviour of the individual concerned. Whatever, he would have stood out as a Soldier mixing with the working caste.
Why a local man?
It strikes me that his murderous behaviour based over a long period of time does really exclude him from being an imported individual of the working caste. If one was dealing with a single isolated crime then it would be possible to include such an imported working caste individual as a suspect, but the series of murders definitely excludes that class.
History does show us this.
An imported worker will kill once, powered by emotion, but a local Soldier will kill again and again until he is stopped by the same powers that activated him in the first place.
A recently imported worker would under no circumstances step outside his assigned role in the colony he has adopted, except in highly charged emotional circumstances, whereby he might commit a single horrific crime but would then suddenly fade into the background of the colony.
I am drawn to the many witness statements in the JtR case, especially those from recently imported working caste individuals who all do express some kind of unfounded and unknown fear about the circumstances of themselves being involved in the case, and then come the witness statements from the local Soldiers, men of the ilk of lodging house owners and shop owners, where their own statements have an underlying power of self assurance and security.
It is the essential difference between these two groupings and their witness statements which I believe points to Jack being a local soldier, albeit in reduced circumstances; and hence to argue that Jack might have been a Kominski or a Polanski is a pointless exercise.
But we seem to be into that.

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 768
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 3:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP

I think I understand what you're saying here, for you've covered this ground before.

So you're saying that the East Enders instinctively recognised the hand of an alien, and were right about the "toff" aspect but wrong about the Jewish.

I'm reminded of a story - I can't remember where I read or heard it - about a test they used to administer to Cambridge applicants back in the old days.

Apparently they gave the candidate a biscuit or some such, and they'd doctored it to make it taste foul. Those who ate and swallowed it with a grimace, scored bottom marks. Those who slyly removed it and put it on their plate did better. But top marks went to those who immediately spat it out in all directions. They thought like a toff - they didn't give a damn - and it was welcome to the club.

Disembowelling women is pretty eccentric!

Robert

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 371
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 4:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Robert,

You summed that up better than me.
I don't know if I agree with the 'toff' aspect of it though. Let's try and agree with the term 'outsider'.
Jack would have been out of the crowd, and although he would have been 'alien' that outsider aspect would have smoothed into the role of a perpetual outsider whose coming and going is vaguely accepted by the 'insiders'.
So much like the role of a patrolling policeman, he doesn't belong but he sort of fits into the general pattern of activity, is accepted and then dismissed as bleak and unimportant meddling in the reality of the on-going struggle of day to day life.
The example of a policeman is pure happenstance, my intent just to show that an alien to a community is able to function at his full abilities despite the obvious hostility of the community he is operating in, provided that his comings and goings are accepted by that community as the day to day norm.
But as you do point out, he would have to be of a caste that was totally acceptable to the controlling castes in control of the murky Whitechapel underworld of the night.
You can just imagine the situation as mad old Cohen - or one of the other deliquent imports - wandered up Dorset Street with knife in hand muttering threats about killing Merry Kelly.
The Irish would have beaten him to death.
That applies to fish porters too.

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 373
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 1:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Colony Strikes Back

I would also strongly suggest that by using the role model of the Colony as provided we should be able to deduce at what age Jack committed his crimes in 1888.
This because is would appear that the subtle signals being generated by the Colony as a whole and at any given time are specifically and non-specifically targeted at particular age groups within the Colony.
My reasoning is two-pronged here, as it must be obvious to anyone that certain age groups within the Colony would be far more susceptible to such subtle messaging techniques than others, and not only susceptible but perhaps more importantly physically capable of carrying out the intent of the signal… for instance there would be no point in the Colony directing a subliminal message for urgent and violent physical action at the retired element of the Colony as they patently would not be able to carry out the secret wishes of the Colony. This would also apply to younger elements within the Colony who have not yet developed sufficiently to carry out the intent.
Secondly I believe that the human brain only offers a narrow pathway to the creative will of the mind and this is severely restricted by age, in other words, the younger elements in society will not yet have developed a creative will, and the majority of the older elements will have lost the use of their creative will.
As I have pointed out previously, it does appear that the subtle signals are much more likely to be received and acted upon by individuals within the Colony whose creative side of their mind is more open than their logical side.
Again obvious really, as all individuals within the Colony do know that the murder and mutilation of a fellow Colony member is wrong, therefore we must look at the ‘wrong doing’ as some sort of ‘creative licence’ from the Colony who are prepared to sanction the bizarre and downright dangerous, providing that the element of chaos is carrying out the deep-rooted wishes of the Colony.
Art and murder may be more closely linked than we thought.
And to write about murder may well be the catalysis, the essential spark that puts out the fire with gasoline, and could act as the secret call-up to a hidden cadre of National Servicemen all bent on carrying out the hidden will of the Colony.
Jack must have been between the ages of 18 and 35 to have answered that call-up.
However it is unlikely that Jack was under the age of 22, simply because his actions were very much of the individual rather than the gang, which does seem to point to a man who has passed through his unremarkable teenage years and then settled into the early loneliness of unmarried life at home. Most violent attacks by men under the age of 22 are carried out by a communal gang rather than an individual, and this was as true in the Whitechapel of 1888 as it is today.
There are countless examples - both old and modern - that I could give to illustrate the subtle signals and their catastrophic influence on both individual and group, however I fear I stray into the very type of unsafe territory where the signals I am generating might well be acted upon by individuals and groups within the Colony to take some kind of unwarranted action.
So I will end this section of Colony by merely shooting myself in the foot with my trusty police revolver which will save any of you the bother.

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 789
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 2:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP

Not sure I agree that creativity necessarily diminishes with age, but I agree that this sort of spectacular innovation is something one would associate more with a young man.

Interesting what you say about creative licence. I wonder if the murderer had a Raskolnikov complex, believing that ordinary laws didn't apply to him (if not as a motivating factor, then as a means of rationalising and justifying his actions after the event). This kind of thinking was in the air in '88. I suppose one concomitant of an extreme anti-Catholic obsession might be an over-emphasis on individuality.

On which subject, AP, Marci on the Cutbush Rating thread says that Thomas Cutbush was her ancestor.

Robert

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 375
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 4:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert

You are right. I was generalizing.
Perhaps I should have said ‘Creativity diminishes with most older people, but sometimes eclipses youth when it does shine late.’
A great deal of personal rationalisation and self justification goes into any action that is basically wrong… or as Wilson would have it: mini skirts incite murder.
Comfortable thought for the would be and has been.
Your thoughts on anti-Catholic obsession carry some good weight and I must dwell on them.
Please tell Marci that my own ancestor was the first man to swim the English Channel but I never go near the water.

Petra Zaagman
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2003 - 1:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's join the poetry section of casebook....

The ground split
under my feet
my world turned
into ravage
my earth quaked

My blindness over
I've opened my eyes
along with it my heart
my mind and deepest soul.

Can't recognize myself no more
when looking in the mirror.
Is this what I am looking for
or is it another mirage?

I destroyed myself so many ways
I kept it up for too much days
built many castles in the air
and hunted a fata morgana.

So suddenly
I feel the pain
is it really
caused by me?
What've I done?

I've been thinking long, long nights
just for what I should do
I've figured out so many ways
can't hide for what is true.

Should I be honest, be just fair
and get what I deserve?
I can't, don't have the strength
There must be another way for me.

I stop myself
from hurting people
will not do it again
but I can't go to pay for it
what is the best to do?

I'll live and die
as everyone
be buried in my grave
but just my name will be on it
and for anyone the same.

They'll never know
what I have done
I'll pay for it
myself.

hehe........ some words written by Jack again...
I really tried to let the key person in my poems be a detective, or one of his victims, but it doesn't seem to work for me..

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 797
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 6:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very good, Petra. Nice to see new people having a go.

Robert

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 376
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 1:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Petra, I enjoyed that also.
Heavens, at this rate we are going to have to limit membership of this obscure thread!

AP Wolf
Inspector

Post Number: 377
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 1:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just for Bliss

In my deepest hour of despair and insanity
I did make worship at the altar of false vanity,
Appealed to the hidden forces there within
And begged them with knives to begin
The immediate slaughter of all daughters
And then the slaughter of all slaughterers.
But no answer came from that wise sage
So I smote him down in my rage
And smashed that altar to the ground
And there did vague truth found
In the destruction of all bodily sin
Only a true sinner might easily win
That crown of thorns, that set of horns.
Set in the diadem of power within my mind
And with it destruction of all mankind.
So I took that dread power onto the street
And made the slaughterers beg at my feet
And each and every daughter
I gave no inch and no quarter.
Just a pound of flesh
And with it a bless…
And a kiss
Just for bliss.

The slaughter house was long and wide
And deep within hid my bride.
The slaughter house was high and deep
And there within she did weep.
The slaughter house was in the sky
And there within would she die.

Just for bliss.

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 803
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 3:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very fine poem, AP.I particularly liked the thorns/horns equation.

Interesting how often religion raises its head.

Re the next one, I too am mad keen to know all about Jack, so it's not meant as a sermon to anyone.

REVELATION

So you want to know my name,
That thing you have sought all your life?
With, what was my little game?
And, why did I turn to the knife?
Which way did I leave the scene,
The scene of every crime?
And what on earth did I mean?
And where did I live at the time?

Well I will tell you true,
Though it mightn't be what you're after.
But even a devil's bubbling brew
Can tickle the nose to laughter.
Yes, I will tell you my name,
But please don't call me cheat,
For I am the unknown woman
Abandoned in Pinchin Street.

Robert

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.