Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Relaunch of www.jacktheripper.de Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Web Sites » Relaunch of www.jacktheripper.de « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

thomas schachner
Sergeant
Username: Thomas

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello everybody,

just wanted to let you know, that our relaunch is done. new design, new features, new stuff everywhere...
check it out at:

www.jacktheripper.de

comments are more than welcome!

greetings from germany
thomas.

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1450
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Thomas
Very well done - looking real good!
I jusy wish my German was better!!!
Chris

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thomas, Chris,
i just wish i could speak any german at all!!
still i think google will translate it from what i recall!!

Jenni
"Think things, not words." - O.W. Holmes jr

Christian Jaud
Detective Sergeant
Username: Chrisjd

Post Number: 108
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Servus Thomas, hi all

The fact that the only books which made it into a german translation are the Diary and Cornwells's, alone shows the importance of a decent german Ripper-page, where interested people can get real information about the case.

Thomas: Great work to spread the word!

Gratulation
Christian

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I would love to be able to be able to scan the site and take it in but alas, the only German I know is what a German girl taught me in the sixties,
a]I love you
B[ i will meet you on sunday,
c[ Hey porter over here.
d]have a cigarette.
e] good morning / good night.
Not good enough for a German site
YA.
Richard.

thomas schachner
Sergeant
Username: Thomas

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2004 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi everybody,

thank you for the nice comments.

chris: in the near future we will have a newspaper section, so you ought to improve your german! .-)

jennifer: yep...google might help! but i think the casebook is just fine for the non-german speaking! .-))))

christian: thx a lot. we have some more books in germany...harris, lowdnes diogenes and of course our nazi-crap book "der teufel von whitechapel"...but none of the above books, except harris', is worth reading in my opinion.

richard: one thing you need to learn is
--> "super seite thomas - die beste deutschsprachige zum thema, die ich jemals gesehen habe!!!" .-)))

take care.
thomas.

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1451
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Thomas!!!!
Going to give it a go!!!! Alas klar I hope!!!!

suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1452
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thomas!!!!!
This is excellent!!!! just wish my machine would stop saying it has to restart!!!!!! My prob not yrs!!!!!
Suzi

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1453
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am about to send the address to loads of people and say check out the superb quality of the letters.postcards etc
Well done!!!
Suzi

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.