Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through May 29, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Suspects » Maybrick, James » The Diary Controversy » Where do we go from here? » Archive through May 29, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ally
Chief Inspector
Username: Ally

Post Number: 873
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 6:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I have been ruminating on the Diary for a few days (while the score from Buffy the musical plays in my head...hence the title). I have been ruminating specifically on the endless cycle of useless repetition and how this topic really does bring out the worst in all concerned. We have posters who refuse to even admit they have changed their minds and are leaning towards it being real, we have posters who are so dogmatically a-holey that they don't give two seconds of kudos for progress without yipping about how it's not enough, we have posters who just like to whack at all concerned (that'd be me).

Seriously, if we all put all the energy we put into our diatribes to work, could we not get some progress done on figuring out this thing?

Here are some recent advances:

The diary was submitted for tests. They proved nothing, but hey, it's a start. What are some further tests that it could be submitted to? What's a list of places (in England I imagine) where further testing could be carried out. What would the cost be? No more bitching about who's going to pay for it, blah blah, where can it be tested and how much will it cost for a real chemical analysis. Is there anyone willing to find out?

There was a letter sent to Albert Johnson, no reply. But there are other people who could be contacted to get their take on the situation.
Now there is one who I would really love to write to myself..supposedly no one has contacted him because he has been on death's doorstep...for the last ten years. My he is lingering. Anyone got this person's address? I'll write. I'll even be polite.

Then there is Mike and Anne. Surely something could be gained by someone establishing a dialogue of friendly skepticism with them. Why are they so reluctant to tell their story in public in place that can be debated and scrutinized?

There are other minor characters who could be contacted as well.

I guess the point of this thread is just this:

rather than endlessly bitching at one another (fun though that undoubtedly is) what can we do to put this thing to bed?

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Omlor

Post Number: 1339
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 8:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ally,

I think it's pretty clear that the people who brought the diary and the watch forward are, for all practical purposes, no longer talking. Conclude from that what you will.

Perhaps they will again, under different circumstances. I don't know.

But in Mike and Anne's case, it's bound to be problematic, since they've already told so many contradictory stories that unless they could produce real, material evidence to support their latest narrative du jour, there wouldn't be any reason to believe anything they say.

It does leave one obvious but often unspoken question, that's been hanging in the air for ten years now. If this really was just an old book they had or found, why all the lies from the very beginning? Why come forward in what we have seen by now was a deceitful and deliberately confusing fashion if this was just an innocent object they wanted to show to the world?

Anyway, perhaps there'll be more thorough and complete testing of both artefacts. Perhaps there'll just be more editions of Shirley's book and maybe a silly movie of some sort and nothing much new will ever be learned about the origin of this hoax. I don't think the last diary book sold especially well, so perhaps interest outside of our incestuous little online world here has in fact seriously waned. Almost no one ever shows up here to claim they think the diary is real or that Maybrick was the killer. Of course, I'm sure there are a few out there, just like there are people who think Lewis Carroll was the killer or who believe that Florence Nightingale was or maybe even that Florence Maybrick was or Michael Maybrick was or Gladys was or any other such, shall we say, eccentric idea. The web still has sites for people who believe in all sorts of odd stuff, and there's always people on them.

But I appreciate your ideas and I wish you luck in any writing endeavor you try to undertake and any contact you try to establish with any of the players in this long running Beckett-like drama.

All the best,

--John

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 9:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

rather than endlessly bitching at one another (fun though that undoubtedly is) what can we do to put this thing to bed?

congrats the most sensible thing anyones said in diary world ever!

I agree wholeheartedly

Jenni
"All you need is positivity"

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2101
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 9:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PS

what tests need to be done?

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 875
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 9:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there John,

Optimism is always appreciated. Thanks so much.

Hiya Jenni,

I think that there needs to be extensive chemical analysis of the paper and the ink. Now some will say we already did that, but it's been ten years and undoubtably there are better testing methods out there. I don't know anything about England colleges or labs or where even to begin looking and I doubt Robert would be willing to ship it over to the states for analysis...

Cheers,

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2102
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 9:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ally,

I see what you are getting at

Jenni

ps back to essay!

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1340
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 9:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ally,

I agree with what you say about testing. And of course, the "we already did that" response is precisely why it's important to continue a regimen of testing -- it is the only way the contradictory results we already have will be resolved.

All the best,

--John

PS: It will also be interesting to see what, if any, new commercial projects come out from the Mabyrick hoaxes. That will be worth watching as the saga sadly continues

AAD
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 7:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is nothing that can be done to put this thing to bed. All Barrett is interested in is what hard cash he can make from it.

Chris Phillips
Chief Inspector
Username: Cgp100

Post Number: 829
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The other option would be just to let it "Rest In Peace".

Chris Phillips

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 876
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahh...Another Buffy fan! Well I don't think that is a viable option. Although most debate has been reduced to "going through the motions" there have been a few people who are willing to "walk through the fire" to find out the truth and "I've got a theory" that they would not be willing to let it "rest in peace". If that's really "what you feel" then I won't be "standing" in your way should you choose to stop debating. I just think there are too many people who are emotionally invested in this and "what you feel" will drive your actions. On the day we find out anything at all about the diary it will be "something to sing about" but until that day, alas, all this endless bickering just isn't going to cut "the mustard".

Chris Phillips
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 830
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I really can't compete with that! And I must admit that to some degree we're all "under its spell" ...

Chris Phillips

Chris Phillips
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 831
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 6:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And there's always this one:

It’s all right if some things come out wrong.
We’ll sing a happy song
And you can sing along.

Where’s there’s life,
There’s hope.
Everyday’s
A gift.
Wishes can
Come true.

Chris Phillips

Howard Brown
Inspector
Username: Howard

Post Number: 323
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2005 - 7:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just an idea folks..

Since over here in America,when a document is considered sacred [ like the Gettysburg Address..or my first marriage vows,written on the back of a black napkin..], the Government gets involved.

I know Ivor suggested that Mr.Smith take the Diary to the police or to a Judge/Barrister and claim he was ripped off for whatever he paid for an allegedly genuine artifact..or something to that effect...but...

Couldn't The British Government get involved ? It could be classified,if they wanted it to be so, as a national heirloom,albeit a little more macabre than the Magna Carta or Shakespeare's writings. I'm not saying that Jack The Ripper would be credited with being its author,so don't jump on me all at once...

Which brings up this question...Who do the British Government use for their document investigations? Has anyone tried to contact them?

Just a thought.

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 878
Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2005 - 6:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris,

Yeah and right after that she tried to kill herself...a rousing theme to live by.

As for the government getting involved, what would be involved in that? I mean they wouldn't take possession of something that wasn't proved to be the genuine article and they'd hardly claim a 1990's forgery would be a national treasure, I'd think. However, finding out what document examiners they use might be a good idea.

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Caz

Post Number: 1643
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All Barrett is interested in is what hard cash he can make from it.

Yeah, I guess that's why he said he forged it and watched as book sales dropped through the floor.

I'm sorry, but I seriously doubt anyone could persuade your average British politician to take a professional interest in the Maybrick diary and its origins.

I think it will make a cracking Dr Who episode, though, with Casanova's David Tennant in the leading role taking Rose in the Tardis back to the early 1990s, to discover exactly how Mike Barrett came to be the proud owner of the bloody thing.

I don't care if they set it in Prague rather than Liverpool. I just hope this time they pay proper attention to their professional researchers.

One day...

Love,

Caz
X

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1351
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, yes...

The dream that history might be reversed. It always haunts Ripper discussions, of course. But in Diary World, for specific reasons, it is, shall we say, a more interested discussion.

Especially, it seems nowadays, among professional researchers.

Well, I guess we're all learning all the time. That's a good thing.

I can certainly sympathize with and understand the desire. I even share it at times.

Happy to be here for the future more than the past,

--John

Sir Robert Anderson
Inspector
Username: Sirrobert

Post Number: 341
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

" I guess that's why he said he forged it and watched as book sales dropped through the floor"

I think we can all agree that reliance on anything MB has said vis a vis the Diary can be taken with a massive grain of salt. But it is interesting to note that at one point, Barrett was trying to sell a "how I forged the Diary" story to offset his collapsed royalties. If I am reading "The Inside Story" correctly, Caz, it looks like he utterly failed to convince Gray that he was in fact the author.

Which, of course, makes sense - Barrett neither hoaxed the Diary nor knows who did.

Sir Robert
"I only thought I knew"
SirRobertAnderson@gmail.com

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 879
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey I have an idea. Why don't we ban any petty bullshit bickering on this thread and focus on what can we do to get this resolved which ..hey, look at that..is the purpose of the thread. If you don't have a constructive suggestion, go elsewhere.

John V. Omlor
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fair enough, Ally.

Fair enough.

--John

Jeff Leahy
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jeffl

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 9:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Caz

Dont know if you cault my thread a few days ago but I was wondering if anybody had considered asking Mike Barrett if he would take a lie detector test.

There used to be a great programme at Live TV called lie detector. Its not that expensive and I gather the results are very good.

I appreciate that some people have suggested that Mike may not realize that he is lieing..a sought of medical condition like Munchhausens. However I've not come across any such medical evidence.

I think a lie detector could clear his name and put some of the debate to bed once and for all.

Would he do it? what do you think?

Jeff

AAD
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 2:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Barrett does irrational things, anyone who knows anything about this hopeless saga knows that. That alone invalidates the apologist comment that he watched his 'book sales drop through the floor.'

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2125
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2005 - 9:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jeff,
well there's no harm in asking now is there?

Jenni

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1655
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 9:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty sticks his mud splattered and bloody head up from the trench, cocks one ear and listens....and listens....and listens.

All quiet on the Maybrick front.

Is war over? he asks...Or is this a cunning plan????

Monty ducks head straight back down incase Snipers Morris, Pegg and Olmor are watching.

He returns to his Bully Beef.

Monty
:-)
"You got very nice eyes, DeeDee. Never noticed them before. They real?"

Donald Souden
Chief Inspector
Username: Supe

Post Number: 567
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 1:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,

You need to do it like in the old movies -- put your helmet on a stick and slowly raise it over the lip of the trench. Moreover, in Diary World friendly fire is at least as dangerous as that from the "enemy."

Don.
"He was so bad at foreign languages he needed subtitles to watch Marcel Marceau."

Luke Whitley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 9:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty.

My friend, it's pleasant to read something to have a good chuckle about, on the Maybrick front.
You're a very welcome breath of fresh air.
Thank God for a sense of humour. Can we have a bit more please??
Cheers Monty.

LUKE WHITLEY.

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1772
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 4:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty,

Blissful, ain't it?

Where do we go from here?

For a nice long summer break, fingers and toes crossed. There's no mystery why it's gone as quiet as the grave here, and long may it last.

Lots of love,

Caz
X

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1659
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 5:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz, Luke, Don,

Fancy a game of footy in no mans land ?

We could use Turgooses report for goal posts and time it all on Alberts watch.

Now for a ball....and no, my head will not do !

We need something to kick around folks !

Monty

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1775
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 7:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty,

I expect Albert will still be dancing after the match last night, so we may have to do without him and his trusty timepiece.

Could we not play hockey instead? Bully off and what have you?

Love,

Caz
X

Jennifer D. Pegg
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2472
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 7:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how about my brain, or maybe my phone, neither of which want to do anything worthwhile today!
"Stay away from that trap door,
Cos' there's somethin' down there"

Jeff Leahy
Inspector
Username: Jeffl

Post Number: 164
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 7:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sssssshhhh! Johns in hospital, arms in plaster straw between his teeth incase he needs to log on in a hurry...no one mention the M word....let sleeping Johns lie.

sssshhhh..............

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1660
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diarists 2 Non-Diarists 2. ET being played.

Report by Monty Motson.

My name is Ozymadias, King of kings....

These two Titans strode out on to the pitch with the sound of the coliseum ringing in their ears and departed with the baying crowd chanting for more. The Diarists took and early advantage with Inside right Harrison making most of the ground. Accompanied by that wily fox of a centre forward Smith, they besieged the Non-Diarists with support from the enigmatic Barrett. It was only a matter of time before they took the lead and they did through Johnson on the right. Harrison did the leg work playing in Johnson who, without breaking stride, moved on to the pass with the rhythm of a Brazilian and struck a fine Jarhzinio-esque watch shot in off the post. 1-0.

Non-diarists fared poorly in these early exchanges. They seemed to be getting bogged down with verification tests rather than research and pointing out of basic errors until, out of nowhere, and for no reason, Barrett headed a confession into his own net which, despite him trying to claw it back, stood. 1-1.

Half time.

The second half saw the Diarists introduce Feldman for Smith. The fiery forward soon brought the quiet Graham into the game. These two combined well and Feldmans promptings brought out the best in his young partner. With the coyness of a high school prom Queen evaporating, Graham sneaked in on Harris's blindside to produce an unexpected family relation tap in. This after the intimidating hard work of Feldman had created such an opening. 2-1.

This kicked the Non-Diarists into life. Their Captain Harris struck sound forged will volleys just over the Diarists bar. Then their own indomitable forward Olmor strode forward with attack after attack, joined by Philips. It was quite clear from the verbal abuse and feigning of injury that both sides would used whatever powers they had in order to become victorious. Then controversy. A lazy left wing Platt report from Pegg somehow found itself under the bar but was it over the line? Diarists thought not but the Azerbaijani linesman stated clearly that he saw the fluorescent marks over the line...and further down the page. 2-2

At present, the two sides are now playing extra time. One suspects penalties will decide the outcome.

Monty

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1776
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 5:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brilliant, Monty!

But I have to take issue with you over the following:

It was quite clear from the verbal abuse and feigning of injury that both sides would used whatever powers they had in order to become victorious.

Please find me a single example of a 'Diarist' (by which I assume you mean the tiny few who are not 100% convinced by the modern hoax theory?) stupidly using verbal abuse or injury 'in order to become victorious'.

If you can't, be prepared for loads of verbal abuse from me and a sharp crack across your shins if we ever meet face to face!

The fluorescent marks didn't tell Dr Platt anything about the diary's age - so what are they telling your linesman, and where did he get his expertise from? Spill the beans or be prepared for loads of....etc etc etc. Oh, and a disallowed goal there too, until you can explain why the linesman ruled the marks as significant.

Liverpool can't lose this one - I'm putting my money on its citizens taking the winning penalty shot in time, revealing all.

Have a great weekend all.

Love,

Caz
X

(Message edited by caz on May 27, 2005)

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1661
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 5:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,

Please find me a single example of a 'Diarist' (by which I assume you mean the tiny few who are not 100% convinced by the modern hoax theory?) stupidly using verbal abuse or injury 'in order to become victorious'.

I never stated it was stupid to use verbal abuse, thats your word that is. No, I cannot find a single example of verbal abuse...wait, hang on...read on..

If you can't, be prepared for loads of verbal abuse from me and a sharp crack across your shins if we ever meet face to face!

That a threat? a verbal threat? Ahh...verbal abuse ! Found it.

Have a great weekend all.

I will...and you.

Love,

Monty
x

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 947
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 5:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How about feigning fear of another poster and pretending to be threatened in order to blackmail that poster to get information they won't give you? Does that count under the feigning injury part? Yeah the tactics of the Diarists are pure! ROFLMAO!

As for the verbal abuse, give me a few days, it could take weeks to compile.

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1778
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 6:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, yes, Monty old sport. But that was after the fact. And the smiley face was supposed to tell you I couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding, so your shins would be perfectly safe with me.

Still 2-1 then? Or do you really know something Dr Platt doesn't?

Love,

Caz
XX

(Message edited by caz on May 27, 2005)

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1779
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 6:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ally,

I take it all back. Anyone who claims to have information that could help prove the modern hoax theory, but won't spill the beans (thereby prolonging the game way past extra time) deserves far worse penalties than blackmail - fingernails pulled out one by one would be too good for 'em.

Love,

Caz
X

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 948
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 7:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why gee, Caz, when you were in the midst of blackmail (and blackmail isn't the penalty, it was the weapon being used)I don't believe that anyone did claim that they had information that could prove the modern hoax theory, and even if they did, I am not exactly sure who died and made you the god who gets to decide in which situations it's perfectly okay to blackmail, threat or extort anything that you feel you have the right to know, just because you want to know it. But hey, some people's ethics are more fluid than others. (Insert obligatory cutesy I-was-just-joking wink here).

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1662
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 7:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,

Ah, yes, Monty old sport. But that was after the fact.

Ah, that makes it ok then.

I couldnt think of anyone else I want near my shins other than you.

Regards,
Monty

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1780
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 7:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ally,

I thought this was about the diary, and how best to get at the truth.

If just one of the many modern hoax theorists who have come here with their various claims over the years had willingly given his/her readers the evidence that proves them, I wouldn't need to threaten to pull any fingernails out, would I?

Love,

Caz - promoted to chief blackmailer and torturer, with precious few victims still lining up for punishment.

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1781
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 7:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty,

2-1 then, because I assume you sacked your linesman over those fluorescent marks and told him to see his optician.

(The throwaway lines are the ones I like to pick up and run with. Don't use them and I won't have anything to play with. That's not a threat, just a promise.)

Love,

Caz
X

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1663
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Caz,

It wasnt a throwaway line. I rarely use such lines. The report is there for all to see, you interpret one way, I another. Just that you seem more agitated by my version than I yours.

Why?

Glad to see Im on a promise anyhoos.

Love

Monty

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 949
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 1:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, this was about you making the somewhat ludicrous implication that your crew has done nothing unethical or sleazy in the course of your arguments.

Now it's nice to be able to claim that the ends justify the means, but really, considering that this is a stupid case that will never be solved, I am not sure I'd resort to blackmail or any other sleazy tactics to get at the truth. But then I guess some people have always been willing to sell themselves cheap.

Mark Andrew Pardoe
Inspector
Username: Picapica

Post Number: 283
Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 5:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whatho all,

Caz - promoted to chief blackmailer and torturer, with precious few victims still lining up for punishment

Caz in leather holding a whip? By crickey it's off to the cold bath.

Cheers, Mark

Luke Whitley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty (Motson)

That was a better match than the Champions League Final. I'll have a word with the powers that be at the B.B.C. You'd do a great job of commentating at next year's World Cup.
Put that date down in your Diary.(Not the Maybrick version, I hasten to add).
Great stuff Monty.

LUKE WHITLEY.

AAD
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The diarists are total non-starters on a loser from the word go. No contest I'm afraid.

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1787
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 6:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Monty,

There is nothing to interpret.

As far as Dr Platt is concerned, the fluorescent marks gave him no indication at all of the diary's age.

You evidently saw something suspicious that Dr Platt missed. So cough up what it is, and how you know, or cover your shins.

Love,

Caz
X

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1788
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 7:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Mark,

Sadly I was joking.

I can see the funny side of it. Someone makes yet another bold claim about the diary or watch being a modern hoax, and Caz expects them to support it - the heartless cow.

This 'contest' (AAD is obviously not paying attention) has been going on here for six years. And when the claims are just dangled and left unsupported, Caz is lower than a snake's belly for not letting them get away with it unscathed.

The torture will go on - until someone actually proves one of their claims here.

And I'll be as bad as I need to be. The ball's in the court of whoever wants to make the next unsupported claim.

Love,

Caz
X

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 951
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 7:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have got to be kidding me. That is your spin on the story? ROFL

I have to admit at the very least, getting a glimpse of your reality is amusing.

Caroline Anne Morris
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1789
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 9:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ally,

If the very best you can do is to remind everyone of my numerous character failings at every opportunity, you've got yourself a job for life.

I can certainly see why you get far more job satisfaction that way. It obviously beats the hell out of actually trying to support all those suspicions you've voiced over the years about the Barretts and the Johnsons and so on.

Love,

Caz
X

Ally
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 952
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 10:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey there Caz,

Well if you would just stop making self-righteous comments like "Please find me a single example of a 'Diarist' (by which I assume you mean the tiny few who are not 100% convinced by the modern hoax theory?) stupidly using verbal abuse or injury 'in order to become victorious' " which less face it begs a response, then I wouldn't have to keep reminding you that your own actions in the Diary debate are far from pure and you are hardly the innocent victim of the big bag wolf that you keep on claiming to be.

As for supporting my suspicions about the Barretts, et. al., those suspicions have been supported numerous times and in numerous ways for numerous years. Just because you don't happen to agree with it, doesn't mean it hasn't been done.

So in short, if you don't want me bashing you for your completely unethical, sleazy, scheming behavior, simply stop playing the wounded victim of unfair attacks and I won't be motivated to reply. Especially when you admit in the very next post that you will do whatever it takes to get what you want.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.