Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Photo of Annie Chapman Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Victims » General Discussion / Other Victims » Photo of Annie Chapman « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

BAPearce
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Today I saw a photo in a magazine that is supposed to be Annie Chapman as a young woman.Is this genuine and where did it come from

Robert Charles Linford
Chief Inspector
Username: Robert

Post Number: 712
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2003 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi BA Pearce

I don't know what photo it was that you saw in the magazine, but there is a genuine early picture of Chapman on this site, tracked down I believe by Neal Shelden. Just click victims on the list to the left.

Robert

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant
Username: Neal

Post Number: 67
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2003 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi BA Pearse,
If you could find out what magazine this is I would be grateful to know because I certainly haven't provided a copy for anyone outside of the Ripper magazines?
Thanks
Neal Shelden

BAPearce
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 3:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's an Australian magazine called New Idea a weekly thing that mainly does "celebrity" stuff but they have sidetracked into a small section on true crime to boost sales I think it shows a young woman seated and a man with mutton chopy whiskers standing beside her

BAPearce
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 3:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just found the photo (and saw on of a woman called Jackson that scared me even more than the one of Mary Jane Kelly the first time I saw it)It's the same photo I saw in the magazine.I am quite a coward with the more grusome photos.

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 68
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi BA Pearse,

Thanks for the info,

Do you know what edition the magazine with the Annie Chapman picture is?

And, is there a contact number for the magazine or even an email number?

The picture does sound like the Annie Chapman one with her husband, but I’m surprised that they have a copy.

Many thanks for all your help.
Neal Shelden

BAPearce
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2003 - 6:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Neal The address is Private Bag 9960 North Sydney NSW 2059 phone 1800 809346 fax 2 94643203 email newidea@pacpubs.com.au They don't show the whole photo just the heads.

Neal Shelden
Detective Sergeant

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks very much. Will contact them straight away.

Maryanne
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What woman Jackson and what photo? Where can I see them?

Johnnathan Miller
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Want all names of ripper victims.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.