Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Congratulations to Casebooks Stephen ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » Congratulations to Casebooks Stephen Ryder! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tee@jtrforumsUK
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 09, 2005 - 5:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know I`ll not be the first to congratulate, and contarary to the belief (of others) I`d just like to take this opportunity to congratulate the Casebook and it's proprietor, and creator Stephen Ryder on his 'Lifetime Achievment Award' that he recieved whilst attending the 'Jack the Ripper Conference Brighton 2005'.

And I`d also like to say what a pleasure it was to meet with yourself and Ally. I know there has been some pretty wild things that have gone on over the years (and within recent months) within Ripperology that have caused various problematic issues, and it`s very unfortunate that we was without intentions, placed on the front lines of some of these issues.

If this conference has taught me anything ... it would be ... Don`t take others words for it. And don`t judge anyone by the manner of which they express themselves in their posts, as this can still very easily be misunderstood.

I also know that Ivor was very impressed when you approached him after his talk to congratulate him and with that both exchanged friendly handshake. So I`d like to state here and now that there is absoloutly no anamosity from us (Ivor and myself) or jtrforumsUK at all. And all of us truly congratulate you on your achievment. Well done!

Anyways, I`ll stop brown-nosing now as I have a site of my own to run.

Best wishes, and again, nice to meet you both.

Tee.

P.S. Ally, I have a bruised rib from that body shot ;)And it was great to also meet the other people from here that managed to attend the conference. Best wishes.

Ally
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Ally

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 5:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You know I don't know how it has taken me so long to find this thread but I have to say that I also agree that Stephen deserves his very own thread congratulating him on building this site where we all can gather to gab and occasionally even learn.

Thank you Tee for starting it.

P.S. That little tap?

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 5168
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 5:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Stephen is to be congratulated on building a wonderful site that offers information, research, discussions, jokes, camaraderie - in short, something for anyone and everyone.

And the whole thing runs as smooth as clockwork.

Thank you, Stephen.

Robert

David O'Flaherty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 5:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Absolutely, thank you Stephen. Ally also contributed a lot of her time when she was moderating.

Dave

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 3060
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 6:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Congrats to Stephen!!!! and Hugs Ally!!
Suzi x

Natalie Severn
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Severn

Post Number: 2503
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 6:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A fabulous site which Stephen more than deserved that great award for!And ofcourse thanks to Ally whose support for it goes without question!
And such a great crowd who contribute to it!

and a lovely gesture Tee---

Natalie

Glenn G. Lauritz Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 4165
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 6:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Indeed, Stephen, congratulations to the award and certainly well deserved. We all try to imagine the loads of work put into it, but I think very few of us are able to really grasp it.

And I agree, a nice gesture by Tee for starting this thread.

All the best
G. Andersson, writer/historian

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1936
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 5:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes Tee,

Creeping around Headmaster you little shi....is this mic on? Oh cra...

....Yes, erm well done to Spry.

I would also like to add (as I did on the conference thread DAYS before Tee started this one) a big well done to the unsung workers who have kept this site in top notch condition over the previous years.

Well done to all.

Monty
:-)

Just joshing Tee you understand.
Four candles.....you know, handles for forks ! - The Guv'nor

Christopher T George
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 1637
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 2:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All

The recognition Stephen received in Brighton is richly deserved and overdue. I was also touched by the way Stephen modestly but correctly acknowledged our late friend Adrian M. Phypers (Viper) for beginning the Press Project, as well as recognizing the contribution of Chris Scott and the many volunteers in building on Adrian's work. Thank you, Stephen! :-)

All my best

Chris

(Message edited by Chrisg on October 19, 2005)
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
http://www.ripperologist.info
http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/

Diana
Chief Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 827
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 5:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have always enjoyed this site tremendously. I've been here almost I think since its inception. It is truly wonderful and we have Stephen to thank and Ally.

David Radka
Sergeant
Username: Dradka

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 6:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aren't we forgetting that Stephen is the publisher of the solution to the case? We ought to congratulate him also for that.
David M. Radka
Author: "Alternative Ripperology: Questioning the Whitechapel Murders"
Casebook Dissertations Section

Brad McGinnis
Inspector
Username: Brad

Post Number: 276
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I send my congrats to Spry too! Who could have known back in '96 that a kid who wanted to find out more about Maybrick would end up being the source authority about all things JTR? I like to say to newbies "If it isnt at Casebook then it aint."
Thank you Stephen for giving us a playground to bounce our thoughts around!
For those who dont have the pleasure of actually knowing Spry, he has a rather esoteric education in French and archeology, but makes his living as a computer geek (in the best sense of the term). In addition he is an adept horticulturist and dendroligist. I'm proud to call him friend.
Ally? Shes the Goddess of Ripperolgy. Lol,get out of that one girl!
Yours, Brad

Richard Brian Nunweek
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Richardn

Post Number: 1503
Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005 - 4:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I would like also to congratulate Stephen on his dedication to this site, without it the whole subject of JTR would be very low key, I Hope I speak for everyone registered or not in sending sincere thanks for all these years in the quest for the Itentity of JTR.
We have had countless hours of debate fruitless or not, but although brain damaging it has given countless threads of food for thought and so entertaining.
Thanks Stephen.
Richard.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.