Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

New new guy says hello Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Pub Talk » New new guy says hello « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eric Skinner
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Greetings, One and All,
I've sent in my registration paperwork and while that's making its ways through channels, I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. My name is Eric Skinner and I live in New York State, about two hours from NYC. I'm a novice Ripperologist and must confess that I haven't kept up with a lot of recent theories, with the exception of Patricia Cornwell. It was kind of hard not to hear about her thoughts on the Whitechapel Murders.

Like a lot of people, I'm not really sure I can point at one aspect of the case and say "that's why I'm interested in this." I originally started reading about Jack the Ripper because of the murders but so many avenues have opened up from there. Life in the slums of London, the class structure of Victorian England, the development of the police force, the list goes on and on. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from all of you and, in time, hope to maybe even make a point or two.
All The Best,
Eric

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 653
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2004 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Eric!!
Good to have you on 'board'! you'll get used to it....take a trawl through the 'serious' boards and take a listen to the guys who know what they're talking about!
Anything you want to talk off subject....stick to Pub Talk!....always fun...use your thread on this...its easier to talk when you know where people are!
Anyway...welcome you..
Cheers Suzi

Michael Raney
Inspector
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 261
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eric,

Welcome aboard! Sit back and listen or jump in anywhere. We're just like family here. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't. It all adds up to all of us learning more about the case and seeing it from many different angles.

Mikey

(Message edited by Mikey559 on April 12, 2004)

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 658
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi eric!!!!
will pick up yr email now!
suzi!!!!! cant be too careful!!

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 659
Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eric!! whoops lost the email....send again I GUESS!
suzi

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 666
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stephen
Have emailed you ... forwarded Eric's email....just know you can help him out!!!!! Good Luck with Baltimore!!!
All best
Cheers
Suzi

Neil K. MacMillan
Detective Sergeant
Username: Wordsmith

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Suzi:
Hi! hey if you sent me an email it got blocked for a virus (netsky.b) you might want to run a virus check. eric: welcome to the boards,! Nice to have another novice Ripperologist from the Empire State! (I'm from Syracuse) Kindest regards, Neil

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 1524
Posted on Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Eric.
Welcome to the Boards and good luck with your registration.

And don't worry; some of us here are more or less amateurs or novices anyway. But this website is a good a place as any if you want to catch up on the facts, besides reading.

All the best
Glenn Gustaf Lauritz Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 674
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2004 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Neil
Hi..??????
Am from the UK and have been driving people mad here for some time!!
All best Suzi

Bruce Dibble
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello.
I have just discovered this excellent site after getting my first computer.

I recently bought a video entitled "The Whitechapel murders"from a boot sale and found it absolutely fascinating.
I'm looking forward to talking to you all.

Bruce Dibble

Glenn L Andersson
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Glenna

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bruce,

Welcome on board. Hope you'll enjoy it here.

P.S. What video is that? Never heard of it.

All the best
Glenn Gustaf Lauritz Andersson
Crime historian, Sweden

Paul Jackson
Detective Sergeant
Username: Paulj

Post Number: 133
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Bruce,

Welcome to the boards! This is a great place to discuss your viewpoints on Jack the Ripper and also learn a lot from different people who know a lot. Get a few good books on the Ripper...Philip Sugden's "The Complete History Of Jack the Ripper" is probably the best one out there. You can probably find a copy at your local library.
Once again, welcome.

Paul

maria giordano
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 7:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Eric-- we have a lot in common. My paperwork is in the mail,too, and I live about 2.5 hrs from the City.
This is one of the most remarkable sites on the whole net. Enjoy!!

Bruce Dibble
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello.
Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice chaps.

Bruce

Dave
Sergeant
Username: Dave

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2004 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Welcome Bruce! Hope your time on the board is full of entertainment and knowledge.

- DVW

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 720
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2004 - 3:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Eric!!!
Hows it going??
Suzi

angel_eyes
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2004 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Everyone,
I haven't "formally" introduced myself to you or anyone else for that matter but I think I will now. You can all call me Angel and maybe you'll see my messages on the other boards. I'm currently trying to figure out how to get my paperwork so I can join but I don't know how and yes, I've read all the other things that tell me how to do it but my computer is all messed up and it won't work. Oh well, I'll figure it out. Ummm, what else about me? I'm 18 and I live in the United States. Colorado, specifically. Well, I look forward to hearing back and I'll talk to you later.
Angel

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 876
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Angel
Go to the registration bit on the boards and print off your registration form,when you've done that fill it out and send it to Spry and then all will be well I assure you
Suzi

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.