Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Archive through July 04, 2004 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Creative Writing and Expression » JtR Poetry » Archive through July 04, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector
Username: Severn

Post Number: 840
Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2004 - 5:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Suzi.I"m OK.I"ll email you soon.May go to Wales tomorrow.Take Care
Natalie

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 757
Posted on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nats
Enjoy Wales....lucky you! Talk soon
xx suzix

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Apwolf

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 4:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Touch of colour

If I had to paint a picture, where would I start?
And with what knife would I turn murder to art?
With what brush and with what hue or taint
Would I such a perfect image paint?
I should make the red spill into the milky white
And paint deep purple into the long black night.
I should take the viscera and give it a title
And then lance the moon for a vital
Bit of colour
That could smother
This smoky image etched on glass
This spit on tarnished brass
That smells like metal gone bad
And burns like hot water gone mad…
This bastard image that vex and itch
And all the colours run and don’t fix
And faces run down like melted grease
And in pools of wax find eternal peace
So there I paint the white in the dark
And with my blade make my mark
In the wide canvas that is empty
And with colour I ply it aplenty
Stroke after stroke I apply
On whispering ghosts that sigh
Whose heart I painted thick and fast
Just to make the moment last
Brush strokes like feathers of flight
And how the red captured the light
And dimmed the discord of sound
Within that white wall of sound.
I painted her as I found her
Just black and white
But I added a touch of colour.

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 865
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 5:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is beautiful AP! I loved it-loved it!There you see you painted a picture with words alone
and a hint of the sublime Blake!
I have painted two more-one I"ve just finished of a scene showing the Royal london Hospital
and Winthrop Street and the board school.The other is of Millers ct.today and for all time.
Will post them as soon as I can.
Thanks for the poem
Natalie

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Robert

Post Number: 2483
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 5:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP

Indeed, this is superb stuff. I particularly liked
"And faces run down like melted grease
And in pools of wax find eternal peace".

The whole piece is aesthetically satisfying, as a poem should be.

As soon as my nephew's GCSE's are out of the way, I'll try and write something myself!

Robert

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1120
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 1:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Natalie & Robert for your kind words.
I thought the 'arty' nature of the poem would appeal to Natalie as an artist, and yes, Robert, I managed to tame the beast for a while and let slip a gentle creature... mind you that poem came howling out of an empty bottle of SSB at about 500 miles per hour and hit the computer screen fully complete.

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1128
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I do love to be by the seaside

An itinerant wandering Jew took calm refuge by the sea
Saying ‘this is a funny place for a wandering Jew to be!’
But then his consternation began to suddenly increase
When he realised that he was surrounded by the police.
For the long arm of the law had stretched all the way to Hove
And thus it was that an itinerant wandering Jew there did rove.
All that way from a splendid institution in the London East-End
Where apparently the wandering Jew had wandered round the bend.
But while he was there he could take tea
And by the seaside was a nice place to be.
His duties at Hove were simple, for all he must do is identify himself
And he did that very thing in an instant, although not in good health.
‘That’s me!’ he exclaimed when he saw his reflection in the glass
‘though I must admit today I look more like a baboon’s arse!
But one thing I know, I’ve seen him before
Just before he did kill that old whore…
Definitely that’s the chap
That the police call Jack!’
And as Swanson passed him the milk
He signed papers admitting his guilt
Then he was pronounced of sound body and mind
As Anderson passed him the sugar so kind
Then the wandering Jew was sent back to the town
As part of a travelling circus, to wit a prancing clown
Poor chap had to travel hundreds of miles
To bring a service pistol to uncle Charles.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2496
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lovely poem, AP, and very funny as usual.

If I could continue this line of thought :

Until they no longer troubled to ask,
Just held him down and forced on mask.
Made him sing in asylum zoo
"You gotta rip a poppet or two"
While he reviewed the situation
Inbetween bouts of masturbation.
Bad him pinch kidney from killer's coat
And wield the knife that tore and smote
Till Jew was castle of sand on beach
And Jack sailed away beyond all reach.
The vendors pack up their stalls,
The incoming ocean crawls,
The castle crumbles and falls.

Robert

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 1:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aye, Robert, quite right... and a lovely poem to boot!
Problem is that there are many who will come along after the castle has crumbled and sift through that pile of sand to see if they can't find a crumb of hope.
Fat chance! A seagull flew off with it a long time ago.
And then Uncle Charles shot the seagull; and then Tom-Tom scatttered that crumb of hope to the sparrows that chirped in the garden.
But today entire paper mills grind away in the massive effort of distributing that small crumb of hope, fortunes and egos are made and broken, arguments and theories fly and flounder, vitriol whizzes through the ether bouncing off satellites and the moon...
and I reach for the SSB and bless the chief buyer of Safeway's and then lay a firm curse on all the gatherers of crumbs.
For somewhere out there is a loaf and I aim to slice the sonnabitch and toast it.
Cheers to you Robert.

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 881
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have to have a laugh dont you AP and Robert.!
I mean its all harmless stuff and poor Kosminski---he seems to have come in for a load of unprovable flack just because Anderson "couldnt believe an Englishman could be the ripper".Of well
There have been a number of Englishmen since who have proved the error of his thinking!
I must say for me looking back at how the Jewish Community seemed to have handled their difficulties at around this time-their energy,organisations,soup kitchens ,working mens clubs[for education as well as support]must have been a great support and inspiration to our indigenous working class organisations.No wonder they threw up their hands in horror at being accused of harbouring the ripper of all people.But then the ripper could have come from any race or class.
Best Natalie

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 5:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes Natalie
The Ripper was a Jew and now I'm a radical feminist.
I just know that Robert will appreciate the irony of that.
Oh, and by the way, my father was a cockney Jew, so I do understand the playing field.

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 882
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 5:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not half AP,not half!Your Dad sounds great -yuo"ve spoken about him before re VanGogh.
Well one thing I"m not is a radical feminist!
I am rather more for finding out what unites us than what separates us![but that said I am a feminist in so far as I believe we are all of us of equal value-no matter our gender or race.
Natalie

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 883
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 6:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP,I see what you mean!Thats just a case of "b*ll*cks to the lot of "em!"---Natalie

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 5:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Square Mile … (for the few)

Come Jack, take my hand for a little while
And let us walk this damned square mile
And think of all the young men who went to war
And those who stayed behind to kill the whore
For many they went and never came back
And the one who stayed they called him Jack
And that Jack did all the killing at home
While young men died in trenches all alone
With gunshot wound, blast and cut to bloody shred
And there young Jack would them wed and bled
As the young men died from wounds some god made
Then young Jack would employ his rusty blade
To make good that wound
And reemploy that womb
And give birth to generations as yet to come
The turning century as the beat-beat drum
With each turning of fine screw
Come millennium askew
And as we walked and talked I asked him ‘why?’
He said he didn’t want the little soldiers to go to the sky
For if they were never born they never could die
Said he could never make it rhyme
But he was a peace maker of his time.
We parted company at a church
He left me with an empty curse
So much blood all around
Fire and thunder above the ground
The scenes inside turned to a whiter shade
And I shuddered at this world Jack has made.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2507
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 5:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A fine, thought-provoking and sombre poem, AP, appropriate to this occasion. Appropriate too inasmuch as Jack gave birth to other Jacks, and wars give birth to other wars.

A few years ago I found in a second-hand book sale a volume containing the best entries from the national forces poetry competition. It was lovely to see Private This and Captain That - non-professional poets - setting their thoughts down in verse.

Robert

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2509
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 4:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thought I'd do a non-JTR for once.

CEMETERY VISIT

She knows her first will be her last,
As close to him now as she was by the train...
Sixty years have somehow passed
And find her saying goodbye again.

The widows gaze at the gridded ground
Where husbands lie to attention still
On parade, while all around
The tears fall where they will.

Robert

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 6:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Speck in God’s Eye (1)

It was in my Colony model that I first speculated that the deadly art of the serial killer was somehow matched to an evolutionary process that we still do not understand but are silent witness to.
The idle speculation I used at the time seemed to imply that the efforts of male class killers to eradicate female class was the violent cutting edge of an otherwise blunt and silent process of evolutionary eradication with its goal as the twinning of the two sexual classes, or in fact the total eradication of one caste in favour of the other when the reproductive values of the female caste could be assumed or negated by the male caste.
The serial killer appears to be in the fast lane of this biological process, whilst other less violent and frenetic changes are accepted by us as ‘normal’ development and progression, and here I speak of lowering sperm counts, upward trends towards trans-sexuality and transvestism; and the rapid advances in genetic engineering which will eventually allow us to reproduce without either sexual caste playing a particular sexual role.
The blunt edge of the evolutionary knife seems to indicate that sexuality and reproduction are genuinely parting company as bed partners; whilst the sharp edge of the evolutionary knife does appear to be held directly against the throat of the female caste, where they are considered as almost ‘surplus population’ and entirely superfluous to reproductive requirement.
Now, the begging question has to be: ‘was Jack holding that knife in 1888?’

I believe that all male serial killers are persuaded by social conditioning - the subtle signals and messages of which I have spoke at length - to select the female caste as appropriate victims… and this despite the rather bizarre fact that the sexual conditioning of almost all these serial killers implies that their true sexuality is directed to their own male caste with whom they are able to engage socially with ease and respect, but in dealings with the female caste they are both persuaded and convinced by the ruling dogma within their own sexual caste to react with hostility, fear and confusion to that female caste.
Confined and constrained by the social obligation of family and school in their younger years, it is not until these ‘soldiers’ of the male caste are released onto the streets in their early twenties that their murderous inclinations to a universally hated rival caste to their own then take on shape and form as they are forced to socially interact with a sexual caste that they fear and despise. Through daily haphazard circumstance and chance these diminutive ‘soldiers’ are thrown together with random members of the female caste, who then bait them sexually with their fears and anxieties, playing on their male-bonded rituals of social acceptance and respectability.
Many of these ‘soldiers’ quickly retreat back to the surroundings and sexual caste they understand and know - their own - and surround themselves with the type of paraphernalia that makes them socially and sexually acceptable to their own caste: football, rugby, cricket, drinking, gambling, fashion, music, hobbies…
Other ‘soldiers’ bite the bullet and exploit the female caste for pleasure, realizing that the creatures aint so bad after all and that a good deal of fun can be had with them if one is able to throw away all that social conditioning one has learnt at home and school…
And then we come to the individuals that do neither of these things.
For they are torn between the social and sexual attractions of two entirely separate castes, and that tear is catastrophically decisive…
As I hope Mister Richard Speck will now show us.
Stand up, Speck, you complete and utter twat, I just refried you and I’m going make you dance on my griddle.

(lovely poem, Robert, enjoyed that immensely)

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2547
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 4:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP

If what you say is true, then it's going to get worse for women as they increasingly enter the male worlds of football etc, where they can sometimes be viewed as an intrusive presence.

PS Fashion isn't a male pursuit, surely?

Robert

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 5:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, Robert, I think that is already going on. It started in the LVP with female doctors.

As regards fashion as a male pursuit... there is an ever-growing iconic addiction by younger men to fashion idols contolling vast fashion empires... and strangely enough those fashion idols are most often overtly gay men.
My own son, proudly wears underwear bearing the name of one of these iconic individuals, who as we speak is dying of aids after an exhaustive career as a catamite. In fact my son has a beach towel bearing the logo of this man, which he proudly lays out on the beach for all to see, but he never uses it as a beach towel, instead using a Marks & Spencer towel which he conceals in his D&G bag.
I honestly believe the male caste is more a slave of fashion than the female caste.
This is something I plan to explore as I go along.
I note you have been to the seaside.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2551
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 5:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah yes, AP, I've been down to Dover. However, on the odd occasion that I do venture onto a beach, I always have my trusty anorak on. My idea of keeping up with fashion, is to give the anorak an occasional wash.

I've never understood fashion at all. For instance, women want the latest dress in order to be in the fashion, and then they complain when they see another woman wearing the same dress!

I wonder though to what extent women have made progress in various spheres, only to find that the men have moved on to something else. For instance, TV seems almost completely geared to women, but maybe the men are all on their computers? Again, women are now becoming priests -but how many men now go to church?

Robert

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1146
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 5:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Radka and Mepisto

get their knickers in a twist
Mepisto uses his fist
And Radka his wrist
To itch that scratch
Jacking-off on Jack
To scratch that bitch
And itch that itch
To scratch that back
Jacking-off on Jack.
While Jack goes off killing whores
You scratch mine and I’ll scratch yours
This damn itch, scratch and pox
Let’s keep that Jack-in-the-box.
All that jisum
Radkalism.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2553
Posted on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 6:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If p then q
Is something you do
When everybody has need of the loo.

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1160
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 2:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

(2) Speck and Spunk

It is difficult to quantify exactly what I thought when I first saw the images of Richard Speck - acclaimed mass murderer of the female caste - prancing around a cell, dressed in tights, women’s knickers and a pair of respectable tits… and then going on to gleefully engage in serious sexual play with what was obviously a ’man’.
Nobody was play-acting, that much I knew, this was for real. Whatever else I knew, the images that were played out before me were absolutely truthful. Just as the images I have studied, way back when, of Richard Speck - so called ‘sexual serial killer’ - wiping out a whole nest of nurses to satisfy his so-called carnal urges.
But as I watched the surreal images unfold I did get a spark, and that spark was that Richard Speck was the ultimate confirmation of my weird Colony model. For here was a man who had killed a whole mess of women - supposedly for some kind of bizarre sexual gratification - but I believe he killed them for a very different reason.
So what exactly do we have here in the shapeless mass of Richard Speck?
A man who slaughters women wholesale in an absolute frenzy of destruction, one after the other as if they are passing ducks at a fairground shooting stall; and all apparently for the sexual motivation of desire and power.
But one must tread very carefully on the boards of the gods, for the evidence of a truly sexual motive is scant and scabby to say the least.
A mere dribble of semen staged artfully in the obvious area, that is all we see, nothing more apart from massive bodily destruction. So not much sex but a lot of war.
True sexual motive would disallow the obvious presentation of semen to the casual observer, instead only allowing an act of penetration where the semen would be hidden from view - as nature intended when it comes to sex.
One suspects - one knows really - that ’magical transfer’ is involved here, and that the killer is aware of the sexual futility and finality of his desperate rage and anger, and hence masturbates his limp ’knife’ - that’s for Wilson, Freud, Radka, Hagel-Bagel, Canter & Co. - and then transfers this splurge of utter nonsense onto a sexually sensitive area of ’one’ of his victims, like some old dog leaking helplessly on a lamp post to mark his newly found territory.
Such an act of masturbatory transfer on a solitary victim could possibly indicate some kind of childish sexual motive, grounded perhaps more in a selfish or anxious desire, rather than an actual desire or wish to involve another human being in a sexual act.
But considering that only one of a number of victims were treated to this act of magical transfer does appear to disallow true sexual motivation in these crimes. More like a fox in a chicken house really.
One wonders what Jack might have done if he had walked into a house full of sleeping nurses?

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2598
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 3:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So how do you see this, AP? Was this Speck a closet homosexual, ashamed of his female side and attacking this female side in women, while covering up his motivations with an appearance of masculinity?

Robert

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

At the moment Robert, I see everything through the bottom of a full glass of brandy, but trust me, I will get there.
Did you not realise that Radka - on a nearby and much loved channel -has firmly banned the concept of a homosexual killing females for any reason? His theory is based on a banana skin - lovingly peeled by Freud and his mother - a criminal profiler at half-gallop, and Bagels half-baked by Hagels.
I do plan to take his globe and spin it around my office.
You’ll enjoy it.

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1165
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 1:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Spick and Speck

Then this mass-muderer of young women evolves over a period of years into that which he has slaughtered: a woman, complete with breasts, child-bearing hips, lip job and all the wiles and ways of an arch-pantomine dame.
Are we watching Panto?
Radkalism maintains that such a creature cannot exist, a man who kills women cannot have an inherent homosexual inclination, so crows the Radka. But here it is in all its power and glory, prancing around on the stage of life and sticking its two fingers up at Radka.
What is this Speck creature?
I have speculated elsewhere that all such acts of murder - especially serial or mass-murder - are some strange form of ‘disorganised’ suicide where the killer appears to be slicing bits off himself by proxy - killing other folks - until finally he burns that urge and then genuinely commits a real act of suicide, or otherwise immerses himself in a deep catatonic state from which he never emerges.
But Speck seems to take that strange circumstance one step further along its evolutionary track, by becoming to all intents and purposes - and being used sexually thus by other males - a fully functioning female, lacking only the capability of reproduction… and there I’m sure the scientists in the Colony could help him out a little in the not too distant future.

I believe what we are dealing with here in the case of Speck - and others very similar to him/her - is a bizarre and extraordinarily deadly game of ‘pass the parcel’, where the hatred, fear and loathing of women in general - and in particular as a sexual and reproductive being - is being historically passed down by the ‘mind-makers’ of the Colony - such as Freud, Hagel-Bagel, Wilson, Canter and Radka.
Anyone who has seen the film ‘Fallen’ should quickly grasp the concept of which I speak: that an evil concept or design can be passed on throughout humanity by a simple touch.
Obviously in the case before us now, that evil concept and design is being passed throughout humanity by the written word rather than a simple touch, but no matter the glass holds water.
This written word is passed on from generation to generation by the torch bearers of the Colony - men like Freud, Hagel-Bagel, Wilson, Canter, those damn Yankee profilers and Radka - whose frustration and desperation to preserve their ‘masculine’ ideas and ideals concerning women - which do have at their rotten core the furies of hatred, fear and loathing of a sexual caste without which they cannot reproduce.
They allow - in their writing and in their personal influence over the Colony - the female caste one function and one function alone in society, and that is to brood and bear them children.
When a woman steps outside of this narrow role the soldiers are called out to deal with them… your Jacks, your Teds, your Peters, your Specks… Radkalism rattles their cages and out they all pour; their quarry?
Any female asserting her authority, independence or individuality in a male-dominated society, so such as nurses, whores or even unaccompanied women who hitch a ride in a car.
Wilson maintains that such women are ‘inviting’ murder.
You can imagine the scene at the nurse’s home when Speck burst in waving his knife.
‘Oh please come to my room!’ the nurses all cried.
Inviting murder.
Wilson!

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2648
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 2:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Interesting stuff, AP. Hitler put his finger on this feminine side that people have, when he boasted of impressing the submissive masses with his power and brutality. And following Adolf was a perfect way of being femininely submissive and masculinely dominating at the same time - the best of both worlds. We've also seen all kinds of other power worshippers - communists who've willingly returned to Moscow to be show-trialled, EU superstate enthusiasts...

I think maybe there's something else too : hate something long enough, fiercely enough and impotently enough, and I suspect that the Imp of the Perverse starts to take a hand.

And I liked your word "suicide" - I just feel this kind of concept gets very close to the heart of what makes these murderers tick.

Robert

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 925
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 3:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks AP for the invigorating words above that have certainly set me thinking.
I feel the need for more information as yet but can see quite clearly how the case you argue could be so.Perhaps you will enlarge upon it.
Good to read you again-always amazing stuff -so lively and original
Thanks
Natalie

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 5:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheers Robert
As much as you liked my word 'suicide' in this connection, I even more enjoyed your 'Imp of the Perverse'. I must turn that lovely expression to my own good.
As you are probably aware I haven't quite finished with this suicide concept yet.
Nice to hear from you, and nice to be flexing my wasted muscles briefly once again.

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1167
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 5:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Natalie
more information on its way soon.
You say the nicest things that I almost blush.
I've been struck down recently but hope to be back to my usual form as soon as I can find the hidden bottle of brandy.
Did Radka get banned while I was in me sick bed?

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2652
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 5:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP

Sorry to hear that you've been unwell. I thought the reason you'd been quiet was that you were very busy.

Radka is still going strong, and shows no signs of reaching for the hemlock.

Robert

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 928
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 3:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to hear you have been sick AP and hope that you are OK now.Go easy though on the Spanish Brandy!
Looking forward to more of your thoughts...
Natalie

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 3:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well if Radka wont reach for the hemlock, I guess I'll have to pass it to him.
Thanks Robert and Natalie.
Me and my computer went down at the same time.
Both back on line now, but for some strange reason my computer no longer recognises things like press cuttings on this site anymore?
I still recognise a bottle of SSB though and have finally found it.
More thoughts coming soon.

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1169
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 2:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Speck-ulation

It is the tiny germ - spread by the half-arsed Freudian bandits in their publications - that doth influence and impress young, uninformed and uneducated males of the Colony, making them believe that the female sex is a hidden and almost secret threat to society as a whole because of their awful powers of sexual attraction and almost magical means of reproduction.
Both these feminine facilities and functions are categorised and classified by the various dominating wings of male society - school, church, forces of law and order, government etc. - as ‘dirty’ and ‘unsavoury’.
Women bleed and should be locked away for it.
Crimson shades of the Red Tent.
If women do not bleed, then they bloody well should.
That is the basic philosophy of the serial killer.
So what do the impressionable young soldiers of the Colony do when they are constantly bombarded with these subtle and secretive signals sent out by the influential and highly respected older members of their caste? Who themselves sit comfortably in pubs enjoying reunions and the like as we see on another channel.
What the young soldiers do is to go out and slaughter groups of women - such as nurses or whores - who they see as the ultimate threat to the masturbatory male bastion, because these independent groups of women are refusing to accept their marginalized role in that male-dominated society.
These killer soldiers slice out and disfigure, or even destroy, what they view as the evil elements of womanhood, the magical powers of sexual attraction and then the consequential devil’s trick of reproduction.
‘Ah!’
We can hear all them Radkas sigh.
‘If only we could have our children without sex!’ (‘And wimmin!’ Wilson adds.)
And there we have the worm in the bud.
For the sexual parts of those damned wimmin entrap, ensnare and enslave them poor Jacks and Freuds, but that’s not all, for them same rancid parts lead to the reproductive zones which damn the male species to absolutely no chance of survival unless he first pokes that fearsome beast with his dry stick.
Ah, bitter wilderness of sin!
For Wilson, Freud, Radka, Canter and all them damn Yankee profilers are lost on some planet way out there in space, because that which they condemn are they completely and utterly dependent upon for their very survival as a species.
Hence Speck replaces that what he has killed in a perfectly normal evolutionary process.
Just like them crows.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2661
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 4:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP

Thought-provoking as always.

When I read about the "almost magical means of reproduction" I thought about the Protestant abhorrence at the Catholic doctrine of transubstantiation, and at Catholic Mysteries in general. Also the numerous campaigns against witchcraft. There does seem to have been, for the last 500 years or so, a certain repugnance against anything that smacks of the magical or the feminine.

I suspect also that for a certain type of man, there is a confused and twisted psychological process that goes something like : men will die without women ; women remind men of death ; so kill women and men won't die - as if women were constantly draining men of their life force.

I'm not sure how many of these serial killers actually want children at all - with or without women. Hitler had the chance to father hundreds -but I can almost hear him saying "There'll never be another, lady."

Robert

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 929
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 5:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes AP I follow you.And in Victorian Society there was such a lot of obscene behaviour going on at every level no wonder JtR was spawned.
And the need to subjugate women was rife amonst the men who wrote the dead sea scrolls,the Chinese emperors who wanted to bind our feet and
the far eastern and middle eastern potentates with their vast harems of imprisoned women-and so it goes on.A vast universal litany of oppression
---but hey in 1888 the Match Girls of the East end waged a successful strike on account of scandalous pay and conditions! And I take heart 1
After all it isnt just the men who were and still are "mis-educated " about their superiority but a whole section of women who benefitted from the exploitation and degradation of the poor women and men who worked their industries.
But AP I do see the need here to focus on what you are pointing out which does indeed have a more specific intention woth regard to the reasons why JtR did what he did.And I am interested to know more about your theory and how it might tie in with these particular murders.
Natalie

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2665
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HE AND SHE

"Loose woman, you stand
Gin tight in hand
And kids who knows where?
Free of all care
No need of man
No need of plan
Attaching, detaching,
And in gutter scratching
Your desperate deals
For tainted meals
Just a loose woman
A no use woman
Better if bled
Better if dead."

"Loose cannon that rolls
On sea of mad souls
And clatters 'twixt rails
'Neath wind-ripped sails
At storm's howling height
With no land in sight
Heartless as stone
Splitting the bone
Slices throgh neck
And slides off the deck
Just a loose cannon
A no use cannon
Better when past
Best never cast."

Robert

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Beautiful piece of poetry, Robert.
Like twins grinning at each other in a desperate womb.
I'm just off for a night on the tiles, so will catch up with you in the morning.
For the moment see if the following gives you indigestion.

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A Speck in god’s eye

So a killer like Speck becomes the replacement for that which he has slaughtered. He becomes an object of sexual arousal and interest for other men - admittedly for the moment only within the male bastion of the prison system but hey every evolutionary process starts somewhere - and is every bit a female apart from his lack of reproductive elements…
And that is another key that doth this door unlock.
For remember, these killers have shown no sexual interest in the sexual parts of their victims - masturbation and magical transfer are selfish sexual acts carried out in the peculiar vacuum of fantasy and play no part in the sexual reality of the situation - Richard Chase was exactly the same, so was Jack… just slaughter, slaughter, slaughter and rip, rip, rip, out that worm in bud, out that dirty womb, out and out and out… and the only way in was through that accursed honey pot which has ensnared and entrapped man since Eve passed Adam an apple and he bit into that forbidden flesh.
The act of masturbation on such a female victim when slaughtered is nowt but an act of contempt, in much the same way that the victorious Egyptian soldiers would rape their male prisoners after battle… and then cut off their privates to take back for their king.
Another twist of that stiff key.
For we must ask ourselves just which king was Jack and Richard taking their trophies back to?
It was the ’King of Wishful Thinking’ of course.
Yes, I could see Jack with breasts in later life, and as an object of sexual lust for other males. A transsexual who has used the magical device of disempowering females - by slaughtering them and ripping out their reproductive bits - to empower himself sexually as a woman.
Ah Jack, I see you blush.
No matter, I’ll lay my hand on your comely thigh and we’ll flutter our lashes at one another. Sweet boy of early promise and later faith.
I have said all along that I fancy Jack as a ‘side-stepper’, a being that is trying to fast-track due evolutionary process, by the simple expedient of ripping out the reproductive elements of womanhood as an entirety by targeting the only group of women easily available to him at that time, the prostitutes of Whitechapel.
And that his acts were unwittingly applauded by every single male in the land at that time, and that applause still beats out from the half-arsed Freudian bandits of today who are still keeping Jack’s faith with their half-baked Hagel Bagels.
After watching Speck’s Panto there is no doubt in my mind that due evolutionary process has it very much in mind to progress humanity with a single sex caste system instead of the present dual system… and that single sexual caste will be male.
For the heavy blood and spunk stained curtains will finally close on the female caste, and it was Jack who first started tugging on that velvet cord to drop them.
It’s very much curtains for us girls.
And Speck for you boys.
Enjoy!

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2666
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks AP.

This is your colony model again. I think it's interesting that the female reproductive organs are being (I don't know whether to say "attacked") from the other end of the spectrum too - that is to say by male doctors and scientists whose aim seems to be to make child-bearing itself less messy. E.g. the rise in the number of Caesareans, the sending women home after only a day or so, and of course the pill...trying to take the inconvenience out of the business and make it more of an everyday sort of thing. I dare say soon it'll be possible to grow a baby in the lab and present it to the mother after nine months.

On the other hand, we have fertility treatment etc which is designed to make organs work which wouldn't otherwise have worked, so it's a bit of a mixed picture.

AP, you may be right about the songle sex future, but I'm not sure how long it would last once established. Someone always wants to be top dog, and I'm reminded of that fish - can't remember its name - that swims in schools composed of one male plus hierarchically ranked females. If the male dies, the highest ranking female turns into a male.

I do think that men and women are getting more similar to each other, and I suspect you're right about these killers. Even if they didn't have problems with their "female" side to start with, they'll have a good chance of developing such problems in an anti-women social setting. My mind goes back to "Mario and the Magician". It's some time since I read it, but I'm thinking about the hypnosis bit.

Robert

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 930
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 5:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I find the idea a bit wacky AP.Its possible but I cant see why a transsexual person would commit such atrocities in order to appropriate female organs etc.OK such a person had also imbibed all the sexist woman hating propaganda of Victorian culture in the first instance but to then go on to the scale of hatred that generated the horrific acts of violence on Mary Kelly?Surely not?
Natalie

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 936
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 6:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

walking
walking
keep going
walking
got the pills?
yes
thats good
feeling better?
have a cup of tea..
No
am ok
dont fear for me
five walkers
walking
walking
walking ....
inside of me

suzi

Suzi Hanney
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 938
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

AP! sorry about that ...........the devil told me to type that!!! (!)
Sorry haven't been here much am trying to get my poem/painting head back on!!!
x suzi

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 7:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert, your poem superb.
Lovely turn of the word and the worm, the two both as useless as each other, their damned lifes of no consquence or import to anyone, especially themselves.
The lines 'slices through neck, and slides off deck' are superb, and quite the best thing I have read in a long while.
Well done my dear chap.

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1173
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 7:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Concerning Speck, Robert…
Good linkage and very provoking thoughts.
Back in the late 70’s I actually carried out a large number of experiments on the likelihood of varying species actually being able to adapt or even change their sexual caste depending upon social circumstances.
This was ground-breaking stuff back then and my results were largely ignored by the Colony.
Using groups of ‘Cheer’ pheasants - a rare species from the foothills of Formosa - I found I was able to influence their sexual identity by changing their social circumstance, hence if I confined two males together over a breeding season, the result would be that the less-superior of the two males would moult out his male plumage at the end of the season and his new plumage would be that of the female of the species, during the following breeding season the pair would copulate as normal male and female partners and the transsexual bird would lay eggs, sit on the nest and rear perfectly healthy off-spring.
Neat trick eh?
However I found that if I confined two female cheer pheasant together under exactly the same social circumstances and conditions then they both accepted their roles as females, became very broody and frustrated, laying dozens of infertile eggs and pulling out their plumage and then inflicting wounds upon one another where the skin was exposed. Obviously at that point I brought the experiments to a close.
I have never really reached a conclusion about these experiments and perhaps it is about time I did.

Robert Charles Linford
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 2671
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks again, AP.

The pheasant experiments sound fascinating. Maybe the less superior male pheasant found it more economical energy-wise to give up growing the (presumably more colourful) male plumage, channelling his energy into egg-laying. I suppose the conservation of energy applies in the animal world as everywhere else. I was surprised when I learned that the eighteenth century castrati actually grew up to be more masculine in certain respects - the operation had the effect of making their fully developed height far above average, and these super-tall castrati were able to play dashing hero operatic roles on the strength of this.

Robert

AP Wolf
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think ‘wacky’ to be a good choice of word for my ravings, Natalie, but is it honestly anymore ‘wacky’ than labelling crimes of the nature of Jack as ‘sexual’ or ‘lust’ killings when there is no obvious sexual motive or intent?
It is just how we have been socially conditioned to look at such crimes by the Freudian rat-pack, and that rot has set so deep now that even the female species believes this about herself, that when they kill her and rip out her womb then their motive is sexual desire and satisfaction.
Such clear and obvious motive as pure jealousy - that the sexual and reproductive cards are stacked firmly in the female deck - is not even considered by the slavering mob hungry for their pornographic slice of the female pie.
The bottom line is that young and impressionable men are still going out and slaughtering women because they have been conditioned by the rat-pack of Freudian maniacs into believing it to be an ultimate form of sexual expression.
But talk to these young men after the tragic events have unfolded and it is then they do realise the complete and utter sexual futility of what they have done… sometimes even more than that, they don’t even know they have done it.
This is the limping cobbled-together Frankenstein monster that the Freudians of this world have thrown together and then conjured its dark powers with doses of high voltage electric persuasion and masculine brotherhood, and its rotten core is a pure hatred of all things female, and its rotten purpose to finally rid this world of a species that they believe represents the ultimate threat to male power.
I suppose what I am saying basically is that social conditioning made Richard Speck - and Jack - go out and slaughter innocent women for no discernible reason or motive; and that the same social conditioning signals made Richard Speck think he was a woman… and when I do talk of subtle and secretive signals within a society model I am talking about the underlying implications of social conditioning.
This social conditioning leading to the needless slaughter of women is carried out by the young soldiers at the direct behest and request of the Freudian senators.
It really is as simple as that.
Change the way we write about these crimes and we will change the very crimes. It would not be far-fetched to suggest that such murders could very well cease altogether if the suggestive material now being written and distributed concerning this matter were to replaced with more realistic material.
This is my quest.

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 931
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 3:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi AP, I do agree with you that Jack could well have been acting out some deep frustrations and jealousies especially with regard to the genital/abdominal/reproductive organs and his theft of some of these.I think your theory is worthy of extra research of the kind you have cited and no you are quite right its no more
"wacky" than a number of the theories that prioritise a sexual motive rather than one of envy.Its certainly credible.
Currently I am exploring an idea of a callous confidence trickster capable of cold blooded murder and enjoying the predatory aspects and duping as well as the murder and mutilation.And the reason for the con artist in operation could be a rage to do with identity
and resentment about being deniedaccess to female reprodutive ability.
I"m thinking about it AP.Its very interesting.
Natalie

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 933
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 3:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Robert,a finely wrought poem and yet another way of thinking about the reasons for him doing what he did.Did the women remind him of his own feelings of worthlessness?
Thanks for that.Lovely and pitiless.
Natalie

Natalie Severn
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 935
Posted on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Suzi,I like this,it made me think of for whom the bell tolls and all that.In fact it was like listening to the toll of a bell-five in all.
Natalie

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.