Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Sweeny Todd Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Shades of Whitechapel » Sweeny Todd « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nick Cook
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 9:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I havent got the facts to hand but people say it was all made up but im sure he was based on a real person, a barber that was slighty weird. Anyone else know the true facts?

Nick Cook
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 6:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sorry i didnt see the other sweeney todd thread!

Robert John Poke
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2004 - 8:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sweeny todd was a real person. An ancestor of mine was one of his victims. He was on route to his girlfriends house to propose to her with an engraved necklace. he stopped off to have a haircut on route and was never seen again. when sweeny todd was caught the necklace was fount in his possetion with the same engraving.

Villain S. Deeds
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was watching an old movie about Sweeny Todd, in which the title character was played by an actor named Tod Slaughter. I just had to know if he was real or not. You've answered my question. Thanks!

Thomas Hands
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 7:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Knowledge of London has a good page about Sweeny Todd with pictures of his shop, check it out on;
www.knowledgeoflondon.com/sweeny.html

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.