Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Roswell, New Mexico alleged U.FO inci... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Shades of Whitechapel » Roswell, New Mexico alleged U.FO incident « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Inspector
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 281
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I mentioned on another thread my families connection to the Roswell U.F.O. incident. Someone e-mailed me and asked me to post it under its own heading so more people could read about it.

To get the story check under the New Orleans Axeman thread. If anyone is interested I will have my wife elaborate on this thread.

All The Best
Gary

Andrew Spallek
Detective Sergeant
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 135
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 2:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'd be interested if she has anything that we haven't heard before in the standard literature on the incident, though from what you said earlier it doesn't sound like it. Seems to me I remember Marcel's son being interviewed on at least one documentary.

Andy

Kevin Braun
Detective Sergeant
Username: Kbraun

Post Number: 57
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2003 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Gary, Andy,

Major Jesse Marcel was the head intelligence officer, or A-2, at Roswell Army Air Field in 1947. He was promoted to Lt. Colonel in the Air Force Reserve in 1948 and transferred to Washington D.C. for higher intelligence work.

In 1994 Air Force published "The Roswell Report: Case Closed" (love the title). Case closed concludes that the predecessor to the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Army Air Forces, recovered debris from an Army Air Forces balloon-borne research project code named MOGUL. Lt. Colonel Marcel's Washington D.C. assignment was with the Special Weapons Program. This was a Top Secret program to assess the ongoing development of Soviet nuclear capabilities (Project MOGUL).

I am not saying that I think a UFO crashed in Roswell. I do not think it is likely that Major Jesse Marcel who was familiar with Project MOGUL, weather and high altitude balloons, would fail to recognize radar deflecting apparatus, balloon material or debris.

Take care,
Kevin

Gary Alan Weatherhead
Inspector
Username: Garyw

Post Number: 283
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2003 - 2:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Kevin and All

I will have my wife contact her relative to see if we can get more information. Jesse Marcel was no dunce and you make a good point about his ability to distinguish between the debri you mention and unidentified marerial.

There is no question from my wife's own knowledge that Jesse could not identify the material. I was unaware that he eventually became a Lt. Colonel although we knew he was always involved in intelligence work.

I had better close before the M.I.B. show up at my door.

All The Best
Gary

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.