Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Boy butchered in Goulston Street Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Shades of Whitechapel » Boy butchered in Goulston Street « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

T. Bayer
Unregistered guest
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 8:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found this on a German Rippersite (www.jacktheripper.de):

8th June 1892: On that day, the corpse of a four-years-old was discovered tied to a fence. The throat had been cut and the body had been stabbed numerous times.

Surely, someone must know somthing about this incident? Is there any proof it actually happened, newspaper clips?

Thank you - Thomas

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Suzi

Post Number: 1352
Posted on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow!!!! MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! Gosh sounds interesting! anyone else got anything on this?????

Cheers
Suzi

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1368
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thomas,

Not heard of this one.

Are we getting a hybrid of Chapman and Gill murder?

Don't be shocked by the tone of my voice
Check out my new weapon, weapon of choice- Jack the Ripper

David O'Flaherty
Inspector
Username: Oberlin

Post Number: 429
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, all

I haven't heard of this story either, but this reminds me of a Ripper copycat murder in Havant, late Nov. 1888--both the victim and alleged murderer were young boys. The accounts are in the Press Reports section, 20 Dec & 21 Dec 1888 if anyone's interested.

Good to see you in print, Monty. I'm hoping you'll do a Mitre Square article.

Cheers,
Dave

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1369
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 11:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dave,

Havant, yeah, forgot that one. Im trying to find the article Thomas mentions above....my German begins with Max von Sydow and ends with Ken Stott.

I only know of one yard in Goulston street also and I thought that was walled !

Monty
:-)

PS Thanks, Its amazing what good editing can do...they're like make-up artists. Mitre Sq? Has someone been blabbing?? I am working on something regarding the square and the murders (just to keep Wescott happy). Im waiting on research.

David O'Flaherty
Inspector

Post Number: 430
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 2:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty

I think that's from a posting on their message board. See the message from Eastsidemags about timelines. I think he's saying the boy was found tied to the fence of a house. Doesn't say where the story was coming from, though.

Cheers,
Dave

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1360
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 3:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

David!!!!!!

HAVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats just down the road!!!! Is that Havant Hants??????

Suzi

David O'Flaherty
Inspector

Post Number: 431
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 3:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, Suzi

I'm not familiar with the area, but this happened on a broad street called the Pallant, near North-street. The Daily Telegraph mentions The Fairfield, Havant. The case was brought before Justice Stephen with the Western Circuit, Winchester Assizes.

Hope that helps,
Dave

(Message edited by oberlin on September 27, 2004)

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1361
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 3:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Dave!
Gosh! it is its about 15 mins drive from me!!!! Will have a recce into this!!!

Cheers

Suzi
Ps the german message boards are something else eh!!!! get all those photos and messenger contacts etc agh!!!!Can you see us putting our pix on every post.....oh god yes maybe I can!

David O'Flaherty
Inspector

Post Number: 432
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 4:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pretty interesting, Suzi. The accused, an 11 year old boy named Robert Husband, was seen peering into a shop on the corner of the Pallant and North-street where the victim, another boy named Percy Knight Serle, was shopping for his mother. Shortly after, Serle was found dying of stab wounds to the throat nearby on the Pallant (Serle died at the scene). There was testimony that earlier the same evening of the murder, Husband was seen brandishing a knife and proclaiming "I am the Jack the Ripper". Reading about Serle's wounds, it sounds like a crude attempt was made to duplicate the double throat wounds that were the Ripper's trademark.

The murder weapon found near the scene belonged to Husband's older brother, who said it had gone missing a few days earlier. Despite this, Husband was let off, I think mostly because there was an absence of blood on his clothing (supplied later on to the police by Husband's mother). It's a chilling story, especially when you read about the warm welcome Husband received from his neighbors after his release.

Cheers,
Dave

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1380
Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 5:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blimey! Dave
This is quite a story will get onto it! Love the boy Percy Knight Serle!!!!(LOL!)
ok will have a longer and more intense look over the weekend and get back
Cheers

Suzi

Chris Scott
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Chris

Post Number: 1426
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 1:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a press report on the site at
http://casebook.org/press_reports/daily_telegraph/dt881127.html
see under Murder and Arrest at havant

Suzi Hanney
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2004 - 4:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cheers Chris!!!
Will check it out! doing my nightly trawl throught the bds.....as you do!
Cheers
Suzi

Morticia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2004 - 3:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,
I hate to be picking on details, but Max von Sydow is Swedish. A relative of Fogelma/Fågelmo's, perhaps?

Monty
Assistant Commissioner

Post Number: 1373
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2004 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Morticia,

I know...thats my point.

The majority of films Ive seen him in he plays a German or Jesus Christ !

Neither are Swedish.

Monty
:-)

Morticia
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 1:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Monty,
Good one! But I can't help but wonder what the bona fide German actors are up to? Playing Jesus?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.