Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Jesse Pomeroy -- Teenage Killer Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Shades of Whitechapel » Jesse Pomeroy -- Teenage Killer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Diana
Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 271
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just stumbled yesterday on the history of Jesse Pomeroy, a serial killer just as brutal if not more so than Jack. He was imprisoned at age 14 in the 1870's for the murder of two younger children. Jack at least waited till his victims were dead to mutilate them. Jesse didn't. Check out http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/history/pomeroy/3.html?sect=6

Michael Raney
Inspector
Username: Mikey559

Post Number: 360
Posted on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 3:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diana,

Very interesting. I had heard of Jesse Pomeroy before when attending a training on Juvenile Killers, but not in near so much detail. I recommend that everyone check out the link.

Mikey

James Jeffrey Paul
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you read the estimable Harold Schechter's book on Jesse Pomeroy, FIEND?

James Jeffrey Paul
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you read the estimable Harold Schechter's book on Jesse Pomeroy, FIEND?

Diana
Inspector
Username: Diana

Post Number: 294
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 8:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The reason I started this thread was the Pomeroy case opened my eyes to the possibility that Jack could indeed could have been a teenager. If he happened to be large enough, it would have been physically possible.

Stephen Leece
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Diana
The problem with your suggestion of a teenage Jack is there's no comparison between Pomeroy and Jack. If we look at major cases of children who have killed, Pomeroy, Truscott, Bell and Thompson and Venables they all murder people who are younger than them. That comparison kind of rules out the notion of a 14 year old, for example mutilating what were, lets be honest, elderly hags in Whitechapel. In the cases of Pomeroy and Truscott there was a sexual element to the crimes; in the Ripper's case, the victims were not even sexually assaulted. This suggests, to me at any rate, it is highly unlikely Jack was a young man, but more likely to be middle-aged.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.