Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Babylon 5 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Television Programmes » Babylon 5 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris Scott
Chief Inspector
Username: Chris

Post Number: 637
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 7:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just an odd thing that I found out yesterday. As well as JTR I am a sci fi fan and have recently bought a load of Babylon 5 tapes. Thought folks might like to know there is one episode in which Jack is the main character! It is called Comes the Inquisitor and the program even gives jack's name and full address!!! I won't spoil the surprise!
Have fun
Chris

Alan Sharp
Detective Sergeant
Username: Ash

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 3:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Chris

That one is one of the very best episodes of B5, and Wayne Alexander does a fantastic job as Jack. If I remember rightly the Hollywood Ripper web site lists it as their No 1 in terms of the performance. He is a terrific actor anyway, and he pitches it just right, part rational, part insane with just the right amount of arrogance but with a touch of sadness and regret, you are left with the sense that he knows what he is and wishes he could have been different. The speech he makes at the end I would list as my favourite "fictional words" ever put into the Ripper's mouth.

Alan Hunt
Police Constable
Username: Mews

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - 3:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree Alan!
the closing speech as he walks towards the camera and away from sheridan was fantastic and one of the best speehes on tv ever! but has anyone delved into the address given by Sheridan as Sebastian's home

Phil Hill
Chief Inspector
Username: Phil

Post Number: 984
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 1:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I love Babylon 5 and consider it a great achievement of US TV. However, there was one wonderful mistake in this episode.

The script and original airing of the show referred to the JtR murders as having taken place in the WEST End. I think this may have been corrected for the dvds.

Phil

Mr Poster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 5:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howdy Maria

My colleague next to me has just informed me that the ridiculous connection (or not) between chlorophyll and chloroacetamide may have been made by someone else in a book.

If that is true, profoundest apologies to Maria for ascribing it to her. The ignorance is not hers but obviously the persons who coined it.

Never let it be said I refuse to apologise,

Mr P.

Mr Poster
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 19, 2005 - 5:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howdy Maria

My colleague next to me has just informed me that the ridiculous connection (or not) between chlorophyll and chloroacetamide may have been made by someone else in a book.

If that is true, profoundest apologies to Maria for ascribing it to her. The ignorance is not hers but obviously the persons who coined it.

Never let it be said I refuse to apologise,

Mr P.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.