Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

Jack the Ripper: The Simple Truth by ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Non-Fiction Books » Jack the Ripper: The Simple Truth (Paley, 1995) » Jack the Ripper: The Simple Truth by Bruce Paley « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phil A.
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anybody please tell me where I could get this book for a REASONABLE price. I went on a few websites and there is one for $70.00. The bad thing is I'm unable to pay by credit card and I really want this book.

Andrew Spallek
Sergeant
Username: Aspallek

Post Number: 17
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I borrowed a copy via interlibrary loan though my local library. You might try that route -- unless you really feel that you must own it.

Andy

Robert Charles Linford
Inspector
Username: Robert

Post Number: 278
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Phil

If you can't get hold of the book, there's still Paley's chapter in "The Mammoth Book of Jack the Ripper".

Robert

Leanne Perry
Inspector
Username: Leanne

Post Number: 434
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 7:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Phil,

I wanted a fresh copy of this book so went to order it through Amazon.com and found that it was out of print. Desperately I ordered a used copy via Amazon. It arrived in a few weeks and was as good as new. They said it had slight damage on the spine, but I couldn't find it! You'll need a credit card to do this, so is there any chance of borrowing one? ie using someone elses and giving them the money for it?

LEANNE

Leanne Perry
Inspector

Post Number: 435
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Phil,

Amazon accept credit card, cheque or money order.

LEANNE

Martin Fido
Sergeant
Username: Fido

Post Number: 20
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 7:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I always use www.bookfinder for a good range of price offers on out of print books I want.
All the best,
Martin F

Monty
Detective Sergeant
Username: Monty

Post Number: 118
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey,

Whats with the 5 stars for Mr Fidos post ??

Product placement on the boards being rewarded eh ??

Monty

Martin Fido
Sergeant

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't actually uderstand the stars (or many of the other new devices on the new boards). But I can assure everyone that I have no financial interest or investment in Bookfinder!
All the best,
Martin F

Leanne Perry
Inspector

Post Number: 452
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Martin,

Click on (Vote!) that appears at the bottom of a post. I think it's for others to vote on posts, but I'm sure that a few people vote on their own messages! I don't!!!!!

LEANNE

Caroline Anne Morris
Inspector
Username: Caz

Post Number: 152
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Leanne,

Can you imagine the potential embarrassment if it is possible to find out if someone has tried to vote for their own post? Even worse if a huge sign were to come up to tell everyone about it! So even if I were sad enough to want to, I would never dare try it.

Love,

Caz

Martin Fido
Sergeant

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks for the info, Leanne.
All the best,
Martin F

Monty
Detective Sergeant
Username: Monty

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Martin...and everyone else !!

I was joshing. Im sorry if Ive caused any offence or embarressment. I didnt mean to.

But look...its happend again...and all you said is a thank you.

Yikes...its happend to mine as well...and Caz...and LEANNE !!!

Who is this phantom Star Sticker ??

Monty

Martin Fido
Sergeant

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 7:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No offence taken, Monty, and I did actually think you were joking!
All the best,
Martin F

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.