Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

The Ripperologist Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Periodicals » Ripperologist » The Ripperologist « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eduardo Zinna
Police Constable
Username: Eduardo

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 7:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Attention all posters,

The latest issue of Ripperologist is out!

Christopher T George
Detective Sergeant
Username: Chrisg

Post Number: 136
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 10:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, all:

I am pleased to announce that the latest (May) issue of Ripperologist is about to roll off the presses. As shown below, the cover features, in sepia, a superb photograph taken in life of Carrie Brown aka "Old Shakespeare," April 23, 1891 homicide victim in New York City, whom some people believe might have been a Jack the Ripper victim. The cover article inside by Michael Conlon, "The Carrie Brown Murder Case -- New Revelations," features mortuary photographs of Ms. Brown. In addition, the issue features an article on Sir Robert Anderson by Jeff Bloomfield, "Anderson's Solutions -- the Lighter Side of Historical Reality"; D. J. Leighton on "Montague Druitt, Blackheath Cricket Club, and the Christophersons"; Christopher T. George on "A. E. Coppard's The Presser -- Another Peek at Jack's Whitechapel"; Rob Hills, "The Miscreant of Mitre Square"; Bernard Brown, "The Rise and Fall of Sergeant Kirby"; Eduardo Zinna on "The Ripper People -- William Le Queux"; illustrations for "The Captain and the Torn Envelope" by Stawell Heard; an obituary on Donald Bell, etc., etc.

Best regards

Chris George
North American Editor
Ripperologist
Ripperologist--May

Kevin Braun
Sergeant
Username: Kbraun

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chris T.G.,

Wow! Thanks for that picture of Carrie Brown. Another colorful character in the JtR mix. I look foward to reading the May 2003 issue.

Take care,
Kevin

Christopher DiGrazia
Police Constable
Username: Cmd

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A very striking cover, CG! I look forward to reading Mr Conlon's article, and , of course, bite my tongue at the thought of keeping up with the Rip's high standard! I would also remind the assembled throngs that Wolf Vanderlinden has contributed Part I of a two-part essay on the Carrie Brown murder to the April Ripper Notes which will conclude in the October issue. Anyone interested in this case would do well to read both Conlon and Vanderlinden.

Christopher-Michael DiGrazia
Editor, Ripper Notes

Jennifer D. Pegg
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 135
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi,
strange question time!
im sure i have seen a website for ripperologist, does one exist? what is its address, why can't i find it!!????
jennifer

Christopher T George
Inspector

Post Number: 391
Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Jennifer et al.:

We have a revamped website for Ripperologist that has just opened up under the guidance of our magazine/website design guru, Adam Wood. Please go to

http://www.ripperologist.info

There you will find general information about the magazine, subscription information, and sample articles. With the November issue, I am proud to say we will publish our 50th issue with contributions by Donald Rumbelow, Anne Perry, Kim Newman, Professor L. Perry Curtis and other luminaries. Plus some surprises, and as usual new and unpublished research. A not-to-be-missed issue, Jennifer.

Best regards

Chris George
North American Editor
Ripperologist

Eduardo Zinna
Sergeant
Username: Eduardo

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, everybody,

Ripperologist's 50th issue - yes, 50th - is in the final stages of production. Watch for more news in the Casebook Message Boards.

Eduardo Zinna
European Editor
Ripperologist

Jennifer D. Pegg
Detective Sergeant
Username: Jdpegg

Post Number: 136
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank you!
hurrahhh!!!
jennifer

Saddam
Unregistered guest
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where is pablum offered as strong meat? I've read the article offered on the web concerning "Lipski."

For tastier bits o' meat, see A?R.

Saddam

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1227
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CALLING CHRIS T GEORGE.

What, you ignoring me now ???

Re what you mailed me about. Im not sure if you received my mail on account of the fact I have received NO RESPONSE WHAT SO EVER !!!!!

Seriously, Ive got it all together, apart from the photo which is to be sorted over the weekend.

Basically I want to know if you still want it ?

Cheers,
Monty
:-)

PS I hope you know what Im on about.

Prince Charming, Prince Charming,
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 789
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Calling MONTY back smile

Yes still interested, received your e-mail but have been swamped trying meet a major work deadline and unable to reply. Will try to reply tonight. Work has slacked off since completing the deadline last week but am still running with various personal and work chores. dogrun

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation, Monty. Most appreciated.

All my best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist

Monty
Assistant Commissioner
Username: Monty

Post Number: 1236
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 4:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CHRIS,

This is Jar-many calling....I mean Monty.

No worries old chap. Its nearly done and dusted. Just trying to sort out the poxy photos. Goddamn technology !!!

I'll mail it over.

Sorry for hassling you.

Monty
:-)
Prince Charming, Prince Charming,
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of

Christopher T George
Chief Inspector

Post Number: 790
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Monty

No problem old man. It's ninety degrees here and I am moving air conditioners in and out of windows with a bum knee and a bum back. I appreciate your interest and help, Monty. Will e-mail you shortly when I get a chance. Promises, promises. wink

All my best

Chris
Christopher T. George
North American Editor
Ripperologist

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.