Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
About the Casebook

Search:

Join the Chat Room!

A Handbook for Attendants on the Insa... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Message Boards » Books, Films and Other Media » Fiction Books » A Handbook for Attendants on the Insane (2003) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stephen P. Ryder
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2688
Posted on Friday, March 28, 2003 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A Handbook for Attendants on the Insane: the autobiography of 'Jack the Ripper' as revealed to Clanash Farjeon

Driven 'by more than a century of rising gall' to 'claim his due,' Lyttleton Stewart Forbes Winslow reveals his motive, his methods, a shocking blow-by-blow depiction of all eight murders and a troubled history that cuts to the heart of mankind's madness.

A frustrated and vainglorious man who devoted an entire chapter in his memoirs to his own investigation of the case, he once boasted to the press "I am as certain that I have the murderer as I am of being here" and claimed to have "singlehandedly chased Jack the Ripper from England." He was a suspect at the time yet no one since has taken him seriously.

This provocative novel, though its concerns transcend any attempt to prove a particular identity, paints a compelling portrait that may challenge the Ripperologists to reconsider.

Now available from Trafford Books.
ISBN 1-55393-792-X
http://www.trafford.com/robots/03-0155.html

Order online or toll-free, 888.232.4444. Overseas customers can dial 250.383.6864.

I've just received my copy today so the review will not be out for another week or so. But, in the interests of full-disclosure, the author has fully sponsored the Casebook, financially, for the entire month of April. So, if you want to do a good deed and support those who support the Casebook, go ahead and follow the link above to order this book. :-)

Stephen P. Ryder, Editor
Casebook: Jack the Ripper
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jack Bradley
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm a little over 100 pages into this book and so far so good. Well written and a great concept.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Register now! Administration

Use of these message boards implies agreement and consent to our Terms of Use. The views expressed here in no way reflect the views of the owners and operators of Casebook: Jack the Ripper.
Our old message board content (45,000+ messages) is no longer available online, but a complete archive is available on the Casebook At Home Edition, for 19.99 (US) plus shipping. The "At Home" Edition works just like the real web site, but with absolutely no advertisements. You can browse it anywhere - in the car, on the plane, on your front porch - without ever needing to hook up to an internet connection. Click here to buy the Casebook At Home Edition.